Support group - Miscarriages

Please rest well! Not sure what abnormal pains you referring to, but if it helps, I do get horrible headaches now and some weird feelings in abdomen sometimes... Dr didn't prescribe me any meds...

Was there any bleeding immediately after your MC? If not, then that's probably body clearing out the blood.
The whole chunk of blood clot came out and I bleed a little n stop. Dr scan n say 'everything' came out. And the bleeding starts after a few days, first 2 days was heavy then gradually lesser.

My womb felt very "cold" after the MC, immediately after the MC there was very strong pains.. it took me 3 days of hot hot hot soups and hot water bag on my tummy to let the cold go away. 1 month after the MC, i took a packet of cold drink and immediately felt my womb getting cold and stopped it immediately.

I think i've been stressing myself out too much, been ttc immediately after the mc on 2nd nov but no good news till date..

The whole chunk of blood clot came out and I bleed a little n stop. Dr scan n say 'everything' came out. And the bleeding starts after a few days, first 2 days was heavy then gradually lesser.
If the doctor said everything came out and you stopped bleeding for a few days then maybe that's really your mensus

Karen_23, u better call up the gynae and do a scan (again if u done so) to see if ur mc is cleared.
cos I rmbr u had twins too.
I knew naturally mc bleeding can go on for weeks but unsure abt the abnormal pain you referring to.

The gynae that gave me 2nd opinion asked me to do D&C cos he mentioned that with the twins, it will be "messier", with more bleeding and pain.
His concern to me is worried I couldn't take it and end up at A&E.
So I did D&C cos he assured I will have less issues than naturally mc.
I drank the Shen Hua Tang and my bleeding is cleared the next day.
*cross fingers*

Hope you have speedy recovery.
Now the pain is gone.. but my bleeding is not fresh red seem more of brown blood .. the flow is lesser.. it almost a week still not clear..I got drink shen hua tang also..I not sure is m/c bleeding or mense bleeding

Now the pain is gone.. but my bleeding is not fresh red seem more of brown blood .. the flow is lesser.. it almost a week still not clear..I got drink shen hua tang also..I not sure is m/c bleeding or mense bleeding

It will take a while I guess.
I'm not really bleeding now but having "spottings" like last few days of menses.
I don't think mense will start so early??

Btw... did anyone really not shower during their mini confinement?
Anyone had showered and any issues?

I couldn't stand the confinement "no shower thingy" and had a good shower couple days back.
I did use the herbs for the shower & shampoo n condition my super long hair too.
Now my ankle n knee joints ache.
or is it the aircon?
the temperature is 25-26 Deg Cel.

Btw... did anyone really not shower during their mini confinement?
Anyone had showered and any issues?

I couldn't stand the confinement "no shower thingy" and had a good shower couple days back.
I did use the herbs for the shower & shampoo n condition my super long hair too.
Now my ankle n knee joints ache.
or is it the aircon?
the temperature is 25-26 Deg Cel.

When I had a m/c 2 yrs ago, I showered daily coz I couldn't stand not showering at all! But I washed my hair only every other day and made sure I dried myself and my hair quickly after before I turned on the aircon. Also, I wore long sleeves, Long pants and socks to bed to keep myself warm.

Do take care!

When I had a m/c 2 yrs ago, I showered daily coz I couldn't stand not showering at all! But I washed my hair only every other day and made sure I dried myself and my hair quickly after before I turned on the aircon. Also, I wore long sleeves, Long pants and socks to bed to keep myself warm.

Do take care!

Thanks!
I do wear long sleeves and tights (my so call long pants) and socks whole day.
but yday felt the aches so kinda worried if it's due to shower cos it rained!!
Maybe I'm scaring myself.

Hi Ladies,

My mother-in-law bring me to TCM to tiao my body after MC but was given those liquid medicine to drink. Is this the way to tiao our body? Because from what I saw on forum most of u was given herbs to brew the medicine. Or does anyone have any good TMC to share?
Hi, I had a miscarriage due to Turner's Syndrome in 2013 and had adomenyosis also. So technically I have difficulty conceiving. But after going to Da Zhong public free clinic (TCM), i got pregnant again within 3 months (miscarriage baby also) and gave birth to baby girl last Sept

Hi ladies,
Anyone has any gynae to recommend for D&C that can use medisave?
If you are comfortable to share ur D&C rates with me here or PM me pls.
My past scans since 7w already no hb for both twins.
Though gynae mention the body will naturally reject and MC.
I'm already 9w+5d and no signs of MC.
I dunno if i should continue to wait.

Hi my total bills at kkh $1774. All cover under medisave. This include d&c, 3 days stay at ward B class.

Dear all, I would like to seek ur advise as I am at wit's end...not sure who to ask...

I was admitted to kkh one month ago and had a dilation and curettage op. I was discharged in 3 days. Had experienced sharp pain when urinating after that op. Till now the still painful when I pee. I went to follow up last week, the doc said no infection.

Anyone has any discomfort or pain after d & c? How long it takes to heal? It's like double suffering for me...both mentally and physically...

Regards,
Sadlyme

Dear all, I would like to seek ur advise as I am at wit's end...not sure who to ask...

I was admitted to kkh one month ago and had a dilation and curettage op. I was discharged in 3 days. Had experienced sharp pain when urinating after that op. Till now the still painful when I pee. I went to follow up last week, the doc said no infection.

Anyone has any discomfort or pain after d & c? How long it takes to heal? It's like double suffering for me...both mentally and physically...

Regards,
Sadlyme

Hi,
I had D&C done last Friday.
Till now is mild spotting and cramps + occasional headaches.
No sharp pain thou during peeing.

Did ur pain start before or after u got discharged?
Gynae didn't give u any possibilities of why there is a sharp pain?

Regards,
Sadlyme

Should you get second opinion? It should not have any pain when urinating. The pain only on the stomach but it will go away after 1 week.

Hi,
I had D&C done last Friday.
Till now is mild spotting and cramps + occasional headaches.
No sharp pain thou during peeing.

Did ur pain start before or after u got discharged?
Gynae didn't give u any possibilities of why there is a sharp pain?

Hi, it started straight after the op. The doc said I have stitches. But it shd be healing by now. ... I am not sure whether is it normal...

Doc said it was necessary for the instrument to go in cos the wall is too thick..she never elaborate more and I thought it's a normal procedure...as it was my first time... 11 weeks...

Sorry.. I dun quite understand the meaning of "the wall is too thick".
They told u before or after the D&C?
Did they give u any meds to eat or insert to dilate before the procedure?
Which gynae was that?
I'm sure it must hv hurt a lot.
Pls do take some pain killers at the moment

I was 10 weeks with twins when I did my D&C.
My 1st time as well and I had a tilted womb.
No need to stitch also.

Regards,
Sadlyme
hi gal sorry to hear abt it, you should ask that doc why is there a need to cut you up just because the wall is too thick??? Cos from what i know dnc no need stitch de. It's just an instrument going in the v and scraping the remains out. If i were you i will ask more for reasons why? If they really did a mistake and tried to cover it up then it will be unfair to you as a patient to have to experience the after effects of the mistakes. But as for the urinating pain, were you on GA (general anesthetic)? Cos if so, a urine catheter will be inserted usually to help drain away urine. I had experienced with a urine catheter inserted last year for my other op and i have sometimes painful urination after too even til now. Doc also found no UTI but then it is at some times pain so my gynae recommended me to take this 'Citravescent' it helps for me a bit but i still think cos of when they insert the catheter that time must have hurt/injure somewhere in there. :(

hi gal sorry to hear abt it, you should ask that doc why is there a need to cut you up just because the wall is too thick??? Cos from what i know dnc no need stitch de. It's just an instrument going in the v and scraping the remains out. If i were you i will ask more for reasons why? If they really did a mistake and tried to cover it up then it will be unfair to you as a patient to have to experience the after effects of the mistakes. But as for the urinating pain, were you on GA (general anesthetic)? Cos if so, a urine catheter will be inserted usually to help drain away urine. I had experienced with a urine catheter inserted last year for my other op and i have sometimes painful urination after too even til now. Doc also found no UTI but then it is at some times pain so my gynae recommended me to take this 'Citravescent' it helps for me a bit but i still think cos of when they insert the catheter that time must have hurt/injure somewhere in there. :(

Hi yes... I am under GA... I had lodged a complain with kkh...they didn't let me know of the stitches when I was warded. I only knew abt it when I went for follow up 2 weeks after discharge...they didn't even tell me the after care procedures to take care of the wound. Worst....during my follow up, they asked me go for another d & c. Said the previous one is inaccurate on the biopsy part (to test for cancerous tissue)....I believe this is an overlook on their part and I have to suffer...sad.

d&c carries risk too and one of them is damage to the cervix. Your stitch is likely on your cervix. Had done d&cs before and didn't need stitches.

I think you need to ask your doc more questions if this is something not common. Hope your discomfort will go away soon.

Hi just saw your post. Sorry to hear of this unfortunate episode. I don't agree too on how this has been handled by KKH. Hope they can shed some lights to you soon... Most importantly hope you'll heal well. Take care.

Hi yes... I am under GA... I had lodged a complain with kkh...they didn't let me know of the stitches when I was warded. I only knew abt it when I went for follow up 2 weeks after discharge...they didn't even tell me the after care procedures to take care of the wound. Worst....during my follow up, they asked me go for another d & c. Said the previous one is inaccurate on the biopsy part (to test for cancerous tissue)....I believe this is an overlook on their part and I have to suffer...sad.
then in this case you can bring up to their higher management and cc copy to MOH and ask for the medical bills be reinbursed. Else some other sorts of compensation..i feel so angry for you..mc already very sad still hv to encounter this..

Hi sadlyme,
Hope you are feeling better today.

Why did you need another D&C?
The previous D&C wasn't done properly or they did not do the procedure at all?
I'm not sure why you need to do biopsy during you D&C.

Anyways, on the biopsy part, I had a biopsy done to the cervix in the past for cancerous tissue.
The gynae usually will give some medication for you to insert to help heal; you will get antibiotics too.
I can understand if there is a painful experience while pee-ing.
I had that too but it only last a couple of weeks longest.
Try not to keep your bladder too full as it will feel more uncomfortable.

Pls do check with the gynae that did the procedure for you and make sure you know what they had done and what you had paid for.
It's ok to ask questions and find out why (stitches / biopsy etc) from them, it's what they are suppose to do.
Which gynae attended to you?

Hi, I had a miscarriage due to Turner's Syndrome in 2013 and had adomenyosis also. So technically I have difficulty conceiving. But after going to Da Zhong public free clinic (TCM), i got pregnant again within 3 months (miscarriage baby also) and gave birth to baby girl last Sept

Hi, may I know which outlet did you go to? I am also thinking if I should do TCM too. Is the queue very long?

Regards,
Sadlyme

I did my D&C and was discharged on the same day. First 3 days abit pain but after that ok le. Never heard that D&C need stitches. Did they do something wrong? Really must report them for investigation sia.

Hello,

I found out about my missed miscarriage after seeing the baby's heartbeat twice. But the lack of symptoms did set me worrying for weeks. Guess I'm not that lucky after all. My gynae suggested a evacuation of uterus like the next day but I can't. I do not feel ready. How could one ever feel ready ?
I'm thinking of seeing a different gynae. Maybe someone who appears more concern? Separately I'm aware of my endometriosis. I know I'm sounding ambitious here but I wondered if it's possible to remove the cysts together? Like 2 operation at a go ?

Thanks girls and no one really deserve this pain.

Hello,

I found out about my missed miscarriage after seeing the baby's heartbeat twice. But the lack of symptoms did set me worrying for weeks. Guess I'm not that lucky after all. My gynae suggested a evacuation of uterus like the next day but I can't. I do not feel ready. How could one ever feel ready ?
I'm thinking of seeing a different gynae. Maybe someone who appears more concern? Separately I'm aware of my endometriosis. I know I'm sounding ambitious here but I wondered if it's possible to remove the cysts together? Like 2 operation at a go ?

Thanks girls and no one really deserve this pain.

Sorry to hear about your loss too.
I believe nobody will be ever ready to wanna do a D&C.
I waited for like 3 weeks to natural MC until I really got no choice but to go thru the procedure after 2nd opinion.
Checking with the gynae is the best if you wanna remove the cyst together.

How far along are you?

Sorry to hear about your loss too.
I believe nobody will be ever ready to wanna do a D&C.
I waited for like 3 weeks to natural MC until I really got no choice but to go thru the procedure after 2nd opinion.
Checking with the gynae is the best if you wanna remove the cyst together.

How far along are you?

Thanks. My apps said 9 weeks now but my first gynae visit suggested baby was 1 week behind. And my 2nd visit yesterday showed the heartbeat gone and baby grew over 1mm ish since 2 weeks ago .. And I had no idea at all..

Hi, Im having my d&c tmr at TMC. Supposed to be 8wks plus now but baby stopped growing at 6wks and have fading heartbeat on Fri when i went for 2nd opinion. I was given one week of HL and thinking if i should apply leave for another week as my parents insisted i do mini confinement of at least 2weeks. Did anyone start seeing TCM immediately after the procedure or after confinement? Im wondering if i go and see my usual TCM to tiao my body back few days after the procedure or wait. How long did you all manage to conceive again aft the m/c? My gynae told us first menses will come 4-6 weeks and might be heavier than usual. 2nd and 3rd cycle should be back to normal. My TCM taught me to use charting of temperature method to try however, i already conceived before trying that. Dont know if i shud try that for the next baby anot.

Hi, Im having my d&c tmr at TMC. Supposed to be 8wks plus now but baby stopped growing at 6wks and have fading heartbeat on Fri when i went for 2nd opinion. I was given one week of HL and thinking if i should apply leave for another week as my parents insisted i do mini confinement of at least 2weeks. Did anyone start seeing TCM immediately after the procedure or after confinement? Im wondering if i go and see my usual TCM to tiao my body back few days after the procedure or wait. How long did you all manage to conceive again aft the m/c? My gynae told us first menses will come 4-6 weeks and might be heavier than usual. 2nd and 3rd cycle should be back to normal. My TCM taught me to use charting of temperature method to try however, i already conceived before trying that. Dont know if i shud try that for the next baby anot.
I c my tcm once I know I will m/c after confinement will c her also

i see.. during confinement is it strictly cannot leave house? coz every morning my hubby will send me to my parents hs before he goes to work and pick me up after work. so no matter what i will have to leave house. and i feel like seeing tcm during confinement so that besides the meals my parents cook e med can oso help me tiao back. Btw any idea how long it takes before i can start swimming again? I havent been exercising since i know of the pregnancy and have put on some weight since then.

Hi evon,

We pretty much have the same story except I decided to postpone the d&c by a day. I read and swimming is probably possible after 1-2 weeks after d&c due to the risk of infection there.

I'm not sure which tcm to go to. Any recommendations anyone ?

i see.. during confinement is it strictly cannot leave house? coz every morning my hubby will send me to my parents hs before he goes to work and pick me up after work. so no matter what i will have to leave house. and i feel like seeing tcm during confinement so that besides the meals my parents cook e med can oso help me tiao back. Btw any idea how long it takes before i can start swimming again? I havent been exercising since i know of the pregnancy and have put on some weight since then.

Hi evon,

We pretty much have the same story except I decided to postpone the d&c by a day. I read and swimming is probably possible after 1-2 weeks after d&c due to the risk of infection there.

I'm not sure which tcm to go to. Any recommendations anyone ?

Hi, i always go to Dr Ong Kwee Nam at Si En TCM Medical Clinic. He is at clementi clinic on Wednesdays, Fri and Sun at AMK. He is a very gentle and nice doctor. He answers to all queries. If u need further details u can always PM me.

Hi, i always go to Dr Ong Kwee Nam at Si En TCM Medical Clinic. He is at clementi clinic on Wednesdays, Fri and Sun at AMK. He is a very gentle and nice doctor. He answers to all queries. If u need further details u can always PM me.

Thanks evon. Stay strong. I'm looking forward to swimming and being fitter for the next pregnancy. :)

Hi, this kind of short distance I suppose should be ok.
Cos our body tend to be more weak so we have to avoid 吹风
It's not as if u go to the beach and enjoy the breeze.
Confinement mainly is best to bed rest.
Pls eat confinement food and drink Longan red dates tea to "pu" ur body.

Hi, this kind of short distance I suppose should be ok.
Cos our body tend to be more weak so we have to avoid 吹风
It's not as if u go to the beach and enjoy the breeze.
Confinement mainly is best to bed rest.
Pls eat confinement food and drink Longan red dates tea to "pu" ur body.

Yup my parents will be cooking for me. I will just have it for 2 weeks after that back to work. Mayb i will continue with the longan red dates tea after the 2 weeks, cook at night and bring to ofc e next day. I will still consult my TCM if it is still needed and see what he says. Hopefully the GA will go off fast so that i can go home early. Im afraid the longer im there the more i will cry after i wake up.

Me too.. plan to try again probably 2mths later. Jiayou together!

Yes us 2! In the interim we decided to go on a long vacation in April. Just worried on the issue being me being too weak to hold the baby so the tcm bit is really crucial I think. Will give one of the recommendations a shot. Jiayou!

Yes us 2! In the interim we decided to go on a long vacation in April. Just worried on the issue being me being too weak to hold the baby so the tcm bit is really crucial I think. Will give one of the recommendations a shot. Jiayou!

Yup u should go and see TCM and take care. Hope that u will have some good news soon :)

Thank u all for the advise and supports.

I would like to try TCM to tiao my body also. I find that I get pain and ache easily after the D & C...and my menses are so heavy it soak my bedding every night... any zhong yi TCM to recommend? I stay in toa payoh area.

Would also let to check whether anyone uses Norethisterone tablets to control bleeding or regulate menstruation cycle? My menses is very heavy last month and this month. Kkh put me on norethisterone. It is effective in reduce my flow. I took it on second day on my menses and continue for 21 days after that. My GP advise to reduce my dose (kkh ask me to take 2 tablets 2 times per day) but my GP said 1 tablet 2 times per day is enough and don't take exceed 17 days.

Anyone on this pill can share ur experience and dosage?

Back