Support group - Miscarriages

Attachments

• 1452564172032.jpg
    1452564172032.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 373
Hi ladies,
Anyone has any gynae to recommend for D&C that can use medisave?
If you are comfortable to share ur D&C rates with me here or PM me pls.
My past scans since 7w already no hb for both twins.
Though gynae mention the body will naturally reject and MC.
I'm already 9w+5d and no signs of MC.
I dunno if i should continue to wait.

Hi ladies,
Anyone has any gynae to recommend for D&C that can use medisave?
If you are comfortable to share ur D&C rates with me here or PM me pls.
My past scans since 7w already no hb for both twins.
Though gynae mention the body will naturally reject and MC.
I'm already 9w+5d and no signs of MC.
I dunno if i should continue to wait.
Hi xisnique, Sr consultant at raffles women's centre estimated costs to be $2,800 after medisave. I chose not to go back for the procedure, opted for natural..

I went to the one at Bukit Batok (TCM). Be warned of long queue. But the charges r the most affordable. $28 for a week of herbal powder with consultation.
I'm still suffering from severe migraine. Just went KTPH A&E today. Jabbed with pain relief & given another 3 days of MC. Detected with abnormal ECG & heart palpitation too. It's a bad bad period for me. Sigh

I went to the one at Bukit Batok (TCM). Be warned of long queue. But the charges r the most affordable. $28 for a week of herbal powder with consultation.
I'm still suffering from severe migraine. Just went KTPH A&E today. Jabbed with pain relief & given another 3 days of MC. Detected with abnormal ECG & heart palpitation too. It's a bad bad period for me. Sigh

Hi metamorphosis8184,

Sorry to know that you are going through a rough patch now. Did the KTPH A& E prescribe you with any medicine? If yes, there has to be an hour gap at least between taking Chinese tcm medicine and Western medicine.

Rest well for now, and hope you recover soon.

Remember during this period, do not touch cold water, do not take liang food, do not blow food and drink red dates longan tea daily as you would with plain water daily.

Anyone here experience chicken pox or rashes symptoms after MC?

Hi Domokunn,

Where exactly are your rashes? I caught a cold as accidentally taken a cold shower on the night of my miscarriage, thus ending up with rashes on both sides of my buttocks which the dermatologist called bacterial folliculitus. It happened around middle of June last year. Still waiting for full recovery. It takes a long time for those rashes to completely go away, maybe 6 months to 1 year.

Hi Domokunn,

Where exactly are your rashes? I caught a cold as accidentally taken a cold shower on the night of my miscarriage, thus ending up with rashes on both sides of my buttocks which the dermatologist called bacterial folliculitus. It happened around middle of June last year. Still waiting for full recovery. It takes a long time for those rashes to completely go away, maybe 6 months to 1 year.

Hi, on the body front n back. I PM u. :)

Hi ladies, may I know how long u all rest after m/c? My boss ask mi return back to work if I can..what should I do?

Last edited:
I think this really depends on individual. It concerns physical and mental health. I wasn't prepared to go back office to face the crowd and I felt I needed to mourn and repair my body so first mc I took whole month off. 2nd mc I took 2 weeks.

There's no right/wrong. If you think you need more time, negotiate with your boss.

I think this really depends on individual. It concerns physical and mental health. I wasn't prepared to go back office to face the crowd and I felt I needed to mourn and repair my body so first mc I took whole month off. 2nd mc I took 2 weeks.

There's no right/wrong. If you think you need more time, negotiate with your boss.
Cause I choose nartual m/c by putting pill to induce.. I dun know when my mense will finish

Cause I choose nartual m/c by putting pill to induce.. I dun know when my mense will finish
My 2nd was natural mc but I can't remember how long the bleeding took. I think within a week or so. Not prolonged kind.

Anyway, get well soon.

Hi Karen_23, I also natural.. Dr only wanted to give me 3days mc, I asked for 5 so can get e whole week..

Did you tell your boss it's cos of miscarriage? My boss asked me why so long mc and once I told her she said to rest well and stopped asking me about work stuff (so far at least)...

Your physical/mental/emotional health is more impt!

Natural mc would mean no surgery required (d&c) and your body will naturally expels the sac/embryo out (not exactly blood clot) in due time. Usually doc is in best position to advice if one requires d&c or let you opt for natural. Both have its pros and cons. And it's necessary to have a post visit either method to ensure the womb is cleared.

Hi Karen_23, I also natural.. Dr only wanted to give me 3days mc, I asked for 5 so can get e whole week..

Did you tell your boss it's cos of miscarriage? My boss asked me why so long mc and once I told her she said to rest well and stopped asking me about work stuff (so far at least)...

Your physical/mental/emotional health is more impt!
I told her once dr told mi I mostly miscarriage and it was 4 jan and I induce the pill on 12jan..just today ask mi go back early if can... dr wan to give me 1 week but I request 2 weeks as need to do small confinment...

I told her once dr told mi I mostly miscarriage and it was 4 jan and I induce the pill on 12jan..just today ask mi go back early if can... dr wan to give me 1 week but I request 2 weeks as need to do small confinment...

Means your time off just started?! Uhh change job? Haha... Dr issue u 2 weeks off, part of sick leave entitlement.. if you don't feel ready to go back before the 2 weeks is up, dont bah...

Hi ladies, may I know how long u all rest after m/c? My boss ask mi return back to work if I can..what should I do?

I think you got to listen to your body. If you feel you need more time to rest, i think it is reasonable to rest more. For me, my m/c happened on sat and I went back to work on Mon. I thought I was fine and all. But ytd I started feeling very fatigued. My job requires me to walk and be on my feet alot too. Today I am very tired and dizzy. I started bleeding a lot again. With my laptop switched on and placed on my table, I very much want to work. But i feel really weak. I didn't eat much either. I don't know if I will regret in future for not resting more. Perhaps if my job is flexible and does not require my daily presence, i would have rest more. So do consider. You know your body best. :)

Anyone here has chicken pox shortly after MC? Am having mini confinement food which is suppose to be heaty but my mum(don't know I have MC) will be cooking 'liang' for me, don't know how to go abt now.

Anyone here has chicken pox shortly after MC? Am having mini confinement food which is suppose to be heaty but my mum(don't know I have MC) will be cooking 'liang' for me, don't know how to go abt now.

@Domokunn during this time cannot take any liang food at all.
Suggest you tell her is better.
But if really no choice then you see how u can avoid lor.
What's the liang item she cooking?

Hi @Karen_23 when you induce, did you ask your gynae for longer mc?
Some clinics offer "hospitalization leave" instead of regular mc.
It should be possible if your gynae do encourage more rest and willing to offer the hospitalization leave.
I asked before so maybe you wanna check with the gynae.

@Domokunn during this time cannot take any liang food at all.
Suggest you tell her is better.
But if really no choice then you see how u can avoid lor.
What's the liang item she cooking?
Most likely shd be Liang cha, liquid items. But is it advisable to take confinement food while having chicken pox? Cause is heaty

Hi @Karen_23 when you induce, did you ask your gynae for longer mc?
Some clinics offer "hospitalization leave" instead of regular mc.
It should be possible if your gynae do encourage more rest and willing to offer the hospitalization leave.
I asked before so maybe you wanna check with the gynae.
Kkh gif mi hospitlization leave for 2 weeks..

Most likely shd be Liang cha, liquid items. But is it advisable to take confinement food while having chicken pox? Cause is heaty

wah..! this one is tricky.
I have no idea totally.
I think you maybe wanna check with those confinement nanny if you know any or see if any other ladies here can help.

You sure it's chicken pox?
Still... pls avoid the liang cha stuff.
or you wanna consult TCM sinseh?

Hi Xinsnique

I just completed my D&C on 2nd Nov. Did mine with Dr Ben Tham at Thomson Medical, total bill was about 2.3k. I paid about 900$ cash, $1400 claimed through medisave.

I was 7wks when Dr told me no heartbeat but I couldn't make myself remove the baby. Dr Ben just told me to do it when I'm ready, so I had my op when i was 9wks.

I hope you're coping fine with the loss, we'll get better slowly but surely :)

Hi Xinsnique

I just completed my D&C on 2nd Nov. Did mine with Dr Ben Tham at Thomson Medical, total bill was about 2.3k. I paid about 900$ cash, $1400 claimed through medisave.

I was 7wks when Dr told me no heartbeat but I couldn't make myself remove the baby. Dr Ben just told me to do it when I'm ready, so I had my op when i was 9wks.

I hope you're coping fine with the loss, we'll get better slowly but surely :)

Hi @Cressymama
I tried calling Dr Ben Tham and the clinic nurse told me he is quite full so cannot schedule me.
He doesn't wanna take in for 2nd opinion too and will refer me to others if I dun mind.

A friend's friend recommended me to Dr CH Koh.
I may just do my D&C there probably.

Hi @Cressymama
I tried calling Dr Ben Tham and the clinic nurse told me he is quite full so cannot schedule me.
He doesn't wanna take in for 2nd opinion too and will refer me to others if I dun mind.

A friend's friend recommended me to Dr CH Koh.
I may just do my D&C there probably.

You want to try Prof Han, I had my D&C with him at KKH last year. I think I paid 1k.
He gave me 2 weeks HL so I can do mini confinement after that. You can request for longer HL. They usually give a week or so.
Please take good care and do a good confinement. I feel confinement very important.

Back to work after 10 days .. feel so tired. I think this is the down side of being away from office for a period of time.

How is everyone today? Hope you all are ok.

I only do confinement for 10 days since I find it a hassle to order confinement food to office to eat. Is that ok? Should I continue to drink red date tea for another 4 days?

Back to work after 10 days .. feel so tired. I think this is the down side of being away from office for a period of time.

How is everyone today? Hope you all are ok.

I only do confinement for 10 days since I find it a hassle to order confinement food to office to eat. Is that ok? Should I continue to drink red date tea for another 4 days?

I took 2 weeks HL and no pay leave after that. Was thinking of doing 2 weeks mini confinement but my mum insist 1 mth. However, 3rd week i got escape abit and even eat some food from outside like herbal soup.

For 1 mth i drank LRD everyday, sometimes drink EU Yan San American ginseng sachet drink, sometimes took chicken essence. But diet wise i avoid most food and stick to confinement food.

Day 10 after my MC. Been using my ovulation strips the past few days to check when is my ovulation. After the MC, my cycle in a mess. Couldn't predict when is my next menses or ovulation. Hubby just bought CB Fertility Monitor for me & bringing me to TW for a short break end Jan. Hope I could really relax & TTC soon.

Hi ladies wanna check cause My MC is on Monday and I started to bleed like menses yesterday. Is it consider as menses or the body is clearing the blood?

You want to try Prof Han, I had my D&C with him at KKH last year. I think I paid 1k.
He gave me 2 weeks HL so I can do mini confinement after that. You can request for longer HL. They usually give a week or so.
Please take good care and do a good confinement. I feel confinement very important.

Thanks Dear, I had my D&C done yesterday already.
Now resting at home.

Xisnique not yet as my bleeding had not stop yet

Karen_23, u better call up the gynae and do a scan (again if u done so) to see if ur mc is cleared.
cos I rmbr u had twins too.
I knew naturally mc bleeding can go on for weeks but unsure abt the abnormal pain you referring to.

The gynae that gave me 2nd opinion asked me to do D&C cos he mentioned that with the twins, it will be "messier", with more bleeding and pain.
His concern to me is worried I couldn't take it and end up at A&E.
So I did D&C cos he assured I will have less issues than naturally mc.
I drank the Shen Hua Tang and my bleeding is cleared the next day.
*cross fingers*

Hope you have speedy recovery.

Back