Support group - Miscarriages

It's certainly agonizing going through MCs. Time will heal and give yourself sometime to mourn till you're ready to try again.

First MC I took full month confinement. 2nd MC two weeks. My company is understanding so that helps. I personally think confinement is super important after an MC/labour. Your body is at its weakest at this point and it's like a dry sponge that absorbs all the good nutrients from the confinement. It also repairs and prepares your body for your next pregnancy. Take care.

The pain has started! I just gave in and took painkillers. I hope this passes quickly. I'll try to go get mc tmr. this is 1st for me, shall follow u & get some red dates longan to drink later

Debz89, I also went to see TCM yesterday and was given 1 week of powder to drink plus told to drink 十全大补汤 on alternate days after I finish the powder. My condition is too liang so need to 进补. The TCM recommended by TTC grp. It's very affordable, powder plus consultation only $28. But the queue is v long.
KKH dr prescribed me with metronidazole antibiotic for 1 week to prevent infection. I'm taking TCM meds & western meds (1hr gap).

May I know how u all do small confinement when my/c..u all rest for how long?
I was only given 3days MC. But I took another few days to rest. Roughly 1 week to rest at home. My work doesn't allow me to take such long breaks. Sigh.
I stayed at home to rest & drink red date longan daily (it's v heaty thou & might result in URTI). If going by confinement standard, cannot let wind blow directly on ur body, no cold drinks, no cold shower.

Debz89, I also went to see TCM yesterday and was given 1 week of powder to drink plus told to drink 十全大补汤 on alternate days after I finish the powder. My condition is too liang so need to 进补. The TCM recommended by TTC grp. It's very affordable, powder plus consultation only $28. But the queue is v long.
KKH dr prescribed me with metronidazole antibiotic for 1 week to prevent infection. I'm taking TCM meds & western meds (1hr gap).

Thanks for your advice and all the info, really appreciate it! I did a search, is it Dr Chan, Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall or a TCM at North Bridge Road? Quite a few tcm's recommended there.

May I know how u all do small confinement when my/c..u all rest for how long?

i just started cooking my pork trotters vinegar.
bought dried longan n red dates too.
I took 1 month unpaid leave to rest for myself, not sure how long the rest does.

U can buy the Shen Hua Tang the other ladies recommended.
i bought 2 packs already to standby.

i just started cooking my pork trotters vinegar.
bought dried longan n red dates too.
I took 1 month unpaid leave to rest for myself, not sure how long the rest does.

U can buy the Shen Hua Tang the other ladies recommended.
i bought 2 packs already to standby.

Hi Xisnique,

I thought pork trotters vinegar is only for after giving birth. Can also be used for confinement?

I did confinement for 2 weeks in mid-June last year, but the tcm I saw at that time said that due to my weak body constitution, must drink the red dates longan tea for 3 weeks.

Did you ask the gynae why he suggest natural MC? Maybe he has a reason to suggest that. I think when natural MC happens, both sacs should come out. My gynae gave me the option to wait for it to happen naturally but she offer to prescribe medication to help the body expel out the sac since my body didn't recognise that fetus was gone. I chose d&c in the end because I don't want to wait.

@blackcanary I had done lazer procedure before to my cervix.
Gynae mentioned the body will naturally MC as 1 is blighted ovum and the other stopped developing (on measure 5-6w)
She did gave me 2 options - D&C and Natural MC, but choice is mine.
I chose to naturally MC as I'm concerned if I will have scarring or any other issues from D&C.

@blackcanary I had done lazer procedure before to my cervix.
Gynae mentioned the body will naturally MC as 1 is blighted ovum and the other stopped developing (on measure 5-6w)
She did gave me 2 options - D&C and Natural MC, but choice is mine.
I chose to naturally MC as I'm concerned if I will have scarring or any other issues from D&C.

I see. Personally natural m/c is better than d and c, don't have scarring of the tissue in the uterus area.

Hi Xisnique,

I thought pork trotters vinegar is only for after giving birth. Can also be used for confinement?

I did confinement for 2 weeks in mid-June last year, but the tcm I saw at that time said that due to my weak body constitution, must drink the red dates longan tea for 3 weeks.

My understanding is it's still confinement food.
Since I already knew hw to cook it, may as well do it before hand.
My mum says it's ok and suppse to eat the same type.
Both giving birth and MC also have to eat confinement food = same stuff.
Ginger + Sesame oil fried with everything.
there's some food cannot eat also.
MC more shiong for body than give birth.
not sure true or not, but we are suppose to nurse our health back as fast as possible.

not sure true or not, but we are suppose to nurse our health back as fast as possible.

Okay. So you better do as your mum said.

Do recuperate well, and hope you will have the rainbow baby in your arms soon.

I just miscarried today. 5th week. Had cramping followed by fresh blood bleeding and clotting. Feeling very down and I just want to rest. But alot of work waiting for me to complete. Feeling alittle helpless.

I just miscarried today. 5th week. Had cramping followed by fresh blood bleeding and clotting. Feeling very down and I just want to rest. But alot of work waiting for me to complete. Feeling alittle helpless.

Hi rainbow234,

Sorry to know that you miscarried.

In your case, did your gynae not give you any MC, as you should not be working for 2 weeks at least, as you need this time period to do a mini-confinement to bu your body back.

Also, do not take liang food, no blowing of fans and do not take cold shower for now.

Do remember to drink red dates longan tea for at least 2 weeks.

Recuperate well and try again when your body is ready.

Hi rainbow234,

Sorry to know that you miscarried.

In your case, did your gynae not give you any MC, as you should not be working for 2 weeks at least, as you need this time period to do a mini-confinement to bu your body back.

Also, do not take liang food, no blowing of fans and do not take cold shower for now.

Do remember to drink red dates longan tea for at least 2 weeks.

Recuperate well and try again when your body is ready.

I wasn't given any MC. Just came back frm KKH clinic. Did bhcg test and was asked to retake one on Mon. For my job, it is difficult to get 2 week rest frm work. Most likely, I will start work on Mon again. Hoping I would have felt better by then.

Is it okay not to take the confinement food? Both hubby and I have no idea how to prepare those. I will just rest in bed as much as I can this weekend. I am still having the cramps. How long shld i be having this cramps? But the sac is gone, so i probably have passed it out.

I wasn't given any MC. Just came back frm KKH clinic. Did bhcg test and was asked to retake one on Mon. For my job, it is difficult to get 2 week rest frm work. Most likely, I will start work on Mon again. Hoping I would have felt better by then.

Is it okay not to take the confinement food? Both hubby and I have no idea how to prepare those. I will just rest in bed as much as I can this weekend. I am still having the cramps. How long shld i be having this cramps? But the sac is gone, so i probably have passed it out.

Oh, then that is really tough. For me, it took me a whole week before I am back to my normal self again. Possible that you still have the cramps, for another few days, I would say.

Hugz rainbow234. I'm from Sep 2016, one of the earliest to miscarriage. Get a few days MC from the doctor & rest at home. Must pu yourselves during this period. I just get over this stage, although still have bleeding but not as much as early week. Body v weak & I look v pale too. Put aside ur work, explain to ur boss/colleague. Most will understand as we need time to grieve & recover physically.

Btw, I went to KKH clinic also. Only after the 2nd bHCG test that confirm the miscarriage then I was given 3 days MC. Likely u'll be given 3 days MC on Monday too. I took another 2 days leave to rest for a week.

Get red date longan drinks & jiayou!

Agree with metamorphosis8184 that it is important to let your body recuperate from miscarriage, as it is more shang your body than delivering a baby.

If you do not do your mini-confinement properly, bound to get health problems later on.

Rainbow1234, I miscarried ytd too... Feel the same and also have lots of work deadlines.. but health is more impt! I'm going to try my best to get e Dr to give me a couple of days mc. Rest heart, mind and body

I just check. I am given MC on Monday and early morning appointment on Tues for 2nd blood test. I agree that health is really more important and my hubby also wants me to rest. Honestly, i doubt i am in gd shape emotionally to work too. My superiors are mainly males, unsure if they could empathise with me. Hais.

Wake up this morning tearing again. Just deleted pregnancy apps on my phone which reminds me of my daily progress. How r u girls coping?

I deleted those apps too... I didn't tell anyone at work so don't think I can be pretend to be happy and ok all day.. sometimes I feel ok, but sometimes *sigh*, sad, maybe it's me, what if.. but like blackcanary said, it's nothing to do with anything we did or didn't do.. just got to remind myself and hubby of that... We'll prob try agn soon

I deleted those apps too... I didn't tell anyone at work so don't think I can be pretend to be happy and ok all day.. sometimes I feel ok, but sometimes *sigh*, sad, maybe it's me, what if.. but like blackcanary said, it's nothing to do with anything we did or didn't do.. just got to remind myself and hubby of that... We'll prob try agn soon

Hugs to you too. We will walk through this and we will have our own babies soon. Let's jiayou together! Am so glad there is such a forum and a place where we can get some support from.

hugs to all.. i understand your pain just feel like sharing that within six months after mc is most fertile & i read that specifically, women who conceive within 6 months after a miscarriage are less likely to miscarry again or experience other pregnancy-related complications when compared with women who waited for longer periods of time.

hope to give some encouragement to all.. take care & yes red dates dried longan is a must drink to regain our energy, replenish blood & warmth our womb.

hugs to all.. i understand your pain just feel like sharing that within six months after mc is most fertile & i read that specifically, women who conceive within 6 months after a miscarriage are less likely to miscarry again or experience other pregnancy-related complications when compared with women who waited for longer periods of time.

hope to give some encouragement to all.. take care & yes red dates dried longan is a must drink to regain our energy, replenish blood & warmth our womb.

Thanks for this encouragement. Really needed it. I told hubby i have this great fear now of conceiving again. May we all never have to go through this loss and pain again.

I just check. I am given MC on Monday and early morning appointment on Tues for 2nd blood test. I agree that health is really more important and my hubby also wants me to rest. Honestly, i doubt i am in gd shape emotionally to work too. My superiors are mainly males, unsure if they could empathise with me. Hais.

Wake up this morning tearing again. Just deleted pregnancy apps on my phone which reminds me of my daily progress. How r u girls coping?

Rainbow234, I cried the moment I came back from KKH when Dr concluded that I miscarriage. Never thought it would happened to me as I had an easy pregnancy for my #1. Hubby was upset too as he is hoping to have a kid soon (twins he hoped). I think males are more empathetic than female bosses. If I'm still working in my prev male dominated workplace, I could easily get another week of leave. My current workplace all females. Miscarriage & pregnancy rate v high. Hence they r immune & it's hard to extend leave just like that. I went back to work today - 12hrs shift somemore. I tried not to think about it, but I still physically weak (giddy at times). Doesn't help that my work is physically demanding. Sigh

I also deleted all the pregnancy apps. See le damn heartpain.
But I'm gonna try again soon. I'm seeing Dr Loh SF tml morning.

Hi ladies,

In case you are not aware, if you have had at least 2 miscarriages, there is this recurrent miscarriage professor who will do thorough investigations for you. The name of the Professor is Mahesh Choolani. He has clinic daily in Mount E Novena the Choolani Clinic, but only in NUH clinic every Thursday which is once a week.

If you do plan to see him, please do PM (private message) me as I have set up a whatsapp chatgroup for ladies who are under this professor.

Rainbow234, I cried the moment I came back from KKH when Dr concluded that I miscarriage. Never thought it would happened to me as I had an easy pregnancy for my #1. Hubby was upset too as he is hoping to have a kid soon (twins he hoped). I think males are more empathetic than female bosses. If I'm still working in my prev male dominated workplace, I could easily get another week of leave. My current workplace all females. Miscarriage & pregnancy rate v high. Hence they r immune & it's hard to extend leave just like that. I went back to work today - 12hrs shift somemore. I tried not to think about it, but I still physically weak (giddy at times). Doesn't help that my work is physically demanding. Sigh

Do what you need to do during this period to distract yourself from the traumatic experience, if it makes you feel better.

Most important is to rest well physically and emotionally. Our rainbow baby will come to us all very soon. We got to have faith.

Both hubby & I were seeing Dr Loh since Dec 2015 for fertility issues. We fixed an appt last year to see him tml to review my HSG result, etc. Decided not to cancel & see him again. I'm still going for the follow-up (miscarriage) end of the month with KKH (AP John Tee).

Hi metamorphosis8184,

I see. That is good. Hopefully you will soon have the rainbow baby in your arms.

Wishing you all the best metamorphosis8184! I'm thinking of ttc agn soon too! *optimistic moment*

@rainbow234, maybe can consider visiting tcm to help 调 your body now, so at least you drink e herbs suitable for your body. E.g the one I went to was surprised my blood pressure is " so low" but western Dr nvr said it's a problem..

Got a huge headache but read that it's a common after effect of MC.

Hi, how is everyone doing?

It has been a few days since I last come in to this thread. I am doing ok except that sometime when my #1 asked about baby, I will be sad. My MC will end this Wednesday. Going back to work on Thursday. Office colleagues have been very supportive by helping me out on my work.

Hubby has been helping me out alot too.. he ordered confinement food for me, helped me out with #1 and housework so that I can rest well. My mum told me to be off "liang" stuff for a month.. just like doing confinement.

I went back to my gynae for review today. Gynae say I am recovering well. He took my D&C specimen to lab for testing. He told me that it is indeed a fetus and not other thing which he feared. When he told me that, I feel glad cause I was feeling bad and worried that I might have flushed my baby into the toilet bowl while I was preparing for D&C procedure. Tested on the pregnancy test kit again today at the clinic, it doesn't show positive anymore.. feel so sad seeing it.

He told me that I can continue with my folic acid and start trying again in 3 months time. I really hope to conceive soon cause I am not young anymore.

Hope everyone is recovering well.

Hi all, Dr confirmed my miscarriage after a scan just now. It was a roller coaster ride day for me n DH today, had lst scan to c n listen to heartbeat but shortly after that it become blood clot n came out. I was 6 weeks. Anyone experience similar MC before? Was having vaginal scan then shortly I had bleeding n eventually the blood clot came out.

Hi all, Dr confirmed my miscarriage after a scan just now. It was a roller coaster ride day for me n DH today, had lst scan to c n listen to heartbeat but shortly after that it become blood clot n came out. I was 6 weeks. Anyone experience similar MC before? Was having vaginal scan then shortly I had bleeding n eventually the blood clot came out.

Hi Domokunn. Big hugs to you. I also just MC last Monday at 8 weeks but fetus is only 6w5d and did a D&C. Must take good care of yourself.

You mean you hear the heartbeat and shortly miscarriage? May I know how shortly is that?

Hi Domokunn, sorry to hear about your loss. Mine was an abdominal scan at 5 weeks. The next day I miscarried. Same thing, blood clots. You mean u had the scan and the miscarriage on the same day? What did the gynae say?

Hi, how is everyone doing?

It has been a few days since I last come in to this thread. I am doing ok except that sometime when my #1 asked about baby, I will be sad. My MC will end this Wednesday. Going back to work on Thursday. Office colleagues have been very supportive by helping me out on my work.

Hubby has been helping me out alot too.. he ordered confinement food for me, helped me out with #1 and housework so that I can rest well. My mum told me to be off "liang" stuff for a month.. just like doing confinement.

I went back to my gynae for review today. Gynae say I am recovering well. He took my D&C specimen to lab for testing. He told me that it is indeed a fetus and not other thing which he feared. When he told me that, I feel glad cause I was feeling bad and worried that I might have flushed my baby into the toilet bowl while I was preparing for D&C procedure. Tested on the pregnancy test kit again today at the clinic, it doesn't show positive anymore.. feel so sad seeing it.

He told me that I can continue with my folic acid and start trying again in 3 months time. I really hope to conceive soon cause I am not young anymore.

Hope everyone is recovering well.

Hi Pann, please rest well and take care. Use the days of MC to rest and recuperate.

I didnt take any MC and went back home immediately today. Gg for a doc's followup tmr and will resume work again on Wed. I feel tired easily these days but i think i will soon become better. Feeling alittle better. Had supportive friends and most of them, hubby and I became much closer too. Just taking the time to heal and hoping to try again soon.

Hi Domokunn. Big hugs to you. I also just MC last Monday at 8 weeks but fetus is only 6w5d and did a D&C. Must take good care of yourself.

You mean you hear the heartbeat and shortly miscarriage? May I know how shortly is that?
Hi Domokunn, sorry to hear about your loss. Mine was an abdominal scan at 5 weeks. The next day I miscarried. Same thing, blood clots. You mean u had the scan and the miscarriage on the same day? What did the gynae say?

Thanks ladies. Yes, this morn had my lst scan to c n listen to heartbeat, DH was so happy even took video of the heartbeat n Dr instructed to have another rd of intralipid, so while waiting probably 1 hr after the scan I had the menses feeling n crampy so I went toilet checked and there were bleed n informed the nurse immediately, was given support jab. While otw hm, I was shivering n fainting n I end up vomiting, face was super pale. Shortly after I reach hm, there was a big chunk of blood clot came out n I immediately went to O&G n Dr did a scan n confirmed MC. Dr say my body is rejecting the embie. My previous cycles the dr also say my body rejecting the embie, can anyone advise on that?

What shd I do or eat after MC?

Thanks ladies. Yes, this morn had my lst scan to c n listen to heartbeat, DH was so happy even took video of the heartbeat n Dr instructed to have another rd of intralipid, so while waiting probably 1 hr after the scan I had the menses feeling n crampy so I went toilet checked and there were bleed n informed the nurse immediately, was given support jab. While otw hm, I was shivering n fainting n I end up vomiting, face was super pale. Shortly after I reach hm, there was a big chunk of blood clot came out n I immediately went to O&G n Dr did a scan n confirmed MC. Dr say my body is rejecting the embie. My previous cycles the dr also say my body rejecting the embie, can anyone advise on that?

Soory to heard it.. I also just confirmed miscarriage as the bb no hb.. buy 生化汤n eat food w ginger and sesame oil and longan red date drink..

Hi Domokunn,

Yes, please do as what Karen_23 said.

Also, during this period, do not take any liang food, do not blow fan and do not touch cold water. After my miscarriage in mid-June last year (2015), I took cold shower accidentally that night and eventually ended up with a cold and sore throat, and my body developed bacterial folliculitis on both sides of my buttocks. Until now, it is recovered but still can see the faded rashes in brown colour.

Sorry to know that you miscarried. Is this your 1st or 2nd miscarriage? If this is your 2nd miscarriage, I will suggest that you go to consult the recurrent miscarriages specialist Professor Choolani either in his NUH recurrent pregnancy loss clinic which is once every Thursday, or his Choolani clinic at Mount Elizabeth Novena.

Do PM me if you want the details. I will be more than glad to reply you.

Also, if you are planning to see Prof, I have set up a whatsapp support group under him. Do private message (PM) me your number and I will add you to the group accordingly.

Hi Domokunn,

After my 4th miscarriage in Jan 2014, my previous Dr Loh SF thinks that I may have immune system issues too. And suggested that I continued with intralipid therapy for my pregnancy. It eventually ended up with a blighted ovum empty sac.

I eventually went to Professor Choolani, who recommended me to see also the rheumatologist Dr Sheila. Dr Sheila said my recurrent miscarriages are immune system related, and intralipid won't work at all in my case. However, she also knows that Dr Loh is a man who believes strongly in Intralipid therapy.

Back