Support group - Miscarriages

ya, thanks. Guess what this baby also very pitiful because of a damn doctor. my water bag burst for 12 hours plus and I have been asking them if water bag burst is it mean that my baby coming out? the doc simply asked me to wait? waited for 12 hours, end up next morning then they said can't wait got to go for emergency c section, end up my baby hands and feet turn blue, due to lack of oxygen and admitted to icu!

All the best to u...how's all e test w prof?

Hi Give a hope,

Tests found out likely reasons for my repeated pregnancy losses, they are: slightly high levels of natural killer (NK) cells, genes change in mthfr, causing sticky blood; and also extremely low vitamin D levels. So professor has increased my aspirin dosage from baby to 100mg (actually should already start taking 100mg after his review on Sept 25; but my husband thinks that we are not allowed to try to conceive until see Dr Sheila on Oct 20 morning, so no point taking the higher dosage of aspirin); and 2,000 units of vitamin D daily. And have to repeat this blood test next month, on Dec 13 or 14; as I am due to see Professor for review again on Dec 18 (Sat) morning.

My menses came 3 days early; but I kind of expected it, as unlikely to strike usually during the first try, so I am not too disappointed. Will try again this cycle. Hoping to get the BFP before xmas this year.

Hi fatherwannabe,

I just checked on the Internet. It said that Monosomy X, commonly known as Turner Syndrome, is a chromosome disorder in which a girl or woman has only one complete X chromosome. Since a Y chromosome is needed for a person to be male, all babies with Turner Syndrome are girls. The majority of babies with this condition are lost to miscarriage or stillbirth.

Hope my answer helps.

Thanks for the info. So if manage to be pregnant the next time, is there also means the same problem - miscarriage due to monosomy X?

Doc just ask to try again. But am worried.

Hi fatherwannabe,

Sorry, I really do not know the answer to your question.

It is better that you check with your Doctor.

But I do not think you can try now, as your body needs to rest after miscarriage, right?

Hi Give a hope,

Tests found out likely reasons for my repeated pregnancy losses, they are: slightly high levels of natural killer (NK) cells, genes change in mthfr, causing sticky blood; and also extremely low vitamin D levels. So professor has increased my aspirin dosage from baby to 100mg (actually should already start taking 100mg after his review on Sept 25; but my husband thinks that we are not allowed to try to conceive until see Dr Sheila on Oct 20 morning, so no point taking the higher dosage of aspirin); and 2,000 units of vitamin D daily. And have to repeat this blood test next month, on Dec 13 or 14; as I am due to see Professor for review again on Dec 18 (Sat) morning.

My menses came 3 days early; but I kind of expected it, as unlikely to strike usually during the first try, so I am not too disappointed. Will try again this cycle. Hoping to get the BFP before xmas this year.
You r wrong u shld have take medi b4 that to regulate everything bk to normal mbe because of that need 2nd test to c whether this method help...I'll guai guai listen to prof...lol
Mine case nk cells n later on protein s deficiency n gdm...jiayou for ur ttc journey :)

You r wrong u shld have take medi b4 that to regulate everything bk to normal mbe because of that need 2nd test to c whether this method help...I'll guai guai listen to prof...lol
Mine case nk cells n later on protein s deficiency n gdm...jiayou for ur ttc journey :)

Hi Give a hope,

I see. I did later on on the morning that we are allowed to try to conceive again started taking 100 mg aspirin, but then coz previously 25mg; maybe that has caused my cycle to mess up. Anyway, for this cycle, all my aspirin is 100mg.

I see. You develop gestational diabetes (gdm?) during your last pregnancy?

Hope I will have good news this cycle, which can then be my best x'mas present.

Hi Give a hope,

I see. I did later on on the morning that we are allowed to try to conceive again started taking 100 mg aspirin, but then coz previously 25mg; maybe that has caused my cycle to mess up. Anyway, for this cycle, all my aspirin is 100mg.

I see. You develop gestational diabetes (gdm?) during your last pregnancy?

Hope I will have good news this cycle, which can then be my best x'mas present.
I can't rem my dosage for aspirin...
Yup GDM...
Jiayou :)

Ladies..

How long did you wait before trying again? I just went for my post D&C checkup on Monday and my gynae mentioned that contrary to what many says, I don't even have to wait for my AF to come before trying again. He told me to let nature take its course and if my body is ready, who knows, maybe next month I'll be preg again.

I'm in a dilemma now - I want to try again ASAP but worried that it will end up in not so good news again..

Ladies..

How long did you wait before trying again? I just went for my post D&C checkup on Monday and my gynae mentioned that contrary to what many says, I don't even have to wait for my AF to come before trying again. He told me to let nature take its course and if my body is ready, who knows, maybe next month I'll be preg again.

I'm in a dilemma now - I want to try again ASAP but worried that it will end up in not so good news again..

hi,
I tried after 4 months after miscarriage, then got myself pregnant again. I'm also HR pregnancy, got to go thru many tests.

Ladies..

Hi Cressymama,

Actually depends on whether your miscarriage is early stage or not. If early stage, some gynae will allow you to try for baby again after 2 months' rest.

Some more conservative ones will tell you to wait for at least 3 months.

If you are a person who believes in tcm, you can go to them to tiao your body too. If you do not have, I can recommend my one to you. Just let me know so that I can PM (private message) you.

Hi ladies,
I am a old regular in this thread, I had 4 miscarriages (both 2nd n 1st trimester) and a 3y.o son. am tested protein S deficiency and anti thrombin iii, currently in my 6th pregnancy now and still a long way to go. Please dun give up hope and try again once you are ready mentally n physically prepared for the next pregnancy (and financially of course since treatment is so expensive). Rainbow baby is at the end of the tunnel =) all will be so worth it!
Jia you!

Hi ladies,
I am a old regular in this thread, I had 4 miscarriages (both 2nd n 1st trimester) and a 3y.o son. am tested protein S deficiency and anti thrombin iii, currently in my 6th pregnancy now and still a long way to go. Please dun give up hope and try again once you are ready mentally n physically prepared for the next pregnancy (and financially of course since treatment is so expensive). Rainbow baby is at the end of the tunnel =) all will be so worth it!
Jia you!
cool! u are preggers again! congrats. now ur boy has a sibling soon. how exciting so happy for u! Ill try for one next year i think lol
Congrats. Yup ladies dont give up, theres a rainbow and silver lining. Keep a positive mindset and ur turn will come soon :)

cool! u are preggers again! congrats. now ur boy has a sibling soon. how exciting so happy for u! Ill try for one next year i think lol
Congrats. Yup ladies dont give up, theres a rainbow and silver lining. Keep a positive mindset and ur turn will come soon :)
*wave* How old is your lo now?

*wave* How old is your lo now?
hey babe, she just turned 13 mths :)
very naughty i dont know how to deal with her! hahaha but im not complaining, very happy to have a naughty gal. Just hoping she will grow up to be less naughty.

Looking @vac i know i will be like her if i try another one.. needles and more needles and medication .. though all for a good cause. but very scary thoughts haha

Hi Ladies,

My mother-in-law bring me to TCM to tiao my body after MC but was given those liquid medicine to drink. Is this the way to tiao our body? Because from what I saw on forum most of u was given herbs to brew the medicine. Or does anyone have any good TMC to share?

Yes. Not all TCM herbs need brewing. I have gal friends who bfped under liquid/powder medicine (including myself). There's a thread on ttc-TCM. You might be able to get some recommendations there.

hey babe, she just turned 13 mths :)
very naughty i dont know how to deal with her! hahaha but im not complaining, very happy to have a naughty gal. Just hoping she will grow up to be less naughty.

Looking @vac i know i will be like her if i try another one.. needles and more needles and medication .. though all for a good cause. but very scary thoughts haha
wow! 13mths that's fast! My girl also naughty caught her pinching her brother sometimes lol Jiayou on your next pregnancy! You can do it again de!

i have been with prof since my 2nd pregnancy, i considered myself luck that i met him in the subsidise clinic when i was referred to as a high risk after my 22wks miscarriage. he picked up my problem but becos i ak subsidise, theres no further treatment due to miscommunication between those junior doctors. i ended with 18 wks miscarriage. so after that i upgrade myself to see him personally

i have been with prof since my 2nd pregnancy, i considered myself luck that i met him in the subsidise clinic when i was referred to as a high risk after my 22wks miscarriage. he picked up my problem but becos i ak subsidise, theres no further treatment due to miscommunication between those junior doctors. i ended with 18 wks miscarriage. so after that i upgrade myself to see him personally

Hi vac,

Which bfp did you end up with miscarriage at 18 weeks?

Hope the rest of your current pregnancy will be smooth sailing.

Hi Ladies,

My mother-in-law bring me to TCM to tiao my body after MC but was given those liquid medicine to drink. Is this the way to tiao our body? Because from what I saw on forum most of u was given herbs to brew the medicine. Or does anyone have any good TMC to share?

Hi Crystal8989,

Not all tcm medicine needs brewing. For now, I think the tcm will give you herbs to tiao your body back to good health, to make your womb stronger so you can carry your pregnancy to term next time.

My previous tcm, the first one his medicine needs brewing; and I bfp after seeing him for 6 months. The 2nd one, his tcm is in powder form. So I just need to add hot water to it, then can drink already.

1st pregnancy 22weeks
2nd pregnancy 18weeks
3rd pregnancy 22 weeks
4th pregnancy 34weeks (my 3y.o son)
5th pregnancy 7 weeks
6th pregnancy currently 10weeks

afté my 3rd pregnancy i went to the famous tongchai tcm, the physician say "i cannot help u pls go back to western meds"
during my 3rd pregnancy i cannot take tcm cos of those injections they are afraid of intractions

hugs.. dont worry, praying for a smooth and happy journey for u!
jia you!!

Hi hopeful_mom,

I think Vac's issue is more like: she is afraid to close her eyes at night, as when she does so, afraid she will lose the baby again.

So just telling her to take it easy may not be of too much a help to her.

Perhaps she would like us to tell her how to get over her phobia of sleeping at night.

Hi hopeful_mom,

I think Vac's issue is more like: she is afraid to close her eyes at night, as when she does so, afraid she will lose the baby again.

So just telling her to take it easy may not be of too much a help to her.

Perhaps she would like us to tell her how to get over her phobia of sleeping at night.
hahaha totally understand what u are trying to say. but theres not much we can do. so i just pray for her and hope she can worry less.
i have been through as much miscarriages as she did. i understand how she feels. she prob wont be able to slp until the day she sees her baby. and even after baby deliver also still worrying.

but dont worry, as the pregnancy progress she will be very tired and she will auto slp and by then when she wants to sleep maybe the baby kick her to wake her up. haha

its a stressful journey, but all we can do is to TRY and keep a positive mindset so that it brings positive energy to the baby, because they can feel us. Saying is harder than doing it. but keep trying. i was like some psycho during pregnancy, cry and laugh at the same time.

jia you vac!

Hi ladies,

My miscarriage bleeding end on 3/12. But now I start bleeding again, is it normal?
Coz frm what I know my period will only come in 4 weeks later right?
Hi Crystal,

From what I know your period is supposed to return 4-6 weeks from the day you miscarry. Is this period a full period? Because what happened to me was my period return 5 weeks later but when I thought it finished, I bled again 3 days later. Turns out there was a piece of pregnancy tissue stuck inside that didn't get cleaned out completely during the D&E and I had to go in for day surgery and scope to clear out everything. My stupid stubborn body. So just check with your doc and have a scan to make sure.

Back