Support group - Miscarriages

My natural MC happened over the weekend. Glad that you all shared the past experience so that I know what to expect. Was feeling quite calm when it happened..
Started drinking red date longan tea.

Hugs. I know how it feels. But it's also a closure where you can move on soon. Take the Sheng hua soup to help the clots to come out.

Pray that you will have a rainbow baby soon!

Hi @sreen
agree with @tryingtoconceive2014 that it would be good to do a mini confinement for 2 weeks.
i did that in the first 2 weeks of july, drinking red date longan tea and eating food cooked with dom, ginger and sesame oil, i could really feel the difference.
with the amount of dom and ginger that i was consuming, i was so surprised that i didn't feel heaty at all until almost the end of 2 weeks.
now i am doing fine, and i believe all of us here who had encountered mc will have our wishes come true soon!
good luck to all of us!

Hi mummies,
I'm new to this thread and I must say 'you all are very brave'

I had 2 miscarriages, first one lost at 8 weeks no heartbeat in Jan, and now losing second one at 4-5 weeks. I'm devastated and cried so much. I kinda lost hope and don't know how to try again.

I think so. It looks like what you describe. It is about 10cm big.

Checkup with gynae to see if its clear only in 2 weeks time.

Hi sreen,

I see. However, do see gynae earlier if you are still suffering from any unusual symptoms such as bleeding, or passing of blood clots etc.

How many weeks pregnant along were you?

Hi sreen,

I see. However, do see gynae earlier if you are still suffering from any unusual symptoms such as bleeding, or passing of blood clots etc.

How many weeks pregnant along were you?
I am about 8 weeks then.

Currently feeling ok but just very bloated. Still having slight bleeding like mensus. How long will this take?

Ladies, I had my chemical pregnancy m/c on 12th Aug, which lasted a week. Today i saw some brown spotting, which is a bit too early for AF (22 days). Has anyone experienced this before? could it be my running last evening?

Ladies, I had my chemical pregnancy m/c on 12th Aug, which lasted a week. Today i saw some brown spotting, which is a bit too early for AF (22 days). Has anyone experienced this before? could it be my running last evening?

Hi char-mee,

How long is your cycle usually? Coz for me, 1 to 2 days before my AF, I will have brown spotting too. Do you have that prior to your AF each cycle? Well, never hear that you cannot exercise after a chemical pregnancy, so cannot be sure if it is related to your running last night. Perhaps you got to monitor for the next few days, then you will know for sure.

Hi char-mee,

How long is your cycle usually? Coz for me, 1 to 2 days before my AF, I will have brown spotting too. Do you have that prior to your AF each cycle? Well, never hear that you cannot exercise after a chemical pregnancy, so cannot be sure if it is related to your running last night. Perhaps you got to monitor for the next few days, then you will know for sure.
my usual cycle 28 days. but i do get 1-2 days spotting. Anyway, since not preggy or heavy flow, I shouldn't worry too much right? just a bit haywire i suppose.

Googled around about Shen Hua tang and got various info but unable to find when should we drink this soup? Is it to drink daily for 7 days ? After lunch or empty stomach? Any advise from any of you will be greatly appreciated as it's very tiring to browse ard and still can't find info I needed.

Googled around about Shen Hua tang and got various info but unable to find when should we drink this soup? Is it to drink daily for 7 days ? After lunch or empty stomach? Any advise from any of you will be greatly appreciated as it's very tiring to browse ard and still can't find info I needed.

I heard once or twice is enough. Cannot drink too many times as may bleed/contract uterus too much. That's what I heard thou, I nvr tried it b4. I saw it selling at Fu Hua medicinal shops in malls, maybe u can ask the staff how to take it (with food or b4 meals).

Hi ladies, I had my 1st MC in July. it all happen so quickly. March I went to consult TCM to adjust and improve my womb and eggs condition. May 2015 we TTC then June tested positive using home-test-kit, then July I started spotting then heavy bleeding, my gynae gave me a booster jab and put me in hospital for 3d2n for further observation. After I got discharge about a week plus, and 2days before my gynae appt, the sac came out naturally by itself. I cried badly and thankfully my hubby was there for me and with his constant comforting and support, I managed to get over it quickly.

My gynae did not tell me what exactly happen but when I was supposed to b 8weeks and went for my 1st gynae visit, gynae scanned and told me that the size of the sac is at 4weeks. I was puzzled and my gynae gave me some medicine and ask to return after a week to see if the baby is actually growing.

After the spotting and heavy bleeding, I had a booster jab, did blood test and my HMG level is low but gynae say is normal coz the level is equivalent to a 4week sac. I also did virginal scan. The scan results show that no fetal pole is detected. At that point of time I wonder why, and now I came to realise that it was what they claimed as Chemical Pregnancy.

That fatal night, we were asleep and I got up to the bathroom, after I got back to bed, I felt a sharp pain on my right side, lower abdominal. After which I felt something came out from below, like how heavy menses felt but slightly heavier. I thought I was bleeding a lot but when I check, the sac was expel from my body naturally. I couldn't believe what I saw and refused to believe that my baby was gone. I went ahead with my gynae appointment with a heavy heart but expected to see an empty womb. Gynae gave me med to help me clear my womb and also to stop the bleeding. True enough, the bleeding stop at Day6 and quite abit of the remains were all passed out.

I did not want to go for D&C because there were some risks involved. So luckily it happened all naturally. I did a mini confinement for 2weeks. I was hoping to TTC again after the next cycle but sadly I fell sick. Because earlier timing, I went to TCM for medicine to safe-guard my baby, after I lost my baby, I went back to the TCM and he gave me stronger medicine for my womb and eggs. But my body got too heaty and thus I fell sick. No choice I can only TTC after next mth's cycle.

I did not tell any of my friends abt my pregnancy and MC, other than my bestie and my parents. I have friends who are also TTC and during a chat they would often exchange their TTC stories, when they asked about me, I couldn't bring myself to tell them about my MC because I feel no point to say it out and let them feel the sadness or negative aura. I have truly gotten over it and thus I don't want to say it out to make the situation awkward. My friends were also concerned about me TTC but words came to my mouth and I couldn't say it out. I just respond that we are still in the midist of trying and hoping to be pregnant before our BTO house is completed.

Sorry for this lengthy post. This is the first time I posted about my MC other than in the Feb 2016 Mummy FB group that I had to reluctantly leave.

Hi ladies, I had my 1st MC in July. it all happen so quickly. March I went to consult TCM to adjust and improve my womb and eggs condition. May 2015 we TTC then June tested positive using home-test-kit, then July I started spotting then heavy bleeding, my gynae gave me a booster jab and put me in hospital for 3d2n for further observation. After I got discharge about a week plus, and 2days before my gynae appt, the sac came out naturally by itself. I cried badly and thankfully my hubby was there for me and with his constant comforting and support, I managed to get over it quickly.

My gynae did not tell me what exactly happen but when I was supposed to b 8weeks and went for my 1st gynae visit, gynae scanned and told me that the size of the sac is at 4weeks. I was puzzled and my gynae gave me some medicine and ask to return after a week to see if the baby is actually growing.

After the spotting and heavy bleeding, I had a booster jab, did blood test and my HMG level is low but gynae say is normal coz the level is equivalent to a 4week sac. I also did virginal scan. The scan results show that no fetal pole is detected. At that point of time I wonder why, and now I came to realise that it was what they claimed as Chemical Pregnancy.

That fatal night, we were asleep and I got up to the bathroom, after I got back to bed, I felt a sharp pain on my right side, lower abdominal. After which I felt something came out from below, like how heavy menses felt but slightly heavier. I thought I was bleeding a lot but when I check, the sac was expel from my body naturally. I couldn't believe what I saw and refused to believe that my baby was gone. I went ahead with my gynae appointment with a heavy heart but expected to see an empty womb. Gynae gave me med to help me clear my womb and also to stop the bleeding. True enough, the bleeding stop at Day6 and quite abit of the remains were all passed out.

I did not want to go for D&C because there were some risks involved. So luckily it happened all naturally. I did a mini confinement for 2weeks. I was hoping to TTC again after the next cycle but sadly I fell sick. Because earlier timing, I went to TCM for medicine to safe-guard my baby, after I lost my baby, I went back to the TCM and he gave me stronger medicine for my womb and eggs. But my body got too heaty and thus I fell sick. No choice I can only TTC after next mth's cycle.

I did not tell any of my friends abt my pregnancy and MC, other than my bestie and my parents. I have friends who are also TTC and during a chat they would often exchange their TTC stories, when they asked about me, I couldn't bring myself to tell them about my MC because I feel no point to say it out and let them feel the sadness or negative aura. I have truly gotten over it and thus I don't want to say it out to make the situation awkward. My friends were also concerned about me TTC but words came to my mouth and I couldn't say it out. I just respond that we are still in the midist of trying and hoping to be pregnant before our BTO house is completed.

Sorry for this lengthy post. This is the first time I posted about my MC other than in the Feb 2016 Mummy FB group that I had to reluctantly leave.

Hi MrsBlueFairy,

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy to suffer a miscarriage. Do continue to see tcm to tiao yourself back to good health. Most importantly, never give up and with will power and perserverance, we will have our rainbow baby one day soon hopefully. :)

I experienced what you encountered in end of August last year (2014). I tested positive in June in the hpt, went to see gynae. Gynae. asked to go back 2 weeks later; that time he was already worried, as he could not find fetal heartbeat at all (however, he said another one of his patients also like that, baby was hiding, but the following week got heartbeat)(but when I looked carefully at the ultrasound scan, it was actually only a 4 week sac, not even 6 weeks); so when I went back to gynae. about 1 week later, the sac was 5 weeks plus but he diagnosed me with blighted ovum empty sac, and wanted me to use medicine to wash. However, my husband thinking that was the life of a human being we were talking about, so told him to let us wait some more. We waited for another 10 days, and ultrasound scan confirmed our worst fears. And waited another few more days, and the scan showed the same results. Eventually, my gynae. gave me medicine to wash. I inserted the medicine into my vagina at 8 pm then started bleeding (only moderate) at 10:30 p.m. on that fateful Monday. Then on Tue mid afternoon, I went to hair salon after inserting another pill. However, towards the end of my hairdo session, I could feel blood overflowing my pad; in fact, my whole pants was wet, and I could feel and see blood. I immediately called my husband to go to pick me up. Afraid that I would be bleeding to death, I rushed to my gynae's evening clinic in tmc. I was on the priority list, and he did a scan on me, and confirmed that everything was out; just that there was still infection, so prescribed me with antibiotics to clear it.

So what you were experiencing could either be chemical pregnancy or an empty sac.

I am sure that this is just a one-off, and your next pregnancy will hopefully be uneventful.

Anybody experienced ectopic pregnancy before?

I just underwent keyhole surgery to remove the pregnancy on my left fallopian tube. It was scary.

Hi tryingtoconcieve2014,

Thank u for your kind and comforting words. I did went back to the TCM after the miscarriage and he gave me stronger Chinese medicine but after taking for 3weeks, my body started to get too heaty and I fell sick. Went back to the TCM and requested for a slightly lighter dosage of Chinese medicine because my body cannot take it. I fell sick for 2weeks and seen different doctors before I eventually recover. I blame the haze for that.

It seems like many of these miscarriage cases are increasingly high. Recently my bestie also had a miscarriage for her #02 at 9w. During our mother's era, things like this don't happen this often. I really hope it doesn't happen again to me because it's all too much to accept. I cannot imagine myself going thru all of it every again.

I'm waiting for my 2nd cycle next mth and try to conceive again. Hopefully things will get better. ^_^

Hi, any ladies here has got a natural MC before? I am opting to go natural because I started bleeding before I could schedule for D&C or go by my gynae for the pill. However my bleeding seems to stop last night. Is this a cause for concern? (My gynae is positive that I am miscarrying because of HCG decline) Thanks.

Hi, any ladies here has got a natural MC before? I am opting to go natural because I started bleeding before I could schedule for D&C or go by my gynae for the pill. However my bleeding seems to stop last night. Is this a cause for concern? (My gynae is positive that I am miscarrying because of HCG decline) Thanks.

Hi cherrycheries,

Yes, I got natural miscarriage on June 12 this year. Mine was natural, because one day before, I suffered from vaginal bleeding, much like the start of AF; then went to the tcm to an tai, who told me that my case was not hopeful at all. I told his an tai powder herbs, and the bleeding seemed to stop until after a quick shower that night. Then the next morning, I woke up and went to pee, and the urine turned bloody. So I quickly went to my gynae. clinic. His partner Dr did a scan on me, and said that I could choose to naturally miscarry, as I was already actively bleeding at that time.

If your HCG is declining, that is not a good sign. And hopefully you will expel the embryo out soon.

Thanks.. I seem to have a gush of pinkish blood discharge on 1st day. Then 2nd day only spotting. Today is the 3rd day, also just spotting. 6 weeks+ would expect a lot of bleed? I am only meeting my gynae on Tue.

Thanks.. I seem to have a gush of pinkish blood discharge on 1st day. Then 2nd day only spotting. Today is the 3rd day, also just spotting. 6 weeks+ would expect a lot of bleed? I am only meeting my gynae on Tue.

Hi cherrycheries,

I think in your case, what have happened is that maybe your body cannot detect that the embryo is no longer growing in you, and so the yolk sac continued to grow. This happened to me during my first miscarriage in Jan 2012. I had brown blood discharge for 1 week, before went back to KK for scan and the sonographer told me that the baby died in me 1 week ago already. If so, the only way to terminate your pregnancy is through D and C.

If you are really worried, can't you see your gynae earlier than Tue next week?

Hi Ladies,

I just receive bad news that my HCG has dropped. after my scan last sat, the doc said my baby was not growing much from wk 6 to wk 7 hence the blood test trending.
Doc recommends me to for for a D&C did not even gave me the option of taking meds to flush out. Im still in a dilemma.
Any insights on this matter? I told him i need a day or 2 to think through as I thought D&C seems quite harsh but he reassured me that with the medical advancement nowadays, its very safe and not what others thought that it will be damaging to the womb.

TIA

Hi Ladies,

I just receive bad news that my HCG has dropped. after my scan last sat, the doc said my baby was not growing much from wk 6 to wk 7 hence the blood test trending.
Doc recommends me to for for a D&C did not even gave me the option of taking meds to flush out. Im still in a dilemma.
Any insights on this matter? I told him i need a day or 2 to think through as I thought D&C seems quite harsh but he reassured me that with the medical advancement nowadays, its very safe and not what others thought that it will be damaging to the womb.

TIA

So sorry to hear this.

I had a silent miscarriage 2 weeks back. Discovered it during the gynae appointment. There was no more heart beat and the gestational sac has already stop growing for 1 week plus.
I opted for D&C because that's the faster way to get my body back to health. I have a friend who also had a silent MC and she opted natural but it took very long to happen and everyday that it didn't happen, she kept thinking that maybe a miracle will happen.
I guess it depends on how ready are u, some people feel that going natural allow them to grieve while some people feel that D&C is a faster way to get over. According to my gynae, natural way may not flush out everything but bear in mind that your gynae skill is important if u opt for DC

So sorry to hear this.

I had a silent miscarriage 2 weeks back. Discovered it during the gynae appointment. There was no more heart beat and the gestational sac has already stop growing for 1 week plus.
I opted for D&C because that's the faster way to get my body back to health. I have a friend who also had a silent MC and she opted natural but it took very long to happen and everyday that it didn't happen, she kept thinking that maybe a miracle will happen.
I guess it depends on how ready are u, some people feel that going natural allow them to grieve while some people feel that D&C is a faster way to get over. According to my gynae, natural way may not flush out everything but bear in mind that your gynae skill is important if u opt for DC
Thanks babe for the info. Really helps me in my decision making.

I just back from hospital d&c . My bb is 13weeks plus and no hb found even though we just hear it on last mon but sat is gone . Will do a mini confinement

I just back from hospital d&c . My bb is 13weeks plus and no hb found even though we just hear it on last mon but sat is gone . Will do a mini confinement
SO sorry for your loss, I just scheduled mine for tomorrow. but my hubby still want me to do a final blood test today as a closure for both of us. sigh.
My eyes still swollen from the crying from yesterday after receiving the news and having to explain to my mum and sisters.

SO sorry for your loss, I just scheduled mine for tomorrow. but my hubby still want me to do a final blood test today as a closure for both of us. sigh.
My eyes still swollen from the crying from yesterday after receiving the news and having to explain to my mum and sisters.

Hi sorry to hear about your loss. I just went thru a miscarriage via medication. It's ok to cry your heart out. Rest well and recuperate. Now i understand why my gynae wants me to rest for a week away from work as emotionally it takes time to heal. The physical pain is there but not as much as emotionally. Take care!

Dear babybaby75, sorry about your loss. Take good care and don't carry heavy stuffs. When I had my D&C last June, I carried heavy stuffs after 4days, thinking I was well already. But in the end, I suffered great cramps. So I Kuai Kuai bed rest for the week end and felt better. Get well soon.

Dear babybaby75, sorry about your loss. Take good care and don't carry heavy stuffs. When I had my D&C last June, I carried heavy stuffs after 4days, thinking I was well already. But in the end, I suffered great cramps. So I Kuai Kuai bed rest for the week end and felt better. Get well soon.

Hi Shuqin, anything else to take note of after miscarriage? I'm still having some cramps.

Hi Shuqin, anything else to take note of after miscarriage? I'm still having some cramps.
Are you taking longan red date tea? After my D&C, I experience bad cramps too. But after taking lots of hot longan red date tea, I feel much better. For the first 2 weeks, I stayed home to rest as much as I could. So as to give the womb complete healing. I feel better after 4-5 days but I still stay home to rest. After 2 weeks, then I start to do brisk walking. One month later, I start to jog. I had 2 weeks of confinement food. After all the blood is cleared, I took Yu ren Shen's bai Feng wan to nourish and warm the womb. Oh, I also wear slippers at home, cos feet cannot touch cold stuffs. I will also wear socks to sleep.
Most importantly, we should NOT 'squart'.

Are you taking longan red date tea? After my D&C, I experience bad cramps too. But after taking lots of hot longan red date tea, I feel much better. For the first 2 weeks, I stayed home to rest as much as I could. So as to give the womb complete healing. I feel better after 4-5 days but I still stay home to rest. After 2 weeks, then I start to do brisk walking. One month later, I start to jog. I had 2 weeks of confinement food. After all the blood is cleared, I took Yu ren Shen's bai Feng wan to nourish and warm the womb. Oh, I also wear slippers at home, cos feet cannot touch cold stuffs. I will also wear socks to sleep.
Most importantly, we should NOT 'squart'.

Have not tried longan red date tea, where can i get it? So far only drank raspberry leaf tea. I'm currently given 1 week mc to recover at home. Hope i'm fine to resume work next week. Guilty to be away from work for so long.

Have not tried longan red date tea, where can i get it? So far only drank raspberry leaf tea. I'm currently given 1 week mc to recover at home. Hope i'm fine to resume work next week. Guilty to be away from work for so long.
Try longan red date. Just buy dry longans and dried red dates from any chinese herbal shops. Tell them it's for confinement, they will know what to pick for you. Then you just boil them or add hot water to brew it. Once the water colour turns brown, it's ready to drink. Drink this the entire 2 weeks. Will help in the cramp. Drink it while it's hot or warm is better

Pregnancy loss takes time to heal. Give yourselves time to grieve, talk to your husband, your friends if u would like. Pray if you have a religion. I still feel emotional when I think about mine.
For my 2 weeks home rest, I did a mini confinement, drank red date drink and ate some confinement food. I also made use of the time to enjoy things that I didn't do when I was pregnant like going for massage or foot reflexology or eating raw food. Take some time to self care and when you are ready, you can try again.
I heard many people manage to conceive another baby pretty fast after their MC. So take care and hope for our rainbow babies soon.

hi ladies, i'm "new" here. just did an IVF cycle, embryo transfer just 3 weeks ago . But there was a possible m/c last Friday, suddenly wave-like cramping for 3 hours, was lightly bleeding for past 4 days (not heavy AF kind). Went to the kkh 24hr, and the tissue was already in the vagina, so got it out. Now pending histology confirmation for fetal material.

1st beta last Thur was 16, but beta dropped to <0.1 just only yesterday. so it concluded the entire thing...

past few days, have being crying on and off. but can feel emotionally getting better. And shall read more to increase my knowledge, prep for next cycle.

I'm still having a tugging sensation, and light bleeding still. Now just patiently waiting for AF to arrive. I"m wondering what is a typical range of days/weeks for AF to arrive after m/c? And how long is the AF?

For recovery, I'm just sipping ginger/red date drink, but I'm not sure if it is good enough.

hi ladies, i'm "new" here. just did an IVF cycle, embryo transfer just 3 weeks ago . But there was a possible m/c last Friday, suddenly wave-like cramping for 3 hours, was lightly bleeding for past 4 days (not heavy AF kind). Went to the kkh 24hr, and the tissue was already in the vagina, so got it out. Now pending histology confirmation for fetal material.

1st beta last Thur was 16, but beta dropped to <0.1 just only yesterday. so it concluded the entire thing...

past few days, have being crying on and off. but can feel emotionally getting better. And shall read more to increase my knowledge, prep for next cycle.

I'm still having a tugging sensation, and light bleeding still. Now just patiently waiting for AF to arrive. I"m wondering what is a typical range of days/weeks for AF to arrive after m/c? And how long is the AF?

For recovery, I'm just sipping ginger/red date drink, but I'm not sure if it is good enough.
My gynae told me it will usually takes 4 to 6 week before your first AF. For recovery, I think it depends on how much you want to do. I only drink red date tea for 2 weeks and eat some ginger dish for a few days. I didn't take longer as I can feel that I'm getting heaty. U can consult a tcm if unsure.
Jiayou. Most of my friends take a few cycle of ivf before they get their sticky baby. :)

Ladies, how do you guys find the courage to try again?

I had 2 miscarriages this year. First one is natural mc in January. Second one is ectopic pregnancy last week.

I'm very scared of pregnant now and when think about it, I still cry. Hubby said don't think too much cos will cause depression, but I can't help myself.

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories and wonderful tips on recovery. Your words of encouragement also helps in my grieving process and keeps me sane. All the best to everyone. May we be blessed one day. Hang in there!

Ladies, how do you guys find the courage to try again?

I had 2 miscarriages this year. First one is natural mc in January. Second one is ectopic pregnancy last week.

I'm very scared of pregnant now and when think about it, I still cry. Hubby said don't think too much cos will cause depression, but I can't help myself.
Sorry to hear what you gone through. Did u check for reasons of recurring mc?

I guess we all needs to give each other hugs and support *hugs*

Hi char-mee, I haven't check yet but my gynae said will not diagnosed my case as recurring mc yet.

Btw how many days confinement should we do? I was thinking of 1 week nia since mine stopped growing mid week 6.

Can we sleep with fan or aircon?

Thanks

I am still sleeping with fan on but not blowing directly. Lucky the cramp went off after a while. I was also thinking of doing only 1 week mini confinement will see how it goes after sun

Those ladies who doing ivf should go to ivf support group there is a lot of advise there that can help. My first boy is thru ivf and we got it at 1st cycle. A lot of preparation to be done

Tot must rest for 3mth b4 we can get pregnant
According to my gynae, it's okay to get pregnant at 3rd month and even if you got pregnant at 2nd cycle, it is okay just that 3rd month is safer.
But I guess it also depends on your situation, my opinion is that if yours is a late MC then maybe it's better to "bu" your body back first.

Back