Support group - Miscarriages

Then you follow first. When yr gync review?

Did my review with gync. First question he ask is it still bleeding. No then he say gd. He say no need scan all is gd. But eventually he decided to scan to check the ovaries & amh. Book my next ivf fresh cycle. In the mean time try naturally with Letrozole. Jiayou ladies.

So fast u book next cycle. He always tell me to recover first then think of next cycle.

So fast u book next cycle. He always tell me to recover first then think of next cycle.
1 month after my d&c already. B4 op he also ask me recover first take 1 steps at a time. Today he say ok. Put me on Q but earliest slot for kkh ivf is sep / oct. Likely go for oct cause away for holiday during end sep.

1 month after my d&c already. B4 op he also ask me recover first take 1 steps at a time. Today he say ok. Put me on Q but earliest slot for kkh ivf is sep / oct. Likely go for oct cause away for holiday during end sep.

No leh, my last 2 mc he both also tell me to rest, Tiao body first, etc. End up I do once a year only cause of timing and the long queue.
Anyway now I hv to wait till July to see my new dr.

No leh, my last 2 mc he both also tell me to rest, Tiao body first, etc. End up I do once a year only cause of timing and the long queue.
Anyway now I hv to wait till July to see my new dr.

Wow he ask you wait so long. My first round waited 6 mths thou.
Say ok for me to try again now. So will try. Heard after mc fertile.
Hope my rainbow baby will come soon. You changing to which doc?

Wow he ask you wait so long. My first round waited 6 mths thou.
Say ok for me to try again now. So will try. Heard after mc fertile.
Hope my rainbow baby will come soon. You changing to which doc?

All the best.
He referred me to dr liu shu ling who is setting up a recurrent pregnancy loss dept. earliest appt is mid July.

Then you follow first. When yr gync review?

Did my review with gync. First question he ask is it still bleeding. No then he say gd. He say no need scan all is gd. But eventually he decided to scan to check the ovaries & amh. Book my next ivf fresh cycle. In the mean time try naturally with Letrozole. Jiayou ladies.

Not seeing Gynae already. No bleed for a week when I went to see her.. she scan and said everything ok. Then I came home take tcm med and start to spot...

Not seeing Gynae already. No bleed for a week when I went to see her.. she scan and said everything ok. Then I came home take tcm med and start to spot...

Could it be menses? Not sure how soon menses should come after d&c thou.
Just monitor and see how. When you going back see tcm then? Maybe check with her.

I will just call Gynae to check. I actually bled more than 14 days after my d&c last time. The Gynae say it's normal.

Spotting more or less cleared already. Gynae told me menses should come within 1-2 mths after procedure.
It could be old blood. I went tcm after my d&c and i had slightly more spottint after that. My spotting stopped totally 2 weeks after d&c. It has been 5 weeks since my d&c. Waiting for my menses to come. Duno when. Sigh..

It could be old blood. I went tcm after my d&c and i had slightly more spottint after that. My spotting stopped totally 2 weeks after d&c. It has been 5 weeks since my d&c. Waiting for my menses to come. Duno when. Sigh..

Spotting stopped totally since last night! Been 2 weeks since my D&C... am also waiting for menses to come. When do u intend to start trying again?

My menes came today 31 days after d&c.
Went gync check yesterday all is gd. Gync say can try again, gave me 3 cycle of letrozole while waiting for next cycle of ivf.

My menes came today 31 days after d&c.
Went gync check yesterday all is gd. Gync say can try again, gave me 3 cycle of letrozole while waiting for next cycle of ivf.
So fast ah. Seems like sth is wrong with me leh. It has been 5 weeks but my menses still not here yet. Shit.

Jiayou! But I'm worries cos dunno if try too soon will m/c easily again?
My gynae and tcm says can try after one menses cycle. There are cases of mc again when conceiving so fast. But there are also success stories. So i also duno got link anot. My colleague didnt wait for her menses to come. So she conceived again immed. Then mc again. Then conceived again immed. Now at week 9. All gd so far.

My gynae and tcm says can try after one menses cycle. There are cases of mc again when conceiving so fast. But there are also success stories. So i also duno got link anot. My colleague didnt wait for her menses to come. So she conceived again immed. Then mc again. Then conceived again immed. Now at week 9. All gd so far.

My Gynae says can try after menses return. But tcm said to wait for 1 more mth.

Yup my gynae also said can try anytime saying that if ur body is ready it will be ready..... though i also scared mc again...

Dear sisters. Need some moral support here. Tested positive last Thursday after IVF FET. It was 13dp3dt with beta 219. Before that, there was intermittent spotting a few days before, so I brought forward BT from sat to thurs and extended HL.
Just last night and today, I inserted utrogestran and saw some brown stains so I just went down to take a jab again. They can't bring forward the antenatal scan nor repeat blood test to check hcg.
Now feel torturous having to wait till next tues for scan. I have no other syntoymn except sore boob and tight abdomen which I hasn't felt any incremental differences over past few days.
Can't help feeling worried as I had blighted ovum..I can't take the bad news again.

Today there's brown discharge again since weds' last jab. Lost count on the number of support jabs taken. What a difficult waiting period and I wish it be over soon..

Dear girls, just wanted to share some info in case it might be useful to any of u.

I had my first BFP in Aug 2016 from IVF and subsequently lost it at my 9th week due to bleeding, although baby was growing well and had a good heartbeat. The bleeding triggered a spontaneous miscarriage.

I spent the next few months obsessed with the idea of getting pregnant again, and indeed I succeeded again in Feb 17 from another IVF..only to lose it at Week 5 again due to the same reason of bleeding and spontaneous miscarriage. Sad and extremely hurt from both mcs, I decided to embark on some investigative work with Dr Sheila Vasoo. My test results just returned and it turns out that I have Sticky blood syndrome, and a mutation of the MTHFR gene. Both of these conditions require me to take oral blood thinners, and also administer daily injections during my next IVF.

Just wanted to share that if you're still hesitating, it might be impt that some investigative works be done to find out what is the cause of yr mc. A lot of gynaes tell us that one time is pure unluckiness, and with some luck the next pregnancy will be the one. It didn't happen for me. I wish that I had done these blood works earlier (and wouldn't have lost my rainbow baby so soon again!).

Pls understand that I'm not trying to create fear here, but if u have the means, u might want to find out the reason for yr mc early, before something like mine happens. It's painful to lose good quality blastocysts, even more painful to lose another baby that could have been in my arms.

Pls Pm me if u would like to know more abt the checks I've done. Happy to share, and want nothing more than to lend a hand, share a shoulder, and extend support to fellow sisters who are having it harder than the rest in this journey of conceiving.

Ps: I'm also happy to chat on WhatsApp with any of u who need support. I went through very dark days and wouldn't have made it without support from very generous ladies who gave me daily care and concern even tho they didn't know me personally in life. Would like to do the same for others as well. So Pm me if you'd like to chat.. Abt anything under the sun!

Jiayou, and may we hold our rainbow babies in our arms in 2018 :)

Last edited:
Dear girls, just wanted to share some info in case it might be useful to any of u.

I had my first BFP in Aug 2016 from IVF and subsequently lost it at my 9th week due to bleeding, although baby was growing well and had a good heartbeat. The bleeding triggered a spontaneous miscarriage.

I spent the next few months obsessed with the idea of getting pregnant again, and indeed I succeeded again in Feb 17 from another IVF..only to lose it at Week 5 again due to the same reason of bleeding and spontaneous miscarriage. Sad and extremely hurt from both mcs, I decided to embark on some investigative work with Dr Sheila Vasoo. My test results just returned and it turns out that I have Sticky blood syndrome, and a mutation of the MTHFR gene. Both of these conditions require me to take oral blood thinners, and also administer daily injections during my next IVF.

Just wanted to share that if you're still hesitating, it might be impt that some investigative works be done to find out what is the cause of yr mc. A lot of gynaes tell us that one time is pure unluckiness, and with some luck the next pregnancy will be the one. It didn't happen for me. I wish that I had done these blood works earlier (and wouldn't have lost my rainbow baby so soon again!).

Pls understand that I'm not trying to create fear here, but if u have the means, u might want to find out the reason for yr mc early, before something like mine happens. It's painful to lose good quality blastocysts, even more painful to lose another baby that could have been in my arms.

Pls Pm me if u would like to know more abt the checks I've done. Happy to share, and want nothing more than to lend a hand, share a shoulder, and extend support to fellow sisters who are having it harder than the rest in this journey of conceiving.

Ps: I'm also happy to chat on WhatsApp with any of u who need support. I went through very dark days and wouldn't have made it without support from very generous ladies who gave me daily care and concern even tho they didn't know me personally in life. Would like to do the same for others as well. So Pm me if you'd like to chat.. Abt anything under the sun!

Jiayou, and may we hold our rainbow babies in our arms in 2018 :)

Hugs and sorry for both losses. Do you wanna share more of your test and how much it cost? Just need to take blood test?

I had my first loss in Apr. It is my first pregnancy so my gynae is not keen in doing any test. But i kept thinking doing the test could help me get closure as well...

Hugs and sorry for both losses. Do you wanna share more of your test and how much it cost? Just need to take blood test?

I had my first loss in Apr. It is my first pregnancy so my gynae is not keen in doing any test. But i kept thinking doing the test could help me get closure as well...
Hi shiningstars

Becoz mine is recurrent Mc, she basically ordered for the full suite of tests. These were done regardless of cycle timing during my 1st consult with her and I drew 8 tubes of blood for this test :
First consultation
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGG
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGM
SLE panel
Anti-ENA panel
Anti-Nuclear AB (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping
Karyotyping
$2378

These were done from Day 2-5 of menses (for me abt 2 months later when my menses stabilised after mc). And I drew 5 tubes of blood for this:
Lymphocyte Subset
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia
$1179

BTW don't be daunted by the tubes of blood.. The quantity is v little maybe about 3ml per tube. All in all, the blood drawn is still much lesser than 1x of blood donation.

Actually she'll also need to know your thyroid indicators like TSH, T3, T4 etc to determine if the problems are thyroid-related. I don't have a thyroid problem, but she mentioned that having a lower TSH value of below 1 is better for implantation and I'm currently at 1.4. I'll be doing another TSH test nearer to my next IVF to determine if I need meds for this as well.

I encourage u to try to find out what may be the causes for yr mc, and prepare adequately for yr next pregnancy. With some info and prep work, I'm sure it will significantly improve our chances of a healthy pregnancy next round with the actualization of delivering a healthy baby at full term! Good luck :)

Hi shiningstars

Becoz mine is recurrent Mc, she basically ordered for the full suite of tests. These were done regardless of cycle timing during my 1st consult with her and I drew 8 tubes of blood for this test :
First consultation
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGG
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGM
SLE panel
Anti-ENA panel
Anti-Nuclear AB (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping
Karyotyping
$2378

These were done from Day 2-5 of menses (for me abt 2 months later when my menses stabilised after mc). And I drew 5 tubes of blood for this:
Lymphocyte Subset
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia
$1179

BTW don't be daunted by the tubes of blood.. The quantity is v little maybe about 3ml per tube. All in all, the blood drawn is still much lesser than 1x of blood donation.

Actually she'll also need to know your thyroid indicators like TSH, T3, T4 etc to determine if the problems are thyroid-related. I don't have a thyroid problem, but she mentioned that having a lower TSH value of below 1 is better for implantation and I'm currently at 1.4. I'll be doing another TSH test nearer to my next IVF to determine if I need meds for this as well.

I encourage u to try to find out what may be the causes for yr mc, and prepare adequately for yr next pregnancy. With some info and prep work, I'm sure it will significantly improve our chances of a healthy pregnancy next round with the actualization of delivering a healthy baby at full term! Good luck :)
Thanks babe for the detailed response. I really don't mind doing these tests if i can find out what went wrong. But i do not know how to go about doing it. I conceive naturally after 3 months of trying. I didnt keep track of my cycle but i am guessing it is fine as i have menses every month just not fixed 28 days cycle. Hence my gynae feels that there is no need for me to perform these tests. I cant go to recurrent clinic cos this is my first mc. Any suggestions?

Hi shiningstars

First consultation
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGG
Anti B2 Glycoprotein IGM
SLE panel
Anti-ENA panel
Anti-Nuclear AB (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping
Karyotyping
$2378

Lymphocyte Subset
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia
$1179

babe, just a tip, when u get pregnant and need to get the clexane jabs. u can take her presciption and go to NUH to buy. i recall my other friend whom i know from this forum also sees her but get meds from nuh. i think she charge like $5/10 per jab. nuh is abt $6+ a jab. Just check of the price first. coz sticky blood u need to jab for long term till delivery so if u like to save cost u could. if too much of a hassle u can just get from her. i used to see her at sub clinic 3 years ago, so my friend was jsut comparing the cost and thats how we found out.

Thanks babe for the detailed response. I really don't mind doing these tests if i can find out what went wrong. But i do not know how to go about doing it. I conceive naturally after 3 months of trying. I didnt keep track of my cycle but i am guessing it is fine as i have menses every month just not fixed 28 days cycle. Hence my gynae feels that there is no need for me to perform these tests. I cant go to recurrent clinic cos this is my first mc. Any suggestions?

Hi shiningstars, I'm not sure how keen yr gynae is, if u ask abt these tests. Just like mine, he wasn't keen to do any investigative work. And I followed his advice and went on to try another ivf. I'm not saying my gynae is wrong.. But the onus is really also on us to try to find out as much as possible abt our own body.

U can either try to ask yr gynae for these tests, or maybe just make an appt with Dr Sheila Vasoo at The Choolani clinic. There is no pre-requisite to see her. Just tell her yr condition and she'll discuss with u what tests u can do. As for yr menses, don't need to monitor if u intend to do these tests. Most of the tests are independent of menses date. Dr Vasoo will advise when u should head down for the blood tests :) wishing u luck in this journey. No matter which path u choose to undertake :)

babe, just a tip, when u get pregnant and need to get the clexane jabs. u can take her presciption and go to NUH to buy. i recall my other friend whom i know from this forum also sees her but get meds from nuh. i think she charge like $5/10 per jab. nuh is abt $6+ a jab. Just check of the price first. coz sticky blood u need to jab for long term till delivery so if u like to save cost u could. if too much of a hassle u can just get from her. i used to see her at sub clinic 3 years ago, so my friend was jsut comparing the cost and thats how we found out.

Wow hopeful mum, thanks for this precious info! I guess I didn't know that the injections have to continue all the way till delivery, but that is a happy problem for me if this happens! Thanks for sharing this tip and I'm sure it'll be useful to me!

Wow hopeful mum, thanks for this precious info! I guess I didn't know that the injections have to continue all the way till delivery, but that is a happy problem for me if this happens! Thanks for sharing this tip and I'm sure it'll be useful to me!

Yes they take constant blood test to check. In my last tri I have to jab twice a day. Meaning cost up and pain up also but like u say all is worth it. Maybe u are luckier u may not have to jab throughout. Because last tri my blood got even thicker meaning blood flow to placenta is really weak so have to thin it further. Very scary actually to have sticky blood. There are many very serious worse case scenario so we really need to be monitored under good hands of our trusted Drs.

Hi, Felicia here, just to share. I miscarriage twice as well before receiving my rainbow baby. I did extensive blood tests, checks with Prof Mahesh at NUH. We didn't arrive at the actual root cause however we came to a collective conclusion that it may be a few factors that contribute to my miscarriages. So the checks may or may not get you the actual root cause but it may probably give you an idea what might it be. So on 1 hand, don't be too upset if you didn't find out the reason why you miscarriage, however do know that you might be 1 step closer to your rainbow baby as well...

Hi, Felicia here, just to share. I miscarriage twice as well before receiving my rainbow baby. I did extensive blood tests, checks with Prof Mahesh at NUH. We didn't arrive at the actual root cause however we came to a collective conclusion that it may be a few factors that contribute to my miscarriages. So the checks may or may not get you the actual root cause but it may probably give you an idea what might it be. So on 1 hand, don't be too upset if you didn't find out the reason why you miscarriage, however do know that you might be 1 step closer to your rainbow baby as well...
yes i agree. all my test results came back negative and my hubby soldiers were in the best condition. we even checked him to make sure its not his prob that caused miscarriages. anyhow, i only found out i have sticky blood when i was preggie with my gal 3 years ago. i only have sticky blood when pregnant. when im not pregnant my levels are absolutely normal.

Today there's brown discharge again since weds' last jab. Lost count on the number of support jabs taken. What a difficult waiting period and I wish it be over soon..

Hi kk82, I'm also having brown spotting on and off and occasionally sudden gush of brown watery discharge. I've been put on daily oral duphaston and twice weekly proluton injection ever since I'm pregnant (am 14 weeks now) so there's nothing else that the gynae can do except to hope for the best.. This ttc journey has been a roller coaster ride for me, having gone through 2 losses at 9 weeks and 24 weeks i find it really hard to feel positive about this pregnancy.

Hi shiningstars, I'm not sure how keen yr gynae is, if u ask abt these tests. Just like mine, he wasn't keen to do any investigative work. And I followed his advice and went on to try another ivf. I'm not saying my gynae is wrong.. But the onus is really also on us to try to find out as much as possible abt our own body.

U can either try to ask yr gynae for these tests, or maybe just make an appt with Dr Sheila Vasoo at The Choolani clinic. There is no pre-requisite to see her. Just tell her yr condition and she'll discuss with u what tests u can do. As for yr menses, don't need to monitor if u intend to do these tests. Most of the tests are independent of menses date. Dr Vasoo will advise when u should head down for the blood tests :) wishing u luck in this journey. No matter which path u choose to undertake :)
Thanks for your response! I think i am gg to give it another go at ttc first and hopefully will have my rainbow baby! Cos like what hopeful mum and felicia says there might or might not be a conclusive result on the tests. So i guess i shall be brave and ttc again. And hopefully all will be good.

Hi kk82, I'm also having brown spotting on and off and occasionally sudden gush of brown watery discharge. I've been put on daily oral duphaston and twice weekly proluton injection ever since I'm pregnant (am 14 weeks now) so there's nothing else that the gynae can do except to hope for the best.. This ttc journey has been a roller coaster ride for me, having gone through 2 losses at 9 weeks and 24 weeks i find it really hard to feel positive about this pregnancy.
You have to stay positive! At least you have a hope now. I believe all will turn out fine!

Thanks for your response! I think i am gg to give it another go at ttc first and hopefully will have my rainbow baby! Cos like what hopeful mum and felicia says there might or might not be a conclusive result on the tests. So i guess i shall be brave and ttc again. And hopefully all will be good.

It will be good.
And it shall be, for the rest of us here too. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Just stock up my multivitamin cause iherb having additional 10% off.
Trying to nourish myself and both hubby and i gonna take multivitamin to prepare for our rainbow baby. =)

Prenatal DHA + Multivitamin (Now 10%+5% discount code HAR2151 + 5% Credits)
Recommend by my buddy. Her friend took and pregnant and continue till 3rd trim. I have taken this for 2 weeks.
Now on sales so stockup more with my buddy. Good Deal! Only $24.51 for 3 months supply.
Consist of vit a-k, folic acid, selenium, iron, calcium & many more.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-Prenatal-Multi-DHA-90-Softgels/40458?rcode=HAR2151

Mens Supplement (Now 10%+5% discount code HAR2151+ 5% Credits)
Got this for hubby cause on sales. Was considering fertile aids. Content quite similar with vit e, zinc, selenium, folic acid, Biotin, vitamin a-k, Inositol, ginseng extract & many more.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Optimum-Nutrition-Opti-Men-150-Tablets/57069?rcode=HAR2151

Back