• Fish, especially salmon, as a source of protein and Omega-3 fats
  • Lean beef as it is rich in iron, for energy
  • Low-fat dairy products as a source of calcium
  • Old ginger to warm the body
  • Polygonum (he shou wu) to prevent hair loss
  • Red dates to improve energy and calm the mind
  • Sesame oil for being rich in vitamin E, iron and calcium
  • Turmeric for its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties

Hi girls, just want to encourage all to persevere on. I know it's painful to lose your babies in mc. I, too had several mc before a successful pregnancy. It's difficult for others to understand how we feel because it's not them going through the loss after all. Do not feel bitter or upset but be happy for those who are pregnant. Sometimes, we may not know but that person may have mc before as well before a viable pg. they didn't share and hence we may not have known. Right now, just Tiao your body, nourish it and prepare your body for the next pregnancy. Good things come to those who persevere and do not give up. Baby dust to all.

Hi girls, just want to encourage all to persevere on. I know it's painful to lose your babies in mc. I, too had several mc before a successful pregnancy. It's difficult for others to understand how we feel because it's not them going through the loss after all. Do not feel bitter or upset but be happy for those who are pregnant. Sometimes, we may not know but that person may have mc before as well before a viable pg. they didn't share and hence we may not have known. Right now, just Tiao your body, nourish it and prepare your body for the next pregnancy. Good things come to those who persevere and do not give up. Baby dust to all.
Thanx babe.

Hugs. Thanks dear for sharing. I will try to get well. And hopefully in time to come, i can share gd news with u all!

is normal to feel sad..just cry it out. i first found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks..see the flickering heartbeat at 6 weeks..7 week, HB stop..D&C at 8 weeks.

i cried uncontrollably in the gynae office that he dont even know what to do with me! i blamed myself for eating cooling food (aka kimchi) the weekend. i blamed myself for not taking care of my body. actual fact is, if the baby is not healthy (unfortunately), your body will expel it out. one step at a time ladies. try again when you are ready (mentally & physically. not forcing yourself to get pregnant asap!)

jiayou..you will be able to hold your rainbow baby in your arms soon...

Hi ladies i just had my d&e yesterday. Yes i agreed its very awful feeling to know that ur precious & dream of bundle of joy is gone. Lets pray that God grant us all with a healthy pregnancy soon. Lets prepare our mind & body & recover soon. We need to rest & eat healthy food including longan red dates drink. Stay positive & stress-free.

Last edited:
Really hoping that this group are no longer active and everyone of us r graduate and there is no more mc case for every women as no one r deserve for it. Let's either rest to let body recover or c tcm to tiao. We sure can carry our rainbow baby for first time mother or rainbow baby again for second time mother. We will be bless and grant precious baby real soon. So jiayou and we will be alright. Our script of life r written by God in the heaven we may have facing some problem or obstacles before reaching final destination but do not give up we will be in final destination soon if we nv give up in trying. This is what I have learnt from my experience.

Hi ladies i just had my d&e yesterday. Yes i agreed its very awful feeling to know that ur precious & dream of bundle of joy is gone. Lets pray that God grant us all with a healthy pregnancy soon. Lets prepare our mind & body & recover soon. We need to rest & eat healthy food including longan red dates drink. Stay positive & stress-free.

Take care n rest well. My tcm ask me do mini 7 days confinement thou. Since doc gave me 2 week HL so i doing 2 weeks mini confinement. Stay positive n will get our rainbow baby soon.

I also had my d n e followed with d n c yesterday.discharged from hospital yesterday. This is my second pregnancy with same issues.my 1st n 2nd pregnancy also having hydrops baby.so sad. I really miss my angels baby. I duno if will happen the next time but I really need courage to wait for my rainbow baby to come.

I also had my d n e followed with d n c yesterday.discharged from hospital yesterday. This is my second pregnancy with same issues.my 1st n 2nd pregnancy also having hydrops baby.so sad. I really miss my angels baby. I duno if will happen the next time but I really need courage to wait for my rainbow baby to come.
Stay positive :) rest & recover soon.

Stay positive and rainbow baby will come 1 day. Did doc say why hydrops baby?

Stay positive and rainbow baby will come 1 day. Did doc say why hydrops baby?
The 1st pregnancy we did not further check as doc said might be a random problems.now the 2nd time, we did a CVS to check. Still waiting for report. I just worried the report come back to say we have genetic problem that can't be cured. While for baby doc said already in end stage n not able to make it to full term.

The 1st pregnancy we did not further check as doc said might be a random problems.now the 2nd time, we did a CVS to check. Still waiting for report. I just worried the report come back to say we have genetic problem that can't be cured. While for baby doc said already in end stage n not able to make it to full term.

Hugs hope that the report comes back okay. Rainbow will come I strongly believe in it but must have a lot of courage and patience. I had 3mc + 1 ectopic before my rainbow came. Then 2 more Mc after I had my first.

Besides doing checks on baby also can check if you other issues like sticky bloody, killer cells etc. Don't give up hope. Please rest and grieve properly.

Hugs hope that the report comes back okay. Rainbow will come I strongly believe in it but must have a lot of courage and patience. I had 3mc + 1 ectopic before my rainbow came. Then 2 more Mc after I had my first.

Besides doing checks on baby also can check if you other issues like sticky bloody, killer cells etc. Don't give up hope. Please rest and grieve properly.
Ya...Wait to see what report says n do further nessarry check up on me n husband. I m 34 already. that's makes me more worry since getting old. Need positive energy n really get a lot of courage from this forum.

Hugs hugs...I think mbe u can go do a detailed check up also? No harm go for it than try again with risk. If can find out will be good then the medical team can be there standby for u..let's jiayou k

Hi all, got a question... if first period came but is super light is it nec to see a doctor still? How long would it take for periods to be back to normal again?

Hi all, got a question... if first period came but is super light is it nec to see a doctor still? How long would it take for periods to be back to normal again?

Your period so fast come? I think it is normal to have light period leh. But i not very sure though.

hi everyone. I've not written into this thread before, although occasionally will read the posts.
yesterday, was confirmed our 4th mc under ivf with thh. of course feeling very sad, but this time we were already expecting this outcome for a month as the fetal growth was very slow.
on Saturday I will insert medication to induce mc and start a mini confinement.
I mainly want to ask for advise on what ideas we can do next as we (and I strongly suspect thh also) are at wits end. our history is as follows:
- low sperm count, not suitable for iui
- slight pcos with irregular ovulation
- ivf with thh in kkh history: 3 fresh, 2 fet. bfp 4 times - 1 ectopic, 1 blighted ovum, 1 no heartbeat, and last one with slow growth
- usually ER about 12-16 eggs but after culture to blast, usually left with only 1 - 2 blasts
- done chromosome test, immunology tests - no issues
- tcm with tsb for 2 years

hoping anyone with some suggestions, advise, could help. thanks and jiayou to everyone.

hi everyone. I've not written into this thread before, although occasionally will read the posts.
yesterday, was confirmed our 4th mc under ivf with thh. of course feeling very sad, but this time we were already expecting this outcome for a month as the fetal growth was very slow.
I mainly want to ask for advise on what ideas we can do next as we (and I strongly suspect thh also) are at wits end. our history is as follows:
- ivf with thh in kkh history: 3 fresh, 2 fet. bfp 4 times - 1 ectopic, 1 blighted ovum, 1 no heartbeat, and last one with slow growth
- usually ER about 12-16 eggs but after culture to blast, usually left with only 1 - 2 blasts

hoping anyone with some suggestions, advise, could help. thanks and jiayou to everyone.

Big hugs. Sorry i dont have any advice to give you. Having been through just one mc myself, I cant imagine your pain going through so much. Just want to give you some encouragement. Dont give up. We are all here for you. One day we will carry our rainbow babies in our arms.

Big hugs. Sorry i dont have any advice to give you. Having been through just one mc myself, I cant imagine your pain going through so much. Just want to give you some encouragement. Dont give up. We are all here for you. One day we will carry our rainbow babies in our arms.

Thank you :) we don't plan to give up. I strongly believe that one day we will all be blessed for our efforts.

Hugs. I had 2 MC myself and I can imagine the pain you are going through. I m also doing my mini confinement now. I believe one day we will have our rainbow baby coming to us.

Hi, I was having my d n e followed by d n c last week. Having light flow but until now still having light spot. Already been almost 2 weeks, is this normal? How long usually after d n c can gain back my normal period?

Hi, I was having my d n e followed by d n c last week. Having light flow but until now still having light spot. Already been almost 2 weeks, is this normal? How long usually after d n c can gain back my normal period?

Mine was light spotting for a week, stopped for a week then bled for 3 days. And repeat again after 2 weeks.
As long as it's not excessive bleeding, not severe cramping, it's still ok. And u hv a review appt soon? Dr should do a vaginal scan to check that ur lining has shed.

Mine was light spotting for a week, stopped for a week then bled for 3 days. And repeat again after 2 weeks.
As long as it's not excessive bleeding, not severe cramping, it's still ok. And u hv a review appt soon? Dr should do a vaginal scan to check that ur lining has shed.
Appointment next week, so far no heavy flow, no severe cramping. Just worried as this looks not normal to me. Thanks.

I bleed very lil after the d&c. On and off spotting. Stopped after 2 weeks. Now waiting for menses to come. I went for a review after 2 weeks. Did a tummy scan. No blood clot. Womb has also shrink. Lining is thin. My gynae says menses will prob come in a month.

I think it is hard to know when menses will come cos after that will be haywire. Prob take awhile to get back to normal?

Maybe u can call clinic to ask. Mine after d&c is heavy then light flow and eventually to spotting (total duration appx 8 days)
Nurse told me will bleed appx 7 days thou.

Dear all, I am feeling helpless now, totally useless .... there is nothing I can do but only to wait for either a chemical pregnancy or an ectopic. My beta levels are too low and can't see any sac at about 4.5 weeks. My obstetrician is not to positive about a viable pregnancy. I really have no idea what is the next thing that will happen. Really need some kind of support here as I have nobody I can talk to about :'(

Dear all, I am feeling helpless now, totally useless .... there is nothing I can do but only to wait for either a chemical pregnancy or an ectopic. My beta levels are too low and can't see any sac at about 4.5 weeks. My obstetrician is not to positive about a viable pregnancy. I really have no idea what is the next thing that will happen. Really need some kind of support here as I have nobody I can talk to about :'(

Big hugs. 4.5 weeks is too early to see anything i feel. Do you want to seek a second opinion? Everyone of us here has been through at least one mc. We all totally understand how you feel. Alot of them also went on to have successful pregnancies after that.

Having a mc on my first pregnancy was the greatest blow to me. I cried for days after days. It has been almost a month since my d&c but i still feel sad. However i have reached the acceptance phrase. Life has to go on. We have to get better emotionally and physically so we can have our rainbow babies soon. Stay strong. We are all here for you.

Hugs. What yr beta reading? Guess all you need is wait till next scan. I saw my sac on week 5.

Big hugs. 4.5 weeks is too early to see anything i feel. Do you want to seek a second opinion? Everyone of us here has been through at least one mc. We all totally understand how you feel. Alot of them also went on to have successful pregnancies after that.

Having a mc on my first pregnancy was the greatest blow to me. I cried for days after days. It has been almost a month since my d&c but i still feel sad. However i have reached the acceptance phrase. Life has to go on. We have to get better emotionally and physically so we can have our rainbow babies soon. Stay strong. We are all here for you.

Thanks shiningstars...Im not sure about getting another 2nd opinion. Maybe I should? Do you have anyone to recommend?

Hugs. What yr beta reading? Guess all you need is wait till next scan. I saw my sac on week 5.

My beta was only 55 at approx dpo18 (19 May 17) Doc said is too low and suggested that I run another test next thur. By then, it will be clear if things are not going the right way as I may already bled if it is a chem
I first suspected something is wrong when test strips doesnt get any darker as the days progressed. In fact, they kind of getting lighter and lighter (I am a POAS addict).

Its really a waiting game now....

Last edited:
Thanks shiningstars...Im not sure about getting another 2nd opinion. Maybe I should? Do you have anyone to recommend?

My beta was only 55 at approx dpo18 (19 May 17) Doc said is too low and suggested that I run another test next thur. By then, it will be clear if things are not going the right way as I may already bled if it is a chem
I first suspected something is wrong when test strips doesnt get any darker as the days progressed. In fact, they kind of getting lighter and lighter (I am a POAS addict).

You can try seek 2nd gync opinion but most gync very hard to book last min. You can search for 1 near yr place but now might be a bit early to seek 2nd gync opinion now. Try wait 1-2 weeks more for 2nd gync opinion.

55 is low. Kkh need min 250 on appx week 4 to consider pregnancy. So try to metally prepare for the worst and pray for best. Good luck babe.

Most of us cried b4 and need to accept the fact and move on if it is a mc. Jiayou babe.

You can try seek 2nd gync opinion but most gync very hard to book last min. You can search for 1 near yr place but now might be a bit early to seek 2nd gync opinion now. Try wait 1-2 weeks more for 2nd gync opinion.

55 is low. Kkh need min 250 on appx week 4 to consider pregnancy. So try to metally prepare for the worst and pray for best. Good luck babe.

Most of us cried b4 and need to accept the fact and move on if it is a mc. Jiayou babe.

I am already crying now as I typed. I wanted this bb so much but I can't force if it is not meant to be right?
As much as I think I am mentally prepared, I still harbour a tiny hope and this hope will slowly fade away as the time ticks by.
Sorry that I am so negative now. I really really have no channel to let it off. I do not want to let my hubby know that I am so affected by this.

I am already crying now as I typed. I wanted this bb so much but I can't force if it is not meant to be right?
As much as I think I am mentally prepared, I still harbour a tiny hope and this hope will slowly fade away as the time ticks by.
Sorry that I am so negative now. I really really have no channel to let it off. I do not want to let my hubby know that I am so affected by this.

Hugs. All of us wanted the bb so much too but if the baby is not healthy maybe it is better for the baby too. That's how i see it.
Yes there is still some hope so just pray. Don't worry too much, just wait for yr next doc review on coming thur.

Btw just received my bill for D & C from KKH.
Alot cheaper than estimated bill (Appx 4k).
Total cost for my d&C appx 2.6K, $500+ cash balance medisave
So they refunding me 2.4K.

I personally prefer to seem 2nd opinion cos i was pretty much in self denial. And my first gynae wasnt very good so i decided to seek 2nd opinion from another gynae and then proceed to let her do the d&c. I am seeing Dr Wendy Teo. She is very very nice and sympathic and takes very good care about the emtional aspect. I always feel better after talking to her. Fyi, i am not sure about gynae rates but she charges more exp than my first gynae so i reckon her prices might be on a higher side.

However like what daledale mentions, it is still too early to seek 2nd opinion. I first saw my gynae at 8 weeks and only saw a sac that is 6w+. I am not sure about beta level cos i only took hcg blood test so cant advise you on that.

It is normal to cry. Crying will help you release all emotions. Do get your hubbs involved. They defintely dont feel as much compared to us but they are a great strength of emotional support. Dont shut him out. Grieve tgt. It helps. Although ultimately guys recover faster than girls, but at the initial phrase their support is really important.

You are not alone in this. We all have been through it. And are still recovering as well.

Btw just received my bill for D & C from KKH.
Alot cheaper than estimated bill (Appx 4k).
Total cost for my d&C appx 2.6K, $500+ cash balance medisave
So they refunding me 2.4K.

Woah. Their estimation very off leh. My mount e novena bill is $4.3k. Sigh. Think about it also heart pain. Pay so much i only get sadness and no baby to bring home.

Anyway on your cramps. Do you want to call your gynae and ask? Perhaps your menses is coming? I did my d&c about 4 days before you. Now also feeling abit crampy. But it only lasted a short while. So i reckon it might be the usual before menses cramps? How was ur gynae follow up?

Woah. Their estimation very off leh. My mount e novena bill is $4.3k. Sigh. Think about it also heart pain. Pay so much i only get sadness and no baby to bring home.

Anyway on your cramps. Do you want to call your gynae and ask? Perhaps your menses is coming? I did my d&c about 4 days before you. Now also feeling abit crampy. But it only lasted a short while. So i reckon it might be the usual before menses cramps? How was ur gynae follow up?

Yah i also find the procedure very costly. Heartache. Luckily the final bill alot cheaper. The cramp gone off after hours so didnt call kkh. Not sure if menses coming. My followup is on 31 may thou. You went followup already?

Yah i also find the procedure very costly. Heartache. Luckily the final bill alot cheaper. The cramp gone off after hours so didnt call kkh. Not sure if menses coming. My followup is on 31 may thou. You went followup already?
Yup. My follow up is 2 weeks after d&c. Did a tummy scan. Checked that womb has shrunk. Lining is thin. No blood clot. Be prepared emotionally. I cried after the visit. It is the first time i dont see any sac or baby since i got pregnant. That sight was too much for me to handle.

Yup. My follow up is 2 weeks after d&c. Did a tummy scan. Checked that womb has shrunk. Lining is thin. No blood clot. Be prepared emotionally. I cried after the visit. It is the first time i dont see any sac or baby since i got pregnant. That sight was too much for me to handle.
Thats gd news all gd in 2 weeks. Very fast recovery. Did gync say when u can try again

Back