Support group - Miscarriages

Sarina,

I'm seeing 2 Dr as Dr Mahesh referred me to Preg loss clinic run by Dr Vasoo, rheumatologist (not sure if I got the spelling rite) & himself. This clinic is to help recurrent MC cases to have bb.

How old is your #1 now? If blood test is done sometime ago, it may not be relevant. But no harm bringing. Me too have not very obvious vein so I had very bad experience with NUH nurses when they draw blood. I hope I'm not scaring you.

I suggest you bring your hubby along & his medical report (if any) in case Dr Mahesh wants to run test on him also. Having a bb is not just woman's job. Man also plays a part.

I also saw Dr Zhong from EYS paragon b4 my last MC together with my hubby. But I still have MC. Which Dr are you seeing? Charges is not cheap. I suggest you cancel your appt 1st as TCM med may cause your blood test readings to vary. See Mahesh 1st & see what he has for you. In case he discourage you see TCM, then waste $ on the TCM med.

Athen, my #1 is coming to 3. I ever kana chased off by a nurse when i tried to donate blood coz they cant find my veins. Will they draw blood on the first appt. I donnoe wat to expect leh. I try to psycho hubby to come, hes not into this so i may hv a problem, tt another issue i hv to tackle.

I booked appt wt Xia Rong, this will b my first appt. I tink there is truth in ur suggestion. I will cancel this Fri appt n go shopping instead lol. I don tink i can afford tcm and nuh test expenses at once. Btw what is the mode of payment at nuh? I knoq some clinic only accept cold hard cash.

Sarina: thanks for being so kind. But im fine.
happy.gif
the brand is called organic nature.
happy.gif
maybe u can just buy a bottle of royal jelly for time being. Cos i think a bottle usually last for about 2months for two person.

I psycho my hubby to buy it in hongkong. He dont really like taking so much supplements, therefore he was hoping no more supplements but once i told him, if u want a healthy bb and a pretty wife, u better buy. Haha and he bought it.

His pocket was already a big hole but well, its a once in a lifetime official honeymoon trip. Its worth while
happy.gif

Hi Sarina,

Try to brain wash your hubby to go with you. Tell him you need his support & you are scare of blood test. If necessary, Dr Mahesh will order blood test during 1st appt. He did that to me & I wasn't prepared for 16 tubes!!!

I understand it is difficult to book appt with Xia Rong as she is not stationed in S'pore. My cousin who had 2 or 3 MC was under Dr Xia care b4 she gave birth last yr.

NUH & EYS Paragon accept cash, nets & credit card.

Hi Ladies,

I had been silently reading this thread after I had my miscarriage in Aug '10. Never expected that mc will happen to me coz I had a v smooth pregnancy when I had my boy 2 yrs ago.

I went thru natural mc & ate 1 wk of confinement food n red dates drink. Had normal hot showers. My gynae said can try after 1st cycle. I got my menses after 1.5 mth. So we tried again with the help of ovulation kit & we were successful!!!

I am 20 wks now. Even thou my 1st trimester scan n detailed scan are ok, I am still worrying everyday. The mc experience had left an emotional scar in me. I guess the only day I will stop worrying is when I have my baby safely in my arms.

For all who have been asking when can u try again...... Pls go ahead and try if u are ready after the 1st cycle :)

Bbpower: congrats! You will be fine. Dont worry too much! Im so wanting to try again soon ever since my mc in dec last yr but my doc told me to try again after my 3rd cycle... Im waiting for my third cycle which should be coming in 1 week time.

So glad u share with us your story. This gave me more courage to try again. Also hoping my next preggie will be a successful one.
happy.gif

TAke good care.
happy.gif

Hi Sarina,

I also visited NUH and drawed 10tubes of blood. Ask for a more senior nurse. My vein is very fine and it collapse very fast. So the nurse use a special tool , they call it "butterfly" and draw the blood from my hand instead of arm. Nearly no pain at all. So, don't worry.

Hi ladies,

good to hear that you all are progressing well.

Yo, now waitng for my follow up check up. Yeah been writing a few postings such that they are unable to be post after finished writing. Let me try post first
happy.gif

Hi Tub,

Thank you very much for your advice. yeah I have stopped taking soy for a while. Wanted to take some weight loss supplements but stop as they consist of soy. yeah have to be more careful in this area.

Any ladies whom have successes in combating endometrosis huh? Cos pregancy is definitely a good one stone kill two birds solution.

Christine, take my hat off you as the cranberry juice is sour. Tell u a joke, first Time when I drink it, I jus dwn with 1\3 cup thinking wow how come is so sour huh? Hahahaaa joke of the day.

Next week goin back to office. Seem a bit sian cos long time din go back Liao. yeah also wanted to go back office to start my life afresh. Do u gals have such feelings after being away for few weeks?

Holiday gal,

Thank you for your information. Will decide whether to see her after review by my gynae. Yeah the whole cycle start again gotto rush to her side twice a week. if for the good, I think is worth it
happy.gif

Sunbelle: my mum did the same like u do. Haha. And she ended up having her face squeezed up together.

But its pretty good. Heh. I stopped my cranberry for a week le. Had been sick so my throat cant take that sour burning feeling.

Have been awhile since I read the last post! How are you all ladies, hope you all are fine!

Sarina: Yes I agree with other ladies here, think you build back your health first before you ttc again. Me taking supplements and going to TCM to "bu" health. Sinseh said my uterus quite weak so have to make it stronger first.

I am so contradicting and confused now. My gynae told me that I can ttc after 3 cycles means after my March menses I can start ttc. But because I just started to see sinseh at TCM, the sinseh told me at 3 mths later then can try again. 3 mths later will be June!! So now I don't know which doc's advice I should heed :/ .

Anyone care to give me your opinions?

Bibi - so it seems the ave is abt 10-20 tubes *shudders*

Anyway gals i had a discussion with hubby yesterday, we finally decided not to take the NUH route first, lol i think we both chicken out on the blood tests haha. He said to go to another gyane to take the basic miscarriage test to at least put our mind at east. At the same time seek TCM help to adjust my hormone. Been crazy since my d&c, my mense like a bit only, come out only when i urine. I been having backaches for a long time tooo, feel like a 50 yr old woman body. And to take supplements like you gals suggested. Prolly give myself 3 mths then try to go for it. If it means to be, it will. If not then i will have to go to the NUH route. Wish me luck ladies. Hope im making the right decision.

Hi Tub,

I also gt preggie after my lap in 2009 but Miscarriage cos on gnrh jab. hmmhmm this is my second miscarriage so a lot of people told me I have to be more careful in my next pregnancy .

I m thinking issit bedrest for the 9 mths. I m strictly thinking over this. Mean I cannot work any more issit?

hmmhmm lots of questions on my mind. taking another course of antibiotics cos still gt some cramps.

Hey christine, welcome back !
happy.gif

Sy : I think it depends very much on what you want. My tcm just gave me the green light to cheong after my next AF ( which is only the 2nd after DnC ) but my gynae says to try only after May. I decided to wait till May. I want to make sure my health is bu till very strong (ks hehe) before trying.
happy.gif

Mommytq: Hmm...I see. I'm thinking to try after my May menses which is only 2 mths after taking the TCM med but already 5 mths after d&c. Or I wait until June...grrr so hard to decide cos I also quite kiasi...lol!

Hi ladies, I have a question here. Which one is better at detecting O --> Clearblue Fertility Monitor or Clearblue Digital Ovulation test with smiley faces?

Sarina,

Just go with what you are comfortable. I think got to sort out your hormone problem 1st. If not, when you r preg & get spotting, you won't know if it is due to unstable/unhealthy preg or just hormone problem.

I had spotting in between menses. Dr Mahesh said no need med to regulate menses. When I see my gynae, he gave me med to sort out the mess. Now I'm monitoring if I get spotting again.

Sunbelle,

I was given bed rest for 1 whole month b4 my last MC. Though suffering for me but at least I did my best to keep the bb. If unstable preg, better bedrest. Better be safe than to regret later.

Simplelife: i used clear blue ovulation test kit before. Totally dont work, eventually my own calculation of my o period is more accurate than the kit. Haha.

I wonder how we can be more accurately calculate our O, besides using ovulation test kit? Is bbt more accurate than O? I track my bbt for last month when i was ttc, i realised i O around day 15 (my cycle is around 28 to 30days). This month, I want to use Ovulation test kit and bbt.
Will it be weird to go to a gynae and scan when we will be Oing?

Simplelife: When i was ttc, my gynae did scan for me to see when i'll ovulate and whether the egg is 'ripe' enough. For certain cycles i've to go 2-3 times as my O date tends to be a few days later than mid cycle. The downside is of course the cost, each visit to the gynae means another bill.

Thanks may n Christine. Considering the cost of seeing a gynae is not cheap, I think I can only go by estimate lor. If I strike, then it is fate.

Simplelife: i think we wll know our own body best. I judge by my discharge. This month i also O on day 15 & 16. Which i guess is accurate. Cos the last time when i ttc successfully was also the calculation.

I eventually did the ang mo way. I start intercourse on day 10 onwards. Althernate days of doing it for a week. And i only try it for that one month and i really got preggie.

One point is we girls have to be high and we have to keep our hips n legs high up after intercourse.

Just have to lift your legs up and put it against the wall for 20mins. If able lift up your butt a little. Then after that u can go and shower or go toilet as usual.

Then for that one week... High chance will get preggie.

I got preggie that time but i mc in the end cos i did not take the chance to test it until 5 weeks after i got preggie when my af isnt coming.

I was taking blackmores conceive well tablets for a week or two. So, i guess my bb only manage to absorb that little.

Travel for holiday some more anyhow eat.. So it was a bad one. But i am trying this method again. Im sure now it will be a good one.

Cos im prepared! So simplelife, dont worry. If ur O period is pretty accurate, then u can just go ahead n ttc! Wish u good luck!

Im still waiting for may to come.
happy.gif
but will start trying in april!
happy.gif
babydust to all!

Athen: I hope its just hormone or unhealthy egg problem for me. I saw Xia Rong yesterday, she was nice and motherhly. She commented my womb is cold so i have to avoid liang food. She gave me medicines for 28 days, not looking forward to drinking the powder..yuck. And i was supposed to monitor my BBT...thats is something new to me leh. She said i cant use the ear thermometer I hv at home. What kind of thermometer you use for BBT ah?

I use to have spotting for 2 mths after my d&c, find out its because i hv blood clot in my womb that cannot be expelled out. Have you checked for blood clot?

Sarina: Did your gynae scan your womb for any blood clot? I had a scan 2 weeks after d&C to check on it, and was all cleared. My spotting stopped 12 days after d&c.

Simplelife: I had the scan for ovulation for a few cycles. For one of the cycles, while i ovulated, the egg did not 'ripen' enough for conception. For another cycle, no ovulation. Heard from gynae that M does not necessary mean ovulation.

Hi,

I just done my D&C yesterday. Is it normal not to have much bleeding? My bleeding stop after I came back from hospital and it's like light spotting.

Any recommendation for TCM to tiao body after miscarriage?

Thanks

Sarina: yeah, i agree with may. Your gynae should check on u 2 weeks after dnc and should know if u have any blood clot. I stop spotting a week after dnc. And a night after dnc, i did ask my gynae to check on me to see if there is any blood clot, he say no.

A week after my dnc, i went for my follow up, my gynae check using v scan n ultra sound, both shows good recovery and no blood clot.

May: when is the best time to go for the check on the eggs when we ttc. I want to have my uterus check before i want to ttc but i want the doc to help me check if my eggs are ready n good enough for ttc.

Should i go during my o period or just go after my af and he will be able to see? Im pretty puzzled over this issue.
sad.gif

Trufflepie: its perfectly normal to spot only after dnc. I stopped bleeding after i got discharge from hospital and only spotted like a few drops everyday for a week.

Do take ur antiboitics on time and remember to go back to ur gynae 2 weeks later for a check. Make sure no blood clot. Do a confinement. Its good for u and ur body.

happy.gif

Christine: Timing will depends on how well your gynae knows your ovulation. For my case, gynae had to start off randomly few days before the mid-cycle and fine tune it along the way. Say if your cycle is 30 days, gynae will probably ask to see you 12-13 days after your M. And if egg is not 'ripe' enough may ask you to go back on alternate days. Though this process is rather tedious, I find it good personally as it helps me understand my body a lot better. There were times i thought i had ovulated (based on bbt & discharge) but scan show otherwise.

Truffle: I had some bleeding on D2 and light spotting for the next 10 days.

May: wah... My gynae only seen me less than 5 times. Dont think he knows. I guess i will just visit him after my march af. See how he say about it.
happy.gif
thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Christine: maybe you can time your next gynae visit a few days before your mid-cycle, and see what he says. from the scan, if ovulate, can tell if egg is in right shape (one of my cycles shows egg is there, but shape no good and did not get 'ripe' enough for it to get any chance of conception) and estimate when it will be 'ripe' for the best days to ttc.

Hi may n Christine, which gynaes are u both seeing? I don't have a regular gynae. I am also working, so it is hard to take off to check whether I am ovulating? How much does it cost per time u see gynae n they scan for u?

May: oh.... Thats a very good idea too! Thanks! I shall start calculating my days after my af...
happy.gif

Simplelife: im seeing dr. Phua soo mear at kovan. Hmm.. His charges are pretty ok. First consultation is $56, second consultaion is $36, and third consultation onwards $28. And ultra sound to be paid only if u collected the hard copy, $26.

Pretty cheap i guess. His medi are usually $6. His tests are pretty ok also. But dont know the prices. Cos i had not done any tests with him.
happy.gif

Most of the time my gynae will do a scan for me. But of cos when i see him i was already preggie. So he did do a scan everytime i visit him.

Pretty thorough scan. Just that he dont say much if he sees no problem. Unless u ask him. If not he will just keep quiet.
happy.gif

Simplelife, i think its better to have a regular gynae. At least a fixed gynae knows ur situTion better than running to a random one each time n have to tell hem what u had gone thru before and all. Stick to the gynae who did ur dnc and te gynae who help u with ur pre natal check ups.

Christine: Your gynae charges is indeed reasonable. For me, i got to pay for each ultrascan regardless of whether hard copy is collected or not.

Simplelife: I'm seeing Dr. Eunice Chua at TMC. Her charges are on the high side though. And waiting time can be terribly long, sometimes up to 2+ hours. Can't remember 1st consultation charges, subsequent consultation charges is $75 and scan is $50. So far my medi is about another $50. Still got 7% gst charges.

Agree with Christine that it's better to stick with your gynae who did your d&c as he/she will know your body better. Unless there's pressing concern on why you want to change gynae.

Thanks may n Christine. The gynae who did my dnc is dr woody. But like may said, waiting time very long for him. I saw him also I was preggy. As for dr woody charges, his charges are similar like dr Eunice.

Simplelife: if u think dr woody is good. Then stick with him. If he is good, its fine to wait just to wait a little longer for a healthy bb. Isnt that great?

Plus seeing him isnt an every week duty. So, i guess th money spent is still worth while.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Jus wondering whether our D n C can be claimed from our insurance huh? Mine is Prushield. I recall for my first miscarriage, unable to claim. Not sure whether anyone of you has the same policy n claim before huh?
happy.gif

Yo, time flies, tmrw goin back to work
happy.gif
goin back to give lunch treats to my collegues whom send me bonquets of flowers n hampers. Goin to miss my aftern nap the most. yeah there is some resistance goin back after being away for so long. hmmhmm tmorw will also be the day where things resume normal n I will let the esposide pass n build my health to try again .
happy.gif
how do u all feel when goin back to work huh?

Oh yeah, ladies,

Check with you. Seen my gynae and he gave me some lining medicine n ask us to try after 1st Mense. Called TCM to check n the TCM doctor say not safe to try after first month. Easy to concieve but easy to miscarriage again. Jialat! Dun noe whom to listen to .sign ..how huh?

Sunbelle: although i dont work, but i really have problem facing my hubby's friends and bosses. So hard to even turn up for his gatherings or events. Cos i dont know what to say when i face them. So i had been rejecting alot of events my hub had.

He also know how i feel, so he himself back off from all gatherings or events if he can.

I did a full claim on my dnc. But of a different policy. Mine is ntuc policy. I was able to get a full claim even when i stay in private hospital. Pretty good. So, the next time i give birth also can claim. If i do confinement in the hospital, i also can get full claim.
happy.gif

I do agree with tcm. My own gynae also told me to try again after 3 cycles. My gynae is also did mention its dangerous to conceive too soon, cos our uterus wall lining is too thin. Our fetus will not be able to attach itself to the wall n thus another mc will happen.

Plus our body really isnt that strong to go thru a preggie so soon after a dnc. Dont put your bb n urself at risk. Its better that u go thru tcm to tone n build up your body.

Detox yourself with exercise. Cleanse yourself with good food. And then prepare for the ttc after 3 cycles.

Sarina,
What is BBT? I judge my ovaluation by discharge. It was quite accurate from past preg.

My spotting problem is due to hormones. My womb is clear.

Simplelife,
I'm also with Dr Woody. His charges is quite reasonable leh. I believe you did not take up his package during preg? If you take up his package, no need to pay for consultation & scan even after D&C.

Christine & May, Thanks for the reply. My spotting came 1 day after. Currently having cramps and I think should be normal ba.

Athen,
I'm with Dr Woody too but D&C not done by him. I paid for the package and visited him 3 times. For miscarriage case, is it the package will be forfeited or able to retain for next pregnancy? You mentioned you visited EYS Dr Zhong for TCM. Wondering she gave you medicine to tiao or acupuncture? As I previously before preg also went to her for acupuncture so thought of going back. But her charges quite ex. Each time cost me nearly $200.

Sunbelle: My gynae advised me to ttc again only the first cycle. She did mentioned that if conceive immediately after D&C, higher chances of mc. I'm also not working but like what Christine said, i do find it a bit difficult to tell friends and ex-colleagues about it.

Truffleapple,

I usually pay 50% of the package price which is $294.25. Once MC, package will be forfeited. For me it is worth it as Dr Woody sees me every week sometimes twice a week during 1st trimester. He did not request for the 2nd half of the package. The package covers me up to the next time I'm preg. If go back to pap smear, he charges only the pap smear cost no consultation.

Yes Dr Zhong's charges is exp. She only gave me med to tiao no acupuncture. My hubby & myself saw her after 3rd MC. But we still got 4th MC. So we'll not be seeing her again. She also did not mention what is wrong with us. Like Dr Xia told Sarina that her womb is cold. But when I ask Dr Zhong what is weak, she just say she'll give med to tiao. She did not say what is she trying to tiao. Maybe there is really nothing wrong with us.

Hi All,

Sorry for all the loss and the pain
sad.gif

Have been a silent reader for about 1.5 weeks.

Did my evac of uterus last tue. 7th week scan showed the sac but no fetus. Think it is the same issue as Sunbelle.

I am appraoching 40 yrs old. Tried to conceive for about 3 years. Underwent 2 ivf with no success and finally conceived naturally with this result. Am really down, not only with the loss of this pregnancy but the possibility of not having my own baby.

Didn't go through all the archives. Not sure if there is anyone with a success story after similar experience as mine. Need some positive examples to spur myself to go on.

One pressing question that I have on my mind is what happened? Will it happen again? However, my gynae told me, for my case, it could be a not so healthy egg or sperm. A case of bad luck. I am seeing him next week and will ask if there is a need to do any tests to pinpoint reason(s) and treat. Am really scared that it will happen again. Read that only ladies who have recurrent miscarriages did tests. So, for the first miscarriage, is it usual for gynaes not to do anything?

Appreciate any sharing. Thanks!

Dana, usually drs will treat 1st time mc as a one off event. Most will only do tests if it's a repeated mc, meaning 2nd or 3rd time... Or if u have any known immunity or thyroid problems. Hv u and hubby done karotyping? It could just be a case of bad egg or sperm so don't read too much into it. Try again. It could be ok next time round.

Athen - BBT is the body basal temperatute i tink. she gv me a chart to measure my temp everyday, so that i will noe when i will ovulate. also can tell if my body temp is normal or not. I havnt start measuring lor. so far took 2 days od the yucky medicine, i do feel a bit heaty...i forgot to as what the medicine is for. btw what does it mean by tiao?

Dana - sorry for your loss *hugsz*.. pls take care of yourself. miscarriage does more harm to your body then delivery, try to have a mini confinement, good for your body. I took a lot of chic essence after my last miscarriage. Im sure there are a lot of success stories within this forum.

Hi all,

I need some advice here. I'm in my 7wks and gynae could only find a empty sac and suggested me to do a D&C or naturally miscarriage. I would prefer to let it out naturally and I wonder how does it go? As I have no spotting or bleeding now. So I need to wait right? And if it comes out naturally, do I still need to go bk gynae and do D&C or scan? how would I know all the tissues will be out? Sorry as this is my first time, I need to know how to go abt.

Sarina,

Tiao means to build up body using TCM med.

Verre,

If no spotting or bleeding now, you'll have to wait for it to come out naturally. It could be a long wait for the body to realise the unhealthy preg. It can also be very painful depending of each individual. Complication may still occur if tissue is not purge out completely. D&C is a faster way but more stressful for the body. Whether you choose natural or D&C, depend on what your Dr advise. Either way, if not handled properly, will have complication. Seek 2nd opinion if necessary (just in case).

Verre: i think doing dnc will eventually do a one shot clearance for a mc. I agree with athen. It was a much for me to do dnc cos im on the 12th week when i started bleeding n found no heartbeat. Plus i had got high blood pressure during preggie. So, i need to be fully knock out before my surgery was carried out.

I think you should let your doc decide which is the best method for u. But i still think dnc will be a better way to get over with it fast n start all over again.

Athen,
Thanks for the reply. I've paid for full package of $500 plus so I guess also down to the drain. No choice, meet with this mishap. Until now, I am still feeling sore of losing my baby. If he/she still with me should be around 13weeks.

Verre,
I too feel that you should go for D&C as there are chances that blood clot or tissue being left in your womb and caused infection. By then, you still need to go for D&C. I have no symptoms of miscarriage and waited for a week for 2nd opinion. After my 2nd gynae confirmed again no heartbeat, I went for D&C the next day.

Back