Support group - Miscarriages

Hey Coral,

Glad to see you are getting better..Coral, GNC has a pre natal vitamin.. i taking that.. but the folic acid is only 800mcg.. u might wanna supplement it from those you get from your gynae.. but my gynae ask me to start taking only 1 month later after my m/c..

303293.gif
<font color="0000ff">Hello Gals! Good afternoon!</font>
303294.gif

Hi coral...
Ya ya... pour buckets of tears in front of the doc..
303295.gif
he sure give you more MC.. hahaha...
303296.gif

Folic acid, remember to buy those 5mg ones. I got those 300mcg (micrograms) one and gotta throw away... cos gotta pop more than 10 tablets at one go to meet 5mg le...
303297.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Coral,</font>
303302.gif

I bought folic acid from Guardian Pharmacy. It's $3.30 for 6 pkts. Each pkt 10 pills.

hi confused,
maybe that shows my body really very weak. :p

Jasmine, my gynae say the Vit A in GNC pre-natal formula is too high. So, if preggy cannot eat. Remember hor...

Chubby thanks for protecting me. Thanks elmo, I'll buy fm unity, can save sm $$.
Is it alrite to continue to eat the obimin doc gave as pre-natal multi-vit?

Hello Ladies! Sorry, I haven't been logging in often.

Guess what, I had a bad bad scare earlier in the week, I woke up, went to the loo and discovered brownish discharge. I broke into cold sweat immediately &amp; cried. Thank god, it turned out to be vaginal infection. But I was badly shaken the entire day. Then I sort of felt guilty for not having enuf faith.
embarrassed.gif

Hi Coral, glad u r feeling better and have Chubby to protect u... Hee hee ...I started TTC after my 1st AF, even tho the general advice is to rest for 3 mths loh. But the impt thing is to be relaxed &amp; not tensed when TTCing loh.
happy.gif

hi coral,
i asked the same questions on mc during my confinement.
why did the op for you? kk or glenE? are you going back to your doc two weeks later for him to examine and ensure that your womb has shrunk? if yes, then you should ask him to extend only when you see him. just tell him you still dun feel well especially emotionally, and that you and your parents feel very strongly that you should complete your confinement, otherwise they will start blaming on your uncompleted confinement if you have a second pregnancy and it turns high risk again. that was what i told my gynae and he accepted the reason.

my gynae also told me not to ttc until 3 menstrual cycles have passed. he stressed on it many times. he said it will increase the risk of miscarriage if pregnant too early. for us, we also decided to heed his advice, dun really want anything to go wrong in my next pregnancy..

think it's alrite to continue the obimin, but not sure if it is too heaty? got iron inside? must eat lots of fruits and vege to prevent constipation then!

hi coral,
I think it's not a prob cos the multi-vit doc gave should be rather mild.
If the expiry is not anytime soon, why not leave it till next time and get those off the shelf multi-vit.
I'm taking women mega from GNC, but it contains Dang gui/... if you cannot take dang gui due to fybroid, endo. then dun take.

I gave birth in kkh, my bynae only arrange to see me 4wks after that. So if I want to extend mc I gotta call him next week when mc runs out.
My obimin expire this Oct, actually I hv other multivit too, but I thought those multivit given to preggies might be more suitable for pre-natal consumption. I just want to be very careful. Like Bellybutton, I want to make sure I do everything right, cos the heartache's really really bad. So now a bit more kiasu. Hopefully I wont be too tense and stressed when I ttc.

Hi Coral,
dun worry... cos the medication is given during pregnancy, doc are usually very careful about over prescribing as you have to be more careful about the dosage during that period... if it's not a lot, would not be an issue.
If you dun feel comfortable, then drop it and take the GNC ones. I think you just get a bottle will do for this period. See how you feel after taking it. I felt that it's very suitable for me. but remember to stop taking during 2WW once you start to try TTC cos of the danggui. cos dang gui is not suitable during pregnancy.

Hello Elmo,

Are you still taking the red dates longan drink and other "bu"? I stopped from yesterday already. Cos it's getting a bit too heaty :p. What about you?

Lyn, why not cook diluted version to take. I used to take red dates drink daily in the past even when not preggie.
Me only the 9th day, but feel as if it's been a long long time. Life is just never the same now.
My apartment is situated at the ground floor near a play area and daily I see mums and maids bringing lille babies/children out to play. They all pass by my window and when I see the bbs and kids I start to think of why I didn't make it. I try to go back to normal routine, but I guess the scar can't be erase.I'm looking forward to the 1st day without tears, but I hv not achieve that yet. I must say I'm alot better tahn last week, but at times it's very diff to supress the urge to think of him and weep. But whenever I do that I make mum and hb worry. Why they can go on without weeping and I can't. They keep saying I'm making it more diff for Kaden by crying. But mummy really misses him alot. Soon I'll hv internally injury if I keep my feelings all in. It's so diff to pretend that all is well again.

Hello elmo...
I will still eating kailan, drink chicken essence and bird nest. But din boil the red dates longan already. :p Maybe will boil again during the weekend
happy.gif
. I am getting sore throat already... kekeke.. everyday count down to "freedom" from the confinement food... haha...
happy.gif

I used to love black chicken soup. But for the past two weeks, I have been drinking that everyday. Now dun like already... hehe...
happy.gif

Now I see many bumps on my face about to turn into pimples, but nothing I can do cos not suppose to drink plain water right. So ask mum to put less longan.

Hi Coral,

Yap... Life will never be the same
happy.gif
But we still have to move on
happy.gif
Now I take it as life is full of challenges. It's our determination and courage to overcome the humps and continue to move on
happy.gif

Yes the scar will remain there. Try to think positive and happy thoughts. Think of the happy times you had with your hubby and family
happy.gif
. Your hubby still loves you. He might be crying inside too, cos he's a man. You know what I mean? It will take more time for you to recover emotionally. Dun pretend. Just cry if you feel like
happy.gif
. It will help in your recovery. But try to think of things that will make you happy... Think of the happy moments
happy.gif

I do understand how you feel when you see other babies and kids. I was like that after my first m/c. My apartment has pool view and the baby pool is right below my unit. I used to just sit at the sofa and watch the children play with their parents in the pool, and also parents strolling with their babies in a stroller. Slowly, slowly, I start to think that one day it will be my turn and I just need to be more patient
happy.gif
. I start to watch with envy and happiness... cos one day it will be my turn
happy.gif
. Your turn will come too
happy.gif

Take care... Hugs...
happy.gif

Thanks Lyn.Ya, think positive thnk positive. At least we still hv loving family and hb. I gotta be stronger and more indep. Cos usually when hb around I'm ok, cos he's vy nice to me so I don think so much as he'll keep talking to me about other things. But guess I should learn to be postivie when he's not around too. Cos he can't possibly talk to me too often at work.
With good health, there's good chance of being mum again.

Hi Coral,

Not only telling yourself "think positive" these two words. Must really think positive and happy thoughts
happy.gif
. In the beginning it's not easy, but as time goes by, it will get easier and you will get happier
happy.gif

It's always easy to "hu si luan xiang" or get sad when alone. Cos last time I cried and think the most when I was alone at home... So when I was alone, I will either play the piano, or listen to some soothing music. Do you listen to classical music? Soothing music will help to calm our souls
happy.gif

Yes... We must really take care of our health now for a better future
happy.gif

Ok, I am going out already to "cheong" for the day... :p Chat with you again tomolo
happy.gif
Meanwhile, eat well, drink well
happy.gif

hi Coral, if you feel like crying... cry.... dun bottle it up... You have to recognise your feelings... but just dun dwell too long in it....
It's normal to feel sad... and you cant just pretend that nothing happen.... I also did that... I'm still sadden occasionally.... but as days passes, I get stronger and it helps..

Initially I also "blame" hubby for taking it so easy....so I ask him how come he is not sad...he told me of course he is sad... but he thinks it's God's will and we have to trust him....also bb might not be strong.. so it's something that we cannot "Qiang Qiu"..... I guess guys are stronger and dun cry as much... so we dun see their sadness...so it does not mean that they are not sad....

the memories will always be there... but as time passes, you will be let go of the burden of the memories... by then you will be able to control your emotions better and learn to accept it......
so, dun be too hard on yourself... you will be able to do it.

Hi Lyn,
maybe you have a more diluted version.....
my bleeding is much lesser yest and today... hopefully it will stop in the next few days.
happy.gif

Hi Coral,
if too heaty, make it slightly more diluted.
If pimples around chin area, then it's heatiness.. if other area... might not be heatiness leh..... I didnt have any pimples popping at all so far leh...
make sure you clean your face throughly everyday... twice at night cos those food we eat make us sweat alot and have dirt on our face more easily.... so might be dirt tat's causing the pimples...
do you wan to consider seeing a sinseh...
might be good to get some chinese sinseh to "Tiao" for you...cos they will know what your body need.

hi droppy,

luckily its only a vaginal infection, can get it treated right? i tested negative for vaginal infection so its just normal discharge that i'm having. when's your next gynae appt? i'm going to my gynae next week. but i did a scan last week at my workplace, my sac has grown bigger &amp; there's some flickers but not sure if its heartbeat or just movement. i'm having terrible ms now, nausea &amp; tired the whole day, craving for 'ban mian' &amp; hates to eat rice now.

hi Lyn,yes I will.. currently i'm taking 5mg but I'm almost finishing soon.. Dun wanna get it form my clinic doc anymore cos its not cheap..

SO thinking of getting it somewhere else.. Happened to see Elmo's post and I find that Guardian selling it is really very cheap..
303565.gif

Hamasaki,
that time I was preggy.... I told my gynae that I'm taking the 5mg folic acid... he says enuff liao... so can continue to take even after preggy...

elmo, i thought pregnant women need more mg in Folic Acid.. maybe ard 8mg a day..

did not know that 5mg is enough for the developing bb and as well to mum's health..

Saw Chinese sinseh before, basically fine, just need to bu qi.
Ya, maybe it's the dirt that's causing my face to have pimples, or bcos of the whole big bar of choco I ate that day. No craving just remember Kaden always kick me when I ate choc, so finished the whole bar that day when I missed him terribly. Guess must eat wisely...
Wow, the bleeding will last so long ah?

hamasaki, that was what I thot tooo... but gynae only prescribe 5mg.
I think cos we can obtain folic acid from the food we take and it's not a good idea to over supplement cos you will have side effects from folic acid

Coral,
I dunno whether you will be like me...cos your situation is different from mine....
plus I didnt go for D&amp;C... I opted for a medication to expel the bb out, as I didnt wan anything invasive.
So, my bleeding will last a bit longer.
But the medication wasnt such a good choice either cos I had very bad reactions to it when I took it.... but it was over on the same day.

that means your body might be stronger than me... then drink more "Dang Shen" boil with water.. It's good for "Bu Qi"...
that time I saw sinseh, he told me to "Tiao" for 3 mths....:p Very jialat hor..

hmm..our situation might be diff. Mine is like normal labour. Went thru 22hrs of labour pain before Kaden came out. Mum told me my bleeding might be same as pple who gave birth, but might be lesser. She say it usually last 4-6wks so long. I'm so sick of wearing pads, been wearing them since I was 8wks preggie cos I've been bleeding since then. I use more pads when preg, so funny.After I told mum the advice fm gals here, she now cook me chicken soup with various chinese herbs daily. Tmrw my mil cooking zhu1 jiao3 chu4 for me.
Vy anxious to ttc, but must guai guai and wait for 4mths. Well, hopefully time will pass quickly once I go back to office.
Now life seems to be so diff, I plan everything around reproduction. I'm no longer interested in my other activities. Used to be rather sporty, but heard from gynae that intense sports will jeopadise chance of conception, so stopped jogging. Not sure if I should start golfing again. Worried that it'll affect my uterus since I just "delivered". By the time my body is ready, i'm gonna ttc, so also not too good to exercise.

Lyn, you still go out to cheong during confinement? Not guai.

Hello gals

Wow! so many posting. Today i no mood to chat with u gals. (Very tired n not feeling well today)

hamasaki - GNC n Nature farm selling folic acid.

coral - the obimin n multi vitamin is gd. i take after my D&amp;C (2 weeks later when for review gynae ask me to take) i

Coral, remember dun eat "Bai Feng Wan" until all your bleeding clears...

me also leh.....me been bleeding since preggy... until now. :p

hi coral,

actually you can take a bit of plain water lah, the chinese folks also say can drink but not too much. i also took during my confinement, perhaps about 2 cups everyday? otherwise too heaty. think it depends on the constitution of each individual. some people can take bu things without feeling heaty, some cannot. for me, i can't, so i think can cut down on those things that are too heaty. even the tcm doctors say that not everyone is suitable to eat too much bu things during confinement.

you like steam fish? can ask you mother to steam the ngor fish with ginger and sesame oil.. very yummy! i ate that everyday! and chicken with black soya sauce with lots of ginger, very nice too, goes especially well with rice!

i know kkh doctors are very stingy with mcs.. or rather, they are not as generous as private doctors..did you do d&amp;c after your delivery? so funny, so your doctor din give you mc until your next appointment? you better call and ask for more then!

i also can't wait to tcc again, but my menses came only like 7 weeks after my d&amp;c.. and when it came, the flow was very light, lasted for only 1 day. i dun even know if it is considered menses. well.. i'll have to see how long it takes for my next period to come. to wait for 3 cycles seemed like eternity! but hubby and I would rather wait... just to play safe.. the last thing we want is for history to repeat itself. we won't be emotionally strong to take the blow 2 times! of course, we all know in the earlier episode, it is not anything that we did or ate that caused it to happen, but still.. we would like to be more cautious this time. my next pregnancy won't be as "innocent" as the first..

i think can go jogging lah. not that you jog matharon wat. just normal jogging (after 1 month) is good, keeps your body healthy for the next baby! i'm trying to exercise regularly now.. jogging, go gym etc. also partly to lose the excess weight which i have piled on..

coral, if you feel like crying, just go ahead. dun bottle your feelings, otherwise may get post natal depression!.. even up to today, i still tear and weep whenever i think of my baby.. i guess it is a permanent scar in us that will never go away! no matter how many kids i have next time, i'll still miss my first... and i'll tell my children of this sister whom they have never met...

Hello Ladies
happy.gif
TGIF! Finally tomorrow dun need to struggle out of bed!

Hi Missy, my next appt is next week. MY gynae said no need to treat the infection as it is not serious. There's discharge during that one toilet visit only. Think I over reacted abit. Felt rather embarressed aft that :p Me too very tired. Did yr gynae give u hormone pills? I took n wonder if it makes the ms worse?

Hi Chubby, I took 4 cycles.
happy.gif

Coral, u can remove the "seed" of the red dates, coz that part also heaty. I need to exercise too or else I'll feel lethargic, I used to jog but jogging no good for TTC so I switch to swimming, can bu qi too! My sinseh says the best way to bu qi is to do moderate exercise.

Confused, hope u r feeling better, dun overwork hor, rest if u need to.

Hamasaki, I also drink those milk powder with folic acid but dunno if the amt of folic acid is enuf or not, didn't read the contents.

hi droopy, me dun really like drinking milk.. hehehehehe.. Me drank once and the next few days, had a big blast of pimples popping out.. Scared liao..

think such tins of milk powder is not suitable for me.. too heaty...

Goodmorning Ladies. But guess most of you wont log in today.
Hi elmo, I'm not eating bai feng wan anymore. Lyn told me I had endo and fibroid so better not take, so I gave away 3dozen to cousins.
Bellybutton, I feel the same way as you, I think I'll still miss Kaden no matter how many children I hv infuture. He's the one who made hb and I learn how parents love their kids and he also made hb and I stronger and closer.
We also want to introduce him to his siblings, we keep a box of things for his siblings to know him in futre:many photos of me with my big tummy, all his scans and his photos. He's always our first child.
Guess I'll also start swimming after first month. I think such moderate exercise should be good. I got 3+kg to shed and the extra 3" at waist too. All my clothes tight tight.

Back