Support group - Miscarriages

<font color="0000ff">Hi Jess,</font>
TTC stands for 'trying to conceive'.

I've PCOS, adenomyosis &amp; endo, can conceive but think chances maybe slightly at the lower side. I had my 1st child in 2002.

Rgds,
qwer

tks tnsw &amp; qwer...

glad that u had ur first child already..dun worry too much,at least u kn that u still can conceive..

i am abit worry do i really hv to depend on western medication to re-regulate my mens?

anyone got any advise on this?

<font color="aa00aa">Jess,</font>
I'm also on medication to regulate my menses. But mine is chinese medicine. If I stopped taking for a few mths, my menses will be irregular again.

hi Yasmin,
it's heart-breaking to have to be in such a situation. just stand by your sis and give her the emotional support she needs.
Please tell her to be strong and "Teng" herself....cos she needs to love herself at this very moment.

hi yasmin,

i feel so sorry for your poor sister!!!! and so angry and disgusted with her MIL and family! how can they be so mean to her, blame her for all the things that were never her fault, and side with the son blindly even when he is obviously in the wrong? does the MIL know that her son is having an affair?

i think your sister really needs family's support and understanding at this very moment. if everything is not reconcilable, she just has to accept the fact and move on. life still goes on, but you and your family would have to be her pillar of strength to help her to move on.. to look on the bright side.. perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that she doesn't have a child yet?..i think the saddest thing to happen to a woman is that she finds her hubby having an affair and she's left in a dilemma of whether she should just stay in a marriage with no love because of the child.. so sad...

hi girls,
today i asked gynae if my 2-day very light menses is considered 1 cycle, and he said yes. it's normal for our menses trend to go haywire for a couple of months... so glad and relieved to hear that! was still concerned if my d&amp;c would affect my fertility!

qwer, perhaps you should tell your hubby after the incident that he should try and clarify with your mil about your difficulty in conceiving? or maybe you should try to find an opportunity to tell her. sometimes, old folks are like that. to them, they didn't have scans and all in their era, and they had kids so easily that they are not aware that there are such conditions like cysts which may affect fertility.

dun be too stressed by her remarks, just find an opportunity to tell her that you're equally anxious as her, just that the doctor says you have cysts so it may take a while longer than others to conceive?.. think if she's understanding, she will stop putting pressure on u..

my SIL has inverted womb, she tried for 2 years before successfully conceiving. of course my mil used to pressure her to have a baby, but she told her she's also trying, but can't help if she doesnt' conceive. so after hearing that, my mil is pretty understanding and stopped pressuring her.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Bellybutton,</font>
Thanks for your suggestions. But my MIL is the super duper not understanding type of old folks. Hubby always told me to juz keep quiet when MIL talks. But it's juz that I find it unbearable...sigh...

qwer,
why not you just tell your MIL that you are already starting to "Nu Li" liao... the rest got to "Ting Tian You Ming" liao......
that way, you are telling her that you are trying liao....so there's nothing much you can do besides that.....
Du bother about what she says cos you not supposed to get stressed.....

<font color="ff6000">Elmo,</font>
Thank you...few mths ago, I told her that I'm starting to "Nu Li" liao...but she questioned me then why "Nu Li" still no news? She continued &amp; nagged that last time when she tried for her 3rd child, once only &amp; she striked! I kept quiet from that day onwards. I find it really pointless to explain to her at all. Then last weekend we visited her again &amp; she bombarded me with such questions again.

I really hate to see MIL nowadays....I know I shldn't get too stressed &amp; I'm trying to relax &amp; think positive. But this is only possible when I don't get to see MIL. Everytime after I visited MIL, I'll start to get sad again. I told my husband b4 but he asked why I cannot take pple's comments &amp; remarks. He told me juz ignore his mum's comments. Sigh...I really dunno what to do. Now the best solution to zip her mouth is to conceive again. But then again...even if I really conceive again, if I don't bear a GRANDSON for her, think she'll continue to 'harass' me.

You know, I told my best fren abt my problem with MIL. My fren told me why I so stupid, always get affected by MIL's remarks. She said if MIL want to 'attack' me very easy...juz say a few comments &amp; I cannot take it liao...sigh...

jess, i got problems conceiving too if you read my posts in the ivf/icsi support group thread....having a child once doesnt mean the pblem stops there......i got womb prblem as well

hope you manage to conceive soon...

qwer,
I know how you feel..... cos it's sometimes difficult to ignore comments esp if it comes from families...
my case is opposite from yours... I got harrassed by my side of the family.....
everytime I see them, I just told them that I very Nu Li liao and dun stress me anymore cos work is very stressful liao.... more stress less chance. :p
I even told them off... ask them not to ask anymore....if not next time I dun come liao....
of course I not asking you to say tat to your MIL....cos for my case, it's my side of the family... so easier to deal with. :p
that time my cousin wife also ask me.... she even ask me got go check up or not???? sometimes they just dunno that what they are saying is hurting... so must learn to ignore their comments.....
Dun think so much... just ask your MIL dun say anymore cos you will get very stressed up... tell her that nowadays couples got difficulty having bb cos life is very stressful always must "ping ping ping"...that's why birth rate so low liao... but you're trying very hard liao.. but cannot "Ji" one such thing...cos gift from god....
last time I keep telling my MIL we very stress and tired with work...so she understand....... but after she knows we are trying liao... she never ask again liao... she only ask me to go church and pray......
so sometimes very impt to try and communicate....just tell her again and again until she stop... she can nag so why cant you?? :p
think about that....:p it's just like she never really listen to what you are talking about....

tell her life now very different... more stress and the food we eat all not so healthy with all the chemicals and genetically modified products....all these affect...even if preggy... so many ladies experience 1st tri bleeding... last time where got such thing??? so cannot compare last time and this time......

one more thing.... you control your life not your MIL... so she's not really making any effect on your life if you chose not to let her affect you..... I trust you can do it!!!
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Elmo,</font>
Thank you, I appreciate your advises &amp; suggestions. Ok, next time MIL 'shoot' me again, I'll tell her to stop asking me liao. I'll pour out everything to her &amp; my turn to nag at her to stop giving me pressure. Maybe I'll tell her if I conceive will sure inform her, but till then...juz give me some peace 1st. One thing I still dun understand is...why MIL never said such things to her son (my husband)? MIL always think her son got no problem etc...but I think my husband's factor could also affect my percentage of conceiving. But so far he refused to go for SA test. So I bo bian.

Yes, dealing with own family members are much easier. U know daughters &amp; daughter-in-laws are very different one...I mean when we as daughters talk to our parents, even though at times when we are wrong, our parents will not keep it to heart &amp; will forgive us. But for in-laws, it maybe different. Though some in-laws are really good...but mine is juz the 'not-so-nice' ones. OK, I must make sure I'm able to control my own life &amp; not my MIL. I know I cannot juz say say only, I must do it to proof to her that she cannot control my life. Like what <font color="aa00aa">Hamasaki,</font> mentioned....hack care her liao! I must really learn to hack care!!

Xie Xie Ni!!

qwer,
sad to say that's the traditional chinese thinking that it's always the women with the problem when there is no bb...... but they can think what they like.....
ask your hubby to go for test.... tell him tat you veri stress liao and would like to maxmise chance of conceiving....so wan him to go and test. :p

it's understandable..... cos ultimately 2 people from different environment..... both side must make effort to make it work.....

try to get closer to your MIL....... I know that sounds a bit weird.... but getting closer will help cos then she will understand your feelings better.....sometimes it can just be a case of mis-communication.

Hi gals,
Seems like the topic here today is abt MIL problems.

Qwer,
I agree with the other gals. Your MIL generation doesn't seem to have problem having children and think that our generation should be the same. I think you should tell her your cysts problem, tell her having another child may not be so easy. My MIL also cannot understand why I can have 2 stillbirths. Maybe because she is not educated, so she can't understand about my blood clotting issues, she believe in superstition. Sometimes I feel like telling her if I can't give them a grandchild, ask her son to find another wife! Dunno why our generation got so many problems with childbirth. Must be the stress level, air pollution and handphone radiation. I read from an article that Japan did a research on the high miscarriages rate, they account it to the extensive use of handphones. I believe in some way it may be true. If not how come our MIL generation give birth like switching on the tap like dat!

This morning I met an old classmate. She gave birth in March this year. She is so different from the person I used to know. Last time she is the happy go lucky kind. But now she got so much fan nao. She was complaining to me about her MIL taking care of her bb and meddling in the way my fren take care of the bb. I think my fren is rather headstrong, but I dunno becos I'm not in her shoes. Hope her relationship with her in-laws will be better soon.

305028.gif
Hello gals...
305029.gif

Hello qwer,
Try to one ear in, one ear out
happy.gif
Try not to worry too much
happy.gif
. If you feel stressed, maybe can avoid going to meet your MIL too often
happy.gif
. Last time when my family keep pestering me when I gonna graduate, I stopped going home, and stopped taking up their calls for a while. Then I settle down and have some peace of mind
happy.gif
cos disturbed mind cannot think properly
happy.gif

If you must meet her, then when she saying things you dun like to listen, just breath in very deeply and out slowly
happy.gif
and walk away or tell her to wait for 5 years. heh... my counsellor last time taught me to stop pple asking, tell them 5 years later.
happy.gif

Hi Yasmin,
Sorry to hear about your sis's case. She will need your listening ears and family's care at this moment
happy.gif
Take care.

Hi Bellybutton, Java, or anyone else,
Sorry for asking... How many weeks of MC you were given last time? Can extend? Under what circumstances your gynae extend the MC? Do you see private gynae or KKH?
Thank you in advance for your reply
happy.gif

hi gals,

i went to see my gyane yesterday, saw my bb &amp; the heartbeat! bb is still very small but the heart is beating fast &amp; strong. gynae dated me as 6weeks plus instead of 7 weeks, my EDD has changed to 3 April 06. i can finally heave a sigh of relief, i was so worried that i couldn't slept well the night before. my next appt is in 3 weeks time, will update u gals again.

to all the gals who are ttc, don't give up, keep on trying! in my case, i tried for 15 months before i found out the real cause &amp; i finally strike 2 years after my mc. jia you jiao you! here's some bb dusts to all!

<font color="aa00aa">Lyn, Elmo, Java,</font>
Sorry for changing the topic to MIL today, keke....thanks everyone for the advises. Die lah...must be the handphone...keke....cos I use hp quite often. Use ear piece will help or not??

And no, I won't want to get closer to my MIL...I seldom visit her one...only once in 2-3 mths. Each visit only 15-30mins, but already she 'attack' me like dunno what. My best fren told me maybe MIL didn't see me for so long...all kept inside her heart very uncomfortable. So everytime she sees me, she'll juz shoot at me (due to limited time, haha!) Most of the time I'll juz keep quiet &amp; walk away but this method looks like cannot work. Cos next round she sees me again &amp; ask again. Then I'll go home feeling very down.

I dunno how to overcome this. I thot of an idea, maybe I'll talk to my husband tonight. Ask him to tell his mum dun ask me anymore if she wants a grandchild soon. MIL only listens to her son. U all think can work or not hah??

<font color="119911">Hi Missy,</font>
All right man....U MADE IT!!! So happy that you're able to see your bb &amp; the heartbeat! The moment u saw it...that kind of feeling is so difficult to describe right...happy &amp; so warm inside the heart isn't it?? And thanks for your baby dust...

Btw, hv u gone to the temple?? 4 of us went together now left 3 of us :-( Hey...the 3 of us &amp; the rest of the gals here, dun give up ok.

qwer,
I also think so leh... cos older people like to talk to people... so she just grab you every chance you have.....
try to talk to her more.... maybe she will not ask as much...:p

hi qwer, i went to the temple the other day to pray for my bb to be healthy. going back to thank niang niang after i pass my 1st trimester. dun give up yet, i'm sure u can made it too!! and lyn &amp; hamasaki too!

hi qwer, u're so lucky to only meet with ur MIL every 2 or 3 mths..

Me got to see her every wk.. at times, its a few days in a week.. Sure, she will hint hint or asked me directly if there is any gd news.. (Me dread and sick of seeing her now)
305039.gif

hi missy,
Congrats on seeing ur bb's heartbeat. I can understand the anxiety you feel just before the checkup. Your MS started yet?

gals, remember just now I was telling you abt my old classmate I met this morning? I met her for lunch just now. I find that I can't click with her already. Find her kinda of a snob now. I told her I feel like shifting house coz I find my current place very far and ulu. Then she say eh go and buy private housing, I'm sure you can afford it. Hello, I'm not asking for your comments! Maybe I'm sour grapes or wat, coz her hubby has a car and they stay in a condo. Even if I can afford it, doesn't mean I want to splurge on private housing. What's wrong with buying a resale HDB flat! I was further pissed when she start asking abt me and what happened in my previous pregnancy. She said her hubby also said why my gynae never admit me into hospital at 8 mths for close monitoring since I have history before. I told her my gynae also did not expect it to happen again, previously we were barking up the wrong tree. I just don't like the way she keep putting such comments if she doesn't know the situation. Maybe I am too sensitive, but somehow I feel that she can never understand how I feel as she has never experienced a loss before. I also tired to explain to her. Then she will blah blah about her baby, etc. I'm full of complaints today!

hi ladies
understand u gals went to pray "zhu sheng niang niang" sometime ago. can share with me the address? i would like to pray too as i m/c for twice within a year......sigh!!!

tks in advance.

<font color="0000ff">Elmo,</font>
Ok, I will try bit by bit...keke....

<font color="aa00aa">Hamasaki,</font>
Looks like we're sort of in the same bad MIL's boat!! Haha!!

<font color="ff6000">Java,</font>
Maybe u try to stay away from this fren of yours if you really feel uneasy being with her. Yes, she is unable to understand cos she didn't go thro all those unhappiness &amp; that's why she talks very ya ya...

<font color="119911">Missy,</font>
Thanks...I dunno when that day will come...Anyway, I know the key word is to 'relax' lah...but say easy than done, keke....

bbtree,

so sorry to "hear" that u miscarriage twice...so how are u now? do take folid acid pills hor..

i had miscarriage on Vesak Day...now comin to 3months liao..

if u get the address pls share with me too..tks ya...

Hi missy,
Congratulations! Wish you a safe 9 months
happy.gif

Hi qwer,
It's ok. No problem about that
happy.gif
. Think of how cute your gal gal is then you will feel happier
happy.gif
. She will grow up to be a beautiful lady
happy.gif

Hi Java,
Do you read Dale Carnegie's book? I read a prayer that you have posted to Coral before, which I saw in the book too.
happy.gif

Try not to worry about little things and think positively
happy.gif
Your friend got her own way of thinking which might be different
happy.gif
hence unconsciously made you not so happy...

hi bbtree and jess,
The temple is at Havelock road. Within walking distance from the Zion Road hawker center. There are two temples at Havelock. It's the bigger one. You can go there and ask. There's a tiger god at the front of the temple.
happy.gif

bbtree,
Try to think positively
happy.gif
me too.. twice within a year... but I am not so sad already
happy.gif
I did not cry buckets in the second one
happy.gif
. I keep reading a book titled "How to stop worrying and start living" by Dale Carnegie. It's a good book
happy.gif

ya tks Lyn, u really sound like sunflower...so bright ya

ok will go this sun with my hubby...bbtree hope to see u there too...hehe

btw lyn, do we need to buy anything fruits or other things? pls advise...

elmo,

i got 1 pkt at home, must go home see liao den can let u kn tml...

acutally u go to those medical hall, u tell them u wan to use for confinement one, they will recommend u liao..

Hi elmo,
I go to the shop and tell them that I want the herbs for bathing during confinement... then they will recommend.

Hi Jess,
That time me and missy bought a box of white face powder and two oranges there to pray.
Better dun go next week.. It's seventh month le. I will be going there again after seventh month
happy.gif

Gotta stay happy
happy.gif
Try to relax then can strike...
happy.gif

thanks lyn, jess &amp; hamasaki... infact i m not upset abt my 2nd m/c but rather disappointed that history repeat. m going for my D&amp;C tomorrow. most likely i will go &amp; pray after the 7th month. had a frenz who married for more than 7 yrs but cant conceive due to her health + hving kidney problem. she made an effort to pray to zhu sheng niang niang &amp; had juz given birth to a healthy baby boy few mths ago. i hope i can b like her..........hope niang niang also grant me a healthy bb
happy.gif

lyn: i was given 2 weeks mc afterwhich i was scheduled to go back to gynae for a scan of the womb to make sure everything is ok. i then asked for an extention for 2 more weeks, told him my parents would like me to complete my confinement. gynae agreed to extend for me coz he understands i am still emotionally very down, although physically i am already ok. more of emotional grounds.

chubbyfish, dunno why the whole of today i was having stomach cramps.. sigh.. dun think it's my AF leh coz i just had it 2 weeks ago!. how about you? how are you now?

Back