Support group - Miscarriages

Morning gals!

wah... i MIA 1 day.. cos my FIL cook the vinegar +pig trotters for me on Sunday.. then.. uh oh.. i had very bad reaction to the food..

Doctor say my stomach not used to the vineagar + i have sensitive stomach..

Sigh.. my MIL wasn't too pleased about my body's reaction.. like i ungrateful like that..

Coral,
I put away the stuff any stuff that i had regarding this pregnancy away.. it will be good, even if you can't bear to part with it.

Focus on your relationship with your hubby.. dun shut him out.. My hubby was there for me, and instead of doing everyday stuff, after the m/c we took time out to spend together, really talk about our fears and hopes and support n encourage each other..we try to put our lives back to normal, we go for dates n movies and walks, just like before we got married..

It helped me greatly..and i could face the future again.. of course, you will have sudden emotional outbursts, but it is normal..

At home alone? Occupy yourself with stuff.. i read books (tried the new harry potter book??), baked cakes n brownies.. i cleaned and tidied up my stuff.. (gives me a cleansing feeling that i putting my life back in order), i went for a haircut (To cut off my misery!!) etc..

There are many things you can think of to occupy your time..!!

Jasmine,

Coral must take care and rest like confinement like that. She cant bake cakes yet......must rest for min. 2 wks den start any activities.

Rest is v v important to her now.

Dear Ladies,

Must let you all know how much all your encouragement mean to me. And Lyn, thanks for the bright cheerful icons. I'm sorry to remind you gals of any sad experience, but when I see you gals moving on, I tell myself I can too.
Hb and I also can't bear to part with anything related to kaden. I intend to keep His scans, photos and reports in some nice boxes we bought during honeymoon. If mum insists, we'll burn those paper clothings to him.
Java, my breasts no longer in pain, though still a little hard. But the size gone down significantly.
Today I also started cleaning up a bit, but these two days been having some pain in tummy, so a bit scared.
I start to drink ess of chicken today. Last nite drank DOM and got drunk and fell asleep immediately, hb said I even snore.
I guess the pain will never go away, but I will take good care of myself as I want to expereince the magical joy of being a mum again.
Does it mean that our menses will take some time to be regular?

coral, like what all the gals had said, do have a good rest and a mini confinement..

Take great care and bu urself well.. I hope time will heal ur wounds..

Hi Coral,
I believe you will be able to move on. Have faith. Time will heal all wounds.
Be strong gal...

Has your bleeding stop?
After it stop, I think it will take about 2 weeks before the next cycle starts.

Please abstain from any cooling / cold stuffs from now for the next 1 mth. No crabs / prawns.
Just take more tonic and more ginger. Dun drink water. Drink red date, "Gou Qi Zi", Dried black Longan, "Dang3 Shen1", "Bei3 Qi3" and some ginger. Boil for 30-40 mins and drink as water.
It will help to get rid of the bloatedness, "Bu Qi", "Bu Xue", and "Ming2 Mu" - good for eyes....
it's very impt for you to take all the nutritional stuffs and also to get rid of the "wind" in the body. That way you will be able to nourish your body well.

Dear coral,
Glad to hear you being more positive today. When you are physically and emotionally ready, you can try again. The pain in your tummy is a sign of the ulterus contracting. It will feel kinda raw during the first few days. Please don't do too much strenuous cleaning, if possible lie down more often. You should be getting your menses 3, 4 weeks after your lochia ends. elmo gave some good tips on what to eat.

Gals, today i very free in my office. Have been surfing net since after lunch. Sometimes can be quite sian to be so free. Dunno wat am i complaining about...

haha,

chubby, me bu dong shi.. sorry coral..but my meaning is to try to distract ur mind..

yeah.. drink & eat more stuff with ginger inside.. get rid of the wind n "warm" u up..

Jasmine,

No need sorry la! We here to share experience mah! No need ke qi....
happy.gif

Most important is Coral will think positive!

Coral, we give u moral SUPPORT here! U must b gd gal, hv a mini confinement. Eat as much bu as u can and rest as much as u can.....Listen to Chubby ok? Be gd gal hor....kekekekke

Hi Coral,
try some of these. These are what I have been doing lately.
If you can go to Chinese sinseh and ask for "Sheng1 Hua4 Tang1"... it's to be drank after giving birth to remove all the "dirty blood".

1) Everyday drink the red date tea mentioned above like water. Dun drink water.
2) Morning drink a bottle of chicken essence on empty stomach. After 10-15 mins take your normal breakfast
3) Lunch/Dinner, mee sua with soup or tonic soup with rice and veg. and remember use lots of ginger.
4) drink DOM before you sleep every night.
Your body is in a very good state to absorb the most now. So, dun let it pass.... take as much as you can.

E.g of tonic soup.
1) "Dang Shen", "Bei Qi", "Huai Shan", Gou Qi Zi, black dates, add half/whole black chicken with 1 bowl of water and 1/2 cup of martel.
You can chose to fry some ginger slice with sesame oil and then add normal chicken followed with martel before pouring into slow cooker with the herbs to boil.
2) Fry ginger with sesame oil and fry some chicken/meat. Can add mushroom is you wan. add water boil and add some salt, pepper and soya sauce... after water boil add mee sua.
3) "Pao shen with Chong Chao" and gou qi zhi , black date with black chicken.
However, I have chosen to mill "Pao shen and chong cao" into powder. Can take 2-4 everyday during this period.
Remember to ask for "Lao Pao shen". It must be warm in nature. Not those cooling Pao shen
4) Fry ginger slices with sesame oil, add chicken dice, add mushroom... stir fry... add some seasoning, add 2 tablespoon of DOM and fry... then add a little of the mushroom water used to soak the mushroom. This also quite nice. Very sweet.
5) After your blood clear Totally, can drink "Dang gui bu xue Tang", "Ba Zhen" and "Bai Feng Wan" with black chicken

something like that....

wah! Elmo,

Very very detailed.. i think i print out n keep manz.. still got 2 weeks of mini-confinement food to go..

Hi Ladies,

Good morning to all!!

Rise and shine! Good morning to all!

Jasmine, don't worry, we all just as blur as each other.
Chubby, I hv sweet tooth so will be gd as I like lollipo.
Wow, elmo! You very good . Do you cook them yourself?
Since yday, I've started drinking ess of chicken and DOM. Today my mum will cook chicken soup with some of the herbs you mentioned.
Dunno why my bleeding is getting more these 2 days and I keep feeling pain in tummy, hopefully it's just the uterus shrinking. I saw doc's report, as of last thurs my uterus was still the size of 18wks...

Morning gals

Coral - Dont worry, you'll clear your menses soon. (my case it takes abt 12 days to clear everything) if i'm not wrong, your uterus is skrinking. But if it really painful, call your gynae n ask is it normal. Rmemeber dont eat go2 lei2 at these moment. yeah! now your body need all the bu food.

Elmo - wow!

Coral,

Glad that you sound cheerful liao! guai guai listen to all og use here and be more cheerful and postive ok?

Next time we meet, Chubby has to buy lollipop for Lyn and Coral liao

Eat as much bu as u can hor!

Er, confused, what is go2 lei2?
My pain not so bad now, but in the middle of nite was quite bad, so when hb hold my hands I just push him away. Poor chap, since I was pregnant have been rather violent, hit him a few times in sleep liao.

Hee, chubby, no worries, lollipop cheap cheap.

303017.gif
Yo Coral!
303018.gif

Really must eat a lot of "bu" ah. If you dun have cysts, fibroids, endometriosis problems, then can take dang gui, pak zhen and bai feng wan.
If your bleeding increase too much or it gets too painful, better give your gynae a call to ask.

303019.gif
chubby chubby
303020.gif

kekeke... lollipop...

I see. Oh, never eat that. I think I'll just be eating dong cong cao and pao shen soup. The rest are the dates and gou qi zi chicken soup.

Coral - aiyo! go2 lei2 (in hokkien) its a chinese herb. I go find out in chinese then i let u know. (it is boil with black chicken) i was told not to drink this until u clear your menses n blood if not it will clog/stop your menses from coming. (not good)

Oso ask your mother to cook so red dates, with ginger n long gan drink. Eat more ginger oso. Eat those bu for 1 mth n i'm sure you will build back your health n is easy for you to get pregnant.

Jasmine/Coral/Confused,
no lah... I share share also... most my aunt taught me one.... I also learnt a fews tips from the gals at TTC. :p
I got to cook lunch myself cos I prepare my own lunch and bring to work everyday....

very very impt to BU...so I BU... hubby see me eat like this... he keep asking me... not heaty meh?? will get too heaty or not?? kekekekek.... up till now I still not heaty.. you can imagine...:p

elmo, why are you working during the confinement period? Actually I start to get heaty already, I can see small bumps of pimples on my cheek.
Ya,my mum say I finish about 2kg of ginger in 1 week. So can imgaine how much ginger I eat.
Only get to bath every 2-3 days, feel so yucky about myself. Very paisei when hb come near me, although he claim I'm not smelly, but I get very concious.
Confused, I think I know what is that go lei. My mum cooked that for me in the past. But never hear her cooking that for me this time. I'lltell her not to.
Is it true that we can't eat most veggie? They cook kai lan for me daily, so bitter...

hello hamasaki
happy.gif

elmo - ya! u still go to work during confinement? i only eat those confinment food for 2 weeks after that i stop liao. (very tired of eating the same food everyday n got constipation after that cos too heaty liao) If u dont find it heaty continue eating till abt 1mth.

coral - no choice u got to continue eating. can understand the feeling. My mum oso dont allow me to bathe n i secretly do it
biggrin.gif
(cant tahan leh). i bathe very very hot water. And i miss cold drink so once in a while i oso secretly have a sip. Hey! u must be guai guai hor! dont be like me so naughty.
biggrin.gif

Once your body is bu. you wont have problem in future n very easy to get preggie.

hamasaki - i'm still busy with work. Very stress ah! Myabe the past few weeks very busy, so cant feel anything inside my abdominal so got a bit worried. (maybe got past experience the phobia still there) i count down everyday, 2 more days to go for my checkup liao.

chubby fishes - Got experience liao leh. i oso learn it from the gals here
happy.gif

got leh, lollipop lor
biggrin.gif

hi confused, can understand how u must have felt.. do u think its advisable to contact ur gynae today or maybe these 2 days, do try ur best to feel and mointor bb movements and kicks whenever u can..

Take care and do keep me update again on fri after the check-up..
303052.gif

hamasaki - i dare not call my gynae leh. I afraid they say i already waited for abt 1 mth so wats the difference for waiting another 1-2 days. i guai guai wait lor. okie! will update u
happy.gif

I will guai guai, cos I want to be mummy.
My mum boil herbs for me to bath. And also allow me to add bai jiu in hot water to wipe body. But hair can only wash once a week...
You gals so guai, go back to work. I only hv 18days mc, so I apply leave to make up to one month, though boss hasn't approve my leave, I will not go back yet, cos my health more important. Somemore 3 colleagues resigned, so going back means lotsa stress, so better not go back so soon.
confused, how many wks preg already? You take good care of yourself, k?

hi coral, why dun you try asking the doctor to extend your mc? think most of them are very sympathetic and will usually agree to your request on emotional grounds. then you can save your leave and use it to go somewhere nice when you are ready to ttc again!

btw coral, think you can eat spinach too. my mil cooked that for me everyday, with rice wine and ginger and wolfberry. very yummy, you can try that! at least you dun have to eat kai lan everyday!

dun worry about the stomach pain which you are experiencing, it is normally to feel crampy coz your uterus is contracting back to its original size, very important.
actually my gynae said it is very important to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables during this time. i know it is a little contradictory to the chinese practice, but i do try to eat at least 1 serving of vegetable and 2 apples a day.

what's most important now is dun carry heavy things and no strenous exercise, in case it causes the womb to droop downwards!.. my gynae told me not to take alcohol, red dates and tung gwei for one month coz they are extremely heaty and dilate your blood vessels and cause bleeding, but up to individual i guess. some people feel that these are very bu, but my advice to you is to only start taking them when your bleeding has stopped. for now, just lie down, relax and enjoy the rest of your mc, coz you sound like there'll be a lot of work waiting for you back in office!

Hi Coral,

Glad that you are taking good care of yourself now
happy.gif

I think you can go and see your doctor to extend your MC to one month... So save up your leave
happy.gif

Take care
happy.gif

Good morning Ladies!

Coral, pls go ask Dr extend yr MC. Rest and bu well and u will b mummy soon.

Chubby chubby give u support!!! Yeah!

Coral, we want u extend mc!...extend mc!...we went u extend mc!!........kekekeke

Hello n gd morning gals

coral - okie! i'm 16 weeks pregnant liao. yeah! dont waste your leave mah, ask doctor to extend mc for u. During my mini confinement i food i ate very heaty so to prevent constipation i ate apple n pear only. (some fruits very liang so my mum dont allow me to eat) n for vegeatble, ok for me leh (so long the veg not liang type u can eat) Very sian hor! everyday got to eat the same food. nevermind u must tahan n after that you can eat watever food u want.

maybe after eating those bu i very fertile leh. Gynae told me i wont get preggie the next 3 mths n aiyo! 2 mths later i went to see him i already 1 mth pregnant liao. My gynae very shock leh
biggrin.gif

Coral n jasmine - Remember dont carry heavy things n dont walk too much. Rest more yeah!

okie, i got to work liao, chat with u gals later
happy.gif
bye!

Coral, I dun have any MC leh.....maybe cos I was still too early in my pregancy that time.... so, come back to work lor... anyway, I dun feel particularly unwell or anything... and I have lots of work piling up at work. :p

besides, work helps me to get over things better cos no time to Hu Si Luan Xiang.

Coral, you can eat different mushrooms, brocolli, asparagus, spinach... all these should be fine...

Gdmorning. Today very very weird. First my wireless network won't work the whole morn so can't surf. Then just a moment ago, my sound system turn on, on its own. The music suddenly blast out beside me. I don't know what to think...
Should I call gynae now to extend mc or ask him to extend it when I see him in 2 wks' time?
confused, can try for bb so soon ah? Everybody is trying to get me and hb to hold on for at least 4mths. So funny, my mum worry that we don't know how to prevent preggy still teach me where to buy condoms, and the nurses came to counsel us twice on preventive measures. That's why hb and I thought we'll start trying only in Dec.

coral, think i would prefer that u call him to extend the mc for u now..
303200.gif

u call ur gynae to check whether it can be done so in this way..

Maybe I'll call him next week since my current mc until next week. Cos if I call him too early, he'll ask how would I know I'm not ready to go back by the week after.
What should I say? Tell him honestly I want to do confinement or cite emotionally not ready? Hehe, I feel paisei asking for mc.

elmo - wow! Your body cant tahan the heat. Thats good. (the first 1 week my body can oso tahan the heat then slowly coming to 2 weeks i going to get sore throat liao so i stop eating oso.)

Coral - ya! call after u finish your mc. (when i m put on bed rest gynae told me once i finish my mc n if i want to extend he can give to to me. so nice hor!
biggrin.gif
but i didnt lor, i even went backt o work once in a while when i'm on bed rest)

ya! most gynae n people will advise to try after the 3rd to 4th mths onwards. (cos to make sure your womb n everything heal then conceive is better) but i didnt know cant BD so we do it after my 1st AF then strike leh. (that's y my gynae got a shock)
biggrin.gif

Usually private gynae easier to take mc, my 1st gynae fm glene also this easy. tis time I went kk, so not sure if gynae will be tis gd. sm more don't hv his contact must ask hosp to page for him.
Guess I'll rest a little longer, will try in dec. Anyway hb's peak periond end in nov, so I think dec timing quite gd. Frankly, I'm rather scared aft one bad experience. But tell myself must forget the bad things else I'll be too stress and might affect the next pregnancy.
If I want to start taking folic acid a few months prior to trying, how can I buy them? Will guardian pharmacy sell them without prescription?

Coral,

U just go tell Dr den u feel weak n need to extend yr MC....sure can one! If cannot u tell Dr is Chubby who say can......hahahhaha. If Dr cant give, u tell Chubby, I go box Dr

Back