Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

Hi Violet,
it's ok...no problem!

Joleena,
Ya, had been busy nowadays...and my company blocked this website..so cant access during office hrs...so sad!

wow...so many mummies now in here....hello to all!!
happy.gif

have a nice weekend!

Hi linda,
Wah your company got a lot of mummies frequent this website har? How come your company like that one......
Hope to see u more often though. You have a nice weekend too.

violet,
hahaha...not alot lah...they banned quite a few other websites as well! Especially all forums and games website...sigh..

same to you..enjoy your weekend!
happy.gif

Hi Violet

Think I will buy from outside. Ok hor?...
happy.gif

2nd gathering - UPDATES
===================
POT LUCK @ FurLover's place(Rivervale Drive) on 27-Aug, Time 11:30

-FurLover & family(of course!)
-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-wendy(cpj) + son + bb + hb + helper
-Wendy(wen2gal) + Titus + hb
-Xeno + hb
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)

Food list -
Furlover : drinks, chilled water chestnut dessert, tuna/eggmayo/curry chicken bread bowls and muffins for the little ones.
Violet : Spaghetti in tomato sauce
Sharon : Kampung Fried rice and agar-agar
Jen : Cake of some sort... hahaha...
Wendy(wen2gal) : disposable plates, cups& cutlery
Cindy : Curry chicken or Chicken wings(TBC)
Xeno : Fruits
Wendy(cpj) : Nuggets and Otah

-tanlengleng + gal + bb (TBC)

err.. Let me think of wat food to bring...
This is my 1st potluck gathering. heh heh..

Thanks VIolet for updating the potluck gathering for me. :D Been really busy lately.

LengLeng, since u might be coming, can bring my gym6 stuff along? I'm the one that smsed you the night before.

Thnks!

furlover,
No problem la. If a mummy MIA means bz bz bz mah. Me quite free at work recently lor.

Leng leng,
glad that you can come!
happy.gif

Welcome Ang Kai Yan Sterah!
errr.... is there a shorter wat of addressing u?
You can send your details to Jen and she will update the list and send to us in the next update.

Apply tree provides daily playgroup but I'm not sure if there is 1 in Seng Kang. Why not you call them to check. Some childcare oso hv daily programmes so you can also call them to check. I try to upload the list of childcare in SK to you but file is too big.

Pls provide me yr email a/c and I can send to you since you do not accept PM.

FurLover,
sure... I rem u lor.. kekeke..
Sorry there were too many collection,
most mummies sms me without putting names,
I donno who's who...
happy.gif

Can I have your addy pls?

Mikel,
The shop quite out of the place for me leh.
Dun think can go there anytime soon.
sad.gif

Leng Leng,
I will email the add to all this week. c ya.

hi good morning all...

oh talking abt fashion, I hv some 'new finds'(maybe new to me cos I've only 'found' them recently lolz), it seems like e so-called korean style is so hot now that even our local designers(e.g. Future State) r producing them. And I even saw one label at Takashimaya Ladies Dept selling lots of these styles too - not ex also, reasonable or rather, pretty affordable and the materials used are not bad too.
Saw another boutique wif such styles @Marina Sq, next to LittleMatchGirl's shop... This boutique looks 'ex' but the prices are ok, so far those which I find nice are priced btwn, 80+ to 100+ but their materials r good, though e dresses look abit more formal...

oh leng2, e mooncakes r frm 1 MLM brand one rite? Cos my sis' friend also invited us for such 'tasting and skin analysis' but I din ask which brand...

Wow... mooncake festival coming...

Help needed.. ask u all..

My mil says that my mum should buy latern for my gal this year... is it true?

Got such policy one meh?

What other policies muz I noe?

A bit the tired that my mil keeps saying some things muz be done by my mom.

Anyway, who noes where I can get good mooncakes (with NO eggs in them)? My mil can't take eggs or chicken stuff products.

koalarie
Got such policy n rules meh hahaha....really dunno leh. I think anyone can buy lantern for our bb lah no need our mum to buy lor.

me too, din know that there's such a custom existing... I din even buy nor let anyone buy any lantern for my girl last yr - so young, how to take? lolz

Koalarie,
my suggestion to avoid any arguement,
buy a lantern for your gal & tell her it's from your mom.
It's a white lie, but both sides will be happy.
happy.gif

When my MIL wants something to be done by hubby,
I'll do it & inform hubby about it.
Else arguement in the family will be non-stop.
If possible & if she's not asking for too much,
just agree with her lah.
happy.gif

For eggless mooncake,
you can try vegetarian mooncakes which do not use eggs.
Or snowskin/agar-agar mooncakes?
Do remember to get those without the egg yolk,
ask her if she prefers lotus, bean paste or pandan.
happy.gif

2nd gathering - UPDATES
===================

-FurLover & family(of course!)
-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-wendy(cpj) + son + bb + hb + helper
-Wendy(wen2gal) + Titus + hb
-Xeno + hb
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)
-tanlengleng + gal + bb (TBC)

Food list -
Furlover : drinks, chilled water chestnut dessert, tuna/eggmayo/curry chicken bread bowls and muffins for the little ones.
Violet : Spaghetti in tomato sauce
Sharon : Kampung Fried rice and agar-agar
Jen : Cake of some sort... hahaha...
Wendy(wen2gal) : disposable plates, cups& cutlery
Cindy : Curry chicken or Chicken wings(TBC)
Xeno : Fruits
Wendy(cpj) : Nuggets and Otah
tanlengleng : Ice-Cream (2 tubs)

Violet
Okay, my church is at ceylon Road, so i pass there every Sunday.

Koalarie
Got such thing meh? Anyway, my mil not Singaporean so no clashes whatsoever with my mum. One of my fav snowskin mooncakes is from Raffles Hotel, Lotus paste with Champagne truffle. Absolutely divine!
kao_drool.gif

Wonder if we can bulk order mooncakes and delivery them to one address, then no need to travel far to buy them ...

Hi FurLover, beluga, wendy(cpj), Wendy(wen2gal), Xeno, sharon, BBcindy, Jen & leng leng,

I have sent you Furlover's address via email, I will sms u later oso...

Mikel,
There is BP for mooncake in the market place. Check it out.

Xeno - Garrick will throw up when we burp him or when he is agitated. He farts alot too! Anyway, we are learning to ID his needs day by day.

Violet - Lucky you! Garrick needs lots of time to burp. Sometimes, even though we try so hard and so long, he still don't burp. But, he does fart alot...he!he!he!

Wendy - Am doing the 5S's - swaddling, side-way holding, swinging, shushing and sucking PLUS air-con.

Thanks, ladies.

My MIL Singaporean.. but she is "Xin Hua" ren (a sub dialect group of Hokkien) and has all these funny beliefs.

Tat time when i was confinement, she went to tell my mom muz make pig stomach soup for me so tat my next child will be a boy.

Haiz.

Thanks, LengLeng. Will take note.

Koalarie,
Nvrmind la, if it does not harm the bb just buy lor. Like some leng leng you buy alrdy say is yr mum buy one she oso dunno.

If you can eat jus eat lor, though I oso dun like the motive behind it la. Anyway no harm eating watever she wants u to eat, jus make her happy lor. If yr mum din cook it and u jus tell her u got eat, again she oso dunno....

Sorry ar... ask u to tell so many lies....

Hi JP, my Aden also needs time to burp, sometime not even burp that we have to put him sleep awhile and try again later. He may even make noise after some time in cot if we didn't burp him enuff. He farts a lot too.. There was one time he was awaken by his own loud with impact fart! Haha.. These few days he always cries half way sleep, very loud, like had very bad nightmare in dreams... Gotta carry him to calm him.. I afraid bad habit caltivated... but no choice.. Is your BB also like that?

sorry cant attend the gathering on 27 aug cos gg to cheer for my hb who is taking part in dunno wat marathon hehe

MIA for some time cos my boy hospitalised 3 days last week... but he is now discharged... also v busy at work... sianzz

Hi mums, chanced upon this thread and realised it's so crowded.
wonder if I can also join? I'm staying in
Sengkang Anchorvale with 2 kids. 1 3yr old and the other's coming to 1 yr old next mth.

Xeno - Garrick is like that sometimes too...cries in his sleep like having a nightmare or something. So, we often sayang-sayang him till he doze off to sleep once again.

BTW, anyone knows how to increase breast milk? Me can't seem to pump more than 90ml (that's the max I can go and its not often) per time...haiz!

japepearl,
my personal experience;
1. Feel around your breast for any lumps, massage b4 u start pumping.
2. Pump more, demand = supply
3. Drink more water, I drink 3L everyday.

If you want a boost, you can try taking Fenugreek,
it'll take 2 days for supply to kick in.

Joke - Birth Control

An elderly woman went into the doctor's office. When the doctor asked why she was there, she replied, "I'd like to have some birth control pills."

Taken aback, the doctor thought for a minute and then said, "Excuse me, Mrs. Smith, but you're 72 years old. What possible use could you have for birth control pills?"

The woman responded, "They help me sleep better."

The doctor thought some more and continued, "How in the world do birth control pills help you to sleep?"

The woman replied, "I put them in my granddaughter's orange juice every morning, and I sleep better at night."

Welcome Zin & Guresuwon,
Pls send your particulars to <u>Jen</u> and she will update the list.

JP,
Ya, drink lots' of water. I also drink almost 3L everyday and production is about 1.5L daily.
And yes, more pumping or direct latching oso help stimulate more supply.

Most impt is be persistent, dun feel discourage and dun give up ok?

Thanks Leng Leng and Violet Blaze... this is really a warm place. My mood very lousy when I saw my name big big in the first thread, but see that you ladies are so warm and friendly here, at least not that bad liao.

Wow Leng Leng,

You kids are only about 19 mths apart. Must be very siong for you... Mine more than 2 years apart already tires me out.

zin,
aiyo, u post in the middle of the nite of couse will be name big big and no responds la.
All sleep liao except for Leng Leng mah
happy.gif

Me oso 2 kids, 4yo and 6mths old.

Hi violet blaze, no leh, I'm not referring to this. If you see under "How to Improve Motherhood", you'll see my name in the subject line. Somebody scolded me there because I highlighted her thread to the webmaster! =-(

Welcome Zin &amp; Guresuwon!

JP &amp; dear mummies, my boy gets impatient to be direct fed now. I am feeding him with EBM and FM at the same time, I think he prefers bottle fed because faster and with less effort.. I feel bit sad leh bcos I can't direct feed him now... :'(

Back