Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

Hi Everyone~ Just came back from HK!! Wau... the haze is really really bad.. The PSI index went up to over 100 and there were some typhoone signals going on too~ But overall, it was a fun trip la~~

I saw from some posts about KidzLoft. I went there last Aug i think. I was so disappointed and didnt even stayed for more than 30 mins. Everything was in a mess and so untidy. I dont think I will ever want to go again.

I also want to bring my boy for swimming as well... Are u guys having a gathering to bring your kids for swimming together?

Hi wendy(wen2gal),
Gald to know that you had a great time at HK! Now you are back so dun hv to worry about the haze....
happy.gif

I am bringing my boy for a trail swimming lessons with the other Jan/Feb babies in Oct. If ok then we will continue with the lessons.

BTW, can u pls cfm your attandance on the 27th Aug gathering as we are working on the food list now....

Kidzloft really that bad? But got 50% disc leh, I tot maybe still worth going to take a look lor.

Violet,
I confirm will join in. send me de food list, Thanks! your BB very cheerful liao and his hair very unique and very cute.

Sharon,
Tot u alrdy cfm bringin Kampung Fried rice and agar-agar? You TBC yr bb, so also cfm bringing?

My boy's hair drops also and some growing back so a little patchy
happy.gif

2nd gathering - UPDATES
====================
POT LUCK @ FurLover's place(Rivervale Drive) on 27-Aug, Time 11:30

-FurLover & family(of course!)
-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-wendy(cpj) + son + bb + hb + helper
-Wendy(wen2gal) + Titus + hb(all tentative)
-Xeno + hb (TBC)
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb

<font color="ff0000">Food list</font>
Furlover : drinks, chilled water chestnut dessert, tuna/eggmayo/curry chicken bread bowls and muffins for the little ones.
Violet : Spaghetti in tomato sauce
Sharon : Kampung Fried rice and agar-agar

Hi All,

Pls update what food you would like to bring to the gathering or would appreciate it if someone could contribute disposable plates, cutlery and cups..... thanks!

Hi All,
Ya, I will be going with my husband and Titus, but wont be staying too long la.. haa~~. But what food should I bring? Can I da bao from somewhere and bring up? Don know who to cook la.. haa

Hi Wendy(cpj),
That's good
happy.gif
I'm still tempted to go there to take a look myself.

How about the gathering, have you tot of anything to bring yet?

Sharon,
since you alrdy bringing food, maybe let the others 'contribute' the stuffs? What do you think?

Hi Violet, Sharon,
Since I'm not sure what food I shld bring. How bout i bring the dispoable plates and spoons? How bout dispoable cups and forks? napkins?

Since I still cannot confirm attendence, I will bring something that will not be missed should I not turn up... probably some cake from Bengawan Solo or something... ok?

2nd gathering - UPDATES
====================

-FurLover &amp; family(of course!)
-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-Xeno + hb (TBC)
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)

<font color="ff0000">Food list</font>
Furlover : drinks, chilled water chestnut dessert, tuna/eggmayo/curry chicken bread bowls and muffins for the little ones.
Jen : Cake of some sort... hahaha...

morning everyone
too bad i cant join in the fun in the gathering. next one ok?

hi violet,
agree that the disposable ones are rather pricey..hmm..besides kidzloft, any other place that sells washable ones?

hi mikel,
thanks for the PM. i have received it.

Hi Joleena,
I'm not sure where else hv washable ones liao. Think wendy(forget which wendy) did post somewhere in the archive thread.
For me I have no time or rather I'm lazy to source for another brand. Since can get at kidzloft I'll just buy fm there
happy.gif

2nd gathering - UPDATES
====================

-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-Xeno + hb (TBC)
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)

Food list
Wendy(wen2gal) : disposable plates, cups&amp; cutlery

Recently very bz got not time to post but i do read the post. I don't thk i can make it for the gathering, you gals enjoy if i can will msn the gals
happy.gif

Hi Violet, still thinking lei.. can give by this weekend?
happy.gif

Need to check with you....Can advise me what to prepare to bring on a trip to bring back my EBM? Maybe can PM me....Thanks.

Hi ladies,

how's everything?? seems quite happening here..kind of lost track liao..hahaha

Hope everything is fine for all!! Have a great week!!

Cheers...

Thanks Mikel.
I'll check the website again
happy.gif

The bumwear one oso quite ex hor....

Hi Wendy(cpj),
sure, update when u decided la.

linda,
ya, u oso another MIA one leh... yep, that's my hb playing with him, it's quite easy to make my boy laugh.
lol.gif

Oh! Now then I remember I gave my fren the wheels on the bus vcds liao!! Forgot that you wanted it. Sorry leh....

Hello, morning! Btw just want to let you know that my name under the list should be confirmed la, instead of tentative..

BTW, FurLover, can I ask if there is any swimming pool near your place... Cos might bring my boy for a swim after the gathering?...

hi morning mommies

hi mikel
thanks for the link. agree with violet...quite ex hor...hmm..but worth thinking

by the way, any mommies here bought training pants for their kids for toilet training?

hi linda
long time no see.....how are you? been busy?

Noted Cindy.

2nd gathering - UPDATES
====================

-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-Wendy(wen2gal) + Titus + hb
-Xeno + hb (TBC)
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)

Food list
Wendy(wen2gal) : disposable plates, cups&amp; cutlery
Cindy : Curry chicken or Chicken wings (TBC)

Something to share
happy.gif

Laws of the Toddler(by unknown author)

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
8. If I think it's mine, it's mine.

Hi Everyone!!!

Apologies for MIA and a drive-by and a whiny-whine post.

Firstly, Garrick's party went well. We had a wonderful luncheon in a wonderful chinese restaurant in a hotel. Gosh...wish we did not have to rush to the hotel....DH forgot to bring his video or camera...bummer!!!

Secondly, DH and I are both falling sick. Garrick's schedule is so hectic....not to sure if its due to his reflux or colic or due to the hungry ghost month.

Anyway, Garrick has been crying non-stop even though we checked to see if he is hungry or his diaper needs to be changed or he has wind or colic (we have the medicine and also do the tummy and legs exercises to dispel wind) or he needs to be cuddle or....etc,etc, etc. Even in his sleep (which is really short - 1 hour or so) he will wake-up and cry. His cries are so loud and sounds as though he is in pain that it breaks my heart. We have been to the pedi countless times and she just can't find what's wrong with him. Garrick sleeps wonderfully during the mornings and afternoons, but come night, he will start his crying..... Anyone has gone through this before? Any suggestions will be awesome! THANK YOU!!!

Lastly, a huge HUGE to everyone and take care!!!

Hi JP,
I'm not trying to scare you or anything. But could it be due to the ghost mth? I'm not trying to be superstitious. But lately my dog keep barking in the middle of the night and he doesnt have the tendacy to bark in the night, only during the ghost mth. Sometimes, its not up to you if you believe or not, i guess. My son also cries very madly in the middle of the night lately and I got so mad, I shouted in the air " Leave my son alone"! I felt a bit hopeless because nothing I did seems to comfort him, so in the end all I did was to hold my son tightly. After a while, he gradually fell back to sleep.

Ha... I hope things will go better after the ghost mth. Maybe you wan to monitor him again?

halo mommies, me back, been sick for the past few days... bad experience. Luckily, wif juz 2 pkts of the prescribed ch herbs, I'm all well now :D

Hey, Violet, if anyone 'drop out' of the Kidzloft shopping spree, I may wanna tag on, do let me know &amp; see if I can join in...Thanks.

Hi to all mummies in Sengkang/Punggol,

I'm a newbie here.

Recently i saw these 2 brands of pampers "Prokids &amp; Softlove" in the budget store near my hse. It is very cheap (20pc less den $5 for size S)

Would like to check has any mummies tried these 2 brands? Any comments?

Thx,d3eamer

hi everyone..

been v busy with my boy.
looking after him alone at home is no joke. :p

kidsloft - i also interested in getting the swimming diapers. can count me in?

welcome Lynn,
pls PM Jen yr details and Jen will update.
Hv not heard or used the 2 brands u mentioned so not sure how it is....

Mum05 &amp; MTDT,
Currently, seats in the car all taken up, so put u gals on 'waiting list' first? Cfm again when we get closer to the date. If you going via own transport we can always meet there.
happy.gif

<u>KidzLoft shopping trip on 02-Sep</u>
Currently only Sharon, Mikel, Wendy(cpj) and myself are cfm.
Dunno about linsaw yet.
'Waiting list' - mum05, MTDT.

Meet : 12:40 at SK taxi stand(nere to 7-11)
Meet : 1:00 at AMK (Sharon oni)

Sharon, remember to make a photocopy of yr gal's birth cert.

oh... no prob.

we can meet there. will ask driver aka hubby to drive down. :p

I am driving from Punggol.
can lobang some pple too.
happy.gif

am thinking since many pple says the warehouse is a small &amp; messy, will it be easier if we note down wat we want to get from the website, then go there just show the sales person to place order?

btw the 50% discount does not apply to delivery huh?

ya violet, that's why i asked u to let me know if there's any 'drop out' mah kekeke
but i'm fine even if there's no seat available, cos mayb I might not be able to go also leh, due to my work... maybe I'll pass sharon my list of things ask her to help me buy cos since she stays near me it's easy for collection, sharon - can?
btw, is their warehouse that 'small' as some has advised? maybe u gals can let us know how 'small' after yr 2/9's trip there.

thks, jen.

Hi mommies
Me MIA from this thread very long liao, wow got another gathering n other activity as well hehehe... hopefully i can join u gals to KidzLoft, Violet will sms u when the date r nearer.

2nd gathering - UPDATES
===================

-violet + bb + gal + hb
-beluga + bb + hb
-Wendy(wen2gal) + Titus + hb
-Xeno + hb
-sharon + hb + bb
-BBcindy + hb + bb
-Jen + hb + bb (TBC)

<font color="ff0000">Food list -</font>
<font color="0000ff">Furlover :</font> drinks, chilled water chestnut dessert, tuna/eggmayo/curry chicken bread bowls and muffins for the little ones.
<font color="0000ff">Violet :</font> Spaghetti in tomato sauce
<font color="0000ff">Sharon :</font> Kampung Fried rice and agar-agar
<font color="0000ff">Jen :</font> Cake of some sort... hahaha...
<font color="0000ff">Wendy(wen2gal) :</font> disposable plates, cups&amp; cutlery
<font color="0000ff">Cindy :</font> Curry chicken or Chicken wings(TBC)
<font color="0000ff">Xeno :</font> Fruits

Hi JP,
Wanted to post this but keep forgetting.
Actually I'm not pang tang so the 7th mth thingy is out of the quesiton for me.

Garrick could be still adjusting to the surrounding lor. Perhaps limit his day time naps so that he can sleep longer at night?

My boy oso cannot sleep thru 'peacefully' when he is 1-3 mths old. He does not cry out loud but just keep waking up lor and got to pat him back to sleep. But that's tiring enough oso la.

In the day time he is worst, I used to call him '15mins baby' 'cos that's the longest he nap at 1 shot. Then slowly he managed to nap around 30mins each time so he is now my 'half an hour baby'. On good days, he can nap 1-2 hrs in the day and sleep for 5-6 hrs at nite. He is so unlike my gal who has no problem sleeping at all.

Some babies are just more difficult to settle in terms of sleep lor. I've had a friend whose baby boy keep waking up in the middle of every nite and to play! So just hv to continue to observe la....

Wendy - Ya lor...that's what my DH said...it might be the ghost month. Some more this year, 2 months instead of 1...haiz! So, your son also kena ha?

mum05 - So sorry to hear that you were sick. Sending lots of healing vibes over. Glad to hear you are much better now.

Lynn - Hi there and welcome!

Jen - Thanks!

Violet - We have been trying to limit his day time naps but when Garrick wants to sleep, nothing can stop him. Thanks for the info...I guess I will just have to take one day at a time and hope that its just a passing phase. Is your boy much better now?

Welcome Lynn, Corrine &amp; Bulma!

Dear mummies, sorry for being missing for weeks because I am tighten down by my newborn's daily chaos.. I have a maid but I dare not allow her to handle BB fully now because BB is still so young.. worse still she is very forgetful.. suddenly I have the urge to be a full time at home mother.. Oh no.. What a thought!

Violet, thanks for SMS to remind me on the gathering. Looking forward to seeing you all..

JP, does your baby throw out or reflux after crying? My BB also have the same problem during 1st 3 weeks at home, later we realised we didn't burp him enuff that he is not feeling well due to "wind". I do add colic drop in his milk too but till now dunno how the colic drop helps.. May be making him releasing gas more? It really takes time.. Slowly you will learn how to study his needs..

Anyone can advise on how to reduce milk rash on BB's face &amp; neck? I cleaned his face each time after feed but still having many le..

JP,
Yes, now that xeno mentioned about burping. What I do is burp my son half way thru his milk feed then burp again after he finish the whole bottle. He is pretty easy to burp so is ok, some babies difficult to burp.

My boy now still sleep 30mins during wkends 'cos more ppl at home and my gal is noisy. Wkdays oni him, my mum and maid at home so more quiet and he can sleep 1-2hrs sometimes lor.

Xeno,
No problem, know u sure bz with yr son la.
Try bathing him with Cetaphil? My PD recommended this over Lactacyd.

Hi JP, PD said its not due to colic? Colic babies tend to cry only in the evening. Does it help when you cuddle him?

My elder son was like that previously. But it went off after a while... It was not colic and we also din know the reason too...

Back