Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

Hi all,

I am a Sengkang Mummy too with a 4 year old boy.
happy.gif

Would love to join the kite flying session but I had prior arrangement liao.. Do keep me updated should there be future activities.

kite flying is still on~ We will be there ard 5pm at the basket ball court~ PM me for my mobile number if u wanna join us.

AugBoyz,

Need your expertise in blog. What's blog? why some people always tell me...pls add on to their blog..meaning what?

Is it like facebook? you can actually connect with each other? and link to other web??? plssss...i am very newbie in this term of blog.

Hi mummies,

Anyone knows if there any homebased playgroup ( small group of 4-5 )conducted daily with one adult accompanying at punggol area ( Edgedale Plains )

My boy is 20mths old, did enrol him in school ( Talent Plus )but he cried like mad & reject the school, so am looking for homebased one whereby my mum can stay with him during the class.

Appreciate if any mummies who have the above contacts, email me at [email protected]
as i cant check forum very often.

Thanks inadvanced!

MTDT (mtdt) : which cc is ur son attending and how long a day? my son is in pcf , 05 boy , he doesnt know his abc or write his numbers. very worried.
sad.gif

Florence - my boy is in character montessori for fullday cc now.

ur boy is 05 kid? hmm.. he din attend any classes before huh? at home also not expose to any educational stuff? not even TV shows with ABC?

but kids learn v fast. am sure now tat he starts attending sch.. he wld learn v fast.

PCF - they probably hv to cater to "mass public" and assume the kids there start with ground zero with no classes before. thus hv to start from v raw basic. thus they start with just ABC/123 first. they are not wrong given that they are suppose to be the only official kindy in singapore.

but of cos, we all noe, there are alternatives thus those who can afford wld choose alternatives while the others wld go to PCF for their slow n steady pace.

that's how i see it...

Florence,

I'm agreed with MTDT for slow and steady pace at PCF. We need to be proactive in encouraging the kid at home. Usually, i will teach my boy at home also. If i am busy, I will play him educational TV shows or DVD's.

This year, i enrolled him to phonic class for english at Sengkang CC. It turns out very fun for him and he's catching up quite fast.

You could check at sengkang cc, they have quite a lot short courses to cater nursery, K1,K2 up to P4 need. And doesn't cost as much as private enrichment center.

This year my son is K1, i feel K1 is more focus in reading and writing. Nursery time, i felt he's a bit relax. Only number and alphabet recognition. Perhaps don't feel so worry first.

For chinese, ahhhh..my boy got ton of problems! hiii

Hi

Anyone has the reader books used in Punggol Plaza Mind Stretcher Phonics class for sale?

I am looking for intermediate class. Please PM me the titles that you have. thanks

hi, anyone of u have good maids to let go? desperately looking for one to take care of my 4 yr old... pls PM me. tks.

hi mummies

I just got to knw this thread for sk/punggol mummies
currently i have a maid at home but would like to send my ger to childcare but wondering which childcare is good..any recommendations? or any mummies knw how to buy and install cctv

hello hellooo

bit lost liao here :p Lost the thread n my errr hb's laptop :p Crashes.. need ard 1 wk 2 repair
sad.gif

Ok let me see if I can contribute anything..

Rainbow
welcome
happy.gif

Re mustafa
Kres, off course lah can bring ur kids.. but if u wanna bring bb n wanna go on weekend, stroller is not rec :p easier to manouver w carrier
Toys is at B2 level at the new hmmmm, let me think new or old wing uh ?? Mustafa has expand so big so bit confusing for me especially all the wings connected... well guess should say old wing, the newer wing B level is gold if I'm not wrong..

for bday party, some of my friend order fm partypro.com ( need to check again :p ). actually they will b ordering ard this time for our aug bbs bday... anybody wanna join ?

Hi, I have a question which is a bit off key here.

I would like to know more about North Vista Primary School.. Does anyone stay near or has children studying in the school? Can you share your thoughts of the school?

Thanks

Singapore's Night Safari is celebrating her 15th Anniversary this year.
From May 1 - 31, 2009, the entry ticket will be at S$15 (U.P. $22) per adult. Officers can take this opportunity to spend time with their children or loved ones especially with the upcoming school
holidays.
Please use the coupon attached or click on the URL below.

Valid to Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Employment Pass holders only.

Proof of identity required.

Redemption is only limited to a maximum of 5 paxs.

http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/whatsnew/15thAnniversary.htm

Hi all,

Just confirm my pregnancy few days ago, am staying in Sengkang.Will need to learn alot of things from you gals in the future!hee!

hi all,
I wanted to enroll my son PCF to nursery next yr, saw all the -ve comments here, make me worried
sad.gif

My son (born 06) currently in apple tree playgroup, he already know cap and small letter A-Z, 1-20, phonics for A-Z. I have no idea what will he learn in nursery. If repeat again A-Z and 1-20, i'm worried he'll not pay attention to it.

Anyone know any private nursery teaching recognition of chinese character, phonics and how to form word?

Hi,

I would like to know more about Nan Chiau Primary School and Anchor Green Primary School.. Does anyone stay near or has children studying in the 2 schools? Can you share your thoughts of the schools?

Thanks

Wanna share this picture:

I
2471214.jpg

it's quite dangerous to bring lots of packages in one motorcycle.But when we think the other way, life is tough for those people. They might not be able to afford bigger vehicle to deliver the goods. So they are using motorcycle to use it at most. Picture taken in Jakarta recently.

MTDT (mtdt) : He does watch barney and a few such cartoons with abc and 123 in them but like still dun really know or mayb he doesn't wanna say them to be.
sad.gif
I always ask to say 1 -20 , he always run away. He loves mazes and other right brain activites but when it comes to abc and 123 , he run away!
sad.gif

Trying to enrol him for a phonics course at the rivervale cc. they say the course is for 4 - 6 years old (K1) , wonder if he can cope.
sad.gif

Any mummy went to course b4?

Any mummy staying near rivervale plaza?

Can I check with the Seng Kang mommies here...

Anyone collecting the Macdonald's Glass?

I got a extra lime one,thought of anyone can exchange a pink one with me?...

Florence (xiongann), morning breakfast good..!!! =) make it on a sunday and others can join too!
kao_clap.gif

We are going to the Kid's Run @ Padang this Sunday, 24 May 2009. Anyone going?
We 1st time going.. dnt know can wake up that early or not!!!
kao_sticktongue.gif

Florence,
I never enrolled my kid to phonic class at Rivervale Plaza. But i do at the sengkang cc for the phonic class. I think it is good. My boy loves it so much. Now he can read & write simply words like bus, car, van, sun and more.

He is in K1 now. I don't know whether he's capabilities is from school or from the course. But i think the course had done quite a good deed on him. At most of all, He is so happy in the class. He is always excited to go to the class.

Weekend breakfast: count me in!

hi hi..

I am keen for the weekend breakfast too! I stay in Compassvale Street.

Hi Florence, my boy is also in K1. He's attending phonics class at Rivervale CC. He enjoys his class very much. The syllabus seems relatively easy so shouldnt be too difficult for your child.

Hi all mommies here,

My friend will be holding for her wedding in July this yr,she plan to hold a buffet style wedding dinner becos not much of relatives and friends...Actually plan to hold it at Palm resort but change of mind becos of at west side a bit of inconvenience.

Any mommies here got any small restuarant or any room function whereby can hold small wedding function?

Thanks in Advance

Hi mommies
I'm at Rivervale Crescent. Let me know when you are meeting for kite flying again. Would love to join in! Only thing is, hard to predict the weather.

hihi sammi zheng liang !

hello mummies.. finally i have settled down at sengkang east way. my baby girl is now 8mths old.

any babies around her age? hoping to plan some playdates.

btw any SAHM here? email me [email protected]

i m also looking for childcare for my girl. anyone with agape or zion? any feedbacks?

Back