Part Time Cleaner: Is CNY Ang Pow required for both last and 1st service

girlgirl1107

Hi all,
May I check if Ang Pow is required for both last and 1st service ?
I did give my cleaner "kai gong" ang pow on her 1st day of service during CNY for the past 2 years. However, she was not happy that I didn't give her "sou gong" ang pow this year. On the last day of service, she then let me know that her other owners gave me ang pow. She only told me when the gate is closed. I asked her to wait for it, she refused. I wonder if she is asking too much or I am not generous. Frankly speaking, I will give me "kai gong" ang pow.

If you do give ang pow, can you share how much you give ? Thanks!

Note: My cleaner charges $60 for 4 hours. Talk a lot during cleaning. She like to mention that other owners give her Christmas present, gave whichever shoes she likes... etc. This made me buy present for her whenever I go oversea.

Honestly, i dont think i will give. She is basically trying to give you pressure. I am not surprised if she says this to every other household who engages her service, so people feel obliged to give. Kai gong angbao maybe for heng heng, shou gong i wont lor... Of course if her service is really good and we willingly give, then its fine, but not when i am being pressured to give.

Thanks mummybee for your reply. She came back for service yesterday. I gave her ang pow but not to match with the amount that she mentioned others gave her :) If she is not happy, she can don't work for me, I am fine with that. Actually, I am looking for another cleaner aunty. Hopefully can find a local.

Back