Negative Co-worker

hugomum

Wondering any mummies had come across a NEGATIVE Co-worker who almost everyday complain A-Z about the company >> Job, Boss, Benefits, Incentive, Salary, job scope, location, Superior, etc EVERYTHING and keep comparing with her previous companies/ jobs. Nothing is good about our company. I have been trying to explain, talk to her although sometimes I might agree some of the points she had mentioned but I have spent my 2 decades with the company, there is never a perfect job on earth. Have been a year + and nothing seems to change her mindset, she look for job but still cannot"get her "perfect" job, overall she is a nice person but the tonic start to disrupt my mind, I felt bad if I avoid her from now but this had already disturbed my thoughts. I start to get impatient and try to tell her be positive and stop comparing and move on!!! I felt bad about my bluntness but I couldn't hold it anymore.

Last edited:
Well, there are some whom are like that.
I have a colleague whom I worked with for past 5 years.
She's been complaining that this co sucks, complaining about the job, boss, colleagues, everything.. and keep saying want to find a new job..
But guess what, she's with this company for 8 years, and she's still here, complaining...
I already tired of explaining to her.. So just let her be.. Sometimes some just wish to rant...
You don't have to avoid her. Just ignore whatever she say, and smile...

There are two angles of view; 1) she wants pay rise/promotion but wants you to relate to mgmt. 2) she wants you to feel negative and quit so she can take over you.

you are in the right frame of mind. no perfect company in this world. after 2 decades w the Company, your remark should hv some weight w the mgmt.

Colleague w negative attitude can affect your rice bowl. hence you may consider let her go.

You can tel her bluntly that she has 2 choices only. to quit or to stay. let her knows that her constant ranting is a great concern and you will highlight her unhappiness to the mgmt so it can be addressed. thereafter you may see 'progress' in her.

Back