Mummies/SAHM staying at Jurong

hi may,
i tink hor, my gynae burst my water bag then i was put on drip to quicken the contractions. Not sure if its case by case basis leh. U got ask your gynae?

Wah very tricky hor. Maybe have a small celebration at a restaurant or something for your immediate family members, and dun invite ur aunty? heehee

Hi Sept 03 Bride, my inducement was like what u describe lei so i only took less than 5 hour for the whole labour.... Now recall back ar, the pain really damn extreme.... Really dun know how i overcome it! Hahaha

wah karen that's fast leh.
For me, i had to take epi. No choice. Cos my dilation was like not happening, constant 2cm nia. In great pain lor.

Sept
Oh urs is constant 2cm n not having any improvement one ah? I from last wk is 2cm but till now not yet deliver. I wonder whether I will be like u or not, having constant 2cm nia...
Ok will ask my gynae on thurs.

I don intend to invite that aunite lor, but confirm other auntie on gd terms with her one sure will ask her if she is coming over or not...then like tat she oso will know lor, unless I dun invite any of the aunite hehe....

may
or maybe for baby first month you don't invite ur side relatives then only give them cakes lor..in that way they wun turn up??

hi ladies

Anyone remember when is a good time to do a self-pregnancy test? I want to now so that in case need to find out myself first as I have yet to get a family doctor here.

Also I just found out there having a baby here is covered fully under our health plan and I can also claimed my single private bed suite with my extended healthplan and just need to play about C$300 to 450 for a Ob/Gyn for the whole term.

I am also very thankful today as my ds started his first day of preschool and he was so happy to go to school and did not cry when I leave him with his teacher and took 2 photos of him in class and I left before his class started.

hi gals
have not come in here to post as now im taking care of Ted alone. Now he is reaching 3rd mth soon but he is v "sticky"...i have to do housework, cook dinner do the nite feeding etc really feels tired

anyone knw of gd infant care in west area to recommend? my mum may backout again, im a bit pissed off liao cos everytime she promised she will help take care at least one year...but she will grumble tat she duno whether she can tahan cos its tiring bla...although i say she does not need to do housework just taking care of Ted if i go to work. She waivers a lot that i do not have the confidence of going to look for job, i have gut feel that halfway she will give up and i will stuck in between.....Now i haven go to work, testing her to take care Mon to Fri, but many a times she have her own activities and "pontend" and went back....

really feeling a bit burnt out cos no one to help me look after Ted and i really need to go out and earn an income cos need to pay off insurance, etc
Think same problem comes back again
sad.gif
Headache

Hi aspialle

I was looking after my ds alone on my own until ds was about 1 yr old then I do p/t tutorial when my in-laws and my mum help to mind my ds while I take a breather having tuition for a couple of hours for 2 days.

I bought ds out alone since he turned a month old and I was also doing all the housework, cook dinner and nite feeds. I know how tiring it is but hang in there.

The good part is that my dh and I agreed that I should stay home and that we will change our lifestyle and depend on one income. Dh pays for all my insurance. Maybe you can discuss with your husband. As I know infant care is very experience or you can try for bb sitter instead.

My mum also requested that I stop giving her monthly allowance as she thinks that I should stay home for my son (She is a SAHM when my bro was borned and have no regrets looking after us). She insisted that she has saving and my bro was also very supportive that he gives my mum more monthly allowance.

I still give my mum some money whenever I am back in Singapore as we are now outstation in Vancouver.

Karen,
i stay jurong east.. beside shuqun sec there..

May,
u frm last wk till now 2cm?? so giving birth soon anytime right??

Aspialle,
agree w priscilla.. hmm.. my hubby also earn not much.. but we live within our means lor.. feel tat its impt to be by my DS at this stage..

Jac, Karen...all of our home are quite close I mean when I am in Singapore.

Aspialle...I agreed with jacqueline regarding bb's development. If financally allowed, maybe you try to stay home for 18 months before sending bb to childcare which will be much cheaper. I have also read from research papers that it is better to keep the child at home until 3 before sending them to childcare or preschool so that they do not fall sick too frequent.

Hi aspialle , my case is totally opposite from you. My mother want to take care of my gal but my hb and mil not so agreed. Becos i dun wish to let my gal being taking care my mil, so i quited my job and be the full time mother , currently my hb still have enough to cover but sometime also very tide lor, however it is better than my gal being teach nonsense things by my mil ( even though we are staying together).
I also agreed with Jac and Priscilla about the first stage of baby development and i dun wish to miss any one step of it lor , becos as a mother, it is very curcial we infulence our kids to what kind of children.....

Sept 03 Bride, yalor, my gynae also got shock becos it really came too fast! hahaha. Of cos pain la being not using epi! But no choice as i afraid of got side effect ma but i did use the jab and the mask la ( so die die also tahan until the end lor)

Jac and Priscilla, yeah! we are close to each other! Probably can meet up for cups for drinks at the jurong centre! hahaha ( of cos after Priscilla back to sing la!)

Hi all, just to share as my JiaEnn is having her first teeth today! Yeah! Hoping my gal and all the kids in the world grow well and strong!
happy.gif

hi aspialle, there are two infant care centers at JW, one is opposite Jurong point and another one is NTUC JW II at Street 65. NTUC charges S$650 after gov subsidy and the other one charge S$600.

May, hang on there....realx...and wish u a smooth and not so painful delivery!

Karen, feel happy for you.. must mark down today's date hor....
happy.gif

May,
As etelle said, you can opt to give cakes to your relative instead of asking them over for buffet. My hubby's side all live in the east so my inlaw doesnt want to invite them as it is inconvenient for them to come over so we give cakes instead. Hope your dad will not disturb you. Too bad we are not like taiwan which have their own confinement centre for those mummies who give birth. Otherwise we can actually go there for our confinement.
Priscilla,
You have a good brother. So envy you. Too bad me and my brother are not as close. Actually you can try to test one day after your missed period. Hopefully can hear your good news soon.

Karen
So nice to hear ur gal is having her first teeth today...U mentioned that u did the jap n mask, where did the u inject the jap? On tigh?

Jenie/Etelle
But dun invite them oso paisei cos I will still c them on CNY first day, wait they ask me y nv invite them to my hse then how shall I explain then? On the other hand I scare that my dad came up n refuse to leave my hse then how? Even call police oso can't get him out from my hse cos police will say this is family matters n they can't get involved. I have another idea is to still invite those aunites, but I have to inform them not to tell my dad or that aunite that I am throwing the full mth celebration...How how how? U all think like tat can???

Chris
Haha, don feel like hanging on liao leh, wanting to c my precious Austin but he dun wan to come out....hehe...

Jac
Ya lor, dilated 2cm since last thrus (04.01.07), but dunno y until now still not yet give birth...everyday alot of ppl keep calling me ask me give birth already or not...haha...

May
sometimes u cannot be bothered about what people said lor. For my own baby shower my moyher dun want to invite also she just give cakes to her side then only my hubby side came for the baby shower. Its' perfectly fine ah. They asked u just said oh mother side all give cakes la...too far dun want u all to come all the way or whatever reason lor...

its frustrating hor when u want ds to come out and he still happy inside....

May,
haha.. 2cm.. once i was 2cm, my gynae ask me admitted alr.. but me also quite fast..

Karen,
ya! we can meetup! hehe.. actually, my situation kinda same as u.. hehe.. not that im experience lar.. but also dun wan my mil take care.. mum wrking.. and e main impt thing, i want him to grow up as what i had taught him to be.. not any other person.. btw, congrats on JiaEnn having e first teeth!

Hi Jac, GIVE ME A FIVE as we are sharing the same boat! haha. How are u find of being a full time mother?
Me of cos everything superly new to me la... but sometime consult my own mother or mil do teach me kei ( but finally still use modern logic sense to think whether can do or not!) I said so becos something that thought by mil really nonsense and out of my expectation! I know she dun like me not follow her way but i dun care as i insist my way to bring up my gal...

Etelle
Then when u all deliver the cakes to ur mum relatives side? B4 u held the full mth celebration?

Karen
Oh on tigh ah. But I read that by injection of drugs, may cause drowsines or depression of baby's breathing after birth leh, true or not? I think I will go for the mask n tigh ba, try to avoid epi...

Jac
My gynae ask me wan to induce or not lor, but we chose not to at that moment. But today is my edd le, wonder dilated how many cm by now...Gynae may wan me to be induce by today or tmr ba...

Prisc
I think u really went into labour le ba, if not how come no respond from u...I think u deliver earlier than me although ur edd is tmr...

May...I used the epidural, the after effect is that I felt nausea and have no appetite. But I was able to walk about in my single private ward in the late afternoon. And ds was okay, he would suck straight away after the pd check him and the nurse clean him.

Etelle, the jab really cause drowsines lor.... but i turn to concious once the mask being take out ( as it is pushing time!)
Actually inducement is advisable by my gynae if the due date is reach.... hope to hear from u soon! Blessed u.

So scare now, wonder later at night or tmr morning will deliver or not....Now imagining the situation I have to face soon....

May, stay calm ya. you will have a smooth delivery.
Hi pris neo,
The cake looked delicious ya!
happy.gif

feeling cool lei after seeing ur picture taken. Thanks for sharing.

Pris,
i envy u! ive always wanted to see snow.. don't think i will have a chance.. no money to travel..=( the cake seems yummy! haha..

May,
don't worry.. baby too comfortable inside! hehe..

Karen,
ya.. me too.. especially im still very young.. totally inexperience.. sometimes i feel really really stress out.. the more he's growing, the more stress i felt.. but again, when he slp, u look at him, u find that its all worthwhile!! hehe.. care to share what ur mil tell u?? in fact, my mil is e modern one.. while im e "lao gu dong" one.. hehe.. but of course will see situation one lar.. those absurb ones.. of course cannot follow!

jacqueline
i agree with you le..when you see them sleeping and when they smile wow...you feel that whatever you go through however tired you are is sooooooooo worth it hor...hee

pris
yeah lor me also never see snow before...hee maybe to satisfy that "snow" urge go snow city in Singapore hee hee :p

May
don't stress la....see what gynae advise....there is always a time for it all...

Jac...we saved even when we are in Singapore, dh and I bring homecooked food to work....we prefer homecooked maybe habits from school days.

Etelle....it looks beautiful but freezing but it is a nice feeling when it lands on face. Ds loves it....he is going to built snowman today after school

Hi ladies

I have updated my blog with Nara's photos but yet to arrange them and label them.

Here's Ds's snowman built after his preschool when we reach home. And it is part of his preschool theme as well as our homeschooling theme on Winter....

646837.jpg

646838.jpg

646839.jpg

646840.jpg

Here's a song that we sing for this theme using 10 little indian boys tune

one little two little three
little snowmen
four little five little six
little snowmen
seven little eight little nine
little snowmen
ten little snowmen

Hey Jac, I agreed with u too. I feel peaceful when i seeing my gal sleeping! yeah
My mother in law ar, want i dress my gal up with long sleeve in the afternoon and only on the fan to power 1. You know what she said, infant dun feel hot one but only can feel cold! During that time, my gal was sweating! Her's skin is feeling cold becos of the sweat have been dried up and sweating again! I refuse to follow and i explained to her upfront, she dun like lor and went to her bedroom! There are a lot thingslor, i can talk to u when we meet up next time!

Facial
I do provide facial service to your door step. I only charge $25 per pax ( including one scub, one mask and massage).
Pls let me know do make an appointment if you or your friend is interested! Thanks.

May..relax hor...

i forget who wants the info..lost in midst of many unread posts..

Justin's DOB is 15/10/2005

Priscilla...nice pics..where r u now?? i mean which country? can share ur blog?

May
r u in e delivery ward oredi? hee..tot i heard a bb cried this morn..hee..so excited 4 u..rem 2 post ur bb Austin's photos hor..

May,
Don't worry too much. Your health and mental frame is more important. As time comes, you will solve the problem.
Karen,
I agree with you that we have our own method of bringing our child. So the best way is to look after ourselves so as to avoid conflict about the upbringing of the child.
Pris,
What's a beautiful country. Really envy you to have the chance of staying overseas and experience different culture.

Most updated!!!

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age (as of 06)</TD><TD>No. of chn</TD><TD>1st child (MM/YY)</TD><TD>2nd Child(MM/YY)</TD><TD>Add</TD><TD>Occp. </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>AngelaO</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jerald 12/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Brendali</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jerome 07/04</TD><TD>Jayden 07/06 </TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>dal</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jezoir 4.5mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ethan 02/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Jo (Bliss)</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Walt 22 mths </TD><TD>Xander 6 mths</TD><TD>JW St 61</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Karen </TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jiaenn7 Months+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Little_Nana </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kaelyn 5mths+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Prisc</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 61</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Aspialle </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ted 22 days</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL Dr</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Austin 01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Carole</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Clarissa 13 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>West Wood Cres</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ivec 04/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>jenie_1979</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Fionne 06/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>sept03bride</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Caleb 10 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>happychris</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Amber 11/05</TD><TD>Dora 11/05</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>venus_77</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Justin 10/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>doggies_mummy</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jun Heng 09/06</TD><TD>Jun Wei 09/06</TD><TD>JW St 93</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Priscilia</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kai En 3 years old</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

May, congrats! Have a good rest and enjoy bonding with your newborn. Take care and dun worry too much. There is always silver lining after the storm...

May, congrats!!

Etelle, ya! but when he wakes up in the middle of the nite feel like fainting.. wahahaha..=x

Karen, that's what my mum said to me too while i was having confinement!! but i just listen to her lar.. better than him catching cold i guess.. and she more experience mahs.. since she handle 5 kids before.. so i cannot say anything lor.. u do facial for ppl also?? good good!! near CNY i find u for facial!! hehe..

Pris, c the pics, your DS seems to be enjoying himself alot! hehe..

Jac...yes, my ds is always having fun and our homeschooling is also fun. He enjoys his preschool as much as he enjoys his homeschool. So it is a bliss to teach him and to plan the materials and resources for him.

In fact, I was so proud of him that he went happily to preschool on the first day without crying and fuss. And today, he commented that he enjoyed school so much and he loves to study.

I supplement what he learnt in preschool and also train him in Chinese. We have a schedule to follow for each day and he enjoys every bit of it as much as he is having fun playing with his toys.

Jac, co-sleep with him and do attachment parenting. We are still co-sleeping with Kai.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age (as of 07)</TD><TD>No. of chn</TD><TD>1st child (MM/YY)</TD><TD>2nd Child(MM/YY)</TD><TD>Add</TD><TD>Occp. </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>AngelaO</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jerald 12/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Brendali</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jerome 07/04</TD><TD>Jayden 07/06 </TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>dal</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jezoir 4.5mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ethan 02/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Jo (Bliss)</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Walt 22 mths </TD><TD>Xander 6 mths</TD><TD>JW St 61</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Karen </TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jiaenn7 Months+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Little_Nana </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kaelyn 5mths+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Prisc</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 61</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Aspialle </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ted 22 days</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL Dr</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Austin 01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Carole</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Clarissa 13 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>West Wood Cres</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ivec 04/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>jenie_1979</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Fionne 06/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>sept03bride</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Caleb 10 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>happychris</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Amber 11/05</TD><TD>Dora 11/05</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>venus_77</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Justin 13 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>doggies_mummy</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jun Heng 09/06</TD><TD>Jun Wei 09/06</TD><TD>JW St 93</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Priscilia</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kai En 3 years old</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>vodkager</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jabez</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JE St 21</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Most updated!!!

woo... our group getting bigger...

Hihi me MIA for a while le... paiseh me not at home la.. for ard 7 to 8 days lo... DH outstation again....

wow me reali miss a lot... feel so lost haha...

Congratulations May

Here's what we had for our Japanese day dinner at home. Recipes can be found in my blog soon.

Gyoza

649004.jpg

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skinless Drumsticks
649005.jpg

Chawanmushi (Japan basically has three types - 1) Prawn, 2) Crab and 3)Scallop)

I am using Prawn together with Scallop.
649006.jpg

All these are served with rice, miso soup and a simple salad.

Priscilla
Wow..looking at ur dishes makes my mouth water..hee..

Congrats May..look forward to u posting ur birth story soon!

Shylyn and Jenie, just simple meal that we have. We seldom eat out as the food are too oily and have lots of MSG.

I am sure all of you are great cook too.

Priscilla
heheh..thks for having confidence in my cooking..sad 2 say, i dun hv many chances 2 demonstrate cos my mil &amp; mum are both great cooks..so i saved e trouble of cooking..hee..
yeah..its always gd to cook yourself rather than eating out..dunno what they put into their cooking..

Back