Mummies in Pasir Ris

Hi PR mummies...

Glad to chance upon this thread... Hope to get to know you mummies...

I'm currently a SAHM since last Nov to ds1 who is 4.5 yrs old and ds2 who is 17 months old... Am staying along dr 6 just beside the fishing pond.... anyone stays around here....?? actually is my mum's place... have been looking around for a flat here but still cant find one that I like and within my budget...

Read somewhere in this thread that you gals are planning for an informal playgroup...? Would be keen to join if time and place is convenient...

BTW, anyone sends your child to Bethesda PR Kindergarten? Any feedback?

Also, do you know of any playgroup programs in this area for my ds2 to attend like 2-3 times per week...?

welcome hosanna!
kao_welcome.gif

welcome hosana.. I heard Bethesda is alwasy very "hot" very hard to get a place there, so must be good ba?

Hey ladies.. just wanna ask, for primary school registration, anyone did PV? U think it is necessary to do?

Hi YK,

depending on the sch u wanna to enrol ur kids...some schs hv PV and some dun hv....also if hv PV and if u stay within the 1km or 2 kn...think u hv sort of 2 chances in case need to ballots....kia su a bit....

Hi YK,

Regarding primary school registration, you stand a better chance if you pv and stay within 2km for very hot schools like St Hilda's... I think in pr, better schools like white sands or pasir ris Pri all ballot within 1km...

Have check out Bethesda... Yah I heard it's popular... I'm enquiring for pre nursery next year...

Hi Char,

so is your gal attending school now?

I stayed within 1km for Pasir Ris Pri & White Sand Pri. Seems like both also need to ballot for within 1Km.. now deciding between the 2 and also considering if worth to do PV or not. Anyone got any comments for this 2 pri sch? Any mums here did PV before?

YK,

If I stay within 1km of the 2 good schools..am ok with either one...u can do PV for both schs bt u can only register once for the sch u want....since these 2 schs are popular in PR...it will be best if u do PV...
happy.gif

YK, my frd was telling me among all the primary sch in pasir ris... Elias primary sch is the best... i'm actually looking at Elias Primary Sch, whitesand or pasir ris primary sch...

YK,

When would u need to register your child? Bear in mind that u need to do so 1 year before the registration date and chalk up at least 40 hours... Well, if you want a sure place in the school of your choice, pv will be an almost guaranteed place in these schools....

Jocelyn,
I have not heard Elias Pri being the best in PR lei... always white sands and pasir ris pri... And if you look at the registration figures for past years, it's always these 2 schools which needs balloting...

hosanna,
my gal is in PCF, pre-nursery.

today talking about pri sch enrolment ah. sounds stressful wor. i've got about 3yrs more then start to worry. :p

lbs,
you on biz trip or holiday?

hi, sorry to disturb...

would like to check whether any1 have comments for Sparktots childcare (located at Blk 412) and little skool (located at blk 637)? Plannig to switch my girl to another childcare centre.

Thank you.
happy.gif

Hosanna, need to register next yr, so this yr must sign up for the PV soon.

Jocelyn, I checked up another forum.. Pasir Ris and White Sand is always the 2 top ranking sch in PR area, in terms of results wise and popularity. Your gal same yr as mine right? Hv u made any decision yet?

YK, yr gal in 2006, rite?? how come so fast need to enrol her liao...

actually, my hubby want to enrol loyang pri... bcos nearer to my hm, but if compare whitesand & loyang, i prefer whitesand..... most likely i will enrol her to whitesand.... then maybe our gals r classmates... good leh... hahahaha.....

hi, read from the mummies previous post... some of the children is in CARPE DIEM located at blk 129.

I just went there today to have a look. Looks pretty good except area small.

Mummies, can share yr views on this centre? Thank you.

My ger 2005 lah.. keke.. me also thinking of White Sands.. will go pick up the PV form tomorrow. I been to both sch websites.. WS looks nicer! keke, and more convenient fr my house.

Auroa, my ger is fr CD.. we are quite happy with the sch.. my ger loves going there. Area is not that small lah, at least compare to my sons' cc, i find it ok liao! keke.. I like the sch blogs, at least we kn wat's going on in the sch fr the blog.

oic... so yr ger is K1 this yr lah... no wonder u hv to register next yr... must do PV then can get into the sch meh.... alamak... then i die liao... i working leh... where to find time to do pv???

hi YK, thanks.. my gal feels very comfortable and went in to join the morning session while they are waiting for the rest to come to start class... think i will enrol her there since she seems to like it...
happy.gif

Hi YK,

My ds also 2005 one so next year need to register too....

WS more convenient lah as it is along main road compared to PR...

Anyone of your kids in kindergarten or nursery (not childcare one)? Any feedback of any in PR?

Auroa, glad that ur gal likes it there.. it's just too bad CD is rather far fr my house, if not I will enroll my twin sons there too.

Hosanna, ya, WS is more convenient and I went to sign up for the PV today! Staff there are so friendly! So how abt u? Do u need to do PV? Decided on pri sch yet?

Jocelyn, go talk to the in charge of the pri sch, they shld hv some activities suitable for working mums too. If u r keen in WS, let me kn, I can pass u the contact of the PIC.

YK, you're so on and I'm super lazy!! just kpo, what are you supposed to do for PV huh? My hb's colleague just went for a briefing at Catholic High and complained that the list of things they're supposed to do is atrocious!

Auroa, my boy is in carpe diem too, agree on the space constraint but overall, we're quite satisfied with the sch. Now that they have introduced the blog and teachers do make an effort to update it very regularly, at least I know exactly what he does in sch

bao,

I ordered b4 for C 2yrs old...home made...by malay lady and can request less sweet etc...collection at Tampines...
happy.gif

Bt I need to search the contact for u
happy.gif

thanks! i came across this online one called cupcakesmomma but collection in woodlands. theirs look very good but she hasn't replied to my enquiry, hehehe

bao,
cupcakesmomma design is nice nia but not yummy at all.
very sweet & super dry. my cupcake is better...kee keee keee.
dun bother to go all the way to Woodlands.

hi Yk, only yr gal is in CD? that means u need to fetch yr sons and gal separtely? wow... tiring leh... although i only got 1 child.. just to get her home is like strolling in the park.. seems to take long to go home.. .heheehee...

Glad to know that CD got good reviews... makes me feel secured... i'm a FTWM... so a good childcare is very impt... guess all mummies feels the same...
happy.gif

bao,
tkz for the good lobang
happy.gif

i am a fan le....maybe order for Meg's bday end of the year.

pls feedback should you order from them ya.

lianrongbao, u looking for cupcakes? i did a search for my girl whose birthday in march... did my homework from dec 09 onwards... I ordered from Yan from littlegems and she posted my girl mini cupcakes design at the SMH .. my girl name is Jiamin. Birthday cake ordered from cake love cuture and their new shop is going to open soon. Both are nice malay ladies.
happy.gif

Share with u on my findings/search that i did.
- Http://www.mylittlegems4u.com by Yan - ordered from her 2 times. Not too sweet. design - simple and nice. Delivery to all areas at no additional charge.
Her BP link at SMH @ http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3227864.html?1269995961
- cupcakesmomma - sent her 2 emails enquiry but no reply... gave up in the end
- http://www.cherylshuen.com/ - very beautiful design and talented cake artist. featured in TVs be4. price is high, can choose this if u dun have budget.
happy.gif

- http://www.hotfuchsiacakes.com/ - featured in magazines. found the design is very nice and beautiful but no delivery provided.
- http://cupcakedivinity.blogspot.com/2010/02/orders-or-enquiries.html - sent her 2 emails but no reply and i gave up.
- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore/Cake-Love-Couture/159404631355 - does cupcakes and cakes design. Found it very nice.

Althernatively can look at the Kiasu website at http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/childrens-birthday-cakes which shows a list of birthday cakes and cupcakes. Some got very nice and beautiful design.

Bao, u might as well order fr mbb! keke..

Juxta, PV ah.. err.. road marshal, reading stories, helping with Maths tuition, excursion, painting walls etc? I think it depends on the sch ba, I hv heard some even got gardening. So hv u decided where to send S?

I'm actually too lazy to go do PV too, but for my future convenience and plus pressure by all ard me.. no choice, got to push my self to go do something..

YK,
wow! the PV duties is quite siong! imagine, painting walls for 40 hours.....i m supposed to reg for PV tis year too but am too lazy.

how much sunblock i end up having to use if i were given road marshal duties. keee keee keee.

my cupcake is moist nia but buay suey
happy.gif

Juxta,
so which sch are u sending S?

lately, i am very very lack of slp.
Aly is teething....she cant slp thru like b4 & only wans me to rock her
sad.gif

paiseh, cant have the 2A's meetup yet.

mbb,

Meg is in N2 now right? why u need to reg for PV this yr? thot reg for PV when the kid is in K1? unless some schs requries 80 hrs then u hv to do PV in N2.

which sch u enrolling meg?

YK/mbb, 40hrs, can we just do 8hrs x 5 days and quickly get it done and over wiht? hahah

well well, I dun have much choice when it comes to pri sch liao, is all a matter of luck and chance. So if no better choice, we'll send him back to St Stephen's. Then I'll have to do PV for A! Getting preggie last year is the best excuse for covering up my laziness.

tell me about the lack of sleep, A also teething and is taking forever to come out, she hasnt been sleeping thru since last nov. waking up at least once a night to make some noise. And worst is those crying fits, when i'm too tired to try coax her back to zz, i'll end up latching her some nights, just try to minimise it, dun want to turn it into a habit.

Haha.. i think if u are too busy to volunteer for regular PV duties, they can help by assigning u more hrs per duty, like for excursions, can clock more hours in 1 time, and if ur hubby is doing with u, it is X2! I just came back fr my very first PV duty.. reading.. helping the weaker students with their reading. I am so stress now,I thought the students were doing quite well, and was surprise to learn that they are actually the weaker ones!

mbb, dun wory abt sun lah, can volunteer for not so "siong" activities, like reading, decorating the sch hall etc. Painting is actually in an air-conditioned room! But I dun think I am that artistic enuff to volunteer for that after seeing wat the previous batch of PV did to the wall! It was really nice!

Juxta, if u are not going for WS and PR, I think for the rest of the sch in PR, it is still quite ok, no balloting require for those staying within 1km.. me no choice, cos the nearest 2 pri sch happens to require balloting for those staying within 1km, bo bian, hv to do pv to ensure G gets in.

YK, wah so fast got PV duty liao ah, how many hours u spent? when u say weak, how weak is weak, P1 students ah?

oh hb can do together huh, hehehe good then can faster get it done and over with.

If I really decide to do PV, will definitely make sure the school is at least worth my effort loh, anyways talk only, lets see few years later hehehe

aiyoh, so stressed to see all the pri school issues! now i need to find 2 members of the Hokkein Huay Kuan first, hehehehehe... need to register myself with 2 'sponsors'. anyone wanna sponsor me? LOL

bao,
u need to get senior member then can sponsor you hor.
sorry...cant help u.

YK,
like Juxta, if i really need to PV...will not be PR & WS primary.
cant justify my 40 hrs.
fyi, tis yr PR primary dun need to ballot for within 1km. only last 2 yrs nia....dun know why so hot tat 2 yrs.

Nuah,
for really "hot" sch, tis is the yr i need to reg for PV in order to be shortlisted.

mbb,

u not choosing PR and WS then which sch in PR u doing PV?

even "hot" sch and not within 1km lagi diff to shortlisted leh....within 1km and doing Pv stands a better chance

Nuah/Juxta,
i am clueless now.
my hb wanna move but cant decide where.

i am attending Methodist church, so it's either we aim any of the Methodist girl sch or i juz cross my fingers tat without PV, Meg can still get into PR or WS primary.

mbb,

paya laber methodist is a very good sch....my cousin also attending methodist church and even wrote in for Pv bt no reply...except St hilda's replied him....

nowsaday, parents are so stress with school!!

mbb, how did u kn that this yr no balloting is required? Fr wat I understand, for the past few yrs (2009 and before), balloting is always required for within 1km for PR & WS.. aiyo hope i didn't waste my efforts..

Juxta, actually I went to the sch yday with the intention to pick up the form and slowly decide if I will sign up or not. But the in charge was really keen for me to start asap.. so ok lor, since I am more "free" nowadays, better get it over and done with asap.. I volunteered for 1 hr session weekly (seems like the most simple task and not under the hot sun! haha)

Err.. this class is P2, they seen quite ok with the reading materials that were given to them, most can read abt 97% of the words. Even with the 3% of the wordings, usually they just need some hinting, they will manage to read it.. so I was very surprise when I was told they were weak, or probably the ones that I see are the better ones among the weakest?!

Back