Mummies in Pasir Ris

char : PPS is free . U can download the software online.

YK . I let My girl skate when she is 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRK1uuurfs
now she can skate well too.
she like outdoor sports
happy.gif

hi ladies, thanks for the infor on CD. I'm quite assured that's it a good childcare centre. Previously wanted to enroll there as my girl previous childcare centre closed down and sold to a new mgt. As my girl can't bear to part with her form teacher and friends (they hug together and cried).... so we decided to stay on... recently there's alot of issues with the new mgt that we decided that it's time to move her out... sigh... long story...

Btw, are your kids full time or half time at CD?

I'm planning to start my girl at CD half time for this year... she will be in the toddler class and next year will move to N1 class.....

You girls have frequent meet out? Want to count me in? I'm have a home based biz ... so my working hrs quite flexible... but hor, for this week, i can't come out as my girl got viral fever and still recovering (although fever gone but still got cough and running nose)... think she will stay at home for this week... she been absent from school for a week now...

btw, can advice whether pasir ris got good dentist for toddlers?

my girl complaint tooth pain... she dun like to brush teeth and always try to avoid it whenever we tried to get her to brush her teeth...

hi aurora,
looks like no choice gotta force her down and brush her teeth. she reminds me of my nephew (3.5yo) who always runs away when it comes to brushing teeth and most of his teeth show sign of decay. recently he went for 4 fillings liao. think from then onwards he is more cooperative when brushing teeth.

hi char, we did force her....even use cane to "force" her into the toilet and she unwillingly took the toothbrush and "brush"... i noticed that she just take the toothbrush and "suck" and said... "I'm done"....

she even got plague at 2 of her side teeth liao... i not surprised if she got tooth decay at her age... already telling her that if she dun brush her teeth, hve to bring her to see dentist who will "take out" all her teeth since she doesn't like to eat solid food and brush her teeth... at first, it works and she runs off to brush... after some time, it doesn't work anymore.. sometimes feel that i need to outsmart her and need to think of "new ideas"... heheheee..

but u all ok if i come out at ard 11pm bo? if go far away then very difficult leh..hehehe...unless u all need to wait for this 'opposite cindella'

auroa
come come...we all dun mind to meet new mummies!!! we all welcome with open arms...but be warned...we are a bunch of 'crazy n loud' mummies...wahahahha...*oops. or me only*

aurora,
after she brush you tell her you need to check and brush for her again to make sure her teeth are clean.
happy.gif

dsii,
how come so late?

thanks ladies... let you all know when my girl is able to go back to school ... then i will be able to jalan jalan liao...
happy.gif

Auroa> Your girl complain tooth pain ah?
That's what happens to my 6YO son too in March, it was getting more and more painful and his face was frowning so much that I had to feed him Panadols.

We had to bring him to My Dentist Clinique
http://www.streetdb.com/singapore-street-directory-MEDICAL-p460204-MY-DENTIST'S-CLINIQUE.htm
and found out he had a very bad decay and was advised to do Root Canal (faintz, I’ve never done a root canal and now my poor boy is going to go through it.....so scary!!)

I didn't know of any child-friendly dentist in Pasir Ris as I have just shifted here not long.

My Dentist Clinique was recommended by his school.

1st visit to the My Dentist Clinique was to introduce him to the dentist chair, buttons, light, auto water dispenser and polishing of his teeth with bubble gum flavoured gel.

I was pretty impressed with the assurance that they provided so he was not frighten at all.

2nd trip the dentist jabbed to numb him (he didn't even know, dentist coax him and tell him stories to make him close his eyes mah) then did root canal.

3rd and 4th trip also root canal therapy and follow up.

They were all a breeze.
Phew.......I was more tensed and kan cheong.

With this toothache experience, he remembered the pain he suffered. He brushes his teeth very diligently and have sweets moderately now.....er sometimes he needs to be reminded too lah.....

dsii> Wo you lai le........heheheheh
The school only sends back the Yellow Parent's Copy of the P1 Application, there's no indication which house group or class.
Maybe later on when we go orientation then we know bah....

BTW, what do you suggest?
1) How many sets of School Uniforms should I buy?
2) How many sets of PE Attire should I buy?
3) How many pairs of School Shoes and Socks must I buy, all white hor?
4) What brand of school shoes do you suggest?
5) Do I need to buy a additional pair of sports shoes?
6) Should I buy a big school bag that can accomodate lots of books?
The teacher says P2 onwards that they will get to use lockers to store their books.
(His dad bought him a medium size army/military looking haversack, faintz.....looks like he's going to be trained to be a soldier/terrorist)

Auroa>

MY DENTIST'S CLINIQUE
204 Bedok North Street 1 Singapore 460204
Dr. Alex Chua
Tel: 64418887

He has a female dental assistant (forgot her name) she will be the one doing the familiarization and polishing of teeth for your child.
Dr. Alex Chua did my son's root canal and fillings.....and mine too (family members get 5% off), hehehe.

wenlim...

wah..so nice ah? p2 has lockers? my boy p3 and is 3/4 yrs liao....no lockers yet...

1) How many sets of School Uniforms should I buy?
<font color="ff0000">depends on how many days of PE lessons ur boy will hv .. i remember p1 time i bot 3 sets sch uniform and 2 sets PE attire...but i used only 2 sets of uniform...cos i washed clothes every day..and the prices of the uniform depends on ur boy's size de..the bigger u are..the more ex...</font>

2) How many sets of PE Attire should I buy?
<font color="ff0000">depends de..but hor every term break...during the 1st 2 days of sch holiday...they will hv sale of uniforms...so hor if not enuff u can go back sch n purchase again...so u can buy 2 sets each and then buy again when u think wither one not enuff</font>

3) How many pairs of School Shoes and Socks must I buy, all white hor?
<font color="ff0000">yes, white socks..u can purchase their sch socks with their logo EPPS during buy books/uniform days...and last yr they started to sell sch shoes there too..hahaha...depending u wanna buy from them or buy outside urself..</font>

4) What brand of school shoes do you suggest?
<font color="ff0000">hmmm i dunno leh...i bot from west plaza shoe shop...cheap cheap de...one pair ard $13
+ hehe...if spoilt liao i buy again loh...usually one pair can last abt 6-8mths... i hv 2 pairs...in case on rainy days 1 pair wet...he can hv another spare the next day...</font>

5) Do I need to buy a additional pair of sports shoes?
<font color="ff0000">i didnt leh...my boy 1 pair walk round the world..even now he joined volleyball...oso that same old pair sch shoes...</font>

6) Should I buy a big school bag that can accomodate lots of books?
<font color="ff0000">sch bags ah...hmm..no need too big lah...u think 'pao lu' meh? get those standard size sch bags...too big oso he very cham leh..hv to carry heavy n big bags...used the one the daddy bot 1st loh...if he thinks too small then buy another new one de...cos u dunno his form teacher onz bo...whatever oso must bring to sch...</font>

The teacher says P2 onwards that they will get to use lockers to store their books.
(His dad bought him a medium size army/military looking haversack, faintz.....looks like he's going to be trained to be a soldier/terrorist)

dsii> ok sure, thank you hor
happy.gif

BTW you free on thurs/fri daytime or not, want to plan for a meet up with the rest of the mummies for brekkie/brunch/lunch or tea?

dsii> wah thanks leh, you very hao mama leh, best ah!! So informative.
Nan dao the teacher pian wo.....he told me from P2, they can use lockers lieow...Hmpf...
I shall listen to you and use daddy's bag and see how 1st.

juxta> Information provided in red, please KIV for your reference too
happy.gif

Wenlim i can for breakfast .heehee. Cos Ian in sch i can makan n in peace Hahaha. So juxta, nana, yk,sheron, lbs can Bo?

Hahaha u asked Mah then i just answered watever i can know.

Yami. Hahaha alamak. . Exams i got phobia leh. Last time myself now my boy. Sianz.
Btw, my fren received the rose pens. I am getting from her most likely tomorrow nite. Which tower u staying ah?

Dsii dahling....how come u use everybody's nick but mine you put name big big huh? keeee keee keee

i cant show face tis week. sniffing away and losing my beautiful voice.

hi Wenlim, i hve called up the clinic... Dr Alex Chua not around and the lady said that he handles "complicated cases only"... she's refering me to a lady dentist who handles young children... hope she's good... keeping my fingers crossed...
happy.gif

Hi Auroa, cool diaper gifts!
I will KIV and order from you when my gf puncture next Jan/Feb.

Yeah, the lady dentist is Carrie!
She's good with kids.
She also goes to Child Care Centres/Kindergarten to give dental talks.
She's the one who handled my son during his 1st and 2nd visits.
Your girl is in good hands
happy.gif
Don't worry.

dsii,
Meet for breakfast on Friday 10am - can?
Where to meet ah?
White Sands McDonalds?

mbb2,
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Do get well and be more beautiful again soon!

hi wenlim, just got back from the clinic... she's good and patient... at first my girl quite co-operative and let her examine.. later the dentist starts to clean up the plague and she feel uncomfortable and doesn't want to continue... the dentist said that my girl quite good and can understand the instructions given.. anyway, it's not tooth decay (luckily).. it's the back molars coming out but she have lots of plague which eventually will show signs of decay if she dun take care... ya.. let me know if you interested in the diaper gifts...
happy.gif

the nauhcouple, i heard from my friend (who used to run a rental toy co) that jumperoo doesn't lasts as bb tends to jump alot and after sometimes (think it's the spring or something like that) will not last for long but it's super good if u have super active bb .. can keep bb busy burning engery till it exhausts out.. heeehhee..... whereas, the excersaucer is good for bb to explore as it turns and there are some good types which got good activity like turning the balls, shapes, etc...it's good for bb who are curious and there lots of fun involved but hor as bb grows, bb will not be able to fit inside it... cons and pros lah...

Hi Auroa,

thks...my bb is coming to 4 mths and thot of getting one of those for her...if she feels so bored lying down on her rocking chair or in the playpen...lol....as for jumperoo, I thot not very good as bb will tends to tip toe next time...

nuahcouple, ya, i agree that bb might tip toe next time... maybe shd get the eversaucer.. previously i thought of getting one but hubby said no... not enough space for it... sigh... i saw my friend's bb having lots of fun with it and my girl saw it (she was abt 1 yr old) and wants one for herself but din buy for her as soon she will outgrown it as she already 1 yr old..

Hi the nuahcouple

When my bb girl turns 4 months old, I rented the Exersaucer monthly consecutively for 3 months.
Friends have told me I should have purchase an Exersaucer for the amount I spend on renting.

For me, I prefer my bb girl to be exposed to variations and I don't need to have a gigantic toy lying around the house after she out grows it.
It has adjustable 2 to 3 heights depending on your bb's height.

The Exersaucer is good for bb's physical development, mental simulation and motor skills development.
She will learn to stand and start balancing, if tired, bb can sit.
It’s a really great invention to keep the bb occupied and bb is able to learn and develop through play. It not only made my bb very happy &amp; excited, as parents, we just to love to see the happiness and smiles on her when she is enjoying herself in the Exersaucer.

I rented it from the Company Rent-That-Toy (Elaine)
http://www.rent-that-toy.com/showToys.php?cat_id=1

It’s clean and in new condition, all the toys on the Exersaucer are intact and in good working condition.
Free delivery for rental amount above $35.
I will still wipe and clean the Exersaucer with those organic sprays before I let her play.
Kiasu and Safer lah…..

I have rented in order:

1) Evenflo Foldable Activity Center Ultra Exersaucer @ $48.00/month
http://www.rent-that-toy.com/ToysInfo.php?id=101

2) Evenflo Exersaucer Mega 1-2-3 Tea for Me @ $48.00/mth – My BB &amp; My Favourite!!
http://www.rent-that-toy.com/ToysInfo.php?id=165

3) LeapFrog Learn &amp; Groove Activity Station @ $42.00/month
http://www.rent-that-toy.com/ToysInfo.php?id=114

Initially I was quite hesitant, not sure if my bb will like to be inside.
We started off by putting her in there for 5 mins, slowly….10mins…..slowly…..20 mins…

We place it just outside the kitchen when my maid needs to cook, she will stay in there enjoying herself spinning, rocking and playing, pulling and biting the toys (that’s why I have to wipe and clean with organic spray) while my maid cooks in the kitchen.

It’s really fun, I hope you will let your bb give it try
happy.gif

hi mummies, can i join this thread as well?

i just moved in to loyang area, any mummies here as well?

i figured loyang quite near pasir ris hehe. btw im looking for childcare centre near my place. my girl is 14 months so too young for playgroup but i dont want to send to infantcare cos quite pricey since only for a few months. was considering between discovery kidz and pitter patter. any mummies with experience for either?

char/dsii
my right eye tio red liao, cannot meet up at night le cos cannot be wearing my sun glass bah?

very de sian

lbs
hahahahha....u poor mummy..nevermind..next round bah...think u cant join us for breakie too hor?

caramelle
hihi welcome welcome...join us no prob...we hv mummy who is staying in toa payoh too...heheheh

Hi weilim,

thks for the info....also am still deciding if to rent as bb is in the infant care from 9am till 6pm 5 days a wk...not much chance to use when at home......hmmmm hmmmm

Hi Caramell,

welcome here

hehehe....lucky my fren jio me oso..hehehe...

very nice..i like them too...hopefully ian's teachers will love them too..

Back