MMI @ katong shopping centre

not yet, coz my granny just passed away a few days ago so quite tight up then. think will probably drop by next week.

in fact i did call up D seeds learning House at katong mall. was told that they hv not gotten any notification from the landlord to move out of the premises.

hv u enquire brightstar child development at suntec? seems not bad to me but they only hv half day program for playgroup which is 18mths to 3yrs. for nursery class to K2, its all full day program. thats my main concern, coz since i'm a sahm, i dont wish to put my girl there whole day.

oh... suntec city is too too far from me la.... moreover got to pay ERP everyday will die n my hubby dont work at city area too.....and also mostly likely i will be working at Gillermard Road area when sch reopen so MMI still not very far from there
happy.gif

yeah, got ERP lor, its only good if hubby or yourself working in town.
u working in guillemard area? u in teaching industry? sorry, if u dont mind me asking.

oh.... no la i'm not in teaching industry la... but i work in Kong Hwa Sch as a Dental Therapist
happy.gif
i'm someone who all e students r scared off.... hehee

wow .. actually i kinda suspect u working in Kong hwa since u mention "school reopen" keke... i'm one of those who scared of the dentist during school days
biggrin.gif

does your son hv priority to study there then?

i finally went to chen li yesterday. its a decent kindergarten but would be my no choice choice. the only advantage is within walking distance fr my place.

i'm very scared of dentist during my sch days too..... :p
i'm not sure whether my son will have priority to enter there or not cos i'm not a sch staff but my first priority is to let my son get into Maha Bohdi sch cos is within walking distance from my house. But Maha Bohdi also very very difficult to get in.....

oh ya Maha Bohdi is also one of the popular ones which is very difficult to get in. maybe u can check with kong hwa if u hv such priority, as a back up, incase really cant get in Maha Bohdi.

for me, if i still stay around here, then will try kong hwa. i'm actually hoping to move back to marine parade/ katong area.

Kong Hwa is a good sch too but a bit far from my place....
so u used to stay in marine parade/katong area?? now u stay with ur MIL??

of coz Maha Bohdi is so much nearer for u but since u working in Kong Hwa, can go to school together with your boy
biggrin.gif

my last house is in marine parade. i dont stay with my IL. i moved over here, which is very near my mum's place after i gave birth so she can help me look after my #1 when i was working part time in the morning. its just next blk so its more convenient & not so tiring for her to travel. i like the community & ppl in marine parade. over here, the ppl are more rowdy.

hihi......
didnt have time to come in recently cos my boy is down with HFMD....caught e virus at my bro's wedding
sad.gif

i'm very busy looking after him cos i want maid to solely look after my little girl whereas i look after my boy so tat they wont have a chance to get close contact..........
so how r u???

oh dear, hope your boy gets well soon. must be tough for u too. do take care.
i'm also worried my girl will kenna once she starts school, but i guess sometimes its really beyond our control.

i hv been quite occupied too, trying to wean my boy off the sarong. i now put him in the rocker, but his nap time is reduced. thot gradually will pat him to sleep in the bumper mat. your girl naps in sarong?

i never let her sleep in sarong.... usually we carry her to sleep then put her on e bed/mattress/rocker.
my boy did sleep in e sarong when he is ard 2 months old cos at tat time he super colicky so me n hubby went to buy sarong to try out but in e end he still refuse to sleep in e sarong so we have to carry him till he sleep then put him in e sarong....waste our money buying e sarong...

actually i didnt let my girl sleep in sarong last time too, will carry & rock her to sleep. but this time i gave in to my mum's request coz she said it will make bb sleep/ nap longer which i think its very true. my boy naps longer compared to my girl. but i know its difficult to wean off as they grow older thats why now slowly try to wean him off.

my mum also ask me let my boy n girl sleep in sarong.... but i still insist my way...haha cos ihave a friend who children sleep in sarong, her 2nd boy need to be rush home during naptime no matter where they are if not he will cries n scream till he reach home n be put into e sarong... then now her 3rd boy dont cry during naptime when he is outside but will not be able to sleep throughout e whole outing even he is very tired cos e maid dont know how to rock him to sleep as e maid is too too dependent on e sarong.....

thats my concern too, worried cant sleep without sarong. but still finally gave in to my mum coz we want our boy to sleep/ nap longer. my elder girl last time only naps for 30mins, really cant do much housework, the most just finish washing the nappies & she's awake liao.

my boy now also cant sleep long when we are outside, only 30mins of cat nap. i hv already remove the sarong but still hv to put him in the rocker to sleep. hv tried moving him to the bumper mat after he's asleep but my attempt yesterday failed! think hv to let him fall into deeper sleep then can move him. at night is so much easier as he falls asleep on his own after his last feed, wish nap time is this easy.

hi jamie,

finally i went back to attend e mother toddler class yesterday after 1 month of MIA.... at e same time i have done e registration for my boy. They are not moving out so soon.... according to Rin(e admin staff) they will not be moving out so soon..... anyway their price increase liao... after subsidy for full day cc is $695 n for half day is $625.

elaine
glad that your son is well liao. its my daughter's turn to kenna HFMD. had fever since last week & doc at first diagnosed her to hv herpes but gradually she start to hv rashes too. she's at the recovering stage now but i'm worried my son will kenna since i didnt know its HFMD initally. symptons wont show now so hv to monitor till this fri lor
sad.gif

aiyo, everything increase! actually i also expect them to increase price since govt increase their subsidy.

oh.... i can fully understand ur worries cos is exactly like wat i experience when i found out my boy got HFMD moreover my boy loves to kiss his meimei's face.
most important now is to really try to separate both of them. after u touch ur girl or her thgs pls wash ur hands thoroughly before carrying ur boy. if ur clothes got ur girl's saliva pls change before carrying ur boy cos u know la.... baby loves to grap our clothes then put their hand's into their mouth. PD told me once our baby swallow e infected person saliva he/she will get e HFMD.....

take care n be more careful.... PLS remember to wash ur hands before u eat n also do not share ur girl's food for e time being......

elaine
i think my boy may hv kenna liao coz already got some red spots on his face. already brought him down to see PD but since its still very preliminary & no fever, can only monitor him for the time being. am trying my best to separate them & even separate wash their clothings. my hubby & myself also scare may kenna as i do share my girl's food before she's diagnosed HFMD, but at least we adults immune system is much stronger compare to my boy. just hope everything will be fine soon ...

since your boy is starting full day at MMI next mth, will u still contd the mother toddler class?

jamie,
go buy a bottle of dettol to wash the clothes n also clean e toys.

once my boy start e fullday cc then we will stop e mother toddler class anyway my boy will only attend e cc in jan 09 cos hubby planning for for a trip in dec so we dont want to waste our money sending him to e cc for only 1/2 month then plus all e holidays next month he will only be able to attend a few days so so not worth.

usually i only use baby liquid cleanser to wash, ok? i tot dettol too strong, esp after wash, everything will go into their mouth.

wow, whereabout u heading for holiday? u bringing your girl along too?

elaine
both are fine now tks! lucky my boy didnt kenna
happy.gif
most probably i will put my girl back in the mother toddler class in jan. just hope that the new premises wont be too far off.

Sindy
yes they are gg to shift but not so soon.

guess due to the current bad situation, the developer who bought over the shopping centre probably hv no plans to redevelop yet.

hi jamie,
Sindy is rite... they r not moving yet..... hopefully dont move so so fast. Jamie we wont get to see each other again cos i'll stop e mother n toddler class, today will be my last day attending cos last wk is e last lesson for e year but i wont be ard. btw they have increase e mother n toddler class fees to $130 per month for 4 lessons.

Sindy is ur child studying in MMI Katong?? my boy starting N1 full day in jan 09...

elaine
yeah, we wont be able to meet up coz i'm starting my girl in jan. they actually hv a place for me liao but i want my girl to familarise with the teachers & school again so will only start the preN class probably in mar or apr.

sindy
are u in the waiting list for the preN class? u may like to consider putting your boy in the mother toddler class to let him get used to the school before starting him on the full day program.

hi hi jamie....
long time never chat with u liao.....
i'm back to work now.... so so happy cos after resting for too too long really missed those time when i can be alone.... heheeee
i'm so excited now cos friday i'll be sending my boy to mmi whole day.... dont know how he will react....

hi elaine
trust u hv a great xmas. haha i can understand, finally u got back your freedom!!
i'm starting my girl in the mother toddler class on sat too after so long.

Hi Everyone,
can i join you all here? my boy is with MMI katong since he was 18mths. He was the pioneer batch. Now in N2. So far he is learning lots of useful things from school.

hihi small bell
your boy is in full day or half day program? i guess the teachers & program must be good since u are the pioneer batch?
biggrin.gif

elaine is putting her boy full day & i'm putting my girl half day but will be starting her the mother & toddler class first.

Hi jamie,
he's in the full day program. What is mother and toddler class?

Hi elaine,
which class is your child in?

small bell
the mother toddler class is a 1hr playgroup program on every sat. it includes music & movement, art & craft and academic teaching.

elaine's son is in N1.

Hi Jamie,
Oh ic. My boy goes to school on sat morning. I will drop by to see what this class is about. Sounds interesting. How old is your girl?

small bell
my girl will be 2.5yrs this march. i just put her back in the mother toddler class last sat to let her familarise with the environment & teachers. she's not ready when i put her there abt 6mths ago. but i tik she is ready now, will probably start her on the half day either next mth or march.

oh, your boy is there every sat? will keep a lookout then coz there are only a handful of students on sat.
biggrin.gif

Hi Jamie,
Does your girl like the mother toddler class? This childcare is quite different from others. When i first started my boy, they do not even allow parents to follow (other cc allow at least 2-3 days visit). So he cried for a few days. The teachers are very attentive in general.

small bell
my girl is more responsive & attentive now during last sat class compared to last time & she seems to enjoy the class so i guess she shd be ready for the half day session.

i was informed by the supervisor Rin that they do allow parents to follow for the 1st couple of days during the transition period.

Hi Jamie,
Teacher Rin is nice, and can sometimes be fierce. But very good as my boy is scared of her and behave when she is around. Maybe the rules changed, last time no parents can follow for 1st few days as they prefer to let the child adapt by crying out and get used to it.

How much are the class for mother and toddler and half day school?

i also fear that my girl will cry, but i guess its normal which every child will go thru, at least for the 1st few days. infact children adapt pretty fast.

the mother toddler class is $120 for 4 sessions. was told by elaine that they hv increase the price to $130 but last sat they still charge me $120. they hv also increase the fees for half day to $625.

Hi Jamie,

yes, no worries, am sure your gal will adapt very fast.

wow, half day is quite ex. Would your gal take school bus or do you stay nearby? I stay just opposite the school so walk there.

small bell
yeah, nowadays everything is ex lor. u a sahm? so convenient for u to just walk over to school. i stay at old airport road so most likely my hubby will send us there before he goes to work.

Hi jamie,
i am working mom. Convenient is that when i go to work, will put him in stroller and push to school while he's asleep. He will wake up around 9 plus when other kids arrive in school. But bad is that rainy days, will need to wait for rain to stop. Lucky the 1st floor and basement there are coin rides.

small bell
wow your boy can still sleep again when u woke him up for school? both my 2 kids cant, once they awake, thats it! they cant nap long in the stroller too.

i agree, rainy days make everything very inconvenient. i didnt know there are kiddy rides keke... usually will head straight to parkway after class so never jalan there.

HI JAMIE N SMALL BELL...

was pretty busy at work cos sch reopen got lots of admin stuff to do....
small bell.... nice to know tat ur child like e sch. my boy is in N1 now.... i brought him there last friday he cries a bit when i left but teacher says he didnt cry after tat... then becos of some miscommunication i brought him back at ard 1pm.... everythg was good n he is happy....
yesterday i brought him there as usual he cries when i pass him to e teacher n says i'm leaving.... but this time round i can only go pick him at ard 5.45pm after work so when i arrive i can hear his crying then i peep in n found he is crying asking for mama mama (hehe)... then from teacher i realised tat he actually start crying (on n off) when some of his classmates went home but he didnt see me..... last nite he also cries say dont want to go sch today... this morn also cries....
i told him i need to work.... but i will definitely go fetch him after my work....dont know how is he today... but sure cry when other children go home early la....
So ur boy is there on sat?? last yr when i was there i seldom see children on sat only saw a boy, his name is Patrick.... is he ur boy???

Jamie,
glad to know ur girl is enjoying e class...
happy.gif
half day $625 is before subsidy or after??

Back