MMI @ katong shopping centre

smallbell
i thought it would be good for parents to join, to get to know the teachers & other parents? or maybe no parents join? haha....

Hi jamie,
not sure about that. But i couldn't take leave to join the trips. At the end of every term, there is also a parent review session with teachers. Then teacher will return all the craft and worksheets done during the term. So far i only attend twice for the parent review session.

smallbell,
usually e parent review session is on weekday ah??

jamie,
previously i did hear tat Rin mention for younger kids they do encourage parents to tag along during excursion then for e older ones then it will not be neccesary la....

Hi elaine,
only on a weekday afternoon, around one hour. Normally it is during the nap time of the kids. If got nothing much to speak to teacher, half an hour will finish. It is not a "must go". If parents don't go, the teacher will put all the worksheets into the school bag to bring home. There is an assessment book that you have to sign. BTW, are you a nurse? my mom said she saw a mommy in nurse uniform and spoke to her. Not sure if that was you.

thanks smallbell & elaine,
i also think its more applicable for younger kids, those older ones are already independent.

hi smallbell,
i'm a Dental Therapist. oh ya tuesday i have a meeting at headquarter so i went straight to fetch Zhaohui in my uniform and i saw ur mum.... if i go from my own clinic then i will change to home clothes before going to fetch Zhaohui.
This morning I saw ur hubby send Patrick to school too..... My Zhaohui is still crying when i leave him in the morning..... hai... keep telling me dont want to go school... wondering when this will last....

jamie,
this yr if N1 got outing n i can make it then we go together lor.... heheee
happy.gif

Hi elaine,
oh, ic. Is your working hours flexible? Don't worry, this crying phase will soon pass.

There was once Patrick cried until refuse to go inside the school, he walked around the car park crying loudly. The chinese teacher (Gao Lao Shi) came all the way out to carry him inside. I dislike long weekend as normally after that, he will also cry like crazy when going to school.

hey, if both of you going outing, then i also try to make it....hehehe. Heard that some parents do not allow kids to go outing but there will still be the aunty in the cc to take care of those who are not going.

hi smallbell,
my working hr is not flexible la... fixed from 8 to 530pm monday to friday...wat r u working as?? u work 6days a week??

If got outing then we can meet up
happy.gif

Hi jamie,
yes, that will be great.

Hi elaine,
i work alt sat. But workplace is far, so normally is my mom and hubby bring patrick to and from school.

hi all...
is monday again..... 3rd wk of sch liao... but Zhaohui still crying.... :~~~
cant imagine next wk with e long long holiday then back to sch on thur he will have to cry again....

hi elaine,
does he cry when going to school or also cry when in school? I know that teachers will take turn to carry the crying child until he or she settle down.

small bell,
he cries when going to sch n when i pass him to e teacher lor.... but e teacher says after tat he is alrite n he can fall asleep very fast during naptime......

Hi elaine,
oh, then no worries. This is only the separation anxiety. At least he can get used to school life already. Does he join in the class activities?

elaine
hang on, the transition period will pass. i really dread thinking its going to be my turn next. anyway teacher ferlin did mention to me some kids only cry when their parents are ard, i guess he just want your attention & of coz some separation anxiety. i think zhaohui is under her class? not sure chloe will be in the same class as zhaohui since there are 2 N1 class.

ya.... teacher also told me after a while he will stop crying.... he does participate in class activities so still quite alrite.

there is 2 N1 classes think Zhaohui is in the 2nd class, not sure is it under teacher Ferlin cos late last yr she did mention to me tat she is e teacher for PG.

hi elaine,
then it is alright since he participate in the class activities.

There is a meet parent session today but hubby attending it.

hi elaine,
oh, the other day i didn't send him to school as had a chalet. Thanks

school close on next mon - wed.

hi ladies....

i took leave yesterday cos CC not open. anyway I'm back today
happy.gif

we're busy going ard during CNY.... although only 2 days of holidays but is already very very tiring moreover i've loss my voice due to eating tooo much chocolate :p having bad sore throat too... hai....

elaine
thats y i dont really like cny coz its super tiring due to house visiting & entertaining. will also end up having cough & sorethroat due to over eating of ba kwa & cny goodies which i cant resist!!
biggrin.gif

Hi elaine and jamie,
same here, a normal day for me.

I forgot to put $5 into the school fee for insurance. Had to pay cash.

Hi elaine,
Does Zhaohui need the t-shirt, pants or uniform? As Patrick has outgrown the small size uniform and i would like to give away.

hi small bell,
i dont mind having it, thank you. U leave it with e teachers then i get from them or we can meet up during wkends??

$5 still alrite.... btw wat time patrick zzzz every nite cos he seems very tired in e morn can still zzz on e pram.... really "peifu" him.
my boy still crying..... really cant stand him but once we left he is alrite till ard 4-5+ then start crying again.... think he is going to be mmi crying baby liao....

we will just find somewhere eat dinner.... boring rite.

hi elaine,
ok sure. i leave with teachers. Don't mind that the shirt might be a little stain and i think one uniform is off-colour. The pants is still ok. Yesterday teacher Ferlin complain to my mom that he looks really wierd in the tight t-shirt, hehehe.

Oh, he is good sleeper, sleep at 9 plus daily, latest will be 10 plus. Never wake up in the night. When we put him in pram, sometimes he is aware, open eyes to see the surrounding then fall back to sleep again.

Zhaohui cry the minute you leave house or even before you leave house in the morning? But how he know 4-5+ to cry again?

Valentine dinner is nice, will you bring kids along?

hi small bell,
is alrite with e stain n off colour, dont worry.

wow... he really can sleep...
unlike my boy still wakes up for nite feeding, then he also sleep ard 9-10+pm but can wake up 6+am every morning so usually he wakes us up in e morning not we waking him up.

Zhaohui cries once he reach sch lor... but on e way he will says he dont want to go sch..... want to stay at home with his meimei.... hahahaa then we just ignore him till he reach sch then he saw e teacher straight away he will cry but once we step out of e CC he will stop.
e teacher says when he sees some of his friends going home at 4-5pm n i havent go bring him then he will start crying again lor...

think wont bring e kids la.... very troublesome to bring them only with e maid but if bring e maid then will be just a normal dinner...

smallbell
patrick is indeed a good sleeper, so envy! my girl is a light sleeper.

elaine
my nightmare is approaching ... i really dread thinking abt it when i start chloe next mth.

hi small bell,
e teacher pass me Patrick's clothes liao... thank you very much
happy.gif

hi jamie,
no choice to let them cries for 1st few days la... last time ZH goes playgroup for 2hrs he also cries. At least u only send her now cos most children should have settle down so teacher can concentrate more on Chloe .

Hi elaine,
hope he will pass the crying phase very soon. I seen kids crying throughout the whole day and that is really pitiful.

Hi jamie,
3 hours should be alright as she will know that you are outside watching her.

smallbell
i think shd be 1 mth's school fees as deposit. i also cant remember liao keke.. do they hv schoolbag or we can bring our own?

bring own sch bag n water bottle.
if chloe not toilet train yet then must put diapers in e bag if not then just bring 1 set of extra clothes just in case they wet themselves.

ok, will start looking for a schoolbag for her. chloe still undergoing toilet training now, think will put pull-up pants instead of training pants during these period.
is zhaohui toilet train liao?

no la.... he is still wearing pamper but we r trying to train him but not easy...
i will ask e teachers at mmi to help me train him after he settle down first...

Back