LO seems to really dislike me

My daughter is 10 months, and she loves my mom and husband a lot. To the point that she doesn't want me at all, cries when I carry her (esp if she's hungry or sleepy and wants some form of comfort), has never actively sought me out or reached out her hands to me to carry but does it to my mom and husband all the time. She pushes me away when I try to carry her and doesn't look at me. She turns away n ignores me when I try to lie beside her but eagerly grabs onto my husband n hugs him when he does the same. It's getting more pronounced now that she's getting older and more aware of what she wants. I try to play more with her and carry her, but she just doesn't seem to reciprocate as happily as when she does my mom and husband.

Any other moms faced this before? Is this just a phase and will it pass, or is it that my daughter just doesn't like me? Will this affect our relationship in the long run? Really makes me feel sad n like I'm a super lousy mother:(

Last edited:
I think she is seeking ur attention. No child will dislike the mother. My boy cries ALL THE TIME when im around. But behaves so well when im not. Have some one to one time with her, bring her out and keep telling her u love her. When she sleeps, whisper into her ear u love her.

I do that every night and my son smiles in his sleep when he hears me say that :) try it !

Back