Jurong West Mums

Hi all
Long time didn't post in this thread..been ultra busy.

Just need to seek some advice frm mommies & not forgetting daddy as well ^_^
When did u all start giving brown rice cereal to ur bb? Was reading some articles tt it's best to let bb bf exclusively for e 1st 6mths. Also, for brown rice cereal, is it better to buy ready ones or get the medical hall to grind & add herbs into it?

hihi,
wah, only like 2 days never come to this thread.. so many posts liao.

Poshies,
i'm ok for the playgroup, but my BB still quite young.. heehee duno he can play with the big gor gor and jie jie anot.

Shylyn,
i started on the brown rice cereal for Caleb when he was 6mths. We bought the brown rice cereal from Eu Yan Seng. Si Sen powder is also premixed into the powder.
U wanna grind the brown rice urself ar? Alot of work i tink. U must wash and sun the brown rice then bring to the medical hall to grind wor. Abit ley cheh

shylyn,

my boy started when he 6mths old. brought it at Eu Yan Seng. same as Sept03bride. started e rice cereal when he was 5 mth old.

shylyn,
We didn't feed brown rice cereal because my babies get constipation when they eat it. We give porridge cook with meat/fish/vegetables, starting from around 6 months.

Hi all,
Anyone knows when the new Jurong West Sports Stadium is going open ? I heard there is a very nice swimming pool there.

yes tamarind,
when we give brown rice cereal, we also fed Caleb lotsa water.
My mum was saying its good to give brown rice. Builds up their body.

YT,
Oops, than you should not hop around. Take care and walk slowly. It's good to get opinion from the gynae.

Shylyn,
Alicia started brown rice cereal at 6mths. Same as Sept03Bride and Connz, we bought it at Eu Yan Seng.

Tamarind,
I drive past the stadium every day. There were some VIP last weekend, but dunno what is the occasion. The stadium looks almost complete, but did not see the pool as it is situated above the carpark. It has a water slide which is 4-5 storey high. I guess it should open by end of this year.

YT,
Is it Dumex only ? My kids drink Mamil Gold, is this also included in teh promotion ?

Sept 03 Bride,
Brown rice contains a lot of calcium and iron. But too much iron will cause constipation, which is why my kids cannot take it when they were babies.

Alicia's Daddy,
I also saw the water slide when I passsed by. Looks exciting ! I heard the pool is covered, which means raining also can swim
happy.gif
I am eagerly waiting for it to open.

RE: New swimming pool
Just opposite my place.. during the eve of national day, Jurong West Pri Sch students went there as I saw them walking there. Think it is opening soon. I hope can go there jog and attend aerobics classes.

Wendy,
Not open yet so no review lah..:)
Is there a pool at your apt you are staying now?

May,
You can watch S-league from the comfort of your home next time.

RE: Brown Rice
Hmm..my mil was thinking of starting Ivec w brown rice cereal these few days..not too sure whether to ask her to hold on cos read from articles that it's best to bf exculsively for 6mths leh..
I actually wanted to get e Eu Yan Seng's but she oredi bought some other brands..didn't read what it is but contains ikan bilis..so should b rather gd lah.

RE: Jurong West Sports Complex
Heard tt it'll b open in Aug..but then again, not confirmed. Hmm..anyway, my committee is planning 2 organise a GenY Games 2 in dec..major sports related activity for the youth at this complex..will keep u all updated.

AD - talk abt swimming i sian 1/2. i forgot to bring my swimwear n goggles. so e'day can only look at the swimming pool n sigh, cos haven't buy new one yet.

RE: Feeding Solids
Shylyn, i started feeding my gal porridge & brown rice (bot fm medical shops - contains ikan bilis kind) from 4 months... But only started fm 1 solid meal a day and the rest of the meals still drinking milk...
Ha.. I tink my mum was the one who intro yr MIL the brown rice brand..keke..

RE: Feeding solid
Jamie is eating Dumex Cereal and Nestle Brown Rice. Sometimes she eat porridge. You can go to chinese medical hall to get them grind for u.

Here's the breakdown of the cost:
1) Brown Rice $1.50
2) Pow Sheng $20 (Normal - $10)
3) Si Shen $2
4) Workmanship to grind $1.50

Total: $25

Alicia's Daddy,
My house is behind the 24hrs coffee shop leh.. far away.

RE: Taka Fair
Went to shop shop today. So crowded. Didn't stay long.. some pics to share

Jamie's First Mrt Trip - TODAY
486170.jpg

Jamie's new BMW - taken on National Day
486171.jpg

Wendy,
Get someone to DHL the swimming costume and goggles to you...hahahaha..:p

May,
OIC. That coffee shop is always crowded. The new MRT is next to it rite?

Jamie looks very happy taking the MRT. Alicia also has a red "BMW" at home :)

Shylyn,
You are in PA youth committee?

Blur
So ur mum is e one..heheh..so how did ur gal react when she had her 1st taste of solids? I asked my hub to take down Ivec's reaction when he has his 1st taste of solids..heheh..took his reaction when he had his 1st haircut last Sat..surprisingly, very cooperative & well behaved thruout e shaving..so now he's botak. hee

Alicia's Daddy
heheh..I'm not with e youth com but rather e staff ic..so u know anything abt YEC as well?

Maywong
Thks for e breakdown of e cost..but dunno whether there is really any diff bet e normal brown rice cereal & medical hall's one leh..mommies got feedback?

RE: Taka Fair
Wanted to go there during one of the weekday..so at least not crowded..plus i would need to drive as well..cant imagine carryin so many things on public transport..

RE: Library Fair
Anyone went to e Library fair at Expo? I wanted to go but mistakenly tot it's held at Suntec..so ended up shopping at Carrefour but bought many $1 books as well..introduced some books 2 Ivec & he enjoyed flipping & touching e books..^_^

shylyn, u will be surprised to know that the Taka fair is not that crowded during wkends. I went on Sat afternoon.. the crowd was manageable.

Sept03 bride
really..then i should hv went yest..heheh..but found it troublesome to go to city during wkends & esp find parking lots..

Shylyn,
I was invited to join the YEC many years back, but was unable to commit due to work, and study schedules. Now too old liao, I guess :p

Sept03 Bride,
any good bargains from Taka fair. Saw the advert in Strait times. Seems nothing much leh.

YT, Hazel,
Thanks for the info
happy.gif

May,
How old is Jamie ? She looks so sweet.

Re: Library fair
I completely missed it. Is it sale of old books or new books ?

Alicia Daddy
if i didn't rem wrongly, u r staying at 900series right? heheh..I'm working at e CC there..so if u still keen on becoming a GRLs, can always consider e RC ^_^

Tamarind
think old books..but still in gd condition..

Alicia's Daddy,
not really leh. DId not buy much. Only got a FP star stacker and munchkin net feeder..

Shylyn,
i wanted to sign up as RC member cos i enjoyed those activities organised by them when i was still young. I got preggy and plans got delayed. GUess it will be delayed further till Caleb is slightly older.

Shylyn,
The brown rice that we bought from supermarket claimed to put this and that which we might not know. That's why I think going to medical hall and see them grind is the best.

Alicia's daddy,
Yes..the coffee shop is very crowded and the new MRT is just one block in front of my house.

Sept 03 Bride,
I was at the taka fair on sat afternoon also. Abt 2-3pm.

Tamarind,
Jamie is 7mth old in 52mins time.. hehe...

may
wor ur girl so steady liao can sit so straight.
Javier always aim the BMW too. Might need another 1 month to let him sit.

Sian
only 1 thing my son is faster than ur girl is to eat. MIL feed him small amt of horfan that day.
So now he see us eat, the mouth will open big big.
U don give him he will cry

May,
So young already got BMW hehehe I only bought one for my girl when she was 1 year old.

shylyn,
OIC. I prefer the book warehouse sale which sells new books.

What is GRL ? What is RC ? Pardon my ignorance.

Shylyn,
Yes, I am staying in 900series..Opps, has been spotted :p. Oh, you are working in the CC opp City Harvest Church rite? You know Mr Eng?
What is GRL?
I had been with the RC Youth Committee in the early 1990s.

Sept03bride,
I got 2 munchkin drinking bottle. We thought we lost the first one (dropped inside my car) so bought another new one. I like the non-drip design.

May,
Once, I was having dinner with my wife and I parked my car along the road (like others), and the parking attendant came by. Got to gobble down the fishballs and ran to drive my car away...:p (another singaporean trying to avoid paying for parking)

Alicia's Daddy,
My hubby often does that too when he goes to that coffee shop. I don't know got parking attendant, must warn him now.

Tamarind,
I think many people eating there park their cars along the roadside. When the attendant arrive, sure a lot of people run, just ask your hb to follow, LOL.

Alicia's Daddy,
Haha will tell my hubby that. Otherwise he go there to buy $3 won ton mee, then have to pay $70 parking fine, really not worth it.

Taramind
GRL=Grassroots Leader
RC=Residents' Committee
No prob lah..i totally didn't know Rcs exist despite staying here for close to 10yrs until i started working in this line.

Alicia's Daddy
Really? Then who's ur RC's YEC Chairman tt time? U belong 2 Zone 2 RC right? The YEC used to b rather active but no longer is liao..dunno whether u belong 2 tt earlier batch.
Btw, Mr Eng has long retired..no longer working here liao..

sept 03 Bride
Hee..tt's gd..seldom u find pple w interest in grassroots activities..so when do u intend to join e RC here?

i staying at Jurong West St 24. i will need a babysitter to help look after my baby after my confinement. Hope to get a babysitter staying nearby. Grateful if anyone can introduce a reliable babysitter to look after my 1 mth old baby during the day time.

Hi Tiffany,

Can PM me your contact. I help you to ask my neighbour when I m back home tonite. We are staying at Blk 272B, Jurong West St 24 too. She might be available but I dun have her contact.

Shylyn,
Yes, the earlier batch of zone 2 RC YEC. *Shy* I forgot who was the chairman liao. I also lost contact with the committee members at that time since all of us have grown up and pursue our career/family.

I guess Mr Eng has retired since I do not see him anymore in the CC office.

Can I drop by to say hello to you?

YT, Tiffany,
Your bb almost same time leh.

hee
anyone want me to recom nanny near gek poh area.
My friend now going to take care her baby liao since she not working anymore.
So the nanny is free liao ( the nanny -my another sec friend mother.)

hi , all ... i am also staying at pioneer mall area . i stay at blk 635 . currently , i am not working at am looking after my 2 boys at home . its really BORED at home . feel so sad
sad.gif

Hi Catherine
bored at home leh ah hee :p me just started being a SAHM for 1 month+ and still enjoying it. Me at bllk 632. Where is 635 ah? the one with childcare underneath?

I am also helping a friend to look for one good part time maid. If anyone got any recommendation, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Back