Jurong West Mums

Hi catherine,
How old are your boys ? Do you have any maid at home ? If not, you must be very busy doing housework and looking after them, how can be bored ? I know because I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old :p

Hi mommies and daddy,
Any suggestion about where to bring kids out in Jurong ? Preferably can reach easily by bus. Here's where I have been :
1. Jurong Bird Park
2. Jurong Hilltop
3. Singapore Discovery Centre
4. IMM
5. Jurong West Library
6. Jurong Lake Park

Ran out of ideas already. Anyone knows whether there is a beach near our place ? I know the nearest one is West Coast beach, but it's quite far without car, and the beach is not very nice.

Tamarind,

How about West Coast Park? Think its reachable by bus, but don't exactly what number.
Concept similar to Jurong Lake Park but with MacDonald around.

aa,
Thanks for your suggestion
happy.gif
But the beach there is not suitable for young kids to play with water
sad.gif

tamarind,

If you are thinking about kids playing with water, think Labrador Park will be more suitable. But not exactly accessable by bus, its quite a long walk in from bus-stop.

etelle ,
Blk 635 is the one with the childcare centre below lor ... i jus started looking after my kids one mth ago , as my maid wans to go home and decided not to work , so i had no choice but to resign and stay at home & look after kids lor .

tamarind, my 2 boys , 1 is 4 yrs old and the other is 17 months . i dun have a maid liao and perhaps wont get one anymore as i am not working , i know that there are indeed a lot of housework to do , but i am the lazy type lor , ... so will feel a bit BORING la .... ;)(hee)

Hi Mummies, are you looking for one who comes to your house to do cleaning once a week? I do have one to recommend. Currently, I'm engaging her, Helen, to clean my house. If you are interested, give her a call to check if she has any slots available. HP:92718085.

aa,
We have been to Labrador Park also, can go there only when my hubby is free to drive us. My girl likes it there very much.

catherine,
I'm also the lazy type, but even totally don't do housework, buy outside food, my 2 kids still drive me nuts. I am working full time, so definitely need a maid.

Your elder boy is in childcare centre ?

YT,
It's a joy to watch the little one grow up.
I am sure you and hubby can cope. You can tap on the mommies experiences here if you have any doubts.

Catherine, Hazel,
Maybe you can meet up at Pioneer mall MAC to chit-chat, together with your kids, to kill the boredom.

Tamarind,
Did you try Sungei Buloh (weekdays is free) in Lim Chu Kang (must use insect repellent). There is a bus but I do not know the number (although it is more convenient if you drive). You can just enjoy the air-con enclosure with exhibits and attend a short documentary show.

Next to the nature reserve is a fish farm. Can pay $2 (i think) to catch long-kang fish.

Jurong used to be a swamp, so no beach lor.
There is a prawn fishing pond at the foot of Jurong Hill.

How about NTU garden? Nice place to take a stroll in the evening. Bus 179 goes there.

Alicia's Daddy,

Definitely a joy...Reach home abt 8pm on friday nite and after my parents left...Jayden was so guai..Slept from 8.30pm till 12.30am...I was so busy unpacking n clearing some stuffs...Afterall 1 mth plus didn't go home liao...

So far everything was fine...And hubby was the one 3 days feeding Jayden..Hahaha..Me eat snake...I only bath and change pampers...I even 'force' my hubby to change his pampers n clear poo poo...hahahaha...So bad hor...

Tamarind
Yup..anyone can join e RC/CC committees..of cos they prefer pple w dedication & e drive 2 contribute loh..so if u r keen, always can apply ^_^

Alicia's Daddy
Sure..but I'm not always at e counter as we hv different office one..heheh..but u can try wkend morns..sometimes i might b at e counter..& rem to say hi if u see me ok??

hi , tamarind , my elder boy is in PAP nursery only for short 2 hrs . i didnt put him to child care anymore as i am not working now so no much subsidise .... so next year , he will be continue studying at PAP for K1.

alicia's daddy,
ya lor ... thanks for ur suggestion. maybe could ask hazel out and meet , hahaa . . since we so "free" hor ..;)

YT,
Sometimes, we (daddy) may do not a good job in cleaning the "pi-pi" after bb poo-poo. This may result in rashes, so you need to do inspection after your hb finish the cleaning, and before putting on the diapers. I am sharing from my experience..*shy*..

Shylyn,
Will defintely say Hi to you if I drop by. What is the best way to recognise you? You put a pretty rose on your blouse? *Just kidding*

Alicia's Daddy,

Ask him to clean once when bb poo poo...He 'scare' liao...bcoz i ask him to cover bb bird bird in case pee...he dun listen end up all over bb body plus sofa...*faint*

Hi All,
Need to check any bb is on Gain IQ, interested in the VCD that coming along with the FM but my boy is taking Friso, any mummies willing to help to help?

Alicia' Daddy, hahaha...maybe it help...during 1st mth...almost all my family kena from pee pee to poo poo...my mum open his pampers to change...his poo poo 'fly' out n kena my mum...and my hubby also almost kena once...luckily he react fast if not will kena on his face...hahahah...

shylyn,
OIC. Thanks for the info. May be I will join when my kids are older.

catherine,
Which PAP nursery is your boy going to ? My girl will be going to the one at Blk 665.

serrich,
There is a small playground with slides at Labrador park, suitable for older kids. The playground is very small compared to the one at West Coast or Jurong Lake Park. Do you often go out with your baby ?

YT,
I kena that before, not from my baby boy, but from my girl when she was a baby hahaha She was lying down, don't know why no bird bird her urine also can shoot so high.

hi , tamarind

i think PAP nursery still ok lar , if compared to private nursey then i think private nursery classes wiill be better as i think they can learn a lot of things bahz ..

bout this sunday ahh , ... ??
i think i cant make it as i have to go back to my parents' place every weekends .. sorry , u gals go ahead bahz . perhaps , we organise another outing another time and we meet up again lor .

catherine,
I don't know where to find private nursery near our place
sad.gif

Just check out that Jurong West playgroup thread from time to time if you are interested
happy.gif

Tamarind,
This is physics- projectile. Only difference is one can adjust angle (for boi), while the other can't (gal).

Serrich,
Labrador park is very nice place to have picnic. You can also climb the nature trial to get a glimpse of the sea horizon.

hi Jurong Mummies....

wondering if i am welcome here.....

I am Carole, SAHM with a bb girl of 10.5mths. Currently staying at CCK and will be moving to Jurong in Dec.

good to have jurong mummies thread!

Carole,
Welcome to Jurong, and of course, you are welcome here. If you need orientation in Jurong, do let me know, hahaha...I stay in Jurong for more than 30years. BTW, I am a Jurong Daddy.

lol.. i stayed in Taman jurong before i shifted to CCK. kekeke.. i stayed there for abt 15yrs too.. kekeke.. but i am bad in Jurong west... kekekek

Carole,
Oh, you stayed in Taman Jurong for 15yrs? I stayed there for 18yrs. I attended the Calvary BP Church Kindergarden and my house was next to it. Wow, brings back childhood memories.

carole ng & alicia's daddy,

oh both of u stayed at taman jurong before?? hehehe me too? stay here for 20yrs liao. now i m here at my mum's plc (taman jurong)

Welcome Carole to tis thread + the Jurong community
happy.gif

Me used to stay in JE since young and moved here JW abt 5 yrs ago... Jurong is in my blood

Alicia Daddy
Heheh...so u definitely haven't been to e CC 4 a while..cos all of e counter staffs hv name tags..so just look out for me loh..I'm Ivis ^_^

RE: Shooting of urine
Yup..Ivec always does tt..in fact, he purposely does that..& his aiming is accurate for a 4 mth old bb..hee..most of the time bull shot & even directly at e person's face..hee...really notti..& when u scold him, he will give u a cheeky grin..buay tahan

Hi carole
welcome welcome.....

it looks like cynthia from our jurong west thread has given birth to a baby girl on the 21st aug.....she wrote on her nick hee hee :p congrats cynthia! welcome natalie to this new world
happy.gif

Blur,
Move here and there, but still Jurong..hahaha. Like me, my parents move from Taman Jurong to JW EXT. I got married and move in 2 blocks away from parents. Hehehe, next year will move again to JW.

Shylyn,
Yeah lor, I seldom go the the CC, but I was there last 2 evenings with Alicia to wait for my wife because I am trying to avoid the open area outside Prime mart. The kiddy ride ($3/10mins) was there, and if Alicia sees it, she will make sure she take the car before leaving (she has already taken 2 times last week).

Aiyo, the CC has so many silhouette cutting, and Alicia keep asking me what are they. She likes the dancer, and even imitate by lifting one of her leg up. She also likes the white fish in the pond.

Cynthia,
Congrats!

Carole,
Welcome ! Your new flat is near where ? Sports Stadium/Pioneer Mall/Jurong Point ?

I used to stay in Tiong Bahru, really not used to being so far from town when I move to Jurong West. Even now I go down town every weekend.

Alicia's Daddy,
How old is Alicia ?

Cynthia,
Congrats !

hi hi long time din come in liao..

been bz with new job..

tamarind...me worse...i marry from pasir ris to jurong west *sob sob*

Tamarind,
Alicia BD is 22May2004. So it's 2.3 years old.
You must have miss Tiong Bharu market a lot...lots of good food :p

Venus,
Congrats on your new job.
From East to West is just 40km apart, so not so bad. Singapore is making Jurong to be a happening place (but still no beach).

alicia's daddy...yup...so i travel from west to east to visit my parents forthnightly..

and my mummy is asking how is my "baby" (meaning my boy) every week..

Venus,
Does you, or your hb drive?
I can imagine the time spend on travelling by MRT, and bus from West to East. When I am serving my national service, my camp was in Changi, so I got to take a MRT from Boon Lay to Tampines station, followed by bus#29.

How old is your boy?

tks tks for all the warm welcome!!!

i love jurong, but just getting ard alittle difficult... well, having a car now will be surely easy for me to do the marketing.
happy.gif

tamarind: Westwood area.
happy.gif

tamarind,
I seldom bring her out to parks and nature reserves.. Spend most of our time visiting parents, grandparents, etc over the weekends..

Alicia's Daddy,
Thanks. I will visit Labrador Park when i have the chance then!

me bo license one.. if drive,sure crash haha..
my hubby has driving license...too ex to support a car now..

my boy,justin is 10 mths old..

here is his pic
497458.jpg

venus,
Wow pasir ris to jurong west so far hehehe Have you gotten used to jurong west yet ? It took me more than 5 years to get use to it, before was always thinking of moving back.

Alicia's Daddy,
I still go back to Tiong Bahru Market very often
happy.gif
Especially now when it is very nicely rebuilt.
Alicia is the same year as my boy Jerome, he will be 2 years old in September.

Carole,
OIC. That place quite "ulu" hor :p

Alicia's Daddy
yup..tt was for our Open House in July..glad Alicia had a fun time over at e CC..though the fish is usually thrown in by public..some of which are dying :p

Heheh..I'm not exactly staying in Jurong all my life..have been moving from east to West..in fact, quite used to staying in e West already..though might hv plans to move to central..yet to be confirmed..but will definitely miss e West

tamarind...ya lor..damm far..i miss the beach in pasir ris..no beach here...

so far only comfort thing is at least got jurong point...a bigger shopping centre den white sands.. haha

if got chance,i wan to stay near beach.. pasir ris or east coast..definitely not west coast..no wind..very hot

YT..how old is Jayden?

Back