IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

gan, not shopping..but visiting.. there was a day that we went out the whole day..n visited 2 different houses. i m planning to try shopping one of this wkends.. coz i need to buy another rocker and cot. how do u find the cot u bought from tangs? my bbs hv to be put in 3 different rooms at night coz they will disturb each other. my 3rd bedroom cannot fit the bb kingdom cot size..i need to look for smthing smaller.

i hv to bring a big diaper bag..bil bought us one tht can be attached to the twin stroller..so no need to carry the bag..just push the stroller. but i hv not tried going to malls in tht giant stroller yet.. dunno how convenient or inconvenient to fit into lifts or walkways..

do u gals use cot mobile huh?? useful? i just bought a preloved tiny love pink princess mobile from a forum mummy ... shld be getting it today or tomorrow. my fren says its gd for keeping bbs distracted while they are in their cot...

Panda,

Cot mobile is good. Some bb doze off looking at it
happy.gif

Pandawife the cot is good for use now but it's narrow so I think may have to change to a bigger bed 1 year later else abit too small for the toddler. My baby wld sometimes 'move' herself when sleeping and have her feet sticking out of the rails. So soon I need to put up the bumper soon
U put ur babies in 3 diff rooms u need 3 baby monitor?

Singapoh,
oic, i think i need more practise with my nursing cover. i can't seem to do everything while 'hiding' under the cover, hold the bb, pull aside top, unclip bra and position bb. and it's so hot! my girl also gets very distracted when the cover goes over her. she looks here looks there and can't drink properly.

gan, now my mum is in one room, my mil in one room and the 3rd one is our bedroom. i m not sure if its possible to have them co share room at later stage..but now they will suddenly cry n wake each other up.

maybe when they r toddlers, i will put the 2 boys in 1 room and girl in another room...

hmm..the cot so small huh?? so fast bb kicking out of the rails...hmmm

i just took a warm long bath.... relaxed...
and the highlight of the day is that i can fit into my pre pregnancy denim shorts!! so happy
happy.gif

now motivated to continue pumping coz can lose weight.. keke....

Pandawife thanks! =) that dress wear once onlyfor cny 1st day! Ya the bed not so wide, u can see the width of the bed in relation to my gal in the cny photo. But also my gal is active, likesto kick n somehow can get her feet thru the rails.

Gals ur bAbies will cry suddenly in their sleep n then go back to sleep again?? My gal did that twice just now....wondering what's wrong... Nightmare?

Sama sama mann... My girls also keep fussing and crying..
I coax my big girl from 230am to 430am yday night... Shack mann... Her eyes big big after her 230am milk... Dont wana go sleep... Then finally i flip her over to let her sleep on her tummy then she go sleep...

Panda
Enfalac is cow milk ah? Then enfalac HA is not cow milk?
Is all fm cow milk?

pandawife
i also got super painful wrist. both wrists some more, really hard to do thgs. impossible to rest coz got to look after bb.
my gynae and pd said to wear wrist guards.. think i better go buy, but is quite inconvenient also, coz everytime wash thgs think got to remove else gets wet.
think some mummies said it is also 'wind'.
did u do malay massage? if yes, did she massage your wrist area? did it help to relieve the pain?

happyhippo, yes i did the malay massage..n it was better after tht.. but last night i din sleep much.. plus i handexpress after pumping..so stress the wrist even more.

is ur pain the whole day? mine is bad when i just wake up..but gets better later part of the morning..n i can resume normal activities. the massage lady also told me its wind. my gynae says not to wear wrist guard leh..he says will make it worse.. just do simple hand exercise n slowly it will go away.

baby, most FM are cow's milk. HA i tink its soy protein.. meant for those babies that are allergic to cow's milk.

when i went to tmc pharmary to buy enfa HA, the pharmacist told me HA FM for 6 mths n above only available in NAN brand. hence after 6 mths, if my bbs still allergic to cow's milk, hv to switch brand.. she tried to ask me to switch to NAN now... but i rather feed them Enfa at least the 6 mths since it has better nutritional value.

working wife, i switch my eldest boy over to HA totally today.. going to observe if he gets hungry faster. he spits milk alot.. last night i hv to change my top 4x in 1 hr coz he kept spitting out the milk. i hv also changed his feeding cycles.. instead of 3hrly...i m trying to feed him 2hrly in smaller amts to see if can improve the spitting problem.

Panda
So means for six mths above for HA only got NAN brand? No other choices?

Maybe u can put bib instead so no need to change bb top so often.. I also change my girls top often each day...

Im slowly increasing my girls milk vol.. Frm 90ml to 105ml.. After adding powder will be abt 110ml..

Did u notice when u feed every 3 hrs.. Sometimes more than 3hrs.. The no of feeds a day is 7 instead of 8...

baby, thts what the phamarcist said. dunno if real anot.. hv to go n check...

i put bib..but still will wet the clothes..smtimes the spit amt is quite alot..

my bbs are on average 9-10 feeds a day leh.. not all feeds are 3 hrly... coz smtimes 2.5hrs they fuss alot.. now they are all taking about 100ml per feed.. i tried to increase to 110-120..but the other 2 spit milk, so i resume back to 100ml...

Pandawife n happyhippo,

Re: wrist pain
That time during my confinement I had that problem too. What my confinement lady did is she used Hot water with white rice wine n ginger cut big pc for me to soak my hands. The water must not be too cold for u to soak. I soak for about 10 min twice aday for 1 week. Then my pain gone. U can try this method.

i fixed up the cot mobile.. i tink my bbs dont know how to appreciate leh. put them in the cot, they stare at the mobile for less than 1minute..all start screaming :S

pandawife
ya same here,my wrist is super painful when wake up. after do more things, seems to be better.
my pain is worst when i stretch open up my thumb too much. sometime just knocking on my thumb/wrist pain also super pain. starting to feel that some strain going from thumb up to shoulder.. quite worrying.

today, the LC taught me to exercise by open & close hand, she said to get blood circulation going. she also said to take more calcium.
what exercise did ur gynae teach you?

fashion-spree
thanks for the tips.do u need to boil the rice wine+ginger+water? or just add hot water can ardi?
how many times you soak before you recover?

Happyhippo,

I saw my confinement lady boil the water together with the ginger first. Then pour into a small basin and then pour the white rice wine together. Once the water not so hot u can put ur hand in to soak. Remember must soak it hot but not too hot that get urself scald. I soak twice a day for a week till my hand completely not pain. I soak in the morning n evening .

U can Just buy the normal rice wine from ntuc think abt $2 plus . No need to buy the premium one.

Panda & baby

Enfalac HA is not Enfalac Soy. Enfalac HA ingredients are partially hydrolyzed proteins from nonfat milk and whey protein concentrate (cow's milk). Partially-hydrolized proteins have been shown to be less likely than intact cow's milk protein to induce the development of an allergy in infants to cow's milk protein. It is special infant formula for babies FROM BIRTH ONWARDS. From the label it did not specify it can be used until how many months. The tin is purple color right?

Last time my sis mistakenly bought me a tin of Enfalac A+ HA. I gave my baby and she did not want to drink unless very hungry. Since then my baby started to reject FM. I tried the milk myself and found the taste quite bitter and salty. So end up I drank up most of the milk. Another thing about Enfalac A+ HA is that it contains more sodium, 200mg/100g powder compared to Similac 135mg/100g.

Geez.... My gal has been fussing since we r home at 830pm
Scream for milk, to be carried and walked around the room, once put down cry then play awhile on her own, cry for milk again 2 hrs later .....

Gan,
I'm in the same situation as u. We had my girl's full month party today. She woke up at 7pm and since then its been endless carrying, latching, playing little while, dozing little while and crying again.
My mil has gone home for good so it's just me and hb settling the 2 kids.

How was yr valentines celebration?
happy.gif

gan/grumpus,

my babies fussed the whole afternoon n evening.. until just now when one of them crying in the cot in my bedroom... i just sit on my bed and stoned..... he screamed until my hb came into the room n asked me how come i din carry bb..:S

now all of them are sleeping away.......

i m planning to start weaning my bbs off night feeds.. will train them one by one... once no more night feeds, its not so tiring n my mum n mil no need to stay overnight here. me, hb n maid can handle...

I m pumping milk.... Just now when I was showering my gal was crying very badly, no matter how my hubby soothe her, she just cried. I had to quickly clean myself and rushed out to carry her. Once carry n talked to her she quiet down. My hubby abit unbalanced now, why our gal can't be soothe by him... =p anyway he just fed her n Bb is happy again, kicking away on our bed. Now I worried she is not sleeping again tonite.=s

Grumpus it was nice to have tea felt very blissful with our gal. She did cried very loudly for milk at the restaurant and made us kan Cheong as we asked for bowl etcto warm the ebm

gan, my cousin just shared with me she weaned off her bb boy at 3mths. another triplet mummy from CARE told me 2 of her bbs weaned off at 1.5mths.

i m ok to start coz i feel my bbs are of good weight now.. plus there r 3 of them... n weaning off means i just need to get rid of 1 feed... same concept .. drag the timing and feed more..

we managed to drag 4 hrs from the last feed.. bbs feel more hungry n drink more milk now. so the next feed will be 4 hrs later... progressively over the next 1 week, hopefully can do one mid night feed, followed by the morning 5-6am feed.

Hmmm ic I need to drag my gal's every 2 hr feed. We feed on demand coz she really cried very badly when hungry... Until I tot her lips turn purple... So I just feed, bu ren xin to let her cry. When hungry even if I carry also no use. N she doesn't take pacifier.

gan, how much r u feeding ur ger now?
breastmilk r watery n if ur ger poo a lot, wil tends to cry for milk at shorter interval. if my ger poos a lot, her next feed usually will be earlier or she will cry for more milk.

Hi rose my gal usually takes abt 60 to 70ml n she will stopped drinking. If u force her to take the bottle after the Amt , she will refuse to suck n sometimes cough as if choked bu the teat

Gan,
Wow sounds like fun...hehe
Yr girl crying loudly for milk is just the beginning. When u become parents yr skin will also become very thick :p

Yday both my girls able to sleep thru for 4 and a half hrs before crying for milk... Last feed at 1120pm... Next feed at 350am... So night time only one feed and next feed in the morning at 8am.. What i do is to increase their milk vol from 90ml to 105ml.. For the last feed... So they will feel full longer...

I wonder how to train them not to cry for milk at all thruout the night time.. Eg.. 12am last feed.. Next feed at 6am 6hrs without milk... Hmm... Is it possible??
My friend say must be ren xin to let them cry... Or feed them water.. But like very chan ren leh..

Possible! My son has last feed at 10pm n next feed ard 630 at 3 1/2 mths. Now, last feed 930pm n next feed ard 7am...jus hv to train n b prepared for a lot of cryings initially!!

Grumpus / Singapoh my gal vomit out a big mouthful of milk almost like 1/2 what she drank coz my pants got wet after letting out a loud burp when I burp her..... Is this colic or a sign she is unwell?? She still smiles when I talk to her just now ... Still seems active kicking away . Normal to threw out such large vol of milk?

Baby
quite an achievement for u. Haiz my boys still taking 90ml every 2 hrs. Sometimes 1.5hrs even. Tried to give more but milk will flow from sides of their mouth when they zzz even after few burps.

At a lost how to drag longer ... Tried pacifier, carry , yao yao, entertain them they will cry loud n fierce for milk. I bu ren xin always give in .. Maybe that's why never successful

Gan
should be okay. Maybe last mouthful ur girl didn't swallow completely. My boy often do this he lives to keep one last mouthful. I also tell my boy no need to reserve we got many tins of milk in the cupboard. Ask pd before he says as long as not every feed n they are well it's fine. Try to burp more. One burp sonetimes not enough. But if they merlion n look unwell seek dr.

Nancy I m in the situation as u in dragging the feeding hrs... Currently I feed on demand every 2 hrs coz impossible to pacify my hungry bb.

I think it's more than 1 mouthful coz my pants has a large patch of wetness.=s

gan, no worries. occasional spitting is normal.

my eldest boy spits almost every feed.. most babies are happy spitters.. so long as they dont seem unwell like wht nancy mentioned, its alright. but after spitting milk, do expect her to feel hungry earlier.

Gan,
occasional throwing up milk is ok. just monitor. bbs r their gassiest between 1-3 months. after 3 months it gets better. try to burp more frequently in between the feed so that the burp at the end when she's at her fullest is not so big and violent. the tendency for milk to come out along with the burp is higher when the burp is bigger.

RE: weaning night feeds
theoretically if bb can drink all their daily requirement during the day, then they will not wake up at night. the reason why they still wake up for milk at night is cos the amt they can drink during the day is limited.
that's y some ppl say the way to wean off night feeds is to feed more during the day.

but i'm one of those that believe this will happen naturally instead of us having to train bb or 'force' bb to drink more per feed in the day. imagine if somebody told u, u hv to eat extra half bowl of rice at lunch and dinner even though u r very full already. reason being because u're not allowed to eat supper. i never believe in dragging time by using pacifier, carrying, rocking etc. if bb wants milk, they get milk. all this training is only to make OUR life easier.

poor bb will feel so uncomfortable and the incidents of spitting up milk will increase cos they're so full all the time. as bb gets bigger and particularly when they start solids at 6 months, they'll naturally be able to sustain longer and will stop waking up at night by themselves.

i guess it just depends on what u believe in. but dun feel bad if u can't train yr bb to sleep through the night. just wait for them to grow up a bit more and they'll do it by themselves

Nancy/gan
Initially my bbs also cry for milk every 2hrs... Then i start to drag the time slowly... Is it becos yr milk vol is not enough thats y they will cry for milk earlier?

Pandawife / Grumpus, thanks. Subsequent feeds were ok, no throwing out... Guess the big burp forced her to threw out. Realized she sleeps well when out! Today we were out with friends for tea n she slept soundly n drank more too.

Baby I currently feed based on my gal's demand. If she had enuff she will refused to drink more, I dun force as she wld frown n sometimes like kena chok and cough when I push the teats into her mouth to ask her drink. So now if due pushes the teat out as a sign of enuff, I tried couple of times to try feed again if I feel resistance from her tongue I stop feeding

Gan,

My mum has to stand in as babysitter when hubby and i need to run errands together. She was surprised that my gal asked for milk every 1hr to 2.5hrs.. the next day, she bought pacifier for my gal, and i was amazed that i managed to drag her feeding time to 3.5hrs!!!! Now, I can drag her feeding time to 4.5hrs!!

I feel that pacifier need to be given at the right time.. i tried to test my gal with pacifier after shower or at other occasions when she is not crying, she simply refused it. for her, it only works when she is crying for milk. Now she is on total FM as I already went back to work after CNY. She can finish 120ml, no problem for her. can tahan for at least 4hrs.

She is 1 month and 15 days old...

I agree with Grumpus that we should feed bb on demand. I will still latch bb in the middle of the night if bb gives me hint. I can't imagine sleeping for 10 hrs without any liquid. I myself will feel thirsty if wake up in the middle of the night. And bb stomach is small, only about the size of their palm, so need to be fed often. Throughout the day their appetite also vary. Poor appetite if their feet are cold and better appetite after poo or after an outing.

Very soon your bbs will be able to sleep through the night. No need to force them to drink more.

Gan, Grumpus,

Sure sure, let's meet for kopi at novena or united sq la
happy.gif
but for me, cannot bring both out... if bring both, my mother need to come along haha.

just finished the midnight feeds and pumping.... now the babies' feed time abit staggered.. 12, 1230 and 1am. hopefully the next round is 4-5hrs later...

Back