IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

T

ttbs

Dear mummies-to-be who have undergone IVF,

First and foremost, I like to congratulate all you mummie-to-be who have conquered all the ivf physical, mental and emotional challenges to eventually become proud mummies-to-be. Hugs for everyone !!

I am starting this thread for all of u to give each other support and exchange notes throughout your pregnancies. Also, those from ivf support groups can also keep posted of your pregnancies and all of u will pray for your smooth pregnancies.

Although as "founder" of this thread, I am not one of u yet. Waiting for my first ivf and hope I can join u gals soon.

So start updating each other now. Bless all of u. Cheers !

Hi TTBS,
Good idea! I too wish to join this thread soon. Hope our dreams come true. Let us both keep our fingers crossed.

hi TTBS,
I'm so happy to see someone started this new thread. I hv been thinking of doing it but didn't get ard doing it.
kao_sticktongue.gif

I too hope to see more members here exchanging tips about pregnancy. I'm so excited now cos tmr I'm going to see my baby (hopefully babies) for the 1st time... will be going for my scan and then see Doc SF Loh.

blue rabbit,
I m excited for you, tomorrow will be here in no time at all.

393440.gif
THIS TWIN BUTTERFLIES FOR U.....

blue rabbit,
sorry for my late coming, how was the scan? how did the little one look like? Oh forgot, are you having twins?

winter,
did you see this thread?
394577.gif

humble,
me hvg singleton, saw bb's heartbeat and yolk yesterday. It's as tiny as a bean only.

Hv u started ur injections??

Nope not yet, i m only starting in may, so for now just being a busy body.

Was watching a program on baby growing from the time of conception in discovery channel, its really amazing. the baby already has hands and fingers like things when its just the size of our thumb. Sooooo sooooo cute u know.

Hey, listen to nice and soothing music, read good books and talk to your tummy whenever possible in a few months time, cos the baby starts to learn right from the womb. I m not being kiasu but have learnt abt it.

Hi sisters,

Here I come..have been quite tired after work lately..

Humble, think you are great, giving us so much support during our 2ww and praying for us...thank you so much

Blue Rabbit, are you going to upgrade to PPS? thinking of doing so but the appt will be so much later...
and are u very bloated? my tummy has been very big..is it too fast?

Hi Winter1, hehe... finally see u join us here.

Yes I'm upgrading to TPS, will see Doc Loh there from April onwards. I'm seeing him again next Sat.

I'm not bloated anymore but very very tired. I sleep very early at night and sleep thru-out weekends too. I think tummy big is normal, I can't fit into my working skirt anymore and have to borrow my SIL's maternity clothes... wow I juz found out that maternity clothes in Sg is sooo expensive. I juz bought 1 top and 1 pant and cost me $100 alr.

Blue Rabbit,
Wow, so fast wear and bought maternity clothes already ah..hee hee.and so expensive hor...

I think I"m still over the moon, that's why wake up very early in the morning...can't get over the excitement yet..haha

Winter1,
I wear those that r not easy to tell is maternity wear. I hv not let my colleagues know yet, except my boss. She's the only one who knows I went thru IVF.

R u on MC?? When's ur next check-up??

Winter, think you probably having multiplies...have you gone for any checkup to confirm that? It's natural that the stomach will be big esp if you are having multiplies..my stomach now is much bigger than my first child.

Let me intro. I already have a son and started my first ICSI process in Dec for 2nd bb under SF Loh. So here I am with twins and now into my 17 weeks.

I hope we will see a lot of success cases here and more multiplies. I have been checking out the Twins thread but most of them already delivered their bbs so can't really share things at the same stage.

I am sure Curious will join us here very soon.

oh ya tch... what kind of bra do u wear when pregnant? Those that I used to wear r so uncomfortable now.

hi TTBS and everyone
chanced upon this thread and am very happy to hv found it
happy.gif

i too went thru ivf in sep/oct and am expecting a bb boy in july. i had 3 embryos transferred but while i'm not expecting multiples, i am glad that i hv succeeded and had the good fortune of the ivf support thread's sisters for the encouragement and advice given to me.

now, i hope we can all share the joy and information here
happy.gif

missmoon,
R u hvg triplets?

tch/missmoon,
I'm experiencing mild cramp in my lower abdomen now and then, did it ever happpen to U? I'm diligenyly looking out whether I hv any abnormal discharge or not. Luckily so far so good, but this morning hv some yellowish discharge... dunno is it something serious?

blue_rabbit, discharge is normal...nothing serious unless it's blood. I even have abdominal discomfort up to now. So nothing to worry about. I am still wearing my normal bras..just need to buy bra extension to lengthen the strap that's all.

Hi gals
Just wondering if I can join this thread....I went thro IVF last nov. 3 embroyos were transferred. 1 grade 5 and the other 2 grade 4...It is my first attempt and I am currently expecting triplets....I am into week 22 now ....
Would be glad to come in and learn and share all the experiences...
happy.gif

hi peacy,

how's everything? Hope the cervix has stopped dilating...are you still resting at home or back to work? your stomach must be quite big now huh? mine is..can't imagine how much bigger it will be getting.

what's your arrangement for taking of the bbs? 3 is really a handful to start with. I am already having headache thinking about their sleeping arrangement.

blue_rabbit, no i don't. I used to swim and jog when I have expecting no.1. However, as this is a twin pregnancy, I dare not cos too much exertion is bad. In fact, Dr just told me that starting from 20+ weeks, hv to rest a lot and may have to take jabs to prevent preemies.

Hi TCH, missmoon and peacy,

So nice to see you here and to be able to learn from you...

Blue Rabbit, my scan is due on the 11th...frankly a bit at a lost if it's triplets..
but good think I can learn from tch and peacy..

Hmm can't wait for the scan...1 more week to go...and think chances may be high for multiples as 2 grade 5 and 1 grade 4 were put in..

blue_rabbit
no, my 2 other embryos didn't make it.

i had mild cramps on and off after ER and ET and it lasted well into my 5th week. yea, constantly worried abt the discharge and whenever i felt something flowing out, i was paranoid enough to go toilet and check it out. mine was either watery or slighly yellowish. i was told so long as not itchy and not foul smelling, it's ok. in any case, gynae will do a swab during ur first tri or start of 2nd tri to check for infections
happy.gif

hi winter
how're u? hope all is well. dun worry, whether it's twins or triplets...u'll find a way to cope
happy.gif

tch, peacy
hope ur twins & triplets respectively doing well
happy.gif

missmoon, thanks, bbs are doing fine. Just that I feel my stomach is so big like beginning of 3rd Tri. In fact, these few days, don't know whether due to blood flow problem or water retention, my hands and feet are swallon when i wake up in the morning. I had this problem during the last stage of prenancy last round. Just didn't expect it to start so early this time. I think it will stay with me throughout.

morning tch
hey, dun forget u carrying twins mah, so tummy bigger
happy.gif
i can fully understand abt the swollen hands and feet. i always thought will get only during 3rd tri...my feet must've grown a size bigger becos of the water retention. i was advised to prop feet up, elevate it to relief water retention, and to cut down on salt.

hopefully it won't get any worse lah
happy.gif

Hi tch
according to my last scan at week 19, there is no further dilation. Currently, I am on weekly injection to prevent further dilation till week 28. I am still on hospitalization leave and I guess I have to be on leave till I deliver. my gynae instructed me to stay at home and cannot go out and jalan except to the hospital.....Initially, it was quite boring but now I am used to it. But whenever I go for my check up or injection, I will definitely go and shop for baby stuff after that for a short while only.
happy.gif

My maid just arrived 3 days ago. My MIL and my maid will take care of my babies when I work. If they can't handle, maybe i may need to get another maid to help out. as for sleeping arrangement, we managed to get 3 baby cots from my hubby's friend and my MIL friend. It is going to be quite cramp but no choice. I am taking things step by step.....

hi MTBs (mummies to be),
nice to see a lot of girls here, seeing a lot of people succeed helps me to stay positive and stick to the little hope left.

If possible post your success stories in the success stories thread girls, it will really help those of us still trying.

Winter,
Thanks for posting your story, take care.

WISH YOU ALL SMOOTH MONTHS AHEAD

peacy, good to hear that everything if fine now. Dr also told me that prob needs a lot of bed rest after 20+months.

Did you hire Indo or Phil maid? How is she so far?

Sorry to ask this but wondering how many rooms do you have in your house? I have 3 rooms and 1 is used for study and the other for my son. I am having headache thinking of sleeping arrangemene when the bbs are out. Cos there will be 2 more babies, 1 maid and my mum will be coming over on weekdays...I appreciate any advice that anyone can offer

hi blue rabbit & tch,
juz to check with u after you tested +ve at KKIVF, did the nurses monitor your P4 & bHCG closely till your appt at 6 wks? i was told to go back and see Dr SF Loh in 3 wks time & nobody monitors my bHCG level.

curious,

Same here, they don't monitor the P4 and bhcg..i'm also a bit worried..

blue Rabbit, tch, peacy,
yesterday night, I experienced a terrible cramp..is this normal..the cramp has stopped for a week and yesterday came back so painful...a bit worried now

hi winter1,
sorry, I forgot...yours was done at KKIVF too? I'm worried...so later going to see Dr Paul Tseng from TMC. Will ask him to help monitor my P4 & bHCG till my next appt with Dr SF Loh.

btw, what's your bHCG level? were u the one with bHCG 3000+?
happy.gif
today I checked my email. Received email from Dr Loh. He wrote to congratulate me
happy.gif

As for your cramp, do u want to call up the hospital & check with the nurses?

curious, no. there was no monitoring. But everything was alright. Btw, what's the purpose of monitoring P4 and bHCG?

Winter, I did have mensus cramp like in the beginning. But it was not terrible pain. If you are uncomfortable, better go check with Dr. Maybe you have 3 embroys all implanted that causes more pain than normal.

Hi tch
My maid is from Indo. She just came over last week. So far, I have no problem with her. she can speak and understand simple english and she also can cook. as for taking care of babies, I will only be able to judge when my babies arrive. same as you, I have only 3 bedrooms. 1 has been used as study room and the other one is the master bedroom. So I only left with one room which I will convert to babies room. My maid will sleep with my babies. I am putting 3 baby cots in and 2 mattress for my maid and my MIL. Worse come to worse, my MIL might have to sleep in study room.

Hi Winter1
I am not sure about the cramp coz I don't remember experiencing it. My gynae ever told me that as long as you don't feel good, you must contact your doc especially this is a cruicial period.

peacy, thanks for sharing...so you intend to put your babies with the maid right from the beginning? I don't think I dare to do that.

curious,
nope, no more blood test after confirmed pregnant. I went back to see Doc Loh on my wk 6, can see bb's heartbeat already. Going back to see Doc Loh on wk 8 again at TPS.

winter1,
I do experience mild menses-like cramp up till now. Doc Loh did mention that pain is worrying so I'm monitoring closely. Why don't u drop an email to Doc Loh and see what he says? He will usually reply in the late afternoon or at night one.

Blue Rabbit, curious,

You have DrLoh's email? will he remember who am I? Can I have his email...thank you ah

actually was thinking of seeing outside doc first too...but then find it a bit weird

tch,
P4 & HCG very impt during early pregnancy. Cos I read from somewhere that during early pregnancy, cos no placenta yet, the P4 act something like a 'placenta'. As for HCG, it's the pregnancy hormone. So both have to increase in good levels.

blue rabbit,
I'll be seeing Dr Loh at clinic D abt 2 wks time. Was told to reach AMS level 1, 1 hour b4 my appt time to do scanning. After that then go back to Clinic D. What's the difference bet. clinic D & TPS? Does he see patients at night? I mean any night clinic? Thank you!

Hi ladies,
Juz now I went to TMC to see Dr Paul Tseng. I told him that I just wan2 monitor my P4 & bHCG. He agreed & took my blood for test.

curious,
TPS = The Private Suite. Patients hv to pay $6 more to see their preferred gynae at TPS and they hv evenings and sat clinics. TPS also better cos each time definitely will see Doc Loh (which he prefers too), unlike Clinic D, sometimes emergency cases don't get to see Doc Loh one, they may appoint other docs. Doc Loh see patients at TPS on certain evenings and on Sat.

hi blue rabbit,
huh? in clinic D, not necessary to see Dr Loh? Aiyoh...why like that? But I told Angie that I want to see him leh....

So when did u switch to TPS? Then I better switch to TPS since only $6 more. Btw, how to switch hah? Juz called up central appt hotline? or must inform KKIVF Centre? Thanks.

Btw, what clothes are u wearing now? Tummy bigger than usual, so most of my office wears cannot wear already. I'm so shocked. Where can I buy high waist tops, babydoll dress & elastic draw string pants? Though I still keep my maternity clothes which I wore abt 4 yrs ago. I don't intend to wear them so early leh...

Thanks

curious,
Clinic D still see Doc Loh but emergency may not get to see him. Just tell Doc Loh when u see him in 2 wks' time that u want to switch to TPS then the nurse will make arrangement for u.

I'm seeing Doc Loh at TPS next week for the 1st time, used to be Clinic D all the time and hv to wait for ages. Don't want to waste my leave so switch lor.

I'm wearing some of my SIL's maternity clothes. Those with elastic waistband ones. I also bought a few more. My old skirts can't fit anymore. U can try shops at Suntec City.

curious,
yes, there's quite a few maternity shops at suntec. It's on the 3rd level, behind toys 'R' us.

Back