IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies, anyone with Dr Liu Shu Ling at kkh? Any review on her or Dr Jessie Phoon? Understand Dr THH is leaving. I’m thinking of switching either to her or jessie? TIA

Just did ET. Was told by kkh that thh will come back and do the procedure these 3 days thats why i proceeded with the thaw cycle at kkh.

End up 1mins before the procedure, they told me it will be dr jerry doing

I feel like kkh really disregards patients request or even consider patients feelings.

I dont know if its a miscomm by kkh and kkh just overpromise or thh just bail out
wa...I'm surprised...beyond words.

wa...I'm surprised...beyond words.

Best part. When i was registering the nurse still tell me it will be dr tan. When they call my name to go in, they just casually say its dr jerry. Like ?!?!?!?!

At least tell me beforehand and ask if i got any doctor in mind or what right. Sighhhhhh

Dr jerry was very rough leh. I am hurting now when i pee. =/

Just did ET. Was told by kkh that thh will come back and do the procedure these 3 days thats why i proceeded with the thaw cycle at kkh.

I feel like kkh really disregards patients request or even consider patients feelings.

I dont know if its a miscomm by kkh and kkh just overpromise or thh just bail out

Dr THH is still around today. His last day is this Thurs. I just saw him for my appointment this pm. He even went off to do an emergency delivery. Might be a miscomm somewhere.

Best part. When i was registering the nurse still tell me it will be dr tan. When they call my name to go in, they just casually say its dr jerry. Like ?!?!?!?!

At least tell me beforehand and ask if i got any doctor in mind or what right. Sighhhhhh

All the best! Stay positive k! Half a battle is won with a positive mind!

Hi Ladies, anyone with Dr Liu Shu Ling at kkh? Any review on her or Dr Jessie Phoon? Understand Dr THH is leaving. I’m thinking of switching either to her or jessie? TIA
I did my IVF fresh cycle with Dr Liu Shu Ling. Successful on 1st fresh cycle. Currently about 9 weeks pregnant. I like Dr Liu - she is very matter-of-fact, but listens closely and will give recommendations. Planning to stay with her throughout pregnancy as well.

I did my IVF fresh cycle with Dr Liu Shu Ling. Successful on 1st fresh cycle. Currently about 9 weeks pregnant. I like Dr Liu - she is very matter-of-fact, but listens closely and will give recommendations. Planning to stay with her throughout pregnancy as well.
Congrats!!! Does she do delivery also?

Hey babe! Congrats! Smooth 9 months ahead! How many days transfer?

The person communicated to you must have been misinformed.
THH’s last day in the hospital is 24th. He started leave on 25th but will be back to see some patients before 31 Oct.

oh dear!!!! :(
The way they handled the situation is bad. i hope you get better soon ok. stay strong!

The person communicated to you must have been misinformed.
THH’s last day in the hospital is 24th. He started leave on 25th but will be back to see some patients before 31 Oct.
Thats what i heard too but they keep saying yes he will come back and do the procedure.

don’t worry, Dr Jerry is good as well. i was a patient under his care for case study on Spresto.

I hope so. I was on the brink of tears while changing to my gown cos they did not even bother to give me options just say dr jerry will do. Come go change. I know they do this everyday but a little empathy and effort to listen to our request wont hurt right.

I am really in pain from the transfer which wasnt the case leh :(

Baby dusts to all.

I have the following to sell :

1) 5 vials of Proluton expiry 08-2022
2) 4 packs of Duphaston expiry 01-2023
3) 4 sticks of Crinone expiry 01-2021

**update : all sold

Attachments

• Adjustments.JPG
    Adjustments.JPG
    372.7 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    561.9 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_2839.JPG
    IMG_2839.JPG
    564.4 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Singaporeans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find IVF egg donors
Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
www.straitstimes.com
www.straitstimes.com

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF treatment !!!

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

Hello ladies, I didn't log in here for along long time after graduated from here almost 3 yrs ago. My DS is now 26mths.
Have one balance snow baby with KKH and decided to proceed in Oct as heard that Dr Tan HH is leaving. I had a similar experience as Sharkles, during my ET, the nurse told me that Dr Tan went for an emergency delivery and ask me to wait for an hour. After an hour, the nurse apologise again and said all cases by Dr Tan will be taken over by Dr Tan TY. I feel like left with no choice but to proceed. Doesn't feel good abt the doc as she seems abit cold and not positive abt my embryo when I ask her about it.

Today is 12dp3dt and I don't feel much symptoms. Jiayou and wish the ladies here all BFP!

Hello ladies, I didn't log in here for along long time after graduated from here almost 3 yrs ago. My DS is now 26mths.
Have one balance snow baby with KKH and decided to proceed in Oct as heard that Dr Tan HH is leaving. I had a similar experience as Sharkles, during my ET, the nurse told me that Dr Tan went for an emergency delivery and ask me to wait for an hour. After an hour, the nurse apologise again and said all cases by Dr Tan will be taken over by Dr Tan TY. I feel like left with no choice but to proceed. Doesn't feel good abt the doc as she seems abit cold and not positive abt my embryo when I ask her about it.

Today is 12dp3dt and I don't feel much symptoms. Jiayou and wish the ladies here all BFP!
Good luck, dontlosehope! Have you POAS? :p

Hugssss they already start doing that way before? Why would they want to give people false hope like that. Sigh.

Jiayou babe. I also cant help to not feel positive since it din start on a good note. its just 1dp5dt when do u all usually test?

Hi I am new here and will be doing ivf with doc Sadhana? Any review on her?
How is she? Cos she seems on the safe side. I am over 40+ yrs old so thought that I need more aggressive doctor due to age factor.
This will be my first ivf so I feel blur with all the procedure.

Hugssss they already start doing that way before? Why would they want to give people false hope like that. Sigh.

Jiayou babe. I also cant help to not feel positive since it din start on a good note. its just 1dp5dt when do u all usually test?
I did my ET on 18 Oct. So not sure am I the first case... I will test at least 14dpo which is 9dp5dt for u. My previous pregnancy, I got my positive only on 13dp2dt. Hope this helps!

I tested on 8dp5dt, it was negative and i dont even see the slightest line on the kit. I thought to myself it might be a failed one cos i dint have any symtoms.

Tested again on 12dp5dt as i wanted to prep myself mentally for the BT 2 days later. The line appeared! Cfm with the digital kit the following day.

Give yourself more time if you dont see a positive response days before BT. The little one might just need more time.

I tested on 8dp5dt, it was negative and i dont even see the slightest line on the kit. I thought to myself it might be a failed one cos i dint have any symtoms.

Tested again on 12dp5dt as i wanted to prep myself mentally for the BT 2 days later. The line appeared! Cfm with the digital kit the following day.

Give yourself more time if you dont see a positive response days before BT. The little one might just need more time.
Today is my 7dpt5dt... was thinking to poas tomorrow but after reading your post, maybe I should wait. Hahaha it’s so nerve wrecking!! Did you have any symptoms during the tww?? Anyway congrats on your bfp!!! :)

I’m at my 7dpt5dt, wanted to poas tomorrow but after reading your post. Maybe I should wait awhile more.. haha did you have any symptoms during your tww?? Anyway congrats on for BFP!!!!

If you ladies have extra POAS kit, do try, it can be exciting to wait for the 2nd line to appear. I'm a POAS addict, so even when I got the line, I will still test every morning to make sure it gets darker :p

Good luck.

I believe Dr Tan is overwhelmed with too many patients on his last few days at kkh. As much as he would like to help but he can only do so much which could be the reason why there was a last min change of dr. I feel stimulation stage n dr diagnosis is more important to have the right dr than embryo transfer. ET most dr should have the skill to do it. All the best.

Hi I am new here and will be doing ivf with doc Sadhana? Any review on her?
How is she? Cos she seems on the safe side. I am over 40+ yrs old so thought that I need more aggressive doctor due to age factor.
This will be my first ivf so I feel blur with all the procedure.

Dr Sadhana is good! She’s very experienced. I think she’s already around when Dr SF Loh was around. Dr Tan HH is the disciple of Dr SF Loh. Dr SF Loh is now at TMC. But she is a very matter-of-fact doctor. Not like Dr Tan HH who is very empathetic towards patients.

Dr Sadhana is good! She’s very experienced. I think she’s already around when Dr SF Loh was around. Dr Tan HH is the disciple of Dr SF Loh. Dr SF Loh is now at TMC. But she is a very matter-of-fact doctor. Not like Dr Tan HH who is very empathetic towards patients.

agree! Lol i have seen all 3 before too!

after bfp when do you all officially get discharge from the ivf program and move on to private gynae? Any gynae outside to recommend who accepts ivf babies?

after bfp when do you all officially get discharge from the ivf program and move on to private gynae? Any gynae outside to recommend who accepts ivf babies?
At 10w6days was my last visit Prof Wong, he made appointment for me for week 13 with high risk pregnancy doc Prof Biswas, bc I decided to stay with nuh. After that every 3 weeks I have appointment with ultrasound scan.

I stick to dr tan throughout even im bfp coz i think not all doc accepts ivf babies

Dr sf loh was not like this but maybe he was always on tv, giving him a huge influx of patients. So it did not matter to him whether u stuck with him. I did not stay with him either lol.

Hi everyone! I would like to remove multiple fibroids before going for IVF next year. Anyone did this procedure before or have any good doctor to recommend? I am 40 and would like to get this done so i can conceive. Appreciate all info.

I will remove it. u don’t want to start a cycle with this fibroid thingy at the back of your mind. Yes even though some fibroids are at a position that will not hinder implantation but with the progress of pregnancy the fibroid may grow bigger as well. Lap surgery in my opinion is a good option to take this chance to clean up the womb. A skillful dr will not scar your lining. I understand your concern for age catching up. You can discuss with dr if it’s possible to do stim jab and retrieved the eggs and freeze them while u proceed for Lap surgery. Once u recovered u can do FET. Lap surgery is not as scary and I can go back to my routine after few days.
Hi! May i know which doc u went to for the surgery? Will i be hospitalise after the surgery?
How many days do u need to rest?

Back