IVF/ICSI Support Group

milogal88

Hi,
I admire the positivity in this chat group here. Actually I failed my first FET in June this year. However, I am still quite heartbroken n despair over the loss of two very good embryos from my first FET. And even broke into tears when I just went back to tcm after 1 month plus of break (didn't really expect that I will break down like this). I probably felt that I had 2 very good embryos and lining OK too, but why still failed?
May I seek advice on how to pick myself up for next FET? Wanted to go for next FET in few months time, but my heart is still very heavy and painful.
Thanks.
Hey babe, don’t beat yourself over something which no one can control. I guess many ladies here whom have failed and tried multiple times (including myself) knows that IVF is not just about a journey of perseverance, but it’s really a matter of luck. What you are feeling is very normal as for every cycle, we will place our hopes high hoping to get that BFP but the result turns out otherwise.

It’s ok to feel depressed but realistically speaking, don’t take too long coz as a matter of fact, our bio clock is also ticking; and it’s easy to lose momentum once you take a break for too long. Indulge in a good meal, go for a short getaway, have a good cry if you need to and come back stronger. Do some research on how you can boost up your chances e.g. seeking alternative treatments, changing protocol, go for acupuncture or pray etc. No point harping on past failure. As long as you have done your best, the rest is really beyond our control. Big hugs to you and don’t give up!

najnaj

Hey babe, don’t beat yourself over something which no one can control. I guess many ladies here whom have failed and tried multiple times (including myself) knows that IVF is not just about a journey of perseverance, but it’s really a matter of luck. What you are feeling is very normal as for every cycle, we will place our hopes high hoping to get that BFP but the result turns out otherwise.

It’s ok to feel depressed but realistically speaking, don’t take too long coz as a matter of fact, our bio clock is also ticking; and it’s easy to lose momentum once you take a break for too long. Indulge in a good meal, go for a short getaway, have a good cry if you need to and come back stronger. Do some research on how you can boost up your chances e.g. seeking alternative treatments, changing protocol, go for acupuncture or pray etc. No point harping on past failure. As long as you have done your best, the rest is really beyond our control. Big hugs to you and don’t give up!
Hi milogal88,
Thanks for the encouragement n support. I will try to stay positive n hopefully will reach there real soon. :)
Doc is suggesting to do endoscratch next round. Protocol should more or less still b the same, gg for medicated fet.
Thanks.

Alishablond

Has anyone been bleeding with clots in early pregnancy and baby was still ok?
My hcg was 970 on 12dp5dt, 2770 on 14dt5pt, heartbeat detected on 22dp5dt or 5w 4days, fetus was 2,2 mm. Everything looked perfect, we even thought it’s twins. But on 24dp5dt(6weeks) I started to bleed, right away went to A&E nuh, luckily queue was only 1h, gynae did ultrasound and there was heartbeat and fetus 4,4 mm, she call to Prof Wong. When I came home bleeding was even heavier and passed one large plum size cloth. It was last Saturday. Now don’t know what to think, I’m still preggy or miscarried, my next scan only on 6th August. Shall I just wait for 6th and continue eat that huge number of hormone pills plus medication of Dr Sheila Vasoo or try to call to CHR and ask them to reschedule my scan for this week?
I feel so lost and lonely, my hubby is on business trip, don’t know what to do.

joy12

Has anyone been bleeding with clots in early pregnancy and baby was still ok?
My hcg was 970 on 12dp5dt, 2770 on 14dt5pt, heartbeat detected on 22dp5dt or 5w 4days, fetus was 2,2 mm. Everything looked perfect, we even thought it’s twins. But on 24dp5dt(6weeks) I started to bleed, right away went to A&E nuh, luckily queue was only 1h, gynae did ultrasound and there was heartbeat and fetus 4,4 mm, she call to Prof Wong. When I came home bleeding was even heavier and passed one large plum size cloth. It was last Saturday. Now don’t know what to think, I’m still preggy or miscarried, my next scan only on 6th August. Shall I just wait for 6th and continue eat that huge number of hormone pills plus medication of Dr Sheila Vasoo or try to call to CHR and ask them to reschedule my scan for this week?
I feel so lost and lonely, my hubby is on business trip, don’t know what to do.
Hi dear, bleeding in early pregnancy is very common, but please rest as much as you can.
I would go down to see Prof Wong as early as possible. You can walk in to clinic early as first case and let his nurse know that you are bleeding so Prof can see you early.

What medicine are you on from Dr Sheila? If you are on aspirin or clexane you might need to hold those off.

Alishablond

Hi dear, bleeding in early pregnancy is very common, but please rest as much as you can.
I would go down to see Prof Wong as early as possible. You can walk in to clinic early as first case and let his nurse know that you are bleeding so Prof can see you early.

What medicine are you on from Dr Sheila? If you are on aspirin or clexane you might need to hold those off.
Bleeding was os Saturday from 5pm to 9pm, heavily with clots. After that no more, no spotting. Prof isn’t around till Monday. Don’t know if I can say to nuh that i am not bleeding anymore, but can you check if I’m still preggy.

Angel1080

Bleeding was os Saturday from 5pm to 9pm, heavily with clots. After that no more, no spotting. Prof isn’t around till Monday. Don’t know if I can say to nuh that i am not bleeding anymore, but can you check if I’m still preggy.
Hey dear I hope all is well with you. Great that the bleeding had stopped.... hopefully it was from implantation or something normal.... like @joy12 said... it’s true apparently many mummies-to-be face some form of bleeding at diff Phases of their pregnancy.. some I heard even throughout.. but If you did have such a big clot and bled so much I think you should go in and get it checked..... at least that’s what I would do.... coz even if it’s nothing, the wondering and worrying is not good for both you and the lil one really... I know coz I worry all the time for the smallest of things coz I’ve had a couple of MC before, so the fear is there #thestruggleisreal... I also realised the more I stressed or worried about work or the baby, I’d start bleeding again.... but that’s me, so I’ve been seeing my doc more often and lately even almost every week sometimes for my peace of mind.... works for me. hang in there and hoping for the best for u n the lil rainbow.... ️ you’re not alone.....

Last edited:

joy12

Yes of cos you can do that, bleeding in early pregnancy warrants an early review. if Prof is not around then someone else should be allocated to see you.

Did ED give you duphaston or any other progesterone in the meantime?

Alishablond

Really such a relief! By the way how do they know the large clot is the second sac?
A&E Gynae pointed on the second sac on scan, small size, pict wasn’t clear, but there was something. Before that 2 days ago fetal care didn’t see the second sac. Today Dr said the clot was that sac. That explains high hcg level with singleton, looks like implanted both.

didimama

I am going to do my 1st ivf cycle this mth. Menses late for 4 days and finally came today but it is scanty. I did not manage to catch the ovulation 2 weeks back and im wondering if i did not ovulate. I have low amh of 0.7 am 37 this year. Im trying for no. 2. DH has 2% morphology. No. 1 was naturally conceived.

Now im not sure if i want to start the 1st ivf or wait for another month. My menses has always been very accurate and the flow has reduced since after 1st pregnancy but nvr so scanty. My DH thinks that its impossible for me to stop ovulating so suddenly after knowing that i have low amh.

Should i call kkh hotline?

Eggscatcher

Hi ladies, i encounter a sharp pain during middle of night and had some spotting when i go for toilet breaks, after that it become light bleeding and spotting on off when i go toilet like a string of blood, is this normal?
Waited at nuh a&e 2hrs, but no gynae so we left, gg to private clinic...

Dreamscometrue

Hi ladies, i encounter a sharp pain during middle of night and had some spotting when i go for toilet breaks, after that it become light bleeding and spotting on off when i go toilet like a string of blood, is this normal?
Bleeding is not normal but can happen. Hope nothing serious. Ask for support jab

Alishablond

How are you now? Everything should be good.
About NUH A&E, they said gynae isn’t coming go home or waiting time was too long? Are you with NUH or JB?

Angel1080

How far along are you now? Hope everything is fine..: rest well

Eggscatcher

How are you now? Everything should be good.
About NUH A&E, they said gynae isn’t coming go home or waiting time was too long? Are you with NUH or JB?
I am fine after taken medicines and rest from thomson med clinic after waited in nuh for 2 hrs,
Bleeding stopped and found some small clots, but the scan say reflected the flickering heartbeat so is alright now...

Yes you can. I did intralipid with Dr Loh at his O&G clinic (TFC clinic doesnt have intralipid) while i was undergoing cycles at nuh. Eventually transferred over to Dr Loh and succeeded after one retrieval.

Just call up O&G clinic and let the nurse know doing embryo transfer soon and for intralipid infusion, they will advise you when to come in, based on your planned ET date.

All the best!
Hi, did you let your doc at NUH know that you are going for Intralipid?

I am from NUH and I am considering intralipid. Do you have to go through any test before doing that?

Thanks in advance

joy12

Hi, did you let your doc at NUH know that you are going for Intralipid?

I am from NUH and I am considering intralipid. Do you have to go through any test before doing that?

Thanks in advance
Hi dear i didnt because Prof does not believe in it. No need for any tests prior to intralipid infusion.

ashley11

Hi ladies, I see some familiar names here after so long like @milogal88 @towkayneo !
Hope all is well.
I have 5 embryos left after my two kids and not planning to have any more due to age,finances and ability to cope.
Pls tell me again how long you will store the embryos from the time you decide not to have any more kids.
I really don't know when is the cut off.

Anyone pls feel fee to share or comment.

towkayneo

Hi ladies, I see some familiar names here after so long like @milogal88 @towkayneo !
Hope all is well.
I have 5 embryos left after my two kids and not planning to have any more due to age,finances and ability to cope.
Pls tell me again how long you will store the embryos from the time you decide not to have any more kids.

I think you can only store the embryos for 10 years and that's it. So year after year, have to pay the annual storage fee until you decided that's it, enough is enough, then before the next payment, you can tell them to discard.

towkayneo

I think you can only store the embryos for 10 years and that's it. So year after year, have to pay the annual storage fee until you decided that's it, enough is enough, then before the next payment, you can tell them to discard.
Another method is to see if you would like to donate those embryos to other couples, so that they have a chance to be parents.

Well, 2 schools of thoughts, so really depends on your thoughts.

Geraldineteo23

Hi,
I admire the positivity in this chat group here. Actually I failed my first FET in June this year. However, I am still quite heartbroken n despair over the loss of two very good embryos from my first FET. And even broke into tears when I just went back to tcm after 1 month plus of break (didn't really expect that I will break down like this). I probably felt that I had 2 very good embryos and lining OK too, but why still failed?
May I seek advice on how to pick myself up for next FET? Wanted to go for next FET in few months time, but my heart is still very heavy and painful.
Thanks.
Hi! I failed my fresh in June this year. Waiting to start FET during end Sep. I actually got over the first unsuccessful attempt quite quickly. After all, i read many cases where it takes 2 to 4 times before it is successful. I am praying hard that my 2nd time will work

Geraldineteo23

Also, I am supposed to start on FET medication in a few days time but i am down with flu and fever. I took medication such as panadol. Is it ok to still proceed with the medication for FET?

the_spinsterella

Can anyone share their medicated FET protocol? And how long is the duration from day 1 medication to ET?
Mercilon on D1 (period)for 21 days.
When next period comes, take Progynova on D2 (period).
Scan on D15. If lining is fine then can proceed with transfer.
Start on Crinone 3 days before transfer.

sybm

Mercilon on D1 (period)for 21 days.
When next period comes, take Progynova on D2 (period).
Scan on D15. If lining is fine then can proceed with transfer.
Start on Crinone 3 days before transfer.
oh, so how many days from Mercilon D1 for 21 days, until transfer? it seems to me like nearly 2 months?

Dreamscometrue

Actually I started trying again when my son was 1. Now he's 3 already. I did 1 fresh cycle with no transfer in 2017. Then I did FET in early 2018 and failed. In 2018 I did another fresh but didn't get any embryo.
I see, how many fresh cycles have u done already? Are u with KKh? I also need to do another fresh cycle if I were to try for no.2 cos no more frozen embbies

ashley11

You mean the 10 years limit is for sg?
Mine is in Bangkok, so not sure if there is such limit.
Do you have any left over embryos and how long you intend to keep?
@towkayneo

milogal88

Hope all is well.

Ahhh I remember you too! I still have 1 blast and a D3 embryo left. Just paid for another year of renewal after the KKH debt collector called me coz I kept procrastinating haha. I don't intend to have any more kids after my B/G twins but I'm still keeping it for the time being till i'm ready to discard it.

towkayneo

You mean the 10 years limit is for sg?
Mine is in Bangkok, so not sure if there is such limit.
Do you have any left over embryos and how long you intend to keep?
@towkayneo
I have 2 frozen embryos with KKH...not sure what's the next plan too.
I guess if yours is in BKK, you need to check with your doc over there.
You succeeded in BKK?

ashley11

Ahhh I remember you too! I still have 1 blast and a D3 embryo left. Just paid for another year of renewal after the KKH debt collector called me coz I kept procrastinating haha. I don't intend to have any more kids after my B/G twins but I'm still keeping it for the time being till i'm ready to discard it.
Yah being ready to discard is not so easy. I feel quite affected if I discard but yet I know I can't hv any more kids.
How much is storage in KKH?

towkayneo

Yah being ready to discard is not so easy. I feel quite affected if I discard but yet I know I can't hv any more kids.
SGD$400+...@milogal88, can jog my memory?

Ya, it's never easy to discard especially you know they are all waiting to have a chance to be implanted :(

Talking about it makes me emotional :p

milogal88

Yes @towkayneo is right, storage at KKH is S$400+....close to S$500 actaully. So it's not cheap TBH. But ya....the fact that the remaining blast is from the same batch where I conceive the twins makes me think twice about discarding it for now. So yeap....just gona renew for the time being till i'm mentally ready.

towkayneo

Yes @towkayneo is right, storage at KKH is S$400+....close to S$500 actaully. So it's not cheap TBH. But ya....the fact that the remaining blast is from the same batch where I conceive the twins makes me think twice about discarding it for now. So yeap....just gona renew for the time being till i'm mentally ready.
Don't discard them man, you look how cute your twins are and who knows, it could be another set of dragon phoenix twins :)