IVF/ICSI Support Group

I tested on 8dp5dt, it was negative and i dont even see the slightest line on the kit. I thought to myself it might be a failed one cos i dint have any symtoms.

Tested again on 12dp5dt as i wanted to prep myself mentally for the BT 2 days later. The line appeared! Cfm with the digital kit the following day.

Give yourself more time if you dont see a positive response days before BT. The little one might just need more time.
Today is my 7dpt5dt... was thinking to poas tomorrow but after reading your post, maybe I should wait. Hahaha it’s so nerve wrecking!! Did you have any symptoms during the tww?? Anyway congrats on your bfp!!! :)

I tested on 8dp5dt, it was negative and i dont even see the slightest line on the kit. I thought to myself it might be a failed one cos i dint have any symtoms.

Tested again on 12dp5dt as i wanted to prep myself mentally for the BT 2 days later. The line appeared! Cfm with the digital kit the following day.

Give yourself more time if you dont see a positive response days before BT. The little one might just need more time.
I’m at my 7dpt5dt, wanted to poas tomorrow but after reading your post. Maybe I should wait awhile more.. haha did you have any symptoms during your tww?? Anyway congrats on for BFP!!!!

towkayneo

If you ladies have extra POAS kit, do try, it can be exciting to wait for the 2nd line to appear. I'm a POAS addict, so even when I got the line, I will still test every morning to make sure it gets darker :p

Good luck.

Bunny33

Hugssss they already start doing that way before? Why would they want to give people false hope like that. Sigh.

Jiayou babe. I also cant help to not feel positive since it din start on a good note. its just 1dp5dt when do u all usually test?
I believe Dr Tan is overwhelmed with too many patients on his last few days at kkh. As much as he would like to help but he can only do so much which could be the reason why there was a last min change of dr. I feel stimulation stage n dr diagnosis is more important to have the right dr than embryo transfer. ET most dr should have the skill to do it. All the best.

rainbowdreams1011

Hi I am new here and will be doing ivf with doc Sadhana? Any review on her?
How is she? Cos she seems on the safe side. I am over 40+ yrs old so thought that I need more aggressive doctor due to age factor.
This will be my first ivf so I feel blur with all the procedure.
Dr Sadhana is good! She’s very experienced. I think she’s already around when Dr SF Loh was around. Dr Tan HH is the disciple of Dr SF Loh. Dr SF Loh is now at TMC. But she is a very matter-of-fact doctor. Not like Dr Tan HH who is very empathetic towards patients.

jkoh

Dr Sadhana is good! She’s very experienced. I think she’s already around when Dr SF Loh was around. Dr Tan HH is the disciple of Dr SF Loh. Dr SF Loh is now at TMC. But she is a very matter-of-fact doctor. Not like Dr Tan HH who is very empathetic towards patients.
agree! Lol i have seen all 3 before too!

after bfp when do you all officially get discharge from the ivf program and move on to private gynae? Any gynae outside to recommend who accepts ivf babies?

Alishablond

after bfp when do you all officially get discharge from the ivf program and move on to private gynae? Any gynae outside to recommend who accepts ivf babies?
At 10w6days was my last visit Prof Wong, he made appointment for me for week 13 with high risk pregnancy doc Prof Biswas, bc I decided to stay with nuh. After that every 3 weeks I have appointment with ultrasound scan.

snow19

I stick to dr tan throughout even im bfp coz i think not all doc accepts ivf babies

jayjayqueenie

Dr sf loh was not like this but maybe he was always on tv, giving him a huge influx of patients. So it did not matter to him whether u stuck with him. I did not stay with him either lol.

Kelly Ng

Hi everyone! I would like to remove multiple fibroids before going for IVF next year. Anyone did this procedure before or have any good doctor to recommend? I am 40 and would like to get this done so i can conceive. Appreciate all info.

Kelly Ng

I will remove it. u don’t want to start a cycle with this fibroid thingy at the back of your mind. Yes even though some fibroids are at a position that will not hinder implantation but with the progress of pregnancy the fibroid may grow bigger as well. Lap surgery in my opinion is a good option to take this chance to clean up the womb. A skillful dr will not scar your lining. I understand your concern for age catching up. You can discuss with dr if it’s possible to do stim jab and retrieved the eggs and freeze them while u proceed for Lap surgery. Once u recovered u can do FET. Lap surgery is not as scary and I can go back to my routine after few days.
Hi! May i know which doc u went to for the surgery? Will i be hospitalise after the surgery?
How many days do u need to rest?

Dreamscometrue

Hi! May i know which doc u went to for the surgery? Will i be hospitalise after the surgery?
How many days do u need to rest?
Hi, I did remove my fibroids before. Think stayed 1 night in hosp. But after that can’t rem how Long I was given HL. Have to rest for 6 months before u can do transfer.

So what I did was, did stimulation and egg retrieval first, then did the removal. After that then do frozen transfer. Save time

But I did not get preg for that transfer after the removal. Because not all fibroids will hinder implementation but if that’s the only u have not tried, then no harm trying.

Almondearie

Hi ,

I’ve 69 tabs of dydrogesterone 10mg tablets to give away. Expiry July 2023.

Plus another 53 tabs of progynova, expiry jul 2020.

And 47 tabs of aspirin... and 5 sticks of Crinone.

Just need to pay postage. Pls pm me.

Thanks.

Last edited:

najnaj

Hi,
Had bt tested positive but very low hcg, will need to repeat bt again. Doc did not see much chances for a viable pregnancy.
This is my 2nd medicated FET, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst. Doc thinks likely due to embryo quality/chromosomes issues. First medicated FET failed, transferred 2 very good day 5 blastocysts that time.
Anyone experiencing similar issues? What could be done better? Is it really a matter of luck and perseverance?
Thanks.

milogal88

Hi,
Had bt tested positive but very low hcg, will need to repeat bt again. Doc did not see much chances for a viable pregnancy.
This is my 2nd medicated FET, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst. Doc thinks likely due to embryo quality/chromosomes issues. First medicated FET failed, transferred 2 very good day 5 blastocysts that time.
Anyone experiencing similar issues? What could be done better? Is it really a matter of luck and perseverance?
Thanks.
Have you done any checks such as NK cells, immunology issues, sticky blood, vit D deficiency etc? If not, suggest you can get yourself checked and see if any one of it is the root of the problem. You might wish to check out Dr Sheila Vasoo whom will be able to help. I seen her previously also due to multiple implantation failures despite transferring good quality embryos.

You can read about her here:-
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/she-helps-couples-with-recurrent-miscarriages

Her clinic info:-
http://www.arc-clinic.com.sg/about.html

najnaj

Have you done any checks such as NK cells, immunology issues, sticky blood, vit D deficiency etc? If not, suggest you can get yourself checked and see if any one of it is the root of the problem. You might wish to check out Dr Sheila Vasoo whom will be able to help. I seen her previously also due to multiple implantation failures despite transferring good quality embryos.

You can read about her here:-
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/she-helps-couples-with-recurrent-miscarriages

Her clinic info:-
http://www.arc-clinic.com.sg/about.html
Hi milogal88,
Thanks for sharing!
I did ask my doc about this. But she does not recommend this at this stage, as I only did 2 FETs so far. Were you referred to go for these checks after multiple attempts? Or you decide to go by yourself? Roughly how much does it cost?
Thanks.

milogal88

Hi milogal88,
Thanks for sharing!
I did ask my doc about this. But she does not recommend this at this stage, as I only did 2 FETs so far. Were you referred to go for these checks after multiple attempts? Or you decide to go by yourself? Roughly how much does it cost?
Thanks.
I decided to go myself as I felt that everything is good, embroys, lining etc. and I go for TCM (with acupuncture) regularly. So something must be wrong somewhere. But to be fair, previously when I was in my teens I already have some immunity issues so I kinda know I might have issues conceiving but my previous doc isn’t versed in this area. So I did my own research before deciding to see Dr Sheila. I did the test 4 years ago and that was around 1K+. Not sure about the current rates as it’s also dependent what tests Dr Sheila will ask you to do. I personally feel it’s better to check and ensure there is no underlying issues rather than keep going for the IVF cycles which is time consuming, emotionally draining, not cost effective and wasting the good embroys.

najnaj

I decided to go myself as I felt that everything is good, embroys, lining etc. and I go for TCM (with acupuncture) regularly. So something must be wrong somewhere. But to be fair, previously when I was in my teens I already have some immunity issues so I kinda know I might have issues conceiving but my previous doc isn’t versed in this area. So I did my own research before deciding to see Dr Sheila. I did the test 4 years ago and that was around 1K+. Not sure about the current rates as it’s also dependent what tests Dr Sheila will ask you to do. I personally feel it’s better to check and ensure there is no underlying issues rather than keep going for the IVF cycles which is time consuming, emotionally draining, not cost effective and wasting the good embroys.
Hi milogal88,
Thanks for sharing all these. Yes, every round is emotionally wrecking. I failed 2x iui and 2x fet all within this year. It really took me very long to recover from the loss of my first FET failure.

milogal88

Hi milogal88,
Thanks for sharing all these. Yes, every round is emotionally wrecking. I failed 2x iui and 2x fet all within this year. It really took me very long to recover from the loss of my first FET failure.
Well, to make you feel better, I failed x7 IUI/SO-IUI, x2 fresh, x1 natural FET before finally succeeding on medicated FET. I believe there’re also many sisters out there whom have gone thru a lot more than me. The first failure is always the hardest to swallow as we go in with hopes and certain expectations considering the stars seemed to be aligned but results turn out otherwise.

But, it is important to pick up the pieces and don’t look back on the failed cycle. Instead, read up and see what you can do to boost up the next cycle, either changing a diet, going for TCM, discuss with your doc what more can be done for the next cycle (e.g. endo scratch), or like I mentioned, check if you any underlying issues which may be hindering the implantation.

Wallowing in sadness is not going to help. But moving on will.

So, indulge in a good meal, go for a short getaway, cry if you need to and come back stronger. Preserve on and your efforts will pay off eventually. Hugs to you!

dontlosehope

Does anyone know if im still eligible for govt co-fund for fresh cycle? I have done 1 fresh with Pte, 2 fresh with KKH, and 1 FET with KKH. Do I still left with 1 more govt co-fund for 4th fresh with KKH? thank you in advance!

Also, now that Dr Tan has left, the next best choice in KKH will be Dr Sadhana?

lady081980

Does anyone know if im still eligible for govt co-fund for fresh cycle? I have done 1 fresh with Pte, 2 fresh with KKH, and 1 FET with KKH. Do I still left with 1 more govt co-fund for 4th fresh with KKH? thank you in advance!

Also, now that Dr Tan has left, the next best choice in KKH will be Dr Sadhana?
U still left 1 fresh govt subsidies of 7.7k to utilise for ur 4th fresh base on ur description. But ur medisave of 15k should be deplete and forking out of cash is unavoidable

dontlosehope

U still left 1 fresh govt subsidies of 7.7k to utilise for ur 4th fresh base on ur description. But ur medisave of 15k should be deplete and forking out of cash is unavoidable
oh, thank u for your reply! Ya I understand that my medisave of 15k has been depleted. Shall proceed for 4th fresh if my 2nd FET failed.