IVF/ICSI Support Group

My transfer should be in the end of sept:)I’m with Prof Wong.
Have you started Mercilon pills?

so means u will be having a cover duty doctor as well :) cuz prof away end sep.

i am on mercilon yes. so means u opt for medicated too :)

my 1st round of period has finished but i am still seeing drops of red in my underwear. is it same for u ?

Hello to you girls! Recently, I just failed my 2nd attempt of fresh ivf - yield eggs, mature but not fertilised. So did not even have the chance for ET. It was such a sad moment for me.

I did fresh and frozen in KKIVF and was successful.

So I went over to try in NUH and failed.

I dont know if I should give NUH another try or go back to KKH.

Hello to you girls! Recently, I just failed my 2nd attempt of fresh ivf - yield eggs, mature but not fertilised. So did not even have the chance for ET. It was such a sad moment for me.

I did fresh and frozen in KKIVF and was successful.

So I went over to try in NUH and failed.

I dont know if I should give NUH another try or go back to KKH.

if your experience at kkh is a success i would reckon that u return to kkh. but i understand the wait at kkh might be longer than nuh ?

Hi ladies, want to checked if anyone of you had a different fet protocol used instead using progynova to increase lining? I have cancelled 3 cycles as taking progynova could not help me reach the minimum 8mm lining :(

Hi everyone. I’m 37, and have had 2 m/c in the last 2 years. First in 2016, natural conception, 9wks; then last year from my first IVF cycle FET day 5 blast, 7wks. Subsequent FET didn’t yield success so all 4 snowies from cycle 1 are used up. I was seeing Dr. Fong Yang, and Sincere IVF did my cycle and screening for me.

We took a break, as you ladies all know, this is really an emotionally and physically straining effort.

We came back to NUH in April, and because I meet all the criteria for the PGS trial (10 times over? ;)), we are now in the programme with Prof Wong.

I’ve seen some questions on the forum and have some of my own of course... this is a clinical trial but we thought it’s worthwhile given our history, to give this a shot.

And because this is so new, and so many women will probably be interested in my journey, I decided to share here, to get your support and encouragement.

I’ve had my oocyte retrieval last Friday (yup, prof was on leave so Dr. Stephen chew did it for me), 15 embies are now growing. At Day 5 (on Wed?), we will know if any of them make it for the biopsy to submit cells for PGS, and how many can be frozen.

Definitely no fresh transfers for me since they need time for PGS etc. I’ve been reading online about PGS and getting really confused... have anyone here done PGS abroad before?

What if they screen the blasts and all are abnormal? No transfers then?

Hi everyone! I’m finally starting my FET after some hiccups and delays (was supposed to do in July)!

My last FET was 5 years ago so I have forgotten everything. I’m transferring day 3 embryos that I froze from a fresh cycle 5 years ago, and hoping they will thaw nicely.

Would some kind soul please refresh my memory on what to eat for FET? I can only remember red bean soup before FET to prepare lining, and Brazil nuts after FET for implantation. Thank you!! ❤️

Hi everyone. I’m 37, and have had 2 m/c in the last 2 years. First in 2016, natural conception, 9wks; then last year from my first IVF cycle FET day 5 blast, 7wks. Subsequent FET didn’t yield success so all 4 snowies from cycle 1 are used up. I was seeing Dr. Fong Yang, and Sincere IVF did my cycle and screening for me.

We took a break, as you ladies all know, this is really an emotionally and physically straining effort.

We came back to NUH in April, and because I meet all the criteria for the PGS trial (10 times over? ;)), we are now in the programme with Prof Wong.

I’ve seen some questions on the forum and have some of my own of course... this is a clinical trial but we thought it’s worthwhile given our history, to give this a shot.

And because this is so new, and so many women will probably be interested in my journey, I decided to share here, to get your support and encouragement.

I’ve had my oocyte retrieval last Friday (yup, prof was on leave so Dr. Stephen chew did it for me), 15 embies are now growing. At Day 5 (on Wed?), we will know if any of them make it for the biopsy to submit cells for PGS, and how many can be frozen.

Definitely no fresh transfers for me since they need time for PGS etc. I’ve been reading online about PGS and getting really confused... have anyone here done PGS abroad before?

Hey Salami :) Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the journey you've been on, and for sharing about the PGS trial you're currently on. So sorry to hear about your two miscarriages ): It must have been so hard for both you and your husband. Reaching out to give you a virtual hug!

All the best and hoping that your embies will continue to grow well :) Do let us know how the rest of the PGS journey goes, if you're comfortable sharing about it :)

Hey ladies, wanted to ask if anyone has experienced a longer than usual period after an unsuccessful fresh transfer/FET? My period (the heaviest of it) is usually more or less done in 4 or 5 days, but this time, it was still pretty heavy on Day 7. Today is Day 10 and I'm still spotting. Was wondering if this is normal?

Hi everyone! I’m finally starting my FET after some hiccups and delays (was supposed to do in July)!

My last FET was 5 years ago so I have forgotten everything. I’m transferring day 3 embryos that I froze from a fresh cycle 5 years ago, and hoping they will thaw nicely.

Would some kind soul please refresh my memory on what to eat for FET? I can only remember red bean soup before FET to prepare lining, and Brazil nuts after FET for implantation. Thank you!!

i would think that would be good plus remember your multivits and folic :)

i have only read about what they do in US. actually the opinions are divided. it is true that u can find disorders that may lead to miscarriage or bfns. some of them think that u might hurt the embryo because you are taking a portion of it out to test.

some of them in the US would still transfer abnormal chromosomes because they believe that some of the abnormailities will resolve itself during pregnancy.

Hey ladies, wanted to ask if anyone has experienced a longer than usual period after an unsuccessful fresh transfer/FET? My period (the heaviest of it) is usually more or less done in 4 or 5 days, but this time, it was still pretty heavy on Day 7. Today is Day 10 and I'm still spotting. Was wondering if this is normal?

Hi, yes it has happened to me before. Mine also “lingered” on for almost a week after 5-7 days of full flow. I think it’s the build up of extra lining from the meds and the progesterone delaying the period further. If you’re up to it, get a bit of walking in, the circulation will help.

Hi ladies, want to checked if anyone of you had a different fet protocol used instead using progynova to increase lining? I have cancelled 3 cycles as taking progynova could not help me reach the minimum 8mm lining :(

Only progynova for me but I personally find that moderate exercise and good quality sleep... leading up to the transfer help.

Protein diet is good but most think protein = meat but nowadays there’s a lot of hormones in commercial meat and dairy. These hormones mess with our hormones and the medicated therapy.

So if you can opt for a more plant based diet or if you like meat, try organic meat? A lot of grains like quinoa, oats are very high in protein, not just beans (soy also messes with hormones).

Hi ladies. I’m with NUH. Does anyone know if doctor is able to tell us our lining thickness during ET day? My lining has been thin and would like to know if they can check the thickness on the day the embryo is transferred. Thanks!

Hi ladies. I’m with NUH. Does anyone know if doctor is able to tell us our lining thickness during ET day? My lining has been thin and would like to know if they can check the thickness on the day the embryo is transferred. Thanks!

Are you doing fet also? Usually before fet doctor will arrange for a scan to see if lining is good and thereafter schedule for et

Hi Salami,

I did PGS in KL. I had 7 blastocysts but only the 2 best ones were eligible for the pgs screening.
1 came back normal and the other had down syndrome so was discarded. the other 5 were also discarded. :(

transferred the pgs normal one few months back but still a bfn! :(

Hi Salami,

I did PGS in KL. I had 7 blastocysts but only the 2 best ones were eligible for the pgs screening.
1 came back normal and the other had down syndrome so was discarded. the other 5 were also discarded. :(

Pgs/pgd tested normal doesn’t contribute to bfp. In the end is all about luck.

Hi,

I was enrolled into the PGS study during my ivf done at NUH with Prof.

Yes, if the cells biopsied are aneuploid (abnormal), then those embryo (s) will not be transferred.

Did u manage to get to speak with the PGS research nurse? She would be best to clarify all your doubts :)

Good luck!

Are you doing fet also? Usually before fet doctor will arrange for a scan to see if lining is good and thereafter schedule for et

Yes FET. I did a scan recently but is wondering whether during these few days did it manage to grow so am thinking if doctor can measure it on ET day

Hi, does anyone know when will KKIVF centre be closed for cleaning this year? I planned my IVF in Nov. Not sure if I can proceed...

If the lining is thin, the transfer may be postponed. You can check with them the lining thickness on that day, if eligible for the transfer.

Hi,

I was enrolled into the PGS study during my ivf done at NUH with Prof.

Yes, if the cells biopsied are aneuploid (abnormal), then those embryo (s) will not be transferred.

Did u manage to get to speak with the PGS research nurse? She would be best to clarify all your doubts :)

Good luck!

Hi Joy12,
Thanks for sharing. Yes I spoke with her extensively and she confirmed the understanding that any embryos screened to be “mosaic”, abnormal or have inconclusive findings, will NOT be transferred.

There’s extensive research ongoing that proves that some mosaic embryos can still correct and result in good pregnancies.

Also, not all screened normal embryos result in successful pregnancies, as mentioned by Hopeful23 and others.

We thought long and hard about it and decided that we should give all the embryos that have made it so far to D5/6 blastocysts a chance to see what’s meant to be - holding on to our team mantra of “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” :)

How did your PGS cycle with Prof go in the end, Joy?

Jia you everyone!!!

Hi Salami,

Thanks for sharing. Your msg added another data point to aid our decision...

Keep trying. We’re here for you.

I have very poor lining too. Barely hit a 8mm EXCEPT for the recent FET (which failed btw). Besides Progynova, I had 4 patches to help build up the lining. What I did differently was to eat healthier food, more home-cooked food and less outside food. Had some red bean which I read from this forum that helps too. I guess diet helps for me.

Not sure why your protocol is cancelled, coz usually KKH will give you more time to build your lining. It definitely took me about CD20 to reach the optimal thickness and ET on CD25.

sorry i want to rant. my office building is under renovation. because of that the smell...zzz...
i know such things cannot be avoided but i am thinking to bring my face mask tomorrow. i feel nausea from the chemical smell.

Hi Joy12,
Thanks for sharing. Yes I spoke with her extensively and she confirmed the understanding that any embryos screened to be “mosaic”, abnormal or have inconclusive findings, will NOT be transferred.

There’s extensive research ongoing that proves that some mosaic embryos can still correct and result in good pregnancies.

Also, not all screened normal embryos result in successful pregnancies, as mentioned by Hopeful23 and others.

We thought long and hard about it and decided that we should give all the embryos that have made it so far to D5/6 blastocysts a chance to see what’s meant to be - holding on to our team mantra of “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” :)

How did your PGS cycle with Prof go in the end, Joy?

Jia you everyone!!!

Hi dear, ya i had the same worries and concerns you had as well. I remember we had to think long and hard before making the decision to enrol into PGS.

In general, only 40-50% of embryos are euploid, and this percentage reduces with maternal age.

The main advantage of PGS we felt was its abiliity to identify euploid embryos for transfer (though not all euploid embryos result in successful pregnancies), resulting in a higher success rate PER TRANSFER, hence time to pregnancy may be shortened, and it also reduces the chances of miscarriage and trisomies.

The main disadvantage we were concerned about as well is the possibility of the autocorrecting potential of mosaic embryos like you mentioned, and it would be a pity if these are not given a chance to be transferred.

Also, PGS does not actually increase the cumulative pregnancy rate PER EGG RETRIEVAL when compared with transferring all embryos available from the cycle, without going through PGS, ie PGS only helps to save time.

In my case, in view of the above, I was firm that if I did not have 3 or more embryos by the time they are ready to be biopsied then there would be not much point to proceed with the PGS.

Unfortunately, my fertilisation rate at NUH had been very low, 2 out of 5 matured eggs fertilised, hence I told the the embryologist not to proceed with the PGS, and just transferred both as fresh.

Dear you have very good numbers of embryos, and I wish you all the best and that PGS would help give you some information on the reasons for previous failures, as well as help you identify the strongest embryos for your next transfer! Good luck dear!

Last edited:
Yes FET. I did a scan recently but is wondering whether during these few days did it manage to grow so am thinking if doctor can measure it on ET day

I did my FET there early this year. In the OT my Dr did say the lining is nice but that's about it. I don't think they will measure it cos they would want to do the transfer asap. I think decision to go on for the FET would be made on the last scan. If you don't want to proceed then they will cancel but you would have to pay for all the medications etc. I had an abandoned cycle before due to my hormones not surging.

Hi, yes it has happened to me before. Mine also “lingered” on for almost a week after 5-7 days of full flow. I think it’s the build up of extra lining from the meds and the progesterone delaying the period further. If you’re up to it, get a bit of walking in, the circulation will help.

It's great to know it's nothing much to be worried about whew :) and thanks for the tip, will try walking around a bit more :)

Only Progynova for me too, but there are some benefits from taking Evening Primrose Oil that help with uterine health. I've been taking it since before ttc till now, and so far my uterus lining hasn't been the problem (although I can't be super sure that's what's really helping, but no harm giving it a shot if you're keen to try something new).

A small note though - and I'll copy and paste it here:
[It is believed that the high levels of LA and GLA’s in Evening Primrose Oil have a direct effect on uterine cells. These contract and relax smooth muscle tissue. This action on the uterus is toning for the uterine muscles in preparation for pregnancy. EPO is NOT suggested for use after ovulation when a woman is trying to conceive. If a woman is pregnant, or thinks she may be pregnant, she should not not use EPO because the uterus may begin to contract. In some women this may lead to pre-term labor or miscarriage; though there is little evidence of this. Nonetheless, it is always best to use caution when using EPO if you think you may be pregnant.]

You can read the rest here: https://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-evening-primrose-oil.html

Hope it helps a little :)

Hi Salami,

Sorry to hear that :( don't lose hope n let's try again

Ya... although there are still deductibles from our medisave, I’m just glad that I don’t have to fork out any cash. We are indeed at a good place.

Though a bit upset that we won’t be able to start the cycle straightaway but I guess I have to be patient to find the real problem first. Or else I’ll be wasting all my blast and failed with unknown reasons. Like you said, it’s a marathon!

Yea better not to waste them! Pray for good news for u

My iui In June failed and I have IVF scheduled for Sept. I’m quite worried and some advice will be really helpful..

I have PCOS and I have not had my AF for 2 months. Is 1 month induced for IVF sufficient or sld I induce for atleast 2 cycles?
Doc told me to loose weight in order to increase my chance.. have been trying to but it’s just so hard and im worries that inducing AF with meds will only cause more weight gain..

Hi sistas,

I used to come here frequently few years ago. I had failed in several IVF attempts and eventually got preggie naturally.

I will be returning100 red eggs this coming Wednesday 22 Aug (by 3pm latest) to ZSNN at Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple - 15 Arumugan Road ( next to Macpherson train station). Hoping to spread baby dust to all of you here.

Also want to encourage sisters here to keep a positive outlook and all the best!

Cheers,
Sonique

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the advice. We decided in the end not to do PGS to give all the Day 5 blastocysts a chance. Our FE
yay
what is your prognosis ?

Not sure what you mean?
I’m on a medicated cycle and we managed to freeze 7 blasts in the end.

starting the meds and proceeding with life waiting patiently for our transfer day!

Hi sistas,

I used to come here frequently few years ago. I had failed in several IVF attempts and eventually got preggie naturally.

I will be returning100 red eggs this coming Wednesday 22 Aug (by 3pm latest) to ZSNN at Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple - 15 Arumugan Road ( next to Macpherson train station). Hoping to spread baby dust to all of you here.

Also want to encourage sisters here to keep a positive outlook and all the best!

Cheers,
Sonique

congratulations. so these red eggs are due to ivf too ? :)

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the advice. We decided in the end not to do PGS to give all the Day 5 blastocysts a chance. Our FE

Not sure what you mean?
I’m on a medicated cycle and we managed to freeze 7 blasts in the end.

starting the meds and proceeding with life waiting patiently for our transfer day!

yes agree !
wait ! lol.
i mean my hubby has poor sperm profile and i have sleeping thyroid. so what’s your case ? :)
sorry if i have missed really about your case.
i must have been reading in too many places T.T

Yea better not to waste them! Pray for good news for u
I’m actually at KK now. It’s so crowded. Will be getting my genetic blood test report and review with Dr Sadhana.

I’m in a dilemma. I’m not sure if I want the report to point out some problems so that we can have it resolved. Or having a perfectly ok report and we are back to square 1, not knowing what went wrong.

Hi ladies,

I just did my ET on Monday. So now is the 2ww. Is there anyone that did that ET recently and is waiting to take their blood test?

Did anyone buy pregnancy test kit to test before going for the blood test? Wondering if I should do that. The wait is too long....

Back