IVF/ICSI Support Group

Why did you head straight to FET? Usually docs will let you try fresh transfers first before frozen.

A few general things to look out for when doing FET: Embryo (I am a firm believer of blastos) and lining (Please make sure lining is clear from hydrosalphinx fluid, growths etc and at least 8mm. Ideal would be 10-12mm, nothing too thin, nothing too thick). Can work on the lining by drinking soya bean milk, red bean soup and food high in protein.

First cycle I did a fresh transfer of blastocyst without removing my hydrosalpinx. So doc believed that's the cause of that failed cycle. Subsequently I did a fet after removing the hydrosalpinx but still bfn.

I then did a 2nd fresh at another clinic and that clinic only does FET. Bfn too.

I did my 3rd fresh recently back at kkh and with a totally different stim this time round.

First cycle I did a fresh transfer of blastocyst without removing my hydrosalpinx. So doc believed that's the cause of that failed cycle. Subsequently I did a fet after removing the hydrosalpinx but still bfn.

I then did a 2nd fresh at another clinic and that clinic only does FET. Bfn too.

I did my 3rd fresh recently back at kkh and with a totally different stim this time round.
Hi Hopeful, when you said you removed your hydro, are you referring to unblocking your affected tube or removing the affected tube?

You may want to consider womb scratching. May help. Who's your doc?

Ohh i see! Yeah Dr Shakina is really sweet. I was quite sad when I saw her after my negative FET blood test and she gave me a hug and said that it may take a bit longer but we'll get there. I found that really encouraging, cus sometimes the journey can feel so long and discouraging.

I'm with her too and yes, she is really sweet. I got a hug from her too when I failed. I love how she is always so chirpy. :)

how’s everyone ? ;)

Not too great...always feel really emotionally down the few days after an unsuccessful attempt ): But trying to think of things that I can be thankful and happy for! What do you girls do or how do you encourage yourselves after an unsuccessful attempt?

Thanks for checking in with everyone jayjayqueenie :) How's you?

Not too great...always feel really emotionally down the few days after an unsuccessful attempt ): But trying to think of things that I can be thankful and happy for! What do you girls do or how do you encourage yourselves after an unsuccessful attempt?

hey hang in there. cry if u feel like it.

i am fine ;) just that af visited and its soooo heavy.
i got long pads with me but not very helpful.

tmr follow up to see when is my fet.

so 2ww now ?
happy 2ww.
No no, I am at CD7, 9 more days to my TWW. but then again, Dr Shakina is on leave. I dont know if there is any relief doctor that could help to scan/perform the procedure.. Still waiting for the nurses to get back to me.. I dont wanna waste another month waiting :( :( :(

Hi Hopeful, when you said you removed your hydro, are you referring to unblocking your affected tube or removing the affected tube?

You may want to consider womb scratching. May help. Who's your doc?

I removed the whole left swollen tube. I just did my endo scratch before I started my fresh cycle. My doc is Dr thh.

*hugs* hope you are feeling better today.

I would cry and let it out then I'll go for a holiday to 'reset'. After that I'll go for the next cycle.

No no, I am at CD7, 9 more days to my TWW. but then again, Dr Shakina is on leave. I dont know if there is any relief doctor that could help to scan/perform the procedure.. Still waiting for the nurses to get back to me.. I dont wanna waste another month waiting :( :( :(

u might get some of the big doctors...dr stephen chew, prof wong :) that was what happened to my friend.

hey hang in there. cry if u feel like it.

i am fine ;) just that af visited and its soooo heavy.
i got long pads with me but not very helpful.

tmr follow up to see when is my fet.
Same here! Starting my new cycle today. Af just came which I’m glad so that I don’t have to wait too long. Went for genetic blood test with hubby this morning due to multiple failed transfers. Just to find out what exactly is the problem. Hope we could get some answers. Will have an appt with my doctor next Friday.

Same here! Starting my new cycle today. Af just came which I’m glad so that I don’t have to wait too long. Went for genetic blood test with hubby this morning due to multiple failed transfers. Just to find out what exactly is the problem. Hope we could get some answers. Will have an appt with my doctor next Friday.

good luck and let us have an update ok ? :)

i follow a US ivf group. there are couples with unexplained fertility and have no luck at ivf. so they tested and were indeed found to have genetic issues. the name is also unheard of and sounds complicated. i do wonder to what extent were we tested.

good luck and let us have an update ok ? :)

i follow a US ivf group. there are couples with unexplained fertility and have no luck at ivf. so they tested and were indeed found to have genetic issues. the name is also unheard of and sounds complicated. i do wonder to what extent were we tested.
I follow some of the US groups too. We are indeed lucky to have some subsidies for ivf/iui treatments here. Most of them have to come out from their own pockets for each sessions and due to the high cost, it’s quite stressful for them.

So this blood test is not covered. Each of us has to pay $500. So about 1k plus after Gst. I hope we can really get some findings from it. That said, means I can’t start my FET this cycle. Have to wait till next month. Bummed!

I follow some of the US groups too. We are indeed lucky to have some subsidies for ivf/iui treatments here. Most of them have to come out from their own pockets for each sessions and due to the high cost, it’s quite stressful for them.

So this blood test is not covered. Each of us has to pay $500. So about 1k plus after Gst. I hope we can really get some findings from it. That said, means I can’t start my FET this cycle. Have to wait till next month. Bummed!

Yeah, totally agree with you that we're really fortunate to have quite a bit of subsidies for IUI/IVF treatments. Super thankful whenever I see that so far most of the bills can be covered by subsidies and medisave...

Oh man, *hugs* hang in there...it must feel so frustrating for you to not be able to start this cycle. Really hope you guys are able to find the answers that you need from the tests...

if i understood correctly, their medical funding is changed such that their insurance/subsidies are now limited right ? poor things.

Yeah, totally agree with you that we're really fortunate to have quite a bit of subsidies for IUI/IVF treatments. Super thankful whenever I see that so far most of the bills can be covered by subsidies and medisave...

Oh man, *hugs* hang in there...it must feel so frustrating for you to not be able to start this cycle. Really hope you guys are able to find the answers that you need from the tests...
Ya... although there are still deductibles from our medisave, I’m just glad that I don’t have to fork out any cash. We are indeed at a good place.

Though a bit upset that we won’t be able to start the cycle straightaway but I guess I have to be patient to find the real problem first. Or else I’ll be wasting all my blast and failed with unknown reasons. Like you said, it’s a marathon!

if i understood correctly, their medical funding is changed such that their insurance/subsidies are now limited right ? poor things.
I’m not very clear on that. But for sure they have limited funds coverage. So they even have to be mindful of the medications they are taking. Some even have to compromise for a cheaper medication option.

Have you gotten a date for your transfer yet?

I’m not very clear on that. But for sure they have limited funds coverage. So they even have to be mindful of the medications they are taking. Some even have to compromise for a cheaper medication option.

Have you gotten a date for your transfer yet?

yeap. posted earlier. end sep ;)
so looking forward to my next leave.
so not looking forward to work lol.

e6946c7235eaf718ca9f65cf632c4ddc.jpg

just out of curiousity, anyone knows where the clinic will inject me with this one ?

i am hoping they will inject on my buttocks.

e6946c7235eaf718ca9f65cf632c4ddc.jpg

just out of curiousity, anyone knows where the clinic will inject me with this one ?

i am hoping they will inject on my buttocks.

It will be on the butt. This one is ok. Not painful.

The painful one is Proluton. That's super ouch and worst of all injections I've had. Even Pergoveris seems painless when compared to it.

Last edited:
Thank you :) and yeah, having a good cry really does help! Feeling much better today.

IVF is really more like a marathon than a sprint! Gotta persevere to last the long haul

It may take a few days/weeks to recover but you'll feel better enough to do FET/start a new cycle soon! Jiayou!

Indeed it is more like a marathon. Plus there's hurdles here and there. It's really tiring physically, mentally and emotionally. However, we have to remain positive. My husband told me this the first time I did IVF and I have made this my IVF motto : Hope for the best, expect the worst.

It may take a few days/weeks to recover but you'll feel better enough to do FET/start a new cycle soon! Jiayou!

Indeed it is more like a marathon. Plus there's hurdles here and there. It's really tiring physically, mentally and emotionally. However, we have to remain positive. My husband told me this the first time I did IVF and I have made this my IVF motto : Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Thanks! :) I'll try to keep the 'Hope for the best, expect the worst' mentality to manage my expectations.

If you don't mind my asking, how many cycles of egg retrievals and embryo/blastocyst transfers did you take for a successful one?

It will be on the butt. This one is ok. Not painful.

The painful one is Proluton. That's super ouch and worst of all injections I've had. Even Pergoveris seems painless when compared to it.

Oh man seriously this one didn't hurt for you girls?! I usually have quite a high tolerance for pain, but this one hurt for me! When the jab went in it was painful but still bearable, and then for the rest of the afternoon after the jab till like, evening the next day, I felt as if I had a very, very bad case of muscle ache on the side of my butt that was jabbed. Maybe I just have a strange bodily reaction to the meds...

Oh man seriously this one didn't hurt for you girls?! I usually have quite a high tolerance for pain, but this one hurt for me! When the jab went in it was painful but still bearable, and then for the rest of the afternoon after the jab till like, evening the next day, I felt as if I had a very, very bad case of muscle ache on the side of my butt that was jabbed. Maybe I just have a strange bodily reaction to the meds...

oh yikes! i think i heard this proluton jab is very very painful even for people with high tolerance to pain...

Last edited:
Hi hi, been following this thread for sometime. Will be gg for Ivf likely in Sept or Oct. This is gg to be my second fresh cycle. The 1st Ivf was a couple of year ago n back then I didn't prepare the body. Would like to ask if there's anything I should eat or drink to prepare the body. Thanks in advance to all the advise.

Hi hi, been following this thread for sometime. Will be gg for Ivf likely in Sept or Oct. This is gg to be my second fresh cycle. The 1st Ivf was a couple of year ago n back then I didn't prepare the body. Would like to ask if there's anything I should eat or drink to prepare the body. Thanks in advance to all the advise.

what was your condition in your 1st ivf ? is it male infertility or female one ?

for male i force my hubby eat vitamins prescribed by hospital. for myself i make sure i eat multivits and folic. that is the minimum requirement i give myself.

u know in US they also believe in accupuncture. :)

what was your condition in your 1st ivf ? is it male infertility or female one ?

for male i force my hubby eat vitamins prescribed by hospital. for myself i make sure i eat multivits and folic. that is the minimum requirement i give myself.

u know in US they also believe in accupuncture. :)
Shd be me I guess since I have pcos. I tried iui x3 all failed hence Dr suggested Ivf. I had pretty bad ohss bad then. Therefore Dr suggested to so a fet transfer as I'm consider as high risk for ohss again. Thanks for the advise. I shall start multi vit as well as folic acid soon. As for acupuncture any recommendation?

Shd be me I guess since I have pcos. I tried iui x3 all failed hence Dr suggested Ivf. I had pretty bad ohss bad then. Therefore Dr suggested to so a fet transfer as I'm consider as high risk for ohss again. Thanks for the advise. I shall start multi vit as well as folic acid soon. As for acupuncture any recommendation?

32c8c79a40ce609c426a06b7a7e1cf59.jpg

this is from a US group that i joined. some of them are taking these supplements. maybe it helps u.

i go to eu yan seng. if u r interested, u can try eu yan sang. or maybe u want to try thomson tcm because they are also not bad. only they are both quite expensive.

32c8c79a40ce609c426a06b7a7e1cf59.jpg

this is from a US group that i joined. some of them are taking these supplements. maybe it helps u.

i go to eu yan seng. if u r interested, u can try eu yan sang. or maybe u want to try thomson tcm because they are also not bad. only they are both quite expensive.

Wow.. That's Alot to take. Thanks for the tips

Back