IVF/ICSI Support Group

Tks Portia. I'm ok now. Was so panicky on fri nite and even wanted to drag my maid and toddler to KKH with me. Lucky my hubby stopped me. Lol. Sat was bad too with the continued red bleeding (they call it staining here - said this is not a lot). Only the flow at 24-hr clinic was more cos I really miscarry twin 1. On sun, I kinda calmed down and came to the point where 'if bb is meant to be, he/she will be with me'. If not developing well, nature will know best. Surprisingly and luckily, I had no cramps or stomach pain except bleeding/staining. Drs kept asking and pressing my tummy to see if I feel pain. Hope you'll strike next round k and hv a smooth pregnancy.
Hi @pumpkinpie hope you are doing fine , keep us updated, we r here to support u

Babystarz all the best to your BT today too. Hope you get good answers. If your hcg has doubled maybe can ask for scan. Should be able to see sac at least. Ask for v-scan not tummy scan.

I see dr tan at the private suite. Waiting time abt 1 hr generally. He got more time to chit chat w me. Ever spent 30mins in his room, just talking. Consultation is 15 bucks more. But priority q at pharmacy. Some med can b taken at privatr suite directly.

Early pregnancy, scan is always done via vagina. All the trained ADC sonographers n gynae do that.

@iwantahealtbybaby and @jklim,
I had natural FET with late ovulation at D24 on a regular D28 cycle. Pregnova & progesterone support helped lengthen the LH phase. My implantation occurred on D28 when my AF was supposed to come. So natural FET is still possible.

Yes, natural FET is possible for late ovulation. Just tt o hv only 2 previous frozen left. No point taking the risk tt is a not a good cycle tt mth where natural hormones level may not b optimal. My lining was triple at d14. So, another concern also is whether lining ia too old at d25 when ovulation happened. So out of prudence aborted. Damage is 500 plus!

natural FET means no progynva. Which are the hormones released by ovulation. After ET, progesterone pressies r given but thats not ovulation hormones. Also on progyna usu will not ovulate as the med takes control over the body. Natural hv v few med in kkivf

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!! Been slping like a log since 11pm last nite till the ward drs came at 7.30 this morning.
Santhiya, all the best for your ER and ET.
Thanks dearies, you've been so supportive.
Sunflower, the drs came real early. Today, the sub fertilty drs came to see me. Not the ward drs like the past few days. Maybe cos I formally switch out of Dr S's care. So her juniors could come to see me. Would hv done it earlier if I had known or upgrade to private wards. Me didn't know better but it's history now. Overall, the prognosis is not optimistic. The MO saw both my scans at 24-hr clinic where I saw the hb and ytd where I saw none. She said that in the earlier scan, the sac was of a nice shape. Ytd's scan showed an irregularly shaped yolk sac. So chances are not too good. She did say the way the scan was done could also affect the scan results so she said to give it a week and see if things improve. That was useful info and gave me a better idea of what to expect. Told my hubby to prepare for the worst.
Hazel, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with KKH. Must call you the KKH expert in future. Haha.. I know you have kind intentions and spend time explaining the KKH processes. But your tone do sound harsh at times, almost like scolding pp for their ignorance. Not familiar that's y come to forum to ask and be more informed mah. I know your style so I'm ok. So do continue to be our KKH expert. I do appreciate the factual stuff and anedoctal stories you've shared all along. Made me see Dr S in a diff light now. But also got me thinking, this is akin the govt. Hv good intentions, work hard but often misunderstood. Not enuff education/PR done. Cannot just rely on netizens/forummers to speak on their behalf. :p

Hazel, been wanting to ask someone this qn and I think u know best. If u BFP, which gynae would you choose in KKH now? And which are the ones you know are good in KKH?

Talking abt PR skills. No incentive for kkh drs to brush up tt. Coz their revenue not peg to that. If u see dr loh now at tmc vs bk in kkh days, his PR skills r much better! Pte now mah, no PR skills how to retain patients?

Natural fet means no medication until ET where progesterone pressie r given to support pregnancy. So must ovulate, coz need ovulation hormones to build lining. No ovulation or lining less than 8mm, cycle is aborted. It can take many scans and ovulation test kits before LH surge, ie ovulating soon is detected. More time n efforts to keep going down for scans

Medicated, take progynva which gives the ovulating LH hormones artificially n tt build up lining. Usually one scan close to abt d14 is enough to check lining. Min 8mm, proceed to ET. At most 2 scans. Still no gd lining, aborted n next mth dosage of prognya is increased. W this med, rarely will ovulate, but some ladies still do. But ovulation is not required. Progesterone pressie must start 2 days before ET for medicated n progynova cannot stop too.

After ET, progesterone pressies r given for both medicated n natural FET. But for medicated, progynova cannot stop. It has to b continued till end of first trimester where placenta is formed n will take over.

Medicated has less stress. Lower chance of cycle being aborted. But body is loaded w lots of hormones. Like now, i feel sick fr all these hormones, n nausea.. while waiting for ET. If pregnant, even worse!

Hazel, been wanting to ask someone this qn and I think u know best. If u BFP, which gynae would you choose in KKH now? And which are the ones you know are good in KKH?

Remain in kkh n see dr tan hh for the time being. Though dr tan will confirm ask if i wan to transfer over to see dr loh. He has been asking dr loh's pregnant patients tt qn!

Dr tan has good skills. Just not as experienced as dr loh. Thats the con. I Like dr loh but he is in tmc. N i dun like to deliver in tmc. Dr loh is always there, i can always switch to him. But once out pf kkh, tougher to go back.

Dr S has her own ways of doing things. Eg she schedules her own appt, so hard to change appt anytime i wan. Dr tan more easy going, can chit chat n definitely better PR skills.

@pumpkin_pie when I was reading what you wrote, you seem rather stable and calm but I know no one can ever understand what you went through. I did not go through all these, but month after month, no news of a BB is already very sadden, cant imagine about your pains. Will pray for you and hope for the best. Hang in there....

Tks. Are there other good gynaes outside ivf centre that u know? Cos I find the ivf drs are good at helping patients conceive. Once pregnancy is stable, perhaps switch to other gynaes good at monitoring, delivery, stitches etc. Don't have to squeeze with ladies ttc n go to a dr that specializes in the post conception phase.

Angelbb, I would not wish this experience on anyone but I've processed my feelings prior to writing in the forum. If I started writing on fri nite, I'll prob be an emo wreck. But then again, writing early has its advantages. Perhaps I will switch to private ward n get better dr attn. Sunflower and Gigi had also similar experiences b4 so that helps me understand the process a little better. My personal fren coincidentally just miscarriaged last week so I wasn't caught totally off guard. She just told me that she was emotionally alright too but she too cried after the D&C was done. That was when the emptiness hit her. I'm hoping my little one can survive but if not, I will be a little more prepared for wat is to come. Will hide at home cry then perhaps come back ready to try again. My hubby said he's not keen on ivf anymore but we'll see. Nv try, will nv know.

I saw dr Benjamin tham in kkh n in tmc. Latter was when he was covering dr loh. Yes, he is good n a nice dr. Fr kkh too previously but left earlier than dr loh.

Bk im kkh, dr loh's o&g cover if he is away is prof John tee. My o&g gynae who i was seeing before going to fertility gynae. Nice guy n good too. My mum is still w him. But i heard he does not take in patients once his schedule is full. That's another alternative for me if i wan to switch to another o&g gynae in kkh if pregnant. Guess is easier for me coz till todate, he still knows me though he has been 4 yrs at least since i last seen him. Always says hi and hello to him when i run into him at the corridor. Just last mth, he told me he remembered me n i told him i lost no 1 under dr loh's care. Prof tee also encouraged me to give a one last try for the FET. He said dun waste! Ha!

Previously, Dr S will ask her patients to change to another o&g gynae once pregnancy stablises. Now i m not sure if she still practices tt.

Dr loh's ivf cover dr when he was in kkivf was dr tan hh

@iwantahealtbybaby and @jklim,
I had natural FET with late ovulation at D24 on a regular D28 cycle. Pregnova & progesterone support helped lengthen the LH phase. My implantation occurred on D28 when my AF was supposed to come. So natural FET is still possible.

the little things in life, thanks for your reply. this cycle i ovulated late so just hope everything is still possible and seeing you with a BFP gives me more hope...

Sunflower, I thought so too. That's y follow dr Loh to Tmc. I was lucky that my #1 was a smooth pregnancy. So every visit was a long wait n a 5 mins scan/chat with him. So That got me thinking if I shld switch to a good non-ivf gynae if preg is smooth. This was b4 the miscarriage. But since free now, so I kp and ask around.

Yes on the day of procedure they give prescription , in fact rite now I'm at KK to do the progesterone test

oh so this is also part of their procedure? i dont remember they asking me to go back for progesterone test during my 1st fresh cycle. i hope they will ask me to do this test some time past transfer too after my fet so that i know progesterone level is not a factor that hinders me from getting a BFP.

Yes, natural FET is possible for late ovulation. Just tt o hv only 2 previous frozen left. No point taking the risk tt is a not a good cycle tt mth where natural hormones level may not b optimal. My lining was triple at d14. So, another concern also is whether lining ia too old at d25 when ovulation happened. So out of prudence aborted. Damage is 500 plus!

natural FET means no progynva. Which are the hormones released by ovulation. After ET, progesterone pressies r given but thats not ovulation hormones. Also on progyna usu will not ovulate as the med takes control over the body. Natural hv v few med in kkivf

I'm on progynova, utrogestan, aspirin & folic after my natural FET lei. Now 6dp3dt. Pregnyl jabs and hormones blood test twice after ET.

I'm on progynova, utrogestan, aspirin & folic after my natural FET lei. Now 6dp3dt. Pregnyl jabs and hormones blood test twice after ET.

pink martini, you were with kkh too for his natural fet? so after the et they will advice you to come back some days later for pregnyl jabs and BT to show progesterone level isit? cause i really hope for my this cycle kkh will give me more support after et. my fresh no support just insert of utrogestan

Sorry press too fast. I was asking, does medicated FET look for triple lining too? Cos I've done 1 fresh and 1 mediated FET and now natural FET, it's the first time now I hear of triple lining and how important it is. More important than thickness of lining.

triple lining is good and according to doctors not alot can achieve triple lining. other than the thickness of the lining met, if you have triple its said to be higher chance of success for implantation. so both is equally important. they are looking at 8mm thickness min. before transfer so even if you have 7mm triple still not as good as a 8mm lining. heard that medicated cycle triple lining can easily be achieved. during my iui and ivf all medicated all my linings were triple. but then still failed :( this time round natural fet my linings achieve triple ownself so i hope can have good news this round.

pink martini, you were with kkh too for his natural fet? so after the et they will advice you to come back some days later for pregnyl jabs and BT to show progesterone level isit? cause i really hope for my this cycle kkh will give me more support after et. my fresh no support just insert of utrogestan

Hi iwantahealthybaby, I'm with Care, not kkh. Also to add, I'm on crinone too. So it's a load of meds after et even though it's a natural FET. Yes I was asked to be back 2 days and 6 days after et for pregnyl jabs and bt to monitor levels.

Pink martini: likely your previous cycles your lining was good (thickness and triple lining) hence the docs didn't say anything. Am sure this cycle yours will be good too.

All cycles are looking for the triple lining as optimal for transfer.

Pink martini: likely your previous cycles your lining was good (thickness and triple lining) hence the docs didn't say anything. Am sure this cycle yours will be good too.

All cycles are looking for the triple lining as optimal for transfer.

Ya that's why I keep wondering if it's something new cos I've really not heard of triple lining before. Now I hear it everywhere and see it on the screen. Last time only see the concentration on measuring the thickness of the lining.

Hi iwantahealthybaby, I'm with Care, not kkh. Also to add, I'm on crinone too. So it's a load of meds after et even though it's a natural FET. Yes I was asked to be back 2 days and 6 days after et for pregnyl jabs and bt to monitor levels.

i see, then i hope kkh will request me for this too, i seriously dont mind running back to the hospital after trf just to make sure everything is in good condition.

Ya that's why I keep wondering if it's something new cos I've really not heard of triple lining before. Now I hear it everywhere and see it on the screen. Last time only see the concentration on measuring the thickness of the lining.

its not new, dr paul also tell me triple lining more impt than thickness which is why he gave green light for transfer when my lining is 9.26mm. he say impossible to hit 10mm. I got a progrestrone jab immediately after transfer!

After ovulation, lining will start to shed if not preg, n menses will come. If preg will grow.

Triple lining is not impt to get preg though is optimal. I hv know a no of sisters with no triple lining who were successful. Even got sister who had twins.

Kkivf only monitor if got triple lining not too long after dr loh left kkivf.

And not every one gets triple lining.

Someone mentioned dr tseng said triple lining cannot hit 10mm? That's not correct. My lining is triple usually, even natural or FET. N thickness of triple lining varies. Last aborted natual FET in jan, triple at 10.5mm. Triple went away before ovulation. And triple lining appeared again nearer to late ovulate date at 11.5mn

This mth, triple lining at 11.3mm.

cause i know kkh dont scan after your ovulation detected and date given for et so i just curious on day of et whether my lining is still at their optimal thickness. if during day of transfer the lining is no longer at 8mm and above does that mean chances of BFP is low? as my is blast transfer so will be 5/6days later after positive opk.

U can ask the dr on day of ET how's the lining then.

I always did under dr loh's time in kkivf. If he said good then i trust him.

Triple lining can go away after a few days after ovulation. Well, mine went away then reappear near to ovulation. I asked the ivf dr on duty, she cant explain too!

Hi pumpkin..thanks for ur wishes..hope everything goes well for u as well..

I am also under Dr S. Previously wen I was admitted in KKH for 5 days for my ectopic preg cum miscarriage ,she did not come and see me even once..I was attended by different doctors everyday.,so much for being a staff in KKH...and I am under private..I took A class..

Pumpkin_pie, go with wat u think is right..dun have to listen to negative or positive points by wat others tell u.. In this way,u wun regret ur decision..

Wish u all the best!!

Back