IVF/ICSI Support Group

blesswbb,

thanks for the assurance. did they tell u the results of the blood test or scan? tot of calling and ask them.

hehe.. im ald getting a bit gan cheong now..

getting excited for u too.. ur er shd b coming soon rt?

rejoice,
I am taking 6-8 egg whites a day. breakfast, half-boiled - about 4, lunch put in salad or soup - about 2 and dinner - another half boiled egg - about 2. Personally i find that its easier to consume when its half boiled. Slurp them down quickly..

yes the nurse told me to drink about 2 litres or more. I alternate between cranberry juice, milo and plain water.. I am not a plain water drinker so, it's quite challenging.. And also, since I drink so much water, naturally need to go toilet so often.. so sian sometimes..

Hi Gals,
Happy Labour day!
Hope tat u will rest well on a public holiday & cheong on yr individual plans.
Stay happi always!Muacks!

rejoice
they just say my blood test and scan is normal and can proceed to the next stage.
My er is predicted to be either 5 or 7 May latest will be 9th depending on the growth of the eggs. Hoping to get it done by 5th. Hope the eggs are growing well if not will delay till 9th. Sianz....very tired with work liao...taking this as excuse to be lazy heheheh
happy.gif

Very gan cheong rite...once u hv puregon start lagi gan cheong...hehehe...jia you!!!

Cuteangel,
it good that u can pass out the water. Some serious case cant even pass out until water goes to the lungs and need to admit hosp. Just take it easy ok...relax and enjoy your 2ww.
happy.gif

Hi Zeena,
Sorry to hear abt it. Well there's still a chance no matter how small it might be, ok, hang in there... my heart is with you. If by chance it doesnt work out, we can go again together ok?
Chin up. it's NOT the end. Many ppl have had kids after multiple tries. It's the final result we want, all these are just minor setbacks.

Budderball,
Good luck. U plannig to do home test?

Hi Babydust,
Great to hear from you again, hope you are well.
I will not be doing any home test cos i am so disappointed of not seeing 2 lines everytime i did a HPT.

Cuteangel,
I went to GNC to get some protein bars instead perhaps you can give it a try. Doctor told me to bed rest and i really felt better after bed rest. At the same time, have to get out of the bed to have some small walk for blood circulation to prevent blood cot.

Went out to get the centrum and Megaman recommended by feibb. Hubby very keen in trying everything. Looking at the folic content, think I can skip the ones prescribed by Doc.

cuteangel,
I asked my TCM about eggwhite, and she mentioned that egg white alone isn't all that good, should try different protein type, like fish, meat and eggs. She don't recommend hard-boiled eggwhite cos they may be quite difficult to digest. You may want variation to kick boredom. Think protein bar is another good choice.

Hi all,

was searching through the net and found this from about.com, Low carb diet. One egg white has 4 gram protein, so if 10 eggwhite are needed a day, we could add on the food we take and comsume enough protein. Hope this info help those who are going for 2WW or in 2WW. Have a good day!

Beef
Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Chicken
Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
Drumstick – 11 grams
Wing – 6 grams
Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

Fish
Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein

Pork
Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams

Eggs and Dairy
Egg, large - 6 grams protein
Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
Beans (including soy)
Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams

Nuts and Seeds
Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 19 grams
Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

hi zeena,

Sorry to hear abt tat... hugz.. Doing IVF is a tough mission. Hang on and be strong. Have faith..

Hi Mon,

Bio-chemical pregnant = something like touch n go kinda of pregnant,.. the embies did stick on the linning but didnt root in.. so tat Y tested +ve

pinky
How are u doing? are u putting on a lot a weight?

Bbcraze
yes, i am working. I am lucky in this area as i am self employed so i can control the work/rest days. I can understand what u mean by skipping 2 more rounds of clomids and move on to IVF. It can be a long preparations and wait to start the IVF. Need to go for conunseling to better understand what to expect and prepare the $$$. start with pills for one month then jabs then ER, ET finally 2ww. Can take more than 2 months for one cycle. There is lots of emotional stress and ups and down with reports and scans.

I personally feel that if doc cheng suggested clomid why not be patient and try it for 6 rounds? for many of us here, clomid is not even an option. IVF is our last resort after exhausting all the other options.

As for ur job, if it causes a lot of stress and dragging ur feet to go to work daily, maybe u can consider switching to another. To conceive, stress level is best kept as low as possible. Even more with IVF, with the different hormones flying inside ur body, added stress from work is no good for the whole procedure.

Hi Merlenna,

I also feel the pressure to have kids soon cos pple around me keep asking me when am i going to give birth. But luckily my MIL did not pressure us.

Hi Nancy,
So you have taken 6 cycle of clomid b4 going for IVF? Actually the chance of me conceiving with clomid is very very low cos DH sperm count is very low. Hence, it may just be wasted effort....<10%>90% failure. Dr Cheng compared this to winning a lottery!!! Thats funny!! But i have never strike any lottery in life and i do not have much luck in anything.

So mayb i would just try till 5th cycle and proceed to ivf.....cos i would love to have a kid asap too.

WOw u are starting on ur jab soon. So u must be phase 2. I think the hormones will affect ur mood very much...you better take care.

Hi Rejoice,
I am currently with TFC Dr LC Cheng.

bbcraze
Thanks. Will start the jabs around May 8th when menses reports. i did 3 failed IUI instead with another gynae. Since it's very very low chance, u can let dr cheng know ur concerns. if decided to do IVF, maybe can tiao ur body first
happy.gif
good luck

Morning ladies!
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>14/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/04/08</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>16/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Approx 30/04/08</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlesswBB</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuteangel</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>29/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Koh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>26/04/2008</TD><TD>13/05/2008</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>LFB</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishababy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>chuafamily2003</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>rejoice</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bakaholic</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>SC Ng </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

BlessedBB
oops! update liaoz..
happy.gif

Nancy
Thanks!
happy.gif
lol.. can't help it. gan cheong spider.. :p

bebecraze
from my personal experience, with regards to the job, I had the same idea as you also. I hated my job and realise it is causing more stress than help during my treatment. And with so many failed attempts, I wonder how long I will have to "scarifice" and stay on till I get my baby. So I just went for interviews as and when the headhunters call me and see where life takes me. So now I am starting a new job in June, in the midst of my IVF. might seem crazy and stupid but after going thru all the fertility treatments, just realize that things are beyond our control and plans. So just do what ever that makes me feel happy. :p

Budderball
good luck for your bloodtest today! BFP! BFP!!!!
happy.gif

Hi Lfb,

Thanks for the info on the various protein sources. I was a bit worried on the protein intake as I am allergic to eggs.

Dear Cuteangel and bakaholic,

no sweat. I am kinda sick of eggwhite too. Glad to hear I can eat alot more kind of food for protein. Cheers!
happy.gif

Jan
Can u give me Dr Zhou's Address and contact...
Do we need to make apt in adv?
Normally 1st visit will she do acup &amp; medicine given?

Zeena,

Zou Yumin TCM Physician &amp; Acupuncturist Blk 505 #01-2670 AMK Ave 8 Tel 64560833. Call to make appointment first, better to go wif hubby, and bring all your medical history, test reports etc. Usually will start med and acu on 5th day after AF comes.

zeena
dr zou tel is 64560833
amk ave 5 blok 505. call for appt first. daily 9-9pm. close on wed. if ur menses are here, she will not do acu only give medication. other than that, twice weekly acu and daily med in powder form

Hi nancy / babychole and all sisters.,

Good morning

I m fine but abit bored staying @ home..Last few days, i stay-over @ my mum's place to play with my niece and nephew.. Now, i realised tat i get tired easily. I cant eat much but sleep like a pig . I can take 2 nap ard 11am and 5pm for 2hrs.. I guess tat make me put on weight.. I cant button up so i usually zip 3/4 .. hahhaa

Oh, as for the babies,, they are fine.. they have grown to 26 mm but the 3rd babies sizes cant see clearly.. Seem like the 3rd babie not doin very well.. So, somehow Dr oni concentrate on the 2 babies oni..So, i dun knw if now still triplet or twin ?? heheh..

Oh ya, jus to share w u all...During my last week appt, I heard frm Dr Cheng that his patient who put in 2 embies but pop out 4 babies boy... Hahah,so sometime is very unpreditable..So dun be despair., something miracles do happen..

pinky panter
Glad that you are doing well.. hope your 3rd baby also ok. but glad to hear that the other 2 babies are doing well. So when are you due actually?

Yap. i heard abt the 4 boys quads also.. wah.. i think i will faint if 4 boys all at once... will be quite a handful..

pinkypanter
Glad that u are doing well. Are u seeing Dr Cheng at level 5 or at level one now? Take the opportunity to rest and do nothing but gain weight now. U will be very busy when the babies arrive. U will then need a log card to write down their feeding times and poo poo. Can get very confused if all same gender Haha....

ML
Heard abt the quads too. Think it's a ang mo couple. i think in this area they handle maternity better than us. I was watching this Home discovery show this young copule has 8 kids mostly mutiples and they have no maid no helper and the best part all under 8 yrs old. Imagine the mess and stress
happy.gif
hee...
happy.gif

nancy
Faintz!!! how to handle??? i saw the documentary on the quints before.. basically, they have fifty over milk bottles in the fridge. each feed use 5, 3 hours btw feeds, which means 40 bottles used a day....

That day i also saw 1 couple bringing 4 kids under 4 to orchard on their own. really peifu!!!

ML
haha...when the time comes, maybe will handle accordingly. Our job now is work hard prat hard to have a chance to handle the our own kids
happy.gif
cheers
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,
A few questions here. Anyone to help?

Looks like many of you tried more than 2 cycles of IUI and clomid b4 going for IVF. Is is a must? I'm going for my 1st cycle of clomid (going to do my 2nd IUI with this round of clomid). I've kind of decided that after this round if it isn't successful, I will want to try IVF no matter what the doc says. Is it a must to try many cycles?

Read the contacts for TCM in Clementi somewhere in the many previous postings. Can I have the contacts again? Both hubby and I must go or just one? How long must we visit before we can TTC?

Hubby and I spoke yday, we both agree that he need not go for his op and we will try TCM to 'tiao' our body b4 the IUI in end May. If it fails, we will go for IVF no matter what the doc says. We both agree that we will be 'very focussed' in our objective this year! Hahahhaa...

Hi nancy &amp; ML ,

No, the quad babies boy are from chinese couples.. I saw them last Mon during my appt ( jus give birth ).. or there is another couples also with Dr Cheng which is Angmo ?? hehehe .. I was vry surprised tat the mum wasnt tat huge at all... hahah..

Hehee, so meaning Dr Cheng babyluck is triplets or quads ?

Oh ya, i was told the EDD is 2th Dec 08 but if triplet mayb 1 month earlier .. if twin then mid of Nov 08..I m now 9wks so i m gg to level 1 on my 11th week..

I cant put on too much weight.. i m aldy very Fat.. so i m so worried that i will hit 100 kgs.. Acty i bought the pregnant milk to drk then Dr say , u have enough " fats " for the babies n he doesnt want me to put on more.. hehe

Dun worry, U guys turn coming soon..Jia you !!

Hi Debz,

What op yr hubby intended to do? Usually Dr will advise 3 rds of IUI, and then Ivf, if no known woman problem. Is not a must, but usually ppl will start with a cheaper and simpler solution,if failed then move on to expensive one. i don have the Clementi TCM contact.

Hello gals,

I was from this thread awhile ago, have oredi conceived and delivered my twins via IVF with Dr SF Loh. I am giving away my Puregon pen and some boxes of needles that goes with the pen. Anybody who needs it for spare/to practise, jus PM me. Self collect from Kovan.
happy.gif
Jia you and good luck everybody!

pinky panter
ha ha.. hope his triplet luck rub on me.. wah.. if really successful, will love dr cheng deep deep leh... :p

Congrats! Graduate to level 1 soon liaoz!

Hi feibb,

My hubby was recommended to to some variscose veinal thingy.. not too sure wat since he has yet to see the urologist recommended. Think it's quite a procedure coz he'll need to be away from work for 2 wks. Any advice? *wink*

Ya, I am hopeful too, hearing the good news from Dr Cheng. Am very careful with my food intake. Started also on multi Vit pills as recommended here. Really hope that we will all be bless this year, babydust to all of us! Yes!

Hi Debz,

Oic.....my thoughts is that since you guys going for IUI and may be IVF later (both methods are to remove male fertility issues), no point subject yr hubby to painful op.

Debz
guess there is no hard and fast rule on how many times to try IUI, etc. Really depends on your comfort levels.

Anyway, just curious. If go for IVF, does your hubby still need to go for the op?

Hi ML
I think not. The doc said he "recommends" that he sees an urologist. I dun think he 'really needs to' see one coz so far life has always been 'normal'!

Dear all,
Clementi TCM contacts anyone?

Dr Tan Kian Sing
TCM Healthcare Medical Centre
433 Clementi Avenue 3
#01-266
Singapore 120433
Telephone: 68723237

Pretty lady,
Were you at KK this morning? Today crowd is alot. I waited for an hour for my scan. How's your scan result today? When is your ER?
I hv at least more than 8 eggs but still abit small, need another day to decide on the actual ER date. So i'm still on puregon jab for another day. Will need to go back KK tmr for another scan.

Back