IVF/ICSI Support Group

MSfamily,
HaHa... yah, sound like my life, wihtout the dogs. have some "homework" to do for work, but i'm procrastinating.... ok, better do it in next few days. Nothing left to see on TV. Am watching reruns!

MSFam,
Yours was fresh cycle right ? Mine is FET ! Last time I also had the same, ut now with FET i dont understand why ?
Anyway, to make it worse, I had urge to order pizza today so I did (for lunch). Later my tummy sure suffer...
sad.gif

Babydust, dun remind me ... i also have work to do.... thinking of starting tomorrow............
sad.gif
usually once i start cannot stop...

haahaaaahaaa, this is so funny, we are exactly the same today MSfamily !!

Japanese food : cannot eat raw fish , so sahimi is out. Others if cooked well, I think ok, right ?

hmmm... i understand.... but better not risk it lah, i'm not that brave... Em, how about some well-cooked Teppanyaki / Yakitori instead? yumm...

babywee
me appt before yours...
happy.gif
7pm. ha ha ha...

oink oink
me in banking IT.
happy.gif
I'm onz for gathering!!!

MSFamily, babydust
I love Japanese food. and MSFamily, i have dog too. 10 mths old puppy :p

nicole
0.5 hrs more to go!!! yeah!!!

I just read online... Cyclogest /progesterone does indeed have a side effect of causing a lot of gas & bloating. Infact it also casues mood swings and volatile temper ! There were these Ang-mo women complaining about it in a forum like ours... so funny ! one of them said the nurse told her "you'll know its working if you have cleaned the toilet with your husband's toothbrush" !!
SO you see, we should all tellour DH how lucky they are WE asians are not reacting like that !
1330935.gif

Ohh MSfamily.. good life what watch TV.. hehhe.. I think I will be like u when I go on 2ww...
I have a 1.5months English Cocker Spaniel. Loves to jump! Im worried when Im on my 2ww he jump jump on my tummy.... Plus he loves to pull on his walk! His name is Dinho..

YES ML, 15mins more!! cannot wait!

My doggies are so important to me .......

1.5 mth wow - very cute very cute ...... should go for training, training really helps, bonding with your doggies too

msfamily
shih tzu..
happy.gif
very cute but very very naughty. pampered... :p

nicole
1.5mths very small leh... :p and i cannot leave yet. got problem...

hahah sorry 1.5yrs old... I got him when he was 5months old.. bought him last year CNY Eve.. Last day for Year of Dog..

I had another Cocker Spaniel for 7yrs and had to be put to sleep cuase he had cancer.. I had him when he was only 6weeks old.. Really baby that one..

YES my dogs are very importnant to me..

6pm bye bye all

Hi all

i'm tested +ve..hcg level 1599
happy.gif

to those who're in 2ww - i experienced cramps since ET and 10dpt my lower abdomen became bloated especially after the meal and lasted till now. There's also alot of gas in my tummy. During my last 1st ivf attempt, i only experienced cramps 13dpt and got a -ve. Hope this helps.

the nurse also told that my tummy should feel bloated and some cramps...guess if you have these two symptoms, most likely u're pregnant

Hi babydust,
I also have lots of gasses n diarrhoea... It is becoz of the progrestone ..

Hi Msfamily,
Acty i crave for Japanese food... so yest, i went to eat but end up , stomach cramp @ midnite..i dun knw it is becoz of the food or wat ? But i didnt take wasabi & raw food.. Oni cooked food.. Or maybe i taken too much fried food.. haha

Hi oink,
When are u gals meeting ?..Me still have to rest @ hme for another 2 weeks.. Just let me knw..

Dear Sisters,

Actually my gynae wants me to start my ivf this month, I told her Apr is a busy month for me, so if my FSH is still too high, then I prefer to do it in May. But now come to think about it, shouldn't I put this as my priority instead of work? May be I should just go ahead with my ivf this month, anyway my boss knew I'll be going for ivf.

pinky
how come still need to rest at home for another 2 weeks? you ok?

Jenn
aiyo.. don't care abt work lah.. if FSH low, just whack!

Hi ML,

Acty i m working in overseas..i jus cme bk to do IVF during CNY and if bingo then i m not working liao.. haha...

Last failed IVF , i work during 2ww for my Singapore office but this round , i tk i m going to rest @ hme..

Hi Fss,
Congrats..

Hi ML ,

From yr earlier thread, u started w Dr Cheng last April 07.. Me too.. I did my IVF @ April 07 . nw this is the FET u are gg to do, this cmg May 08 .. rite

Pinky
May i know which part of the IVF part chalks up the major part of the total costs? Is it the jabs? Is freezing embroys expensive? Is possible can u give me a rough idea? Thanks so much

pinky
oic. so you are resting first before going to back to work?

Yap. I am doing FET this coming May. Started with Dr Cheng on clomid previously in April 07.
happy.gif

Nancy
Did they give you the cost breakdown sheet. Yap. the bulk of the money will be from the jabs. it will cost abt 200 plus per day and it depends on the dosage. Tonight, I send you spreadsheet on the costs that I estimated previously. See if it helps you.
happy.gif

fss
Congrats

Budderball
How's ur scanning & bloodtest today? think you'll be starting ur Purgeon in a wk times... (if i'm not wrong)

fss,
Hey, Congrats !!! Really glad it wrked out for you. All the best for your scans and for next 9months.
How many embryoes did you put in? And are you above 30? if you dont mind me asking... Fresh cycle is it?
1332171.gif

ML
Thanks so much
happy.gif
I need to have an idea where the bulk of $$$ goes to. Thanks again. Btw so lucky can have a dog. Puppies are so cute. cant have one Hubby got asthma
sad.gif

Jenn
join me. I am starting mid april with BCP first. doc starts it's to start fresh menses cycle. Guess not all ladies need BCp

hi all

thanks for your wishes..

babydust2 - wanted to put in 3 cos last ivf, only got 2 to put in and failed. but doc advised to put 2, he's afraid of multiple pregn so followed his advice.. am 31 this year..

Nancy
no prob. Bascially, the cost depends on the following items
1. number of eggs you have
2. whether ICIS is needed and how many ICIS are done.
3. whether assisted hatching is needed
4. the number of embies to be frozen
5. the dosage of the meds that will be needed

From what i see, the main bulk is the meds.

As for dogs, you can try to get the hypo allergenic kind of breeds like shih tzu, yorkshire terriers.. they don't really shed and have no dander. so they are less likely to cause allergic reaction in humans. got a shih tzu partly because my hubby also have sensitive nose and sinus prob. So far no issues with the dog.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
These are the ladies, who are interest or pending status for our dinner gathering.
Sorry, I tried many ways with the charts but can not get it done with all the boxes (Tried copy by excel or words format still can't get it done)... not sure how ML did it the last time ... me very poor in IT stuffs. ha ha.
Any suggust for the gathering place / date ?
There is no holiday for month April, "Friday" will be a better day for gathering, DATE-18 April ? Place-BUGIS , HOW ?
Pls comment, if any !!!!

NO NICK STATUS
YES / PENDING
1 Nancy Yes
2 ML Yes
3 Babychole pending
4 Pinky Pending
5 Oink Yes
6 Zeena Yes
7 Jan Yes

Oink,

Perhaps once u all confirm liao, then inform me....Then I let u noe..cos I need to c whether my mum need my help to take care of my dad or not?

Thanks....

Oink oink
'm not sure during tat x is my ER if ER not yet reach will go... if not i'll miss out this gathering
sad.gif

normally we need to inject puregon for how long, tomolo will be startg...

Hi All,

Clear up all my bill for IVF todate....

Total Investment is abt 11k ...
Medication is abt 3K.
Storage & Freezing 1k
The rest are for the standard procedures ....

Oink
here are the instructions. copy and paste the excel table within the curly brackets.

1332749.gif

No issues with the date and time for gathering.

helpme
so sorry to hear that.. Take care...

Helpme, sorry for your loss. It must have been really difficult.

Nancy - i also have BAD asthma, so i keep dogs with little fur... and dun shed very much like mini schnauzer ....

Nancy - hope this help u .... Mine is with SGH, my understanding is that my medication is already quite economical....

Lucrin - abt 200 - 300 (Last approx 14 days)
Gonal F - 2k + ( This really depends on individual response to medications) also for 14 days.
HCG - Less than 100
Progesterone - Less than 100

updated table
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Puregon stage</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>29/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Paragon</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>08/4/2008</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Early April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babydust2</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>09/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Eh ML ... Great Mind think Alike ...

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>11/4/2008</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>12/4/2008</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>8/4/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babydust2</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>9/4/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back