IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wow, the list is getting longer .... The thread are moving really very fast too.

Oink Oink - i am doing my IVF @ SGH.
Nicole - Ya, i am using Gonal F
Cheeky Gal - How your ER today? Will you start resting at home soon?

Initally @ lucrin stage, felt that the jabs are not painful... as i progress to Gonal F... i started to feel the jabs getting more painful each day....

Jia you, Jia you.....

Oink - I'm the one following you to CARE Paragon in mid Apr. Not to scare you but I experienced sever cramps on both sides on the whole of 10th day, called nurse next day but she said to rest & observe & subsequently lost my embies as they didn't recommend nor give me any injection. Very pissed with that hospital. CARE Paragon seems to take very good care of you for they listen & prescribe relevant treatment so I'm convinced to follow now.

MSfamily - Will taking more raw egg white helps with growing your follicles since eggs need more protein at this stage?

Kymberly - Lucky gal! Almost worked throughout yet got successful through IVF. My work is very physical so the nurses advised not to work or work 1 hr then rest an hour.

Cheeky Gal - Managed to get good eggs?

Happy Easter Everyone! Have a good rest & let's continuing TTCing

Thanks Gals (ML,nancy,Msfamily,Cherish baby),

I'm back. Wow, this thread is really moving very fast.Had my ER done yesterday and managed to retrieve 18 eggs. Felt dizzy the whole day with bad cramps on the lower abdomen. Also had some staining.

Not sure of the quality of the eggs, and as its a PH today, will only know how many got fertilised when we go back for ET tomorrow.

Still having staining today, but the pain has subsided alot already. Can any of the sisters here advise whether this is normal? Would it affect my ET tomorrow?

Lots of baby dust to all the sisters here. Wish everybody a very Happy Easter
happy.gif

Cheekygal
Rest well today n all the best to u on your ET tmr, will be hearing your good news soon!
happy.gif

To all the sisters here,
A Happy Easter Day, n wish all the sisters will succeed n move to motherhood soon!
happy.gif

ML
Wow the chart is increasing v fast... pls update my starting date is March and I'm with Dr FS Loh

Cheekygal
All the best for your ET tmr, hope to hear good news from u tmr & rest well for the 2ww

Happy Easter Day to all sisters here... Enjoy and have a relax holiday...

Cherish Baby - Angela is very nice and you can call her any time or SMS her even in the night and she will reply, listen and give you advise, of course good service sure higher cost involved
(Spent near to 20K now) My hubby heart in pain and Pocket in big hole now. ha ha

Cheekygal - Wow ! good no of eggs, but if you still having stain , think is better to call the clinic and inform them, cos you are not allow to process with ET if stain (Hope I'm wrong). BTY all the best and smooth ET tom and hope to hear good news from you too ..
happy.gif

Nancy - The neonatal Insurance cover level 2 ward(think this is hospitalisation) $100 per day and level 3 (NICU) $300 per day up to $54,000 per child until 180 days.

Hi Cherish Baby, i'm doing accounts so it's very desk bound. Maybe that's why considered "resting". Just using more brain cell :p

Cheekygal, great job! 18 is very good!! the hope is there, u've come so far, keep it up. Maybe mine only got 2 eggs so no staining and the cramp is bearable. just that during the 2ww, i will experience cramp esp when doing small/big "business".
sad.gif
Good luck for your ET tmrw!

Nancy
I had a pre-IVF counselling with the nurse n there was a briefing on the IVF treatment conducted by the doc n nurses at NUH before the start of my IVF cycle.

Thanks ladies (noi,zeena,oink oink,kimberly,pinky panter), for your well wishes. Still having slight staining today. Consulted Dr on my staining and was told that as I bled quite a lot during my ER procedure, its normal to have slightly prolonged staining. Was told that ET would go ahead as planned today.

Hoping for the best and at the same time wishing all the sisters who are or going to embark on this ardous journey of motherhood lots of baby dust
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

Jia you sisters!!!

Just came back from my scanning, my follicles are growing well, now at abt 14-15mm, will be going back to clinic for scanning and signing of consent forms on mon, ER will be next wed…going for acu for the continuous 5 days..

Pls pray for me to have enough eggs to fertilise…Thanks much.

Cheekygal, good luck for ur ET.

my update:
Stage: birth control pill for 3wks - to stabilise hormone?
Gyne: Dr LC Cheng, TMC
IVF: should be April

Hi hi oink oink.,

Today,i went for D9 injection after ET. Feeling down ...Jus dun knw Y ? I dont have any symptons during this 2ww. and that make me even scared...

Somwhow also feel guilty for going out on my D7, D8 and today..

hi pinky, don't worry too much. i didn't have much symptoms during my 2ww as well. just endure till your blood test on day 14 k. take care and drink lots of water.

Thanks sisters (babywee, Cynthia, pinky n jenn).
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cheekygal
Hope your ET went smoothly today. Rest well n All The Best To U!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Pinky
Don’t worry, pls rest well n stay positive!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nancy
Thanks. How’s your acu session? When r u starting your IVF treatment (sorry, thread is moving really fast, so can’t rem)…All The Best To U too!
happy.gif

Hi Kym,
Congrats on your BFP! Abt ur qn on the HCG level, you can take a look at this site. There's a very wide range, but the main thing is that it should double every 1-2 days, which shows that your pregnancy is progressing well. On D17, you would be counted abt 4wks+ already, so you can check ur level if it's under that range. Your doc will prob do an u/s scan in wk 6 to check for the sac and h/beat. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html You can also join us at the IVF MTB thread. Have a smooth 9 mths!

Noi-- All the best in your ET and hope to hear good news from you after 2WW
happy.gif
Take care too

Pinky Panter - I dont have any symptons during this 2ww also but just stay positive and don't let's your mood affect you ...let's try hard, encourage each other and hang on till 31/03 ok Cheers
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Aiya , Sorry I am so sotong lei , should be Cheekygal that having ET this week.

Cheekygal - All the best in your ET and baby dust
happy.gif
happy.gif
take care and rest well

Noi - All the best to you too , hope lot of good eggs on Wed

Kym,
No problem, glad to help... if your doc does another blood test on you, you can see if it doubles.

Pinky Panther,
Don't worry, i also didn't have any symptoms during my 2ww other than feeling very tired. All the best!

ML,
according to your last table in this thread, m beginning my lucrin stage in early apr. thks.

Noi,
all best to you this week on your ET

penguin,
it seems u & I will be beginning IVF journey around same timeframe (in apr). hopefully will "see" you here more often.

Hi kym,

I'm doing my ivf with Dr Thong at Raffles too. Congrats on your BFP! Care to share anything we need to do or avoid? I'm very nervous, will be doing ivf in Apr/May, depends on my FSH level. Hope you'll have a smooth 9 mths.
happy.gif

Hi gals,
pls add me to your list.
I'm going thru IVF next mth. abit worry on the wat to expect during the procedure. anyone care to share whether is it painful during ER? read thru alot from the net...so very scared.

Noi
The acu was okay. But i try not to move when the needles poked on my back. I can feel the muscle strain not pain while i try to move while lying face down. other than that, it went okay thanks. It's already my 4th session next week... I have been taking the chinese med since i see her, i will have to continue till maybe ER is it?? as for my hubby, i already told him the benefits of acu but it's really up to him if he wants to go. sometimes feels that i am the only one who wants a baby. sigh

Thanks sisters (oink oink, pretyy lady n nancy) for your warm wishes.
happy.gif

Nancy
Glad to hear your acu session is okay for u. For the Chinese medicine, think u can continue till u start your IVF treatment (u can check with your doc whether does he allow u to consume the medicine during your injection period). Yah, I also got the same feeling with u, my hubby is not stress by ppl around him (incl my inlaws) asking when he wants a bb, don’t wait until old than give birth etc, etc. he just keeps smiling n pretend nothing happen, n usually I’m the one that get stress up easily n sad with ppl comments…
sad.gif

Hi,

I'm new here... Can I know how many rounds of ivf have u all gone through before becoming MTB?

And is it true that after each ET, need to stop for a while before the next ET?

hi jenn,
Thks for yr wishes. I get most of the "to do/not to do" from this thread. Avoid soyamilk, more rest n be disciplined with the injection. I think you can also try the accupunture recommended by the ladies in this thread since yr cycle only start next mth.
Best of luck!

morning!
<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>Paragon</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>ET</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Early April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Gals
got a question. if the ET fails, got to wait for a few months before starting the next IVF cycle is it?

Good morning to all! This thread is moving so fast that its hard to keep up. hehehe.. Hope all of you in 2ww is hanging in there.. loads of baby dust to u and those moving towards the 2ww keep going. neearly there : ) and those who are going gor ER ET all the best and keep positive! : )
Just wanted to share, there will be a new program on Discovery Home &amp; Health(Channel 70) on 3 April its called "Deliver Me" Looks good so will be catching it. Thought I share so u guys can watch. I have been watching too much baby programs that sometimes it hurts inside, Y not me? but nvm our time will come.
happy.gif

Have a good week a head ladies!

Nicole
glad you are so positive... me feeling very stress lately.. been having dreams abt the ET daily... getting rather depressed... haiz...

ML, its hard to stay positive, I have very down days.... will cry when watch tv n just get upset easily and there are days when I keep teeling myself not to worry it will happen.... Its hard but all I know it that Im giving it a shot and will pray that it works. Its harder for me when I find out my good friends or family/ inlaws get preggy.....

Dont worry too much about the ET, that one not painful from what I heard. Its the ER that scares me cause that is when I will know the quality of my eggs... from there than u can decide how many tries u want to go thru n call it quits.. : )

Try ur best to relax.. not easy but just try.. : )

Nicole
thanks! this is just one of my very bad days... found out that a number of my ex-colls are pregnant with their number 2. not easy going for lunch with my guy friends either.. they are all dads or going to be dads. kinda of sucks when they start talking abt baby stuff..

worried abt the ET, not because of the pain but how many embryos will survive and if the quality is good enough to become a baby or not... Just feeling very tired of this whole process and work is not helping.. really feel like quitting but also worried what to do when I'm not working.. at least now still got cash coming in...
sad.gif

Hi ML,
You missed me out leh. I will be starting on Apri with KKH, Dr SF Loh.

Hi Noi,
Yes, that's me. All the best for your ER on Wed. Jia you!!!

Hi ML - Hang on there and try to relax during the waiting period. I know is easy to say then to do it but try to make yourself busy and hang on ok .... Cheers
happy.gif
I will pray for you when I go Temple next round ok ....

Hi gals..

Good morning to everyone.. Me feeling better now... Thks sisters for all encouragement

Whether for better or worse... Hehehe... Looking at the bright side nw...

Counting my days

Back