IVF/ICSI Support Group

halo ladies
thanks for your comforting words... i am feeling good today and indeed foolish if i am so easily affected by others' words...

oink,
my son asked me those questions when he was four and when explained he knew papa's sperms like tadpoles and mama has egg and when tadpole meets egg in the stomach, there is baby... aiyoh, so incredible... he asked me this question because he wanted to know how he was formed and come out from me... so cute right... worse still, he shared with his teacher in the school... really paiseh... next time he might be a gynae... heheh... till today he still remember and now even more advance like he can say the word ovulation... too much exposure, liao... i explain to him that he can share all these during his science lesson next time when he is primary school... i think his form teacher's will also turn red...

ML,
Pls add me on the list. I'll be doing my ivf in Apr/May.

wb,
Thanks for sharing.The gynae said could be my quantity of eggs is less or quality of eggs is poor. Have been going acu and eating EPO & Fish oil, hope they help.

budderball,
I'm not taking Lucrin, gynae said no need.

oink oink
Your girl is so cute, quite amazed now kids so clever & mature not like us in old days, so blur blur, hehehe...

MSFamily
wow...ur hubby so good, so touching. All the best for ur scanning today. HOpe to hear gd news frm u

Budderball
Yes, my AF reports on time but this time quite painful during menses. Sorry to ask u again, maybe i might have missed it. When u start ur lucrin injection? thk u might be same timing as mine.

morning gals!
what a nice day to sleep in. :p

Here is the updated table.

Cheekygal
GOOD LUCK!!!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MS Family</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>ET</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

nancy, Im taking folic acid, been taking for over a month now. taking the 800mg one from GNC. I think 400mg is e average dosage, dont know y I bought hte 800mg.

MSfamily, oks not so bad the cost, yuppers my injections cost me about 1k - 1.3k each for the PIO. Did you try PIO? or straight for IVF? Did she start you on menogon n than Gonal F or Gonal F from the start. Im just trying to figure out how come Im on Menogon jabs for PIO and will I be taking menogon for IVF too.

Kymberly congrats, may I know if you did ur ivf @ KK or another hospital? Was your a FET or fresh cycle of IVF? Got a little lost reading ur no of eggs. after ER you only had 2 fertilised eggs to ET? n couldnot freeze anything? Sorry for the many questions. : )have a smooth 9months congreats.

Kymberly,

So happi for u....Congrats!
So u work as normal after ET...now I noe mabbe I got another alternative if so it happens tat I cannot go on hospitalisation leave and will not be so worried if I work will affect the ET or not??
Bt of cos if can go on hosp leave and rest well will be the best la, bt sometimes really quite difficult la...
did u do yours in KKIVF? Which doc u went to?

ML
thanks for the update
happy.gif
So efficient. How come ur boss employed u but give u little work? Is it convenient to also add the hospital/doc onto the list? hee...

Cheekygal
Good luck!!
happy.gif

Kymberly
congrats. u good news will certainly spur us on

Nancy
guess he just hire me so that he feels good to have people under him. recently hired another guy... haiz...

Sure sure... Hope the list will be updated to MTBs list.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>ET</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Rest of the gals
if you want to update or include your details just post. will consolidate and update.
happy.gif

ML
U are so efficient!! Hats off u hee....as long as u get paid on time. enjoy the free time and lesser stress too. Are u taking folic acid? If so, what's the dosage?

nancy
ha ha... i get stress when i got nothing to do.. bleh... later kenna box...

ya. have been taking it ever since i started ttc... think it 500mg per day... Basically we do get folic acid from our daily food. just that the pill form makes it easier for our body to absorbed.

ML

Nothing to do also stress. Relaxxx....!!!
Hee...the one here says one daily from Guardian 5mg is yours 5000mcg? so confusing. If i should take 500mg, i need to take 10 pills a day. hm...

Hi gals,
Those of you undergoing a fresh cycle/fet now, all the best! Lots of babydust to you!
Oh, fyi, the folic acid is much much cheaper (think 100tab for $2.60?) at unity compared to guardian for the same 5mg tab. But not sure if the price has changed. Maybe u gals can check it out and update the others. One tab shld be enough whether u TTC or already in 1st trim. Jia you!

Hi oink ,

I have the same feeling too..Times passes very slow.. i cant sleep in the afternoon..Watching Korean DVD all day... Waching " Spring Waltz "

Acty i hardly surf net coz i dun dare to sit too long...

My left side has occasionally sharp pain..

Pinky

nancy
not too sure what is the exact dosage. got mine from unity. take 1 a day also... used to take guardian one. also 1 a day. but unity one is cheaper.

Nicole G - I was also on Folic acid starting from 9D till now together withbaby Aspirin.

Pinkt Panter - I went for scaning this morning due to cramp on my right and was given 2 injection to release the cramp and strenghten the womb. I was told it is possible to have some pain time due to some follicle that is growing after ET. I got 2 follicles growing now on my left side. I suggest that you go check with your Gynae and see what precaution needed ?
I try not to takes thing for granted this round cos the last time I also got the same problem and I thot it is normal but actually not , some time is due to weak womb and so injection is needed to help strenghten it, is better to be safe then sorry.
I will be given another 3 injection this sat and 2 next week.

Nick Stage Start Date Date of ER Date of ET End of 2ww Hospital Doc
Zeena Lucrin stage - - - -
Budderball Lucrin stage - - - -
MSFamily Gonal F - - - - SGH
Noi Gonal F - - - -
Oink Oink 2ww - - - 31/03/2008 Care-Paragon
Cheekygal ET - 20/03/2008 22/03/2008 -
Cherishball - April - - -
ML - May - - - TMC L C Cheng
Nancy - April/May - - - TMC L C Cheng
Nicole - May - - - SGH
BabyChloe - May/June - - -
Penguin - - - - -
BabyWee - - - - -
Jenn - April/May - - -
Pinky Panter - - - - 31/03/2008

hi,
m amazed how fast this thread had grow in the past 2-3 wks (didn't check in here often due to my workload)!!
to update... my mense finally come (after much waiting &amp; decided to request KKHIVF for medic to induce it; i was diagnosed a PCO patient in 2006 but the condition "went away" in mid 2007) for beginning my IVF journey. the centre advised this morning that i could collect my lucrin medic on 4/4, while i should be taking microgynon from tomorrow. wonder if on the day of getting the lucrin medic, do we therefore start jabbing the same day?

honestly m really glad to join in this thread which all of us (the not-so-lucky lot in TTCing) can relate to one another the turmoil we're experiencing. like many here mentioned... there're many many more ladies who doesn't understand how fortunate they are to conceive naturally. I'd tried to distant myself over their insensitive comments as they are ignorant in this area as compared to us here.

anyway i hope ML could include myself in your list. m presently with Dr SF Loh @KKHIVF. on day 2 of mense beginning my journey.
ladies here... let's continue to keep our spirits high &amp; pray for all of us here to succeed!
happy.gif

Hi Budderball
mine is on 7th Mar, so on 26th you'll be gg back for bloodtest and scanning, rite?

Pretyy lady
welcome to this thread, 'm oso same as urs at KKHIVF. one the day when u collect ur lucrin, they'll teach you how to inject on your own that day. Meaning that will be the 1st day of your lucrin injection.

Budderball
I'll be gg back on that day too. Hope to hear good news frm them that I can go to the 2nd stage soon.

Hope to hear good news frm u too.

Hi Any of you ladies having FET cycle currently? Either natual or Arificial Thaw?
I am back with KK IVF and am currently doing FET, going for 2embryos next week.
Hope they thaw well and wont be any wastage. So sad to think of my little embryos being wasted.
I had a failed IVF in October. Seems most of the ladies from that time have moved on... well, hpe that means good news for them.

hi ladies
I'm new to this thread. I had 2 unsuccessful SO-IUI over the past 6 months and now seriously contemplating IVF. Can anyone share whether there is any difference in protocol between KK and the private hospitals? I remembered reading somewhere that the KK one is longer?

Also if you don't mind, can anyone help link me to previous archives, where you explain the IVF protocol so that I know what to expect?

Thanks ladies!!

oink oink, did u have to pay for neonatal insurance when u were with Care-SGH? I was wandering do u pay for that only if you are tested positive after 2ww.

Hi gals,

I had a very busy day ... eggs growing well... abt 10-11mm today already think got abt 7 around that size and some smaller one but they didnt count.... need to go back on Monday 24/3, if the eggs continue at this fashion....

Think ER should be on 26/3.....

For my case, the problem is the HBA factor, the sperm cant bind with the eggs thus nothing will help except ICSI.... Tried 2 months of ovulation monitoring but fail...

HI Nicole G - Is Compulsory for all Singaporean (By Law) to buy the neonatal insurance once you have you embryo transfer within the 7 day from the date of transfer (Cost 711.55) and no refund of premium in event you fail your IVF and the policy will be consider void.
If you starts a new cycle, you need to purchase a fresh neonatal insurance again.

MSFamily - Nice to hear that your follicles are growing well. All the best and wish you got more and good embryos on your ER.
Are you the lady that with Care-paragon?

1 embryo $51.36
2 embryos - $107
3 embryos - $711.55
4 embryos - $1,995.55

I think only Great Eastern is the only insurance company for neonatal insurance.

Msfamily
All the best to your scanning next mon. Good luck on your ER next wed..

Oink oink
May I know did u consume Dr zou’s Chinese medicine during your 2ww??

Babychole
Insurance for 2 embbies $107 n 1 embroyo $51.36

ML
Can u add me, I’m with NUH ~ Prof Wong. Thanks.

Nancy/ML
Was told to take 5mg of folic acid per day, will be increasing to 10mg during 2ww.

Happy Easter Holidays gals! Yap yap! may god bless us with many little bundles of joy!!!

updated table for the day
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>Paragon</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>ET</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

thks nicole, babychloe,
I did my ivf at raffles under dr thong. This is my 1st ivf (fresh). I had one boy already so tell myself if this failed then i won't do again and just leave it to fate that i only hv one. Before ER, i discussed with my DH that we only trsf 2 as i scared kanna triplets. When the news of only 2 fertilised aft ET, i thought my god! Wat if not successful, really no more chance liao
sad.gif
damn disappointed. So the 2ww really v difficult to pull through.

I did my ER on sat and the embroylogist ring me on Sun to tell me do my ET early better (booked to do on tue cos i hv deadline at work on mon) as the womb is the best incubator. She is so nice to hv helped me to rearrange all for me to do ET on monday morning so i can reach office by 10am. I must say big thank you to the doc n nurses to accomodate to me. I worked till 8pm that day and 8am to 5pm from tue to thur. Rested fm fri to sun then work again. 2ww i was v scared cos most encouraged to stay resting at home but i really cant n didnt want to tell boss n colleagues. I rem going to isetan sales on day 11 ah!

I think i am really blessed but this is v individual. Different ppl diff body condition. Just that i really cant hv the benefit of staying home for 2ww.

Any MTB IVFian? Wat is yr hcg aft 2ww? I still worried that hcg may fool me
sad.gif

P.s. So blur said smooth 10mths. Shld b 9 :p

Hi noi,
Are you the one at Dr Zou's clinic this afternoon at about 2.40pm. Carrying a little black and making your appointment for the next 4 days continuously?

Hi ML,
Can add me. I will be starting early April. On short protocol. t u

hi Kym, my hcg level was really low during the 2ww. started with 30 and it did not double up (which was not a good sign). it was 30 then 48 then 80 (i think).

Once it reaches around 5-6ww, the doc do not rely on the HCG that much. THey prefer to scan to see if things are ok.

How many weeks are u already?

Hi Noi - I just see Dr Zou for Acupunture cos I am taking 7 pills (Medicine &amp; Viatmine) daily so it's a be abit too much if to take chinese medicine also my Hubby said.

Back