IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, same thing happened to me the last time i had bfp. Happy too early.

When my gynae scanned and didnt see sac anymore, he only tell me, could be a bad embroyo and body absorbed it back. There can never be a definite reason i guess.
How was your hcg that time?

Have appt to see Dr this afternoon. Nurse say they will not call me for bt results today. Doc will tell me.

I also had an ectopic preg previously (natural not ivf) and the hcg level was high. I went to see my gynae at tmc and she rule out the possibility of ectopic pregnancy as my hcg level was high.

Was feeling pain the next day and i went to 24 hrs clinic at kkh where they suspect it was ectopic preg and i had an emergency surgery that night.

Dont think too much. It may not be ectopic preg.

I also had an ectopic preg previously (natural not ivf) and the hcg level was high. I went to see my gynae at tmc and she rule out the possibility of ectopic pregnancy as my hcg level was high.

Was feeling pain the next day and i went to 24 hrs clinic at kkh where they suspect it was ectopic preg and i had an emergency surgery that night.

Dont think too much. It may not be ectopic preg.
You were at which week of preg? For ectopic the only way is the remove the tube?

I guess i am out for this cycle. Will look through past posts on what to eat before the ivf cycle, during and post transfer when i have time and will do better the next ivf cycle. Pregnancy has been a difficult and painful journey for me. I was initially rejected for ivf as i could conceive naturally (bcos of my past records of miscarriages). My first cycle of ivf didnt turn out well where i have only 1 egg to transfer (no extra for frozen). The rest jia you. More monkey / rooster babies.

Haiz... in the end i still lost my bb. i took a week's leave from work. fri got appt with my doc, i'll ask her "why like that". i guess i'll be back to do another FET. still got 4 embies in the freezer. i hope you don't get paranoid by what happened to me. enjoy your pregnancy!
Hugs ChasingRainbow... Am so sorry for your loss. I have 1 mc and 1 ectopic, totally understand how you feel. Do take good care and nurse yourself back to health to prepare for your next FET. Jiayou!

Yah the last 2 cycles were at Mount E. If u dont mind me asking, why did u choose to change gynae? I'm on my third try with him now, but the disappointment the 1st two rounds is making me dread and fear the 3rd round.

@Mrs Chan00, actually I'm not sure I'm cycling when? I just started on Gynera, will start jabs sometime in mid April. I'm hoping to do a frozen cycle this time (higher success rates) so might wait until Jun to July for the transfer.
Hi Finesse9702... No matter which month you are cycling, still wanna wish you all the best! Jiayou!:D

How was your hcg that time?

It was 200 plus when i went for bt. By the time i started to spot, i had bt every other day. First time was 1000 plus, then followed by 2000 plus and then it began to slow down. Only increase by a few hundred every time. I dont rem the actual numbers already.

Hcg level drop to 5.9. Doc says it is a miscarriage since hormone level suggests that implantation took place. Still havent rule out ectopic, told to continue to monitor for pain.

Ordered for a series of blood tests to see if can know why i got 2 miscarriages for ivf. He initially say not necessary cos might not be able to tell anything, but i insisted.

Hcg level drop to 5.9. Doc says it is a miscarriage since hormone level suggests that implantation took place. Still havent rule out ectopic, told to continue to monitor for pain.

Ordered for a series of blood tests to see if can know why i got 2 miscarriages for ivf. He initially say not necessary cos might not be able to tell anything, but i insisted.
Sorry to hear that. Tomorrow I'm going for my 3rd beta. It better goes down already since I'm on full bleed. Also miscarry.. Are you with kkh? Sorry if I've asked before.

What tests did you order? Can you share ?

Mine was fet, was yours fet too? i find the 1st scan abit long too.
Oh no.. Mine is fresh, maybe that's why.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's not ectopic for you. If it dropped to zero means it's not ectopic? Can they not scan to check? What kind of blood tests to find out.

Haiz... in the end i still lost my bb. i took a week's leave from work. fri got appt with my doc, i'll ask her "why like that". i guess i'll be back to do another FET. still got 4 embies in the freezer. i hope you don't get paranoid by what happened to me. enjoy your pregnancy!
Dear ChasingRainbow,
Hugs... Take your time for a good rest before embark on another journey. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Sorry to hear that. Tomorrow I'm going for my 3rd beta. It better goes down already since I'm on full bleed. Also miscarry.. Are you with kkh? Sorry if I've asked before.

What tests did you order? Can you share ?

Another beta next week. Thyroid, GTT, anti cardiolipin, anti double stranded dna antibody.

Yes i am with kkh.

Dear whmc,
Hugs... Do rest well and embark on another journey when you are ready. Remember, tomorrow will be a better day!

Oh no.. Mine is fresh, maybe that's why.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's not ectopic for you. If it dropped to zero means it's not ectopic? Can they not scan to check? What kind of blood tests to find out.

I did ask doc. He say scan now also wont be able to see anything. I'll probably wait for bleed to stop then go see my gynae for scan and pap smear.

Hi Chasing Rainbow, same thing happened to me few weeks back. I feel u. Take care.

went for my 1st scan today at CD14 Lining at 9.1. ET will be on next week. Is this the usual wait for ET? Abt 1 week after scan?
Mine was fet, my first scan on cd10 2nd Scan cd13 and et cd 15, tested positive on opk on cd13, et 2 days later cos mine is a 2d embryo transfer. Not sure why yours require a week

Mine was fet, my first scan on cd10 2nd Scan cd13 and et cd 15, tested positive on opk on cd13, et 2 days later cos mine is a 2d embryo transfer. Not sure why yours require a week
Yours is natural FET? If it's medicated like me it doesn't matter when is ET cos we don't depend on ovulation.

Natural fet. Medicated also depends on ovulation right? Just that the ovulation is controlled by medications. Et will still be timed to coincide with ovulation like as in natural phase and cycle

I'm just wondering hor, are you ladies working or stay home wives?

I'm sick of people telling me to relax quit my job because DOING NOTHIG AND RELAXING really will help me get a baby. It's really not that simple as just to relax.

If quit my job no money for ivf already. But if I quit my job and stay at home and can get baby, I don't mind lol lol

Last edited:

I'm sick of people telling me to relax quit my job because DOING NOTHIG AND RELAXING really will help me get a baby. It's really not that simple as just to relax.

If quit my job no money for ivf already. But if I quit my job and stay at home and can get baby, I don't mind lol lol
I'm still working. I'm sure there's some ladies who quit and focus on IVF. Depends on your job? If your boss is not those understanding type, making your IVF cycle even more stressful, then why not take some time off or npl for few mths during your IVF period. No work = no money = no money for IVF.. At least for me.. Haha. U should decide what is best for u :)

I'm still working. I'm sure there's some ladies who quit and focus on IVF. Depends on your job? If your boss is not those understanding type, making your IVF cycle even more stressful, then why not take some time off or npl for few mths during your IVF period. No work = no money = no money for IVF.. At least for me.. Haha. U should decide what is best for u :)
Same for me lor. My boss is super understanding and knows every cycle that I've gone through. Don't know what to do without this boss.

My friends kept telling me I have to quit as taking leave still links me to the job. It's really not that simple to just relax and then a baby will come. Sighs. Hard to explain to these people haha

Same for me lor. My boss is super understanding and knows every cycle that I've gone through. Don't know what to do without this boss.

My friends kept telling me I have to quit as taking leave still links me to the job. It's really not that simple to just relax and then a baby will come. Sighs. Hard to explain to these people haha

This cycle i feel i am very relaxed ah. And see what it brought me?

This cycle i feel i am very relaxed ah. And see what it brought me?
Me too. Sighs. I've tried everything. First cycle plus fet rest 2 weeks - bfn. Second cycle plus fet - rest 1 week, the other go work immediately- bfn. 3rd cycle - never transfer. This cycle super happy thanks to Dr thh - miscarry. It's just hell.

I also dunno wat to say about this ivf thgy. What have we done so evil to deserve going through this ordeal just to have a baby. Bleah..

Hope those who are trying still to have a first baby will cross over to the other motherhood forum soon,its simply tiring n exhuasting physcially n mentally,at least tts wat i feel..jiayou. lucky got this forum to share this hidden thoughts..

I am a FTWM, have 2 boys to manage at home. So I don't think being relax and doing nothing actually helps (of cos being too stressed out doesn't help too). Sometimes the more you think about it the more you don't get it, and things always come least expected (happened to me 3 times). So doing nothing means you will keep thinking about it and that's not good.. Just ignore what others say and don't get too affected by them, you know you are already doing the best you can..

I'm working too. I have people asking me to quit too and one of them is my sister. I have a very political boss who acts understanding. Since the day I rejected this monthly travel task giving the reason that I'm family planning, and don wish to be away every month, he been pressurizing me to train ppl to do what I do. I had to do OT until the night before my ER. My hubby ain't very happy about it either.

While I agree that stress is not good for ttc-ing, we don't need to be "doing nothing, just relax"
#1 of cos working gives $$$ and $$$ is not only necessary for ivf but also impt to have when u have a baby.
#2 many of those ppl who ask us to quit do not understand that ttc is not just about relaxing. There are so many factors that could affect the chances of success
#3 even if we quit and do nothing at home, it's still stressful. Stress about whether next cycle will be successful, stress about whether can still find job after giving birth, stress about whether current fund reserves is sufficient to cope with any unexpected problems etc etc...

So don bother what others advise u to do. Cos you know best what is good for yourself. Trust yourself and move in the direction you want. :)

I am a FTWM, have 2 boys to manage at home. So I don't think being relax and doing nothing actually helps (of cos being too stressed out doesn't help too). Sometimes the more you think about it the more you don't get it, and things always come least expected (happened to me 3 times). So doing nothing means you will keep thinking about it and that's not good.. Just ignore what others say and don't get too affected by them, you know you are already doing the best you can..
So nice to find people who understands and think alike!! I also think so!

I'm working too. I have people asking me to quit too and one of them is my sister. I have a very political boss who acts understanding. Since the day I rejected this monthly travel task giving the reason that I'm family planning, and don wish to be away every month, he been pressurizing me to train ppl to do what I do. I had to do OT until the night before my ER. My hubby ain't very happy about it either.

While I agree that stress is not good for ttc-ing, we don't need to be "doing nothing, just relax"
#1 of cos working gives $$$ and $$$ is not only necessary for ivf but also impt to have when u have a baby.
#2 many of those ppl who ask us to quit do not understand that ttc is not just about relaxing. There are so many factors that could affect the chances of success
#3 even if we quit and do nothing at home, it's still stressful. Stress about whether next cycle will be successful, stress about whether can still find job after giving birth, stress about whether current fund reserves is sufficient to cope with any unexpected problems etc etc...

So don bother what others advise u to do. Cos you know best what is good for yourself. Trust yourself and move in the direction you want. :)
Ya lor I also think so. Money is definitely important at this moment to build a family sighs. Easy for them to say always and the thing is exactly like what you've said!! Even if we do nothing at home it will still be stressful!! Then they always quote me those miracle examples of their friends who got pregnant after long try after quitting. Roll eyes wor. Their success is really not my success.

Hey ladies! Don't give up! I know it's not easy, hence we have this forum to encourage one another! I know of a lady who BFP only on her 9th cycle! Of cos not hoping we will take that long... But I guess we should try till we exhaust any means. It's stages of challenges we have to go through.. Those who conceived naturally and easily will never understand what we have been through. So just listen and forget about it. I've come to a point whereby when people started asking me abt when I'm gg to have a bb, I'll just smile and walk away.
Nonetheless, Let's stay strong and fight till the end!

Hey ladies! Don't give up! I know it's not easy, hence we have this forum to encourage one another! I know of a lady who BFP only on her 9th cycle! Of cos not hoping we will take that long... But I guess we should try till we exhaust any means. It's stages of challenges we have to go through.. Those who conceived naturally and easily will never understand what we have been through. So just listen and forget about it. I've come to a point whereby when people started asking me abt when I'm gg to have a bb, I'll just smile and walk away.
Nonetheless, Let's stay strong and fight till the end!
I cannot imagine that many. I feel weaker after each cycle. But yes! Let's continue our hard work!

Oh man I'm in trouble ladies. My beta is still going up though I'm full bleeding. As usual 3 possibilities - ectopic, miscarriage, chemical pregnancy or early pregnancy. Doc said I'm super early into my pregnancy now only 4 weeks +. Can't tell anything for sure. Have to repeat my blood in 2 days time again!! Even in 2 days it's still too early to tell anything. Pure agony!!!!

Back