IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, need ur advice.

Since soya product,caffeine, chocolate drinks which include milk not advicable to drink. What do you drink for breakfast.?

I have been drinking Tea O for the past few days after my ET which was last Friday.

Any alternatives for drinks I can take from breakfast till dinner ... Other then plain water...
Hello Daniz, don't worry too much. I also drink a bit milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so will be fine one. The key is overall healthy balance diet & drink at least 2L daily & adequate rest. Don't obssess as no good for u & your embie. All the best! Jia you k!

Hi sisters ,
Do u lie down in the bed most of the during first few days of 2ww ? I rest till back pain and l lie down flatly most of the time ....
Hi Winniewiniepooh, do try to walk & move around at intervals between resting. Don't hv to lie down all the time. My clinic advised to do walking about 15min after sitting or lying down for too long in the day eg 1 hr. Lying or sitting down for too long doesn't help with blood flow. Moreover u feeling back pain le, so seems body also complaining. Take care k. All the best!

Sisters pls advise if it's safe to use feminine wash in tww. Also can drink yakult? Is it v risky to bd in tww? Also those who are back to work in tww what's the mode of transport. Do u feel like bus and trains make tummy shake alot and feel kindof what will happen to embryos? Thanks.

Sisters pls advise if it's safe to use feminine wash in tww. Also can drink yakult? Is it v risky to bd in tww? Also those who are back to work in tww what's the mode of transport. Do u feel like bus and trains make tummy shake alot and feel kindof what will happen to embryos? Thanks.
Hi my clinic advised no bd during 2ww . I took bus to work .. So far ok.
For me my concern is. I am down with bad cough coz of the haze so when I cough hard I wonder if the embbies are jerked by the force ... Hopefully not.

I read in NUH thread that Prof Wong advised not to bd during tww...

cos i miscarriaged many times and i asked another doc for a series of blood tests, from there they said my proluctin high but they(another hospital/doc) refused to give me any medication to lower down despite me researching and read that it is important. Then that cycle of course fail despite really good embryos and such. Then when i changed to prof, i mentioned to him this and he straight away asked to retake my test and same thing the level is almost the same high and from there he jotted down the prescription without me asking! Perhaps you can ask if they did this blood test before prior to your cycle? If not can request to prof?

Thanks dearie

Thanks sista. Yes, my doc did put a tick on the report against the prolactin result along with the other hormones which are also ok, so guess it has been checked. I just found some doc info online about high prolactin, a few also mentioned the same treatment drug, ie. Cabergoline, which your Prof Wong prescribed for you. Sharing some good reads so sisters who are concerned can find out more and ask doc if needed
http://www.drmalpani.com/knowledge-center/articles/prolactin

http://www.yourivfjourney.com/what-is-prolactin-and-how-does-it-affect-ivf/

As always.. dear sister dawn!! Our advisor!! Thanks for the research and sharing the link...

I must go n check my report.. i harldy see all this reports.. now realise how important is it..

Cheers to all the ladies in here!!

hello sisters, understand some bought brazil nuts thru iherb. just wondering how long does the shipment take?? hoping it can be in time for my upcoming procedure in nov..

Hi Winniewiniepooh, do try to walk & move around at intervals between resting. Don't hv to lie down all the time. My clinic advised to do walking about 15min after sitting or lying down for too long in the day eg 1 hr. Lying or sitting down for too long doesn't help with blood flow. Moreover u feeling back pain le, so seems body also complaining. Take care k. All the best!
Thanks DawnBB. Will do

Hi my clinic advised no bd during 2ww . I took bus to work .. So far ok.
For me my concern is. I am down with bad cough coz of the haze so when I cough hard I wonder if the embbies are jerked by the force ... Hopefully not.
Ohhh ok. Thanks gal. I also have bad dry cough since haze days and worry also.

Good morning ladies.

I have been ttc for 2 years. I have 1 failed IUI. I intend to go for another one this month and if that fails too, i might be considering IVF. Can someone kindly tell me whats the procedure and the cost in KKH/NUH?
Will we be required to take medical leave - need to plan for employer? And any successful cases in this thread? I'm so frustrated with this journey. trying to be positive but its so hard when AF comes in every month - a just in your face moment. grr. Any advice is appreciated loads. Thank yoU!!!

I haven't been having much of an appetite since started the jabs, even though ER had been done on Fri. Feel tired most of the time too. Does anyone has the same exprience as me?

Hi sisters ,
Do u lie down in the bed most of the during first few days of 2ww ? I rest till back pain and l lie down flatly most of the time ....
walk walk a bit ard hse, like going toilet, kitchen..but take it slowly esp the first 5days after et..avoid crowded plcs cos to avoid germs and flu virus..dun squat

i use lydtacyd (spelling?) wash outer area dun douche inside..i also drank yakult. And no bd in 2ww cos considered preggy and best to avoid all of the trimesters thruout..all the best! Sprinkle bb dusts to you and the girls here!

Awesome!!!!!! Congrats.. grabbing lots of baby dusts from u... was yrs fresh or frozen cycle?
Thanks..it was my 4th fresh cycle although i hv still frozen think 1 or 2 embbies from my 3rd fresh but this 4th fresh we changed hospital and doc..maybe that helped too. Cos sometimes if one doc/hospital give you no assurance, then no point continuing..cos your luck might be elsewhere. Im pouring truckloads of bb dusts to you girls here!!

Good morning ladies.

I have been ttc for 2 years. I have 1 failed IUI. I intend to go for another one this month and if that fails too, i might be considering IVF. Can someone kindly tell me whats the procedure and the cost in KKH/NUH?
Will we be required to take medical leave - need to plan for employer? And any successful cases in this thread? I'm so frustrated with this journey. trying to be positive but its so hard when AF comes in every month - a just in your face moment. grr. Any advice is appreciated loads. Thank yoU!!!
Hi there, you can refer to this site http://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/kkivfcentre/Pages/Home.aspx for basic info. Each fresh cycle costs about $12-15k & frozen cycle Ard $2000. But there's got grants if you are Singaporeans and or PR. Then slowly follow this thread and you get lots of other info.

oh!! i didnt know.. i only knew of iherb. hehe. thanks a lot @Lambi!!
i wanted to take bus but jus u-turned to check out tampines finest but dont hv.. shall try my luck at mustafa! :D
the shopping centre think citysq mall? next to mustafa got pat's oven at b1 if you dun find at mustafa

As always.. dear sister dawn!! Our advisor!! Thanks for the research and sharing the link...

I must go n check my report.. i harldy see all this reports.. now realise how important is it..

Cheers to all the ladies in here!!

Hahaha... I also another one who hardly checked my reports. I was focusing on Yes or No!
Guess i'll have to be more diligent.. :)

Any sister experienced this before ?

No symptom during 2ww came out with BFN?
Feels like no symptoms , today 3 days post day 4 transfer ..... But my underwear keep a little bit wet , it is not like spotting or bleeding .. Just wet like leaking liquid deh... How to explain this ?

@Lambi thanks for all the replies despite being bz with your twinnies. Grabbing tonnes of baby dusts. Can you share food that you took during tww and continued during your pregnancy gal. Did u take public transport to work. Thanks in advance and once again congrats n may God bless you and twinnies with abundance of good health and happiness.

Feels like no symptoms , today 3 days post day 4 transfer ..... But my underwear keep a little bit wet , it is not like spotting or bleeding .. Just wet like leaking liquid deh... How to explain this ?
Gal don't think negative so fast pls. Sisters bfp with anf without symptoms. We all are different with different body symptoms. But I can certainly understand the anxiety. We keep asking to assure and boost confidence but pls don't despair and be positive till bfp ok. I did have discharge n wetness and used liners. As long as no smell or itch down there shud be ok. All the best pls keep calm and be in peace. Embbies will implant in couple of days.

Hi hi I don't have symptoms too besides feeling very full after every meal.... Mine is 5d post transfer

Anyone know when is implantation?

2ww is like 2 years wait to me

Gal don't think negative so fast pls. Sisters bfp with anf without symptoms. We all are different with different body symptoms. But I can certainly understand the anxiety. We keep asking to assure and boost confidence but pls don't despair and be positive till bfp ok. I did have discharge n wetness and used liners. As long as no smell or itch down there shud be ok. All the best pls keep calm and be in peace. Embbies will implant in couple of days.
Thanks for your encouragement ..... This around quite neverous as this is FET cycle with grade 2 embryo .... Hope can success

Hi Ladies,

I am not doing IVF.

Anyway, just want to share with you gals what an African pastor said in church recently, about how to conquer negative thoughts in our minds. He said as soon as we realize, we should just keep on singing the words 'li kai wo' (leave me) in our minds. And I find that this helps somehow.

Thanks for your encouragement ..... This around quite neverous as this is FET cycle with grade 2 embryo .... Hope can success
@Winniewiniepooh @gan1972 was yrs day 2 transfer. Implantation happens 6 to 10 days post transfer. Google for implantation calculator and find out. No symptoms also worrying symptoms also worrying. Am 13dpt2dt. Past 2 days mild cramps but today severe. Kept running to check and praying hard witch shud stay away for 9 months. I took hcg support jab 1000iu and I read that it takes 1 day to discard 1000iu. Just praying v v v hard.

@Sonique2001 how r u feeling gal. Is it bt tomorrow or tue..all the best to you. Hope yr staining has stopped.

@tryingtoconceive2014 yeah it's v important to chase off the bad and negative thoughts. I will just pray and chant some mantras to divert mind. Keep talking to embbies to hold on tight and never leave me.

@Winniewiniepooh @gan1972 was yrs day 2 transfer. Implantation happens 6 to 10 days post transfer. Google for implantation calculator and find out. No symptoms also worrying symptoms also worrying. Am 13dpt2dt. Past 2 days mild cramps but today severe. Kept running to check and praying hard witch shud stay away for 9 months. I took hcg support jab 1000iu and I read that it takes 1 day to discard 1000iu. Just praying v v v hard.

@Sonique2001 how r u feeling gal. Is it bt tomorrow or tue..all the best to you. Hope yr staining has stopped.

@tryingtoconceive2014 yeah it's v important to chase off the bad and negative thoughts. I will just pray and chant some mantras to divert mind. Keep talking to embbies to hold on tight and never leave me.
Thanks for your reply sister . Ya ya just can't kick off the negative minds even though I have been trying .... Did you do the pregnancy test ? Think you can test at home ?

Back