IVF/ICSI Support Group

A fertility doc once told me be careful of Chinese herbs (I think dang gui) as they may trigger the fibroid to enlarge itself.

tough to be a woman, we need to be strong, pick ourselves up n brave through many things.
gals,no matter wat stage of ttc u are in, jiayou n hope we see rainbow soon!

Yup i think in all sense, gotta pick ourselves up quick from undesirable encounters and not dwell on something that's beyond us. Even ivf doesn't guarantee a positive result so just take a day as it comes.

Morning sisters, I'm very confuse now. I just did another hpt this morning using clear blue plus. It is positive! I can't believe my eyes on the result, how can this happen? Right now the + sign is faded, the vertical line is very light but it is still visible. May I know what Shd I do now?
ImageUploadedByForum1402532957.235519.jpg

Morning sisters, I'm very confuse now. I just did another hpt this morning using clear blue plus. It is positive! I can't believe my eyes on the result, how can this happen? Right now the + sign is faded, the vertical line is very light but it is still visible. May I know what Shd I do now?
View attachment 309697

Yes pls go for another bt! My hpt is looking like yours and I've gotten a BFP. Gd luck and kip us posted!!

Portia went to scanning?
Hi anamika,

Went for review at 5pm. Beanie has grown from 1.6mm last wed tp 13mm yest. It is still 0.5 week behind my actual track date of 8 weeks. Still on duphaston, progynova and utrogeston for support. Dr ask me to go back for review again next week.

View attachment 309697
congrats tinga!quick call up e clinic and go for another blood test, maybe got hope!

Doc said can try hpt or go back have another test on Friday. Guess will do hpt to see any hope.
Tinga,

If dr ask u to repeat, just repeat again for a conclusive answer. Just try and manage yrself when the final answer is out. You will never know what Mother Nature is up to.

Every week i go for review, drs tell me that my beanie's growth is off track by 3 to 4 days from my transfer date. I ask them if it could be due to late implantation and their answer is it could be cos i started with very low hcg of 23 and bb's growth is behind the actual period since ER and ET. Hence, they keep telling me to go bk for review. Just tk make sure beanie is growing well.

If all goes well and i successfully have a take home bb, it will prove the theories that we all read about on internet and books:

A. Implantation can be late and not on 7th day after ER. (It can be between 6 to 12 day.) In my case, beanie could hv implanted on day 10 and hence the next point.

B. Low HCG can be a successful pregnancy. (HCG of 23 on 9dp3dt, newly detected only 3 days after implant.)

C. Bleeds and stains can be a normal thing during early pregnancy and lead to successful birth ( although it can be worrying as it could go other way.)

I am wishing and hoping that this pregnancy will give me my long awaited take home bb and hope that it will be a prove that the above theories are right and give mummies to be here some hope when they encounter similar situation.

I removed fibroid and polyp a year ago and in march. I did another round of polyp removal. This round my uterus is in good condition but yet not able to BFP
Tinga,

Check with yr doc if it is implantation issue. I also removed 2 huge fibroids in july last year. Dr say i hv implantation issues which could be anything.

It could be scars from fibroid op preventing implant. It could be ghat the cells for implant not being 'SWITCHED on' (which can be solved by an endo scratch.). It cojld be Natural Killer Cells in u rejecting embbie. It could be poor blood circulation to yr womb which makes the environment less conducive for embbie (this reason contributed by my tcm. But western doc always prescribe bb aspirin to thin blood and help blood flow to womb.) The possibilities are endless...

You just need to eliminate all the possibilities after consulting yr dics in order to up yr success rate next time if this round din work out.

A fertility doc once told me be careful of Chinese herbs (I think dang gui) as they may trigger the fibroid to enlarge itself.
Yes, yr tcm is right. My tcm also say dang gui may not be suited for everyone. Some can take from 1st trim but others can only take in 2nd trim. Others dun take at all. This ix bcos we are individuals and hv different health profile.

One man's meat is another's poison.

View attachment 309697
Congrats, Tinga!

Lol. Looks like my earlier posts were for nothing!

A line is a line! Go get yr blood test done but be prepared that it may be low hcg. If it is, dun panic!

That's a beautiful cross there tinga. How come bt says negative? Is that possible? I thought bt won't lie. What's your dpo equivalent when you did your BT yesterday tinga?

Portia3, I'm telling my husband I dunno how shd I handle another bt result in such a short period. I'm afraid of another disappointment. I msg my clinic of my hpt result pic, they are asking me to carry on the insert and medication. And tmr if the hpt still showing positive, then go back for bt again. I'm thinking whether to go for the clinic nearby to take the test or not

Portia3, I'm telling my husband I dunno how shd I handle another bt result in such a short period. I'm afraid of another disappointment. I msg my clinic of my hpt result pic, they are asking me to carry on the insert and medication. And tmr if the hpt still showing positive, then go back for bt again. I'm thinking whether to go for the clinic nearby to take the test or not
Tinga,the HPT is positive..u might be a late implanter..my previous fresh cycle,I had a neg BT too..then one week later out of curiosity went to take another BT as I was spotting after AF had finished..and true enuff,has a positive result..but it ended in chemical pregnancy..wait one more day and do ur BT as told by ur doctor..all the best to u.. :)

Santhiya

Tinga,

Check with yr doc if it is implantation issue. I also removed 2 huge fibroids in july last year. Dr say i hv implantation issues which could be anything.

It could be scars from fibroid op preventing implant. It could be ghat the cells for implant not being 'SWITCHED on' (which can be solved by an endo scratch.). It cojld be Natural Killer Cells in u rejecting embbie. It could be poor blood circulation to yr womb which makes the environment less conducive for embbie (this reason contributed by my tcm. But western doc always prescribe bb aspirin to thin blood and help blood flow to womb.) The possibilities are endless...

You just need to eliminate all the possibilities after consulting yr dics in order to up yr success rate next time if this round din work out.
Is there any test for me to go and test for the natural killer cell? I m asking my doc abt the intralipid thing but she told me that this is not a proven concept. I'm thinking to go test for it if my this round dun turn out well. Abt the endo scratch, when is it to be done?before ET? All the above that u have mentioned I'm thinking to try it, I think we woman can do anything for trying to conceive.

Tinga,

You need to manage yr own emotion first and get yrself prepared for the blood test results to go either way. Go for yr 2nd blood test only if u are prepared to accept the outcome.

Put it this way, you already felt the disappointment from the first bt. If the 2nd one u take has the same result, u shld not be surprise. However, if it turns out to be good news, celebrate and thank yr God for the answered prayers.

Btw, what was the bt result u had yesterday? 0-5 hcg? Or below 25 hcg? FYI, hcg level of above 5 but below 25 is equivocal. It does not mean u r not pregnant.

Congrats, Tinga!

Lol. Looks like my earlier posts were for nothing!

A line is a line! Go get yr blood test done but be prepared that it may be low hcg. If it is, dun panic!
No Portia, ur post is really helpful for me. I hope I'm like ur case, which my beanie is implant late, I have thousand of question in my mind on what is happening right now. Confuse and confuse. Im going to get the digital tester to test so that there is no line to fade! Seeing the line getting lighter which make me worry..

That's a beautiful cross there tinga. How come bt says negative? Is that possible? I thought bt won't lie. What's your dpo equivalent when you did your BT yesterday tinga?
Redvel, this is the part that I'm confuse lo. I'm trusted the bt result more than the hpt, I thought I'm seeing wrongly for the hpt yesterday morning. BT suppose to detect low hcg even before the hpt right? Today I'm 9dp5dt. Yesterday was 8dp5dt. I'm not sure am I the same case as Portia (late implant)?

Yes, redvel.

BT is the most accurate. However, this could happen in early testing. Embbie may have just implanted but hcg not detected in blood yet cos it is not high enuff at point of blood test. It takes 3 days after implant before hcg enters the blood. I was lucky to detect a mere level 23 on 9dp3dt. Maybe for Tinga, her test was a step earlier before the hcg could show itself.

Drs may also tell patient to repeat when hcg is below 25 as it is deemed as equivocal. They will not confirm that as a pregnancy as yet and hence will repeat blood test.

Usually bt is scheduled 14 days after transfer? Am I right ladies?

So maybe tinga your BT could be done too early. I really hope that's the case for you. If you have done it at 14 days past ET, then maybe real fat positive.

I also did my BT on 9dp5dt because i was already having light af. So wanna close the chapter once and for all for that ivf cycle.

Good luck and hear of your good news tinga.

Tinga,

You need to manage yr own emotion first and get yrself prepared for the blood test results to go either way. Go for yr 2nd blood test only if u are prepared to accept the outcome.

Put it this way, you already felt the disappointment from the first bt. If the 2nd one u take has the same result, u shld not be surprise. However, if it turns out to be good news, celebrate and thank yr God for the answered prayers.

Btw, what was the bt result u had yesterday? 0-5 hcg? Or below 25 hcg? FYI, hcg level of above 5 but below 25 is equivocal. It does not mean u r not pregnant.
Ya, I think I will be more calm then the yesterday if the result turn out to be negative again, but my question will be how come hpt will show as positive, this is the thing that puzzle me. My doc told me the result is not positive, I din ask for the number. Probably below 0.

Qn on endo scratch : If I heard correctly, Dr Sadhana mentioned she would be the one doing the procedure for me. For those whom have done it before, that is so right? Not assigned to another doc right?

Is there any test for me to go and test for the natural killer cell? I m asking my doc abt the intralipid thing but she told me that this is not a proven concept. I'm thinking to go test for it if my this round dun turn out well. Abt the endo scratch, when is it to be done?before ET? All the above that u have mentioned I'm thinking to try it, I think we woman can do anything for trying to conceive.

There is a blood test but my dr will tell u dun bother cos it is not conclusive. The other test is to take tissue from yr uterus which carries a risk and not available here. Also, like what yr doc says, the intralipid treatment is not a proven treatment for NKC yet as research is still on. Those of us who choose to go for the treatment is aware of the above but feels that if it does no harm in any case. Hence we went for it.

Endo scratch is done 7 days after yr ovulation in the cycle a month before yr ivf cycle. Yr doc will likely do it in her consult room.

Tinga, dun think so much yet. Sort out yr current blood test situation first. I hope u dun hv to do any of the above!

No Portia, ur post is really helpful for me. I hope I'm like ur case, which my beanie is implant late, I have thousand of question in my mind on what is happening right now. Confuse and confuse. Im going to get the digital tester to test so that there is no line to fade! Seeing the line getting lighter which make me worry..
Tinga,

I understand how you feel. Calm down and sort out yr thoughts. If it helps, map out each thought and find thd answer or course of action to each one!

When u get yr test kit, make sure u read and follow instructions closely. I prefer to collect my urine in cup and dip the hpt in for 20 sec (or according to instruction) and wait for the exact time to see result. Do note that digital hpt result only last 24 hr. Rem to take a photo to show DH!

Ya, I think I will be more calm then the yesterday if the result turn out to be negative again, but my question will be how come hpt will show as positive, this is the thing that puzzle me. My doc told me the result is not positive, I din ask for the number. Probably below 0.
Tinga,

Read my previous reply to redvel. You may hv gone a little early for test.

Or yr hcg reading was below 25 which is equivoval ('pregnant but not pregnant'. Do i make sense?!?! Lol) Hence she did not say and just ask u to repeat you shld ask her for the report.

Tinga,

I understand how you feel. Calm down and sort out yr thoughts. If it helps, map out each thought and find thd answer or course of action to each one!

When u get yr test kit, make sure u read and follow instructions closely. I prefer to collect my urine in cup and dip the hpt in for 20 sec (or according to instruction) and wait for the exact time to see result. Do note that digital hpt result only last 24 hr. Rem to take a photo to show DH!
Ya..he was asking me 'are u sure u wan to do digital hpt?' I need a proof to myself. These two days I shake him awake from bed to read my hpt result, he must be thinking his wife is getting crazy!

Ya..he was asking me 'are u sure u wan to do digital hpt?' I need a proof to myself. These two days I shake him awake from bed to read my hpt result, he must be thinking his wife is getting crazy!
Lol. I did the same to my dh too at 530am. We did 5 hpt of various types and brands together.

Tinga,

Dun try snd drown yrself with water just to urine. Hcg may be too diluted in urine if u do that. Best is to wait at least 3 hours with normal drinking (or hv a 3hr nap this afternoon) before doing the digital hpt.

Tinga,

Dun try snd drown yrself with water just to urine. Hcg may be too diluted in urine if u do that. Best is to wait at least 3 hours with normal drinking (or hv a 3hr nap this afternoon) before doing the digital hpt.
Noted :) ,thanks Portia

View attachment 309697

congrats.. is same with me last time. You can go to hospital request do the HCG test. :)

View attachment 310091View attachment 310092
Tested again using clear blue and Watson test kits. Watson result only show up the second line after 5 mins like that. I guess I will go for blood test again tmr morning to see what is the reading
Now u can set yr mind at ease, Tinga!

Your one blast has given u the bfp! So it proves another point: one quality transfer will give u equal chance of a bfp!

Congratulations again!

Now u can set yr mind at ease, Tinga!

Your one blast has given u the bfp! So it proves another point: one quality transfer will give u equal chance of a bfp!

Congratulations again!
Thanks Portia, finger cross until tmr BT result is out then can let go my worry.

Thanks Portia, finger cross until tmr BT result is out then can let go my worry.
Tinga,

Dun worry so much. If it is just 1 hpt giving u positive, you can doubt the results. But with 3 positive results, there is no doubt already. Just hope that everything will go smoothly from this point forward till bb is in yr arms.

Remember to ask for reports for both yr bt!

Tinga,

Dun worry so much. If it is just 1 hpt giving u positive, you can doubt the results. But with 3 positive results, there is no doubt already. Just hope that everything will go smoothly from this point forward till bb is in yr arms.

ya ,get e blood test report for e very 1st test also, n y they say negative

Tinga,

Ya, I will definitely get the reading this round. Checked w clinic this afternoon, they told me the reading yesterday was 0.1, haih. I never see so low result being mentioned, this is equal to zero leh. Will see how tmr

Back