IVF/ICSI Support Group

For ER.. they will put you in GA, the procedure is around 10mins. I think I wake up for a sec and ask the nurse how many follicles did they retrieve when I am still in the operating theatre. Then they tell me more than 10 and then I fall asleep again..

Oh.. I thought it is GA... cos they put a drip on me to put me to sleep.. Ya.. I did in KKH. Anyway, it is over... I hope this is my last fresh! Cross finger.. cross toes...

GA is where your breathing will be assisted. A breathing tube will be inserted through your mouth (I remember my throat was feeling a little dry and sore after my GA for my d&c). But for sedation, you're still breathing on your own. Sedation is kinda like less "invasive". I heard too many stories women could feel the pain during ER because the sedation didn't work on it's full force. Yikes.

I think the feeling is very weird...be it sedation or GA. So helpless at someone's mercy :p

Yes for my er I was only sedation. I can hear all the commotions in the room n feel the sucking pain but I wasn't able to voice out in pain. The nurses ard thot I m asleep. When I has dnc last year, was aso on sedation but can't feel anything..

Anyone trying natural after a failed ivf before the next scheduled ivf start?

Just thought of saying keep trying to those who are...we must believe every cycle is a possibility! There's always plan B lurking somewhere.

So I'm trying natural this cycle (close shop on bd already as I've ovulated likely yesterday) before my endo scratch next month which I have to avoid bd in July.

think i am on sedation also. i didnt feel a thing during er and instead went onto dreaming lol after they administer some injection in from e wrist. it was only after er few hours later at home than feel e cramp. e cramp is at e side with more eggs (10) retrieved. e side with lesser eggs(4) has not much after effect
Yes for my er I was only sedation. I can hear all the commotions in the room n feel the sucking pain but I wasn't able to voice out in pain. The nurses ard thot I m asleep. When I has dnc last year, was aso on sedation but can't feel anything..
ation

Anyone trying natural after a failed ivf before the next scheduled ivf start?

Just thought of saying keep trying to those who are...we must believe every cycle is a possibility! There's always plan B lurking somewhere.

So I'm trying natural this cycle (close shop on bd already as I've ovulated likely yesterday) before my endo scratch next month which I have to avoid bd in July.
I did... but din succeed. Hence, this cycle.

Today is 6dp5dt for me, from afternoon start to feel light cramp on my lower abdomen. Tested using hpt not seeing two line, am I tested too early? Feel uneasy now .

Today is 6dp5dt for me, from afternoon start to feel light cramp on my lower abdomen. Tested using hpt not seeing two line, am I tested too early? Feel uneasy now .
It's too early to test... if it's implantation now hcg aso won't rise immediately too..

What brand u use? Digital? U use first morning urine?

Test again in two days time.

Tinga, good luck to you! Hope to grab ur baby dust soon!

Sisters,

I have some questions in mind which sounds like "common knowledge" to most of you but pls pardon my ignorant.
1) Im returning back to work tomorrow after my FET last fri, izzit true that i can't wear heels? Im pretty much a heels and wedges gal so might need to buy a more formal flats if i can't wear heels for work.
2) Have to refrain from intercourse till blood test?
3) If this FET fails, izzit possible to go for another fet straight away instead of waiting for a month in between (Im with kkh)? My job requires me to travel overseas sometime so trying to plan ahead as i have biz trip coming up.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I'm using the tester from Qoo, not clear blue digital. I did it in the afternoon.
Tinga,

At this early stage, better to use first urine in the morning when u wake. As it is not past the 14 days after yr ER, u need a very sensitive test kit that can detect low hcg. Clearblue digital works for me. My hcg was only 23 when i first detected bfp on a clearblue digital on 9dp3dt.

Tinga, good luck to you! Hope to grab ur baby dust soon!

Sisters,

I have some questions in mind which sounds like "common knowledge" to most of you but pls pardon my ignorant.
1) Im returning back to work tomorrow after my FET last fri, izzit true that i can't wear heels? Im pretty much a heels and wedges gal so might need to buy a more formal flats if i can't wear heels for work.
2) Have to refrain from intercourse till blood test?
3) If this FET fails, izzit possible to go for another fet straight away instead of waiting for a month in between (Im with kkh)? My job requires me to travel overseas sometime so trying to plan ahead as i have biz trip coming up.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Tinga,

Purpose of this forum is for us to share info, experience and discussion. So no need to feel apologetic of shy abt questions u hv. But i think, after getting yr answers here, u still need to do yr own due diligence and research on yr own or asked trained med personnel to confirm.

1) I choose to wear flats after ET as it is more comfy and easier on the knees especially when i am bloated and clumsy. Reduce the chance of me tripping over due to clumsiness. At this stage, u nvr know if u are already pregnant. So better safe than sorry.

2) I rem nurse did tell me to refrain from sex and strenuous activities in 2ww. Ovaries are still enlarge and swollen at this stage and if pregnant, they are further stimulated. So if possible, heed the advice snd abstain. You shld chk with kk again to confirm.

3) Not able to advise as i did 2 fresh cycle and never did fet.

Tinga,

At this early stage, better to use first urine in the morning when u wake. As it is not past the 14 days after yr ER, u need a very sensitive test kit that can detect low hcg. Clearblue digital works for me. My hcg was only 23 when i first detected bfp on a clearblue digital on 9dp3dt.
Portia3, thanks for ur advice. I have the normal clearblue tester with me, think whether to use it on tmr morning or not. Stomach cramp has made me feel worry. Probably I shd grasp the clearblue digital for testing as well :)

Hi babylover,

I am taking norE for 18 days and I think the purpose of NorE is to time the menses so that the hospital can arrange for ivf appointments with better certainty. Did the nurse gave you a standard timetable with all the standard procedures and medications to take for the entire ivf process? I got the timetable during counseling and it said I need to take daily injections for 10-12 days, seem to be different from yours. Or the nurse has customized your medication to overcome your low ovarian reserve?
I am taking 11days of Nor e.starting 185 Gonal F.

Portia3, thanks for ur advice. I have the normal clearblue tester with me, think whether to use it on tmr morning or not. Stomach cramp has made me feel worry. Probably I shd grasp the clearblue digital for testing as well :)
Tinga,

Clearblue normal test kit is meant for the day after u miss yr menses i.e 15 day after ER. May not be very good for tmr. I did try it on 9dp3dt. The line was very very extremely faint that i hv to on the lights and turn it this wsy and that way to check. No point doing it and stressing yrself to guess positive or not.

Buy a digital tmr and test on Wednesday morning instead.

Tinga,
Purpose of this forum is for us to share info, experience and discussion. So no need to feel apologetic of shy abt questions u hv. But i think, after getting yr answers here, u still need to do yr own due diligence and research on yr own or asked trained med personnel to confirm.

1) I choose to wear flats after ET as it is more comfy and easier on the knees especially when i am bloated and clumsy. Reduce the chance of me tripping over due to clumsiness. At this stage, u nvr know if u are already pregnant. So better safe than sorry.

2) I rem nurse did tell me to refrain from sex and strenuous activities in 2ww. Ovaries are still enlarge and swollen at this stage and if pregnant, they are further stimulated. So if possible, heed the advice snd abstain. You shld chk with kk again to confirm.

3) Not able to advise as i did 2 fresh cycle and never did fet.

Thanks Portia! i did try to google but im getting different answers to my questions... thanks for sharing!

Tinga,

Clearblue normal test kit is meant for the day after u miss yr menses i.e 15 day after ER. May not be very good for tmr. I did try it on 9dp3dt. The line was very very extremely faint that i hv to on the lights and turn it this wsy and that way to check. No point doing it and stressing yrself to guess positive or not.

Buy a digital tmr and test on Wednesday morning instead.
Or can buy Clearblue PLUS.. PLUS can test up to 4 days before menses.. :)

@connie_hopeful.. My 2nd scan's on Fri.. @pupnui's on Thu.. hehe.. I'm on Stim Day 4 with Gonal-F.. Doing ok, but can feel tummy getting bigger.. lol..
its normal for tummy to get bigger, just pinch yr skin for e subsequent jabs and should be ok. last time, my hubby did e inject for me, he says getting more difficult to pinch up e skin as e days move on hee. day 4of simulation? tot u all started last wed le?

its normal for tummy to get bigger, just pinch yr skin for e subsequent jabs and should be ok. last time, my hubby did e inject for me, he says getting more difficult to pinch up e skin as e days move on hee. day 4of simulation? tot u all started last wed le?
Ya.. My appt was last Wed.. But started with 3 days of Oraglutran.. Den stim on Gonal-F only started on Sat.. That's for me la.. Hehe.. Ya.. My "pui bak" getting thinner also.. But still can easily pinch it up :p

stomach cramp become more significant today, it is like the PMS. Anyone who have the feeling of menses coming but getting BFP?

Have many friends who swear that they could feel their af was coming but was in fact a bfp. Hope yours is the case tinga.

For me, my bfps had no cramps. Every failed ttc cycle always has pms cramping few days before my af arrival.

Hi ladies went for my review with Dr sadhana today. She planned for me blastocyst culture of 4 frozen embbies out of 7 for next cycle and also I am trying endosctrach for next cycle. Starting my cycle in the end of July.

All the best to portia and santhia for tomorrow scanning.

Hi tinga.. Did you test again? If me, I don't dare to test.. I rather wait for the bt.. Too chicken to see the result..

Hi tinga.. Did you test again? If me, I don't dare to test.. I rather wait for the bt.. Too chicken to see the result..
Yes, but I'm not very sure the result. I dunno is it I keep looking at the stick until I can see double line.. Have not buy the clear blue digital yet.
I wish I can like u leh.. Not hand itchy go and test.. Previously my both iui cycles I also poas before bt. I need to be mentally prepare for the result.

GA is where your breathing will be assisted. A breathing tube will be inserted through your mouth (I remember my throat was feeling a little dry and sore after my GA for my d&c). But for sedation, you're still breathing on your own. Sedation is kinda like less "invasive". I heard too many stories women could feel the pain during ER because the sedation didn't work on it's full force. Yikes.

I think the feeling is very weird...be it sedation or GA. So helpless at someone's mercy :p

If not wrong they will use sedation instead of GA...

Back