IVF/ICSI Support Group

I was reading up.. The higher the AMH, the lower the chance of cancellation, higher chance of live birth, etc.. Ladies below 35 with high AMH could mean a PCOS case but I have very regular menses cycle of 27 days.. So I guess it's good for my case cos Dr Tan cnfm my cycle with me before he smiles and says it's good..
Hi rachelt,

Am happy for you. I am 36 and my AMH is 2.9. It is considered to be within the normal range.

Good to see that you have a good start. We need more positive news like this to spur everyone on. At least your case has proven that it is not necessary that older woman will definitely have lower reserves.

Hi rachelt,

Am happy for you. I am 36 and my AMH is 2.9. It is considered to be within the normal range.

Good to see that you have a good start. We need more positive news like this to spur everyone on. At least your case has proven that it is not necessary that older woman will definitely have lower reserves.
Oh.. I'm 39 by the way.. So I guess it's good.. During first consult.. Dr Tan says my IVF chance for success is only 20% but today after the test results.. It's 30%.. Gonna pray and pray real hard for a baby miracle.. Let's all not lose hope.. Will keep you in prayers for wisdom cos that's what you need now.. Don't worry k.. :)

@rachelt , really a good start for you...happy for you.... Envy that both Portia and you, AMH is at normal and above range. I think I have to mental prepare for more failures as I have a low reserve. :( anyway to enhance the reserve? Try to stay positive ..... At least I still have reserve just that low reserve lo... Sight.....
@portia3 , more or less come out with a decision?

Mesara,

Glad all went well for you.

Now i am in a dilemma. Although i technically have 9 embbies (with 5 unknown development as of now), i am still very cautious. Even if i manage to get a fair number of good grades (say grade 4) of embbies tomorrow, i dunno if i shld risk cultivating to days 5.

Dr S say that only 1/3 of the embbies will make it to day 5 actually. I may be left with nothing to freeze if i go for it.

I check with Dr loh over email. He is telling me to do day 3 transfers as he feels that cultivating to blastocysts cause a lot of 'wastage'. But he also acknowledge that blastocysts does have a higher chance of success...

So sisters here, what would u do if u are in my shoes? Your views are much appreciated.

Hi Portia, I did a D5 blastocyst transfer at SGH. At SGH the embroyologist n the doc usually suggest d3 or d5 depending on the quantity and progress of the embryos. I would suggest following their advise as they should know the exact situation better. I had 10 at first n by day 4 I was left with 8. I guess so they felt that it was ok to cultivate to d5.

Personally I would have also preferred day5 coz I was down with ohss n that gave me more recovery time n most importantly I felt that d5 had a higher success rate coz they transfer the stronger n surviving embryos.
Check with the embroyologist. They would be in the best position to advise u.

@rachelt , really a good start for you...happy for you.... Envy that both Portia and you, AMH is at normal and above range. I think I have to mental prepare for more failures as I have a low reserve. :( anyway to enhance the reserve? Try to stay positive ..... At least I still have reserve just that low reserve lo... Sight.....
@Chubby1314.. Don't think negative.. Negativity will produce negative hormones too.. I believe in prayers and many of our friends are praying alongside us too.. On our end.. We take TCM herbs to 补 our bodies.. And I believe it helps..

TPS = The Private Suite

Wah u mean dr tan did ur er and my et and Rachel review all about the same timing ??

He's so busy !

indeed buzy!! My er your et n noon review rachelt. He was at clinic d. He spoke to me before er.

Now praying hard follies grow really well . Wish u all the best sparkles.

Portia its a dilemma indeed hor. Every step challenging. So tomorrow or mon et depends on their call tomorrow is it. When can I expect embriologist to call me on the grade ar. Or they don't.

Am still bleeding n in pain. Hope to recover by et.

Last edited:
Chubby dont worry. Am 36 at my amh dropped from 3.4 to 1.7 after lap in feb. I managed to retrieve 16 eggies tho quality is the question now.

Portia why not ask the embriologist the chances.

Hello sisters here,

Anyone in their 2ww? I just did my et on tues and only fri today...but feeling backpain and my left right ovaries seem to be bursting.
I know now all symtoms could be side effect fr the progestrone insert? I realised early in the morning, I feel normal, only during the day and night then I dun feel too good.

Mothergoose,

Take loads of water and protein. It will help a lot.

I never ask if its a day 2 or 3 transfer. I am with KKH btw. When will implantation occurs if I did a FET on tues? Only 3 days past ET.
If this is an FET, it is usually a Day 3 or 5, depending on when it was first frozen and add on the days it took to thaw and grow.

Oh.. I'm 39 by the way.. So I guess it's good.. During first consult.. Dr Tan says my IVF chance for success is only 20% but today after the test results.. It's 30%.. Gonna pray and pray real hard for a baby miracle.. Let's all not lose hope.. Will keep you in prayers for wisdom cos that's what you need now.. Don't worry k.. :)
Yes, rachelt.

I need WISDOM or a SIGN from God. I took a nap after i got home at 4plus after seeing TSB, but i am none the wiser....

Hi Chubby,

Unfortunately, not yet. Will discuss with other half later and see how.

Ok er done. Retrieved 16 darlings. I am supposed to come for et monday morning. I really bleed alot after er. Stood up blood trilling down legs. Think dr tan went thru cysts on right to get the eggs. Am glad he did so.
Wow congrats mesara! Alot of eggies! Jus curious, did u manage to retrieve so many eggs the last rd?

Hi Portia, I did a D5 blastocyst transfer at SGH. At SGH the embroyologist n the doc usually suggest d3 or d5 depending on the quantity and progress of the embryos. I would suggest following their advise as they should know the exact situation better. I had 10 at first n by day 4 I was left with 8. I guess so they felt that it was ok to cultivate to d5.

Personally I would have also preferred day5 coz I was down with ohss n that gave me more recovery time n most importantly I felt that d5 had a higher success rate coz they transfer the stronger n surviving embryos.
Check with the embroyologist. They would be in the best position to advise u.
Kay,

That is a good suggestion. Hopefully things become clearer tomorrow at day 3. But i suspect the embryologists may give me a politically correct answer as Day 4 is a Sunday. They may not want to commit to a recommendation which may carry the risk of embbies perishing on a day with no option of a transfer for me...

But i will ask any way and see what they say.

indeed buzy!! My er your et n noon review rachelt. He was at clinic d. He spoke to me before er.

Now praying hard follies grow really well . Wish u all the best sparkles.

Portia its a dilemma indeed hor. Every step challenging. So tomorrow or mon et depends on their call tomorrow is it. When can I expect embriologist to call me on the grade ar. Or they don't.

Am still bleeding n in pain. Hope to recover by et.
Mesara,

I will have to prepare for ET and make a trip down. They wun call.

I guess cultivating embbies is both a science and an art. Each embryologist will have different views from each other. Just have to look at the practice of the embryologists in the different hospitals. KKH more or less advocates day2 while the other hospital does day 3 or 5. Dr loh personally push for day 2 unless patients request for longer cultivation....sigh... it is really a tough decision.

You keep observing yr bleeding. If it is still painful snd flowing none stop, better go to the A&E.

I m not sure kkh has any guidelines but for pte ivf centre, they will only do blasto if there are more than 6by d2/3 embeddies if not they usually dun take the risk to blasto as may end up none at d5..

Portia did u go acu after er. How many times. Will u continue tsb herbs during tww. I really wish my tcm in to help me this weekend. Bleeding is subsiding but its still painful at abdomen. Has yr pain stopped? Am confused if I shud go tcm these 2 days n whether will be lucky to get appt.

Lainelaine previous cycle with nuh under prof I had 6 foliicles.on left and 6 on right btw 18-20mm. Prog retrieved only 6 from left. Right never touch cozz he said ovary high n got cysts. Out of 6 follicles 4 matured and 3 fertilized.

I m not sure kkh has any guidelines but for pte ivf centre, they will only do blasto if there are more than 6by d2/3 embeddies if not they usually dun take the risk to blasto as may end up none at d5..

Dr S told me that we can only try for blastocysts if we have at least 4 good embbies. I suppose 'good' may refer to at least grade 4? Anyone doing ivf in kk can verify?

Portia , what's the unit of your amh level? is it pmol/L? So envy u have so many eggs. What did TSB said abt ur pulse? When u need to take her herbs and see her again ?

Portia did u go acu after er. How many times. Will u continue tsb herbs during tww. I really wish my tcm in to help me this weekend. Bleeding is subsiding but its still painful at abdomen. Has yr pain stopped? Am confused if I shud go tcm these 2 days n whether will be lucky to get appt.

Lainelaine previous cycle with nuh under prof I had 6 foliicles.on left and 6 on right btw 18-20mm. Prog retrieved only 6 from left. Right never touch cozz he said ovary high n got cysts. Out of 6 follicles 4 matured and 3 fertilized.
Hi mesara, glad that yr bleeding is subsiding. My bloatedness subsided on the same night as my ER. I was perfectly fine on the very next day. Remember to take loads of protein like egg whites and fish if u have no immunocal.

I went for acupuncture daily after my ER. Will be going again tomorrow regardless if i did my ET.

I saw TSB this afternoon. Will be taking her herbs after my ET. It is suppose to be 安胎药and she dun expect me to take even any herbal soup while drinking herb herbs.... she gave me enuf for 2ww and ask me to walk in for consultation if i BFP after that.

Portia , what's the unit of your amh level? is it pmol/L? So envy u have so many eggs. What did TSB said abt ur pulse? When u need to take her herbs and see her again ?
Nervous_babe,

My amh is 2.9. Dun be envious of me. Quantity is not enuf. You will want quality too. I still need to find out how my other 5 embbies turn out tomorrow to have a better indication by judging on the appearance/ grading...

TSB did not say anything about my pulse. Guess i was too absorb in answering her questions on my retrieval and status of my embbies...

I will start her herbs on the day after my ET and walk in if I BFP. Otherwise (touchwood!!) , i will see her in early June.

Are you seeing her as well?

Yes I didn't take her herbs in my last failed cycle so this time round she asked me to try her herbs in 2ww in my coming cycle. Can I know the unit of ur amh? How frequent u go for acu during ur stim? Gd luck for ur ET be it d3 or d5, as long is a bfp.

Yes I didn't take her herbs in my last failed cycle so this time round she asked me to try her herbs in 2ww in my coming cycle. Can I know the unit of ur amh? How frequent u go for acu during ur stim? Gd luck for ur ET be it d3 or d5, as long is a bfp.

Thanks for the well wishes. I need all the luck and support right now.

I din see any tcm too in my first failed cycle in Jan. Only started in feb after failing. My AMH is 2.9

I go for acupuncture twice a wek with Dr Zou in AMK since Feb too. During stimulation, i went more frequently after the second scan reveals that i had only 6.8 triple on day 7 of stimulation (last Friday). I went daily except ER on this wednesday this week... so from last saturday till today, i have gone for 6 times. I will go again tomorrow.

Ladies,

Anyone of you taking Royal Jelly? Did you stop or intend to stop after ET?

I read from different websites and found different opinions. Some say to stop cos it helps with estrogen production. Others claim that there is no harm in continuing.

Ladies,

Anyone of you taking Royal Jelly? Did you stop or intend to stop after ET?

I read from different websites and found different opinions. Some say to stop cos it helps with estrogen production. Others claim that there is no harm in continuing.

I stop royal jelly after my et. Royal jelly suppose to help in making egg quality better. Don't know got facts anot but I eat for 1 - 2mths before my fet cause I hope can improve my quality maybe who knows can strike naturally haha. Anyway me and dh got try naturally even during scanning and before transfer day to increase the chances of conception. Don't know got help maybe my twinnies one is from blast one is natural or maybe both are blasts. Hehe just increase all the chances for a bfp.

Portia: so with the case of degeneration we would rather not take the chance n let it denegerate in the lab than denegerate in our body .. If it is a not so good embryo, it will not turn good. But a good embryo may also die in lab. Note that a good embryo is a good embryo that should survive, barring other external factors

I did day 3 for both fresh n fet. The two BL I did today were actually kiv-ed for monitoring last year .. They turned to day 5 n 6 BL after fertilisation then frozen. From what I understand Kkh practises thawing n et on the same day, and not thawing to cultivate to BL as it is very risky

Portia: so with the case of degeneration we would rather not take the chance n let it denegerate in the lab than denegerate in our body .. If it is a not so good embryo, it will not turn good. But a good embryo may also die in lab. Note that a good embryo is a good embryo that should survive, barring other external factors

I did day 3 for both fresh n fet. The two BL I did today were actually kiv-ed for monitoring last year .. They turned to day 5 n 6 BL after fertilisation then frozen. From what I understand Kkh practises thawing n et on the same day, and not thawing to cultivate to BL as it is very risky

Looking positive babe, 2BL transferred :) all the best and hope to hear your gd news after tww :)

Kay,

That is a good suggestion. Hopefully things become clearer tomorrow at day 3. But i suspect the embryologists may give me a politically correct answer as Day 4 is a Sunday. They may not want to commit to a recommendation which may carry the risk of embbies perishing on a day with no option of a transfer for me...

But i will ask any way and see what they say.

My gf was supposed to do d2 transfer. But cant, coz of ohss, dr loh (when he was still in kkh), proposed d5 transfer since my gf did not want to abort n do FET later. On d4, which happened to b a sunday, she received a call n was instructed to go down for ET per dr loh's instructions as her embryos were taking turn to die. Dr loh was worried tt she will hv none to transfer on d5.

His nurse opened the kkivf door for her on a Sunday n assisted him w the ET. That's dr loh.. a v good man and workaholic. I dun think any drs now at kkivf will do the same. Fyi, her twin girl n boy from that ET turn 4 this year.

Last edited:

Ur pain most likely not totally due to the cysts. Ur ovaries hv been poked 16x to retrieve 16 eggs! OUCH!

Portia Dr zou can walk in or appt. Address n number pls. Feel safer with acu.

I just took immunocal. But is difficult to dissolve. I put in shaker with ensure milk but like thick.powder le. Whats best way to take immunocal.

My tummy is atill v pain tho bleedinf almoat stop. When urine super duper pain in abdomen man.

Portia Dr zou can walk in or appt. Address n number pls. Feel safer with acu.

I just took immunocal. But is difficult to dissolve. I put in shaker with ensure milk but like thick.powder le. Whats best way to take immunocal.

My tummy is atill v pain tho bleedinf almoat stop. When urine super duper pain in abdomen man.
Mesara,

You can try walking in though she takes appt. Address, contact and map can be found here.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/businessfinder/company_detail.php?companyid=148883&branchid=109627

I use a shaker for immunocal too. The trick is put a layer of ensure milk at bottom then add immunocal follow by another layer of ensure milk. Add water gently so that immunocal do not float. Then shake for a minute or two. Let it stand for a minute for bubbles to go down. Drink up.

Can dr zou speak English? Will u stop acu after et portia? Will also call tsb for appt for herbs. How much for 4 weeks?? Immunocal onca a day ok is it??

Can dr zou speak English? Will u stop acu after et portia? Will also call tsb for appt for herbs. How much for 4 weeks?? Immunocal onca a day ok is it??

Dr zou can speaks Chinese and english but Chinese confirm better for her. Not to worry much she is able to communicate through. After et usually she advise her patient to do 3x more acu only. Best is after your et straight go do one time then u can rest the next day and go for the other 2x after the rest day. I transfer on a sat back then and did a acu on sat itself then sun rest and Mon tue acu the other 2x. :) she is closed on wed.

I stop royal jelly after my et. Royal jelly suppose to help in making egg quality better. Don't know got facts anot but I eat for 1 - 2mths before my fet cause I hope can improve my quality maybe who knows can strike naturally haha. Anyway me and dh got try naturally even during scanning and before transfer day to increase the chances of conception. Don't know got help maybe my twinnies one is from blast one is natural or maybe both are blasts. Hehe just increase all the chances for a bfp.

I also stopped taking today. Did you take CQ10 as well? I read on the label that pregnant woman shld seek doctor's advice in order to take. Am thinking of stopping. Anyone here has any views on this?

My gf was supposed to do d2 transfer. But cant, coz of ohss, dr loh (when he was still in kkh), proposed d5 transfer since my gf did not want to abort n do FET later. On d4, which happened to b a sunday, she received a call n was instructed to go down for ET per dr loh's instructions as her embryos were taking turn to die. Dr loh was worried tt she will hv none to transfer on d5.

His nurse opened the kkivf door for her on a Sunday n assisted him w the ET. That's dr loh.. a v good man and workaholic. I dun think any drs now at kkivf will do the same. Fyi, her twin girl n boy from that ET turn 4 this year.
Yep, Jklim. I think you shared this previously too. Now that he is no longer here, we cannot expect the new management to be like him.

Hi ladies,

An update from me on the status of my embbies and decision for transfer.

l did my transfer this morning. God made the decision for me. The five that were cleaving yesterday had 2 fall outs. 1 confirmedan useable and a grade 2 that does we have a healthy nucleus. 1 is still cleaving and cannot be graded yet. 1grew into a grade 4 while the other grew into a grade 3. In total, my embbies status stands at:

4 grade 4
2 grade 3
1 cleaving (to be kept for observation)

1 transferred 2 grade 4 embbies with 9 cells and 8 cells respectively. The cleaving one will be kept under observation to see how it develops. It may be grown till a blastocyst before being frozen. Now, I am technically pregnant. Going for my acupuncture next followed by church!

Yes Portia pregnant until proven otherwise. Take care n all the best dear.

Am worried abt my eggies. Wonder hw many made it n hows the quality. My tummy is better but still abdomen pain is there. Hope I can recover by Monday for et. Yours day 3 transfer right? Is mine considered day 3 too?

R u continuing tsb herbs in tww gal?? I tried calling dr zou. Cant get thru. Goes to fax. Wat are her acu points pls.

Ok I got thru the line. They said v crowded come back after 12pm.

Iwantahealthybaby did u take dr zou herbs n till when pls.

Yes Portia pregnant until proven otherwise. Take care n all the best dear.

Am worried abt my eggies. Wonder hw many made it n hows the quality. My tummy is better but still abdomen pain is there. Hope I can recover by Monday for et. Yours day 3 transfer right? Is mine considered day 3 too?

R u continuing tsb herbs in tww gal?? I tried calling dr zou. Cant get thru. Goes to fax. Wat are her acu points pls.
Mesara,

Dun worry. Yours also considered day 3 on monday.

I will be taking tsb's herb starting tmr. Dr zou got many patient now. Dun bother calling. U better come quick. I give u my number cos i was given priority. Will be here for next 30 min.

Ladies.. Did any of your doctors prescribe Vit E for your hubbies? And are your hubbies taking any supplement to boost their sperm quality?

Yup.. Dr Tan prescribe Vit E for hubby.. Hubby used to take zinc, vit e and something else which I can't remember.. Lol

Last edited:

Back