IVF/ICSI Support Group

@portia , will acupuncture help in implant?
Do we need to make appt with tsb? Does she open on weekends?
According to Dr Zou, it will help the embbies to implant after transfer and help reduce bloatedness.

I am suppose to go for it on the same day after ET and on alternate days thereafter for up to 3 timed.

Hi ladies,

An update on my status. I had my ER on Wednesday:

21 retrieved; 6 not useable
4 used for natural fertilisation = unsuccessful
11 used for ICSI, 9 fertilised
5 still cleaving today and hence cannot be graded yet
3 grade 4 and 1 grade 3

I am waiting fof tomorrow to find out the status of the 5 that are still cleaving today (at day2).

Depending on the total results of my embbies tomorrow, i may do a Day 3 transfer of culture all to day 5 blastocyst on Monday.

Dr told me that if i decide to go for blastocysts, i may end up with only a third of my embbies as the rest may deteriote betwen day 3 and 4. This is a game of the fittest survive....

Hi ladies,

An update on my status. I had my ER on Wednesday:

21 retrieved; 6 not useable
4 used for natural fertilisation = unsuccessful
11 used for ICSI, 9 fertilised
5 still cleaving today and hence cannot be graded yet
3 grade 4 and 1 grade 3

I am waiting fof tomorrow to find out the status of the 5 that are still cleaving today (at day2).

Depending on the total results of my embbies tomorrow, i may do a Day 3 transfer of culture all to day 5 blastocyst on Monday.

Dr told me that if i decide to go for blastocysts, i may end up with only a third of my embbies as the rest may deteriote betwen day 3 and 4. This is a game of the fittest survive....

yes survival of the fittest. but now kkh change abit of their procedure? i remember back in dec last year when i had my er they didn ask me to come back for status report. they straight away tell me do day 5 transfer after my er but the nurse did ask me standby at d3 and d4 if by 9.30am i no receive any calls from them means i dont need rush down to do transfer. and from my er to et i didn receive any calls from them too to hear about my eggs grade. me retrieve 34 and 26 fertilised using icsi (they didn even try to do natural fertilisation, they just do all icsi, reason embrologist give is i try iui twice so they just want to increase the chances of fertilsation) but at d5 only left 10 so during that few days 16 "died"....but if those survived, u know they are really the "fittest" :)

yes survival of the fittest. but now kkh change abit of their procedure? i remember back in dec last year when i had my er they didn ask me to come back for status report. they straight away tell me do day 5 transfer after my er but the nurse did ask me standby at d3 and d4 if by 9.30am i no receive any calls from them means i dont need rush down to do transfer. and from my er to et i didn receive any calls from them too to hear about my eggs grade. me retrieve 34 and 26 fertilised using icsi (they didn even try to do natural fertilisation, they just do all icsi, reason embrologist give is i try iui twice so they just want to increase the chances of fertilsation) but at d5 only left 10 so during that few days 16 "died"....but if those survived, u know they are really the "fittest" :)
Iwantahealthybaby,

I never had iui done before. Perhaps that explain why they try natural fertilisation for me. I also guess because you had a lot more oocytes than me and hence a higher chance of getting a good number of embbies making to day 5.

Also, i suppose yr day 3 and 4 are both working days for kk. My day 4 is Sunday and kkivf does not do any procedure on that day. Hence that's probably why my procedure is different from yours.

Now i am praying very hard and crossing my fingers that the 5 embbies that are cleaving will develop into good grade ones tomorrow and the current 4 will continue to grow well and improve on their gradings. It will help me in my decision tomorrow for either a day 3 or day5 transfer.

U can go shopping or wang cafe drink kopi eat mee siam. For sms service to let u know it is your turn soon...
I makan liao lor.. Arrived at 12:45pm register first.. Den go makan.. Here nothing to shop.. Boring one.. Watch drama ba.. My hubby surfing net on mobile.. Lol..

Ok er done. Retrieved 16 darlings. I am supposed to come for et monday morning. I really bleed alot after er. Stood up blood trilling down legs. Think dr tan went thru cysts on right to get the eggs. Am glad he did so.

Now praying that quality is good and have blastocysts for transfer.

Iwantahealthybaby think kk same lem told me come mondat for d3. They will call me if anything change.

My tcm on leave till Monday. Dont knw is I shud visit other tcm till et. Portia who n where is your tcm ar. Can walk in??

Now praying that quality is good and have blastocysts for transfer.

Iwantahealthybaby think kk same lem told me come mondat for d3. They will call me if anything change.
Mesara,

Glad all went well for you.

Now i am in a dilemma. Although i technically have 9 embbies (with 5 unknown development as of now), i am still very cautious. Even if i manage to get a fair number of good grades (say grade 4) of embbies tomorrow, i dunno if i shld risk cultivating to days 5.

Dr S say that only 1/3 of the embbies will make it to day 5 actually. I may be left with nothing to freeze if i go for it.

I check with Dr loh over email. He is telling me to do day 3 transfers as he feels that cultivating to blastocysts cause a lot of 'wastage'. But he also acknowledge that blastocysts does have a higher chance of success...

So sisters here, what would u do if u are in my shoes? Your views are much appreciated.

I am on my way to TSB now. She goes by appt. Tough to walk in.

My other TCM is Dr Zou for acupuncture. She will br back tmr. Am seeing her after kk in the morning.

Done with Dr Tan.. Now at KKIVF for briefing.. One hour wait for Dr Tan.. Still Ok.. Confirm June cycle.. Who'll be my cycle buddy

Now at pharmacy.. So crowded.. Scary.. Lol..

AMH @ 5.4..
Short protocol..
Briefing 22 May @ 9:45am..

Dr Tan is happy with my results.. Based on my age I'm considered good.. Thank God.. And he encourages us to pray hard and try harder TTC-ing for this one month..

Now at pharmacy.. So crowded.. Scary.. Lol..

AMH @ 5.4..
Short protocol..
Briefing 22 May @ 9:45am..

Dr Tan is happy with my results.. Based on my age I'm considered good.. Thank God.. And he encourages us to pray hard and try harder TTC-ing for this one month..

Your AMH is really high... sorry to ask this but is it beyond the normal range?

Mesara,

Glad all went well for you.

Now i am in a dilemma. Although i technically have 9 embbies (with 5 unknown development as of now), i am still very cautious. Even if i manage to get a fair number of good grades (say grade 4) of embbies tomorrow, i dunno if i shld risk cultivating to days 5.

Dr S say that only 1/3 of the embbies will make it to day 5 actually. I may be left with nothing to freeze if i go for it.

I check with Dr loh over email. He is telling me to do day 3 transfers as he feels that cultivating to blastocysts cause a lot of 'wastage'. But he also acknowledge that blastocysts does have a higher chance of success...

So sisters here, what would u do if u are in my shoes? Your views are much appreciated.

Do d3 transfer. Dont waste ur embyros. If the embyros is gd, be it d3 or d5, it will make it. It also eliminates the risk of embyro dying off in man made environment vs ur womb. It has not been proven that conditions in man madr environment r similar to our womb fyi.

Portia I also suggest day 3. What do u mean by embryo cleaving?
Hi jumbo gal,

Cleaving means it is still in the midst of dividing into multiple cells.

Can share why u suggest day 3 transfer? I just want to see if the reasons by all sisters here coincide with ours.

Your AMH is really high... sorry to ask this but is it beyond the normal range?
I was reading up.. The higher the AMH, the lower the chance of cancellation, higher chance of live birth, etc.. Ladies below 35 with high AMH could mean a PCOS case but I have very regular menses cycle of 27 days.. So I guess it's good for my case cos Dr Tan cnfm my cycle with me before he smiles and says it's good..

Do d3 transfer. Dont waste ur embyros. If the embyros is gd, be it d3 or d5, it will make it. It also eliminates the risk of embyro dying off in man made environment vs ur womb. It has not been proven that conditions in man madr environment r similar to our womb fyi.
Thanks, Jklim.

This is one of our thots too... definitely an important factor when deciding between day 3 or 5.

Ladies.. Regarding transfer to TPS for Dr Tan.. He says can.. No problem at all.. Just tell the counter wanna change.. But for my case.. I won't see him till ER day.. And after that I can go TPS..

Portia when I talk to the embryologist he told me that the womb environment is indeed better than the lab. Mentally we feel more positive transferring day 3. Imagine the agony of waiting till day 5 n on day 4 they called u to come down for early transfer cos embryo dying off one by one. You will feel devastated n negative thoughts will come to your mind.
Unless you are very sure your embryos are good and dr suggest day 5. It really depends on how you look at it.

Ivf is already a very expensive and invasive journey so we would want to do our best to have them develop in our womb as much as possible. Say If we have good quality day 3 embryos that will make us bfp it will be wasted to subject them in a lab that has a risk of causing the embryos an early death. Why put them in such a risk when we can eliminate such risk in our womb ? At least if it is in our womb we have no other causes for worry or second guesses cos it's Mother Nature
Hi baby_sparkles,

Seems like u share the same thots with Jklim too... i agree with this school of thots but I was also told that the usual degeneration happen between day 3 and 4 if the quality of the embryo isn't good.

At this moment, the judgement of an embryo's quality is based on appearance. There is no guarantee that my grade 4 embbies will not degenerate by tomorrow or at day 4. Hence the next school of thots that only the fittest embbie will survive till day 5...

Right now, i am still sitting on the fence...

Sisters, keep those opinions coming. It is a good way to sort out a difficult decision. Thanks in advance!

Rachel: done. two expanding BL n lining is good

Don't wan to be over confident so I have to manage my expectations n pray becos of my past history .. Got a bit of phobia
Baby_sparkles,

Did you freeze them at day 2 or 3 and then thaw them to grow to day 5 for your frozen? Or were the blastocysts frozen at day 5 from fresh cycle previously?

Portia when I talk to the embryologist he told me that the womb environment is indeed better than the lab. Mentally we feel more positive transferring day 3. Imagine the agony of waiting till day 5 n on day 4 they called u to come down for early transfer cos embryo dying off one by one. You will feel devastated n negative thoughts will come to your mind.
Unless you are very sure your embryos are good and dr suggest day 5. It really depends on how you look at it.
Hi, jumbo gal.

Now that u mentioned it, i suddenly remember what the embryologist, Chong, told us when we did our first fresh cycle in Jan. He ssid thd same thing when i asked why KK always do day2 instead of day 3 transfer.

You also brot up a valid reason of mental stress in waiting for the cultivation till day 5. I will be subjected to it quite a bit since this Sunday is day 4 and kk is close! I won't even have the chance to do a day 4 transfer if all my embbies start to perish one by one!!!

Thanks for the very good point!

Hello sisters here,

Anyone in their 2ww? I just did my et on tues and only fri today...but feeling backpain and my left right ovaries seem to be bursting.
I know now all symtoms could be side effect fr the progestrone insert? I realised early in the morning, I feel normal, only during the day and night then I dun feel too good.

I never ask if its a day 2 or 3 transfer. I am with KKH btw. When will implantation occurs if I did a FET on tues? Only 3 days past ET.

Back