IUI/SO-IUI/IVF.. LET'S SHARE AND BFP TOGETHER!!!

My letrozole cycle failed as well. Got my periods...im so heartbrokeen..i have to move.on SO IUI... what is the procedure??

Hi all

How is your 2ww coming along? The weather has been hotter lately so please take care!

I was at KKIVF yesterday for my scan and it's not looking good. My wall is triple lining but only at 7mm. Biggest follicle is 10mm. Doctor has doubled my purgegon to 150iui. I asked him point blank if there's still hope for this cycle and he hesitated a while before answering in the affirmative. Today is CD12.

I've told hubby not to tell people we are doing this. The first time we did it, we shared with our friends as I felt it should not be something to be ashamed of. But after we got our negative, I realized that people can't really empathize or understand so the only people who should know are those involved. Am not even updating my in-laws as I do not want them to worry.

Just did my jab and sitting here feeling a little sorry for myself, and feeling bad too because there are BIGGER problems out there than me not being able to conceive naturally. Could also be because it's back to work tomorrow.

Take care, Ladies, and please keep us updated! This forum is my only solace as only you girls understand what I'm going through.
I totally agree with u jemma....no one will understand unless they went through the same things like us...i kept it from people...only my mum sis n mil knows....mil knows cuz she kept pushing n rushing us until one day i buay tahan n told her it's her son's condition ...then after knowing that, she keeps hinting me to go for iui/ivf (of cuz she doesn't know the exact terms,n of course we decided to do it before she even suggested)

N i agree actually nothing to b ashamed of, instead i really feel that iui/ivf mummies went through so much more hardships than conceive naturally mummies ....i mean the stress,the cost , the jabs, the tests,scans ,time , diet etc etc but ppl just dun understd unless they go through it

Dont feel sorry for yourself because we r all very lucky today! To have such technology to help us :) ppl from many years ago who cant conceive means cant conceive liao...at least we r working hard towards our goal now n we all have hope!

So let's all jia you ok!

My letrozole cycle failed as well. Got my periods...im so heartbrokeen..i have to move.on SO IUI... what is the procedure??
Sha call ur gynae make appointment...cuz medication starts day2 menses for me...diff doc practises differently...u call n check ya...dun b sad jia you!

Yea
I can understand , you need to be strong n keep yourself together , cannot fall apart
I also feel terrible n the worse is going to work tomorrow , I wish I cud hide myself some where :(
I went to Gurudwara ( Sikh temple )tdy morning wif daughter
May God give all of us strength to face what ever is in store for us
Just take it as pass time at work....good thing u have daughter to accompany u... Hopefully ur prayers n ours r answered, she can have a sibling soon

Hi all

New to thread and good to see the support here.

I'm going through my first SO -IUI and today is D12.. So far have not been going too well as my follicles are not growing much. :( they have already increased my injection dosage to 100 for the past 3 days and doc said to try 2 more days. Will scan again in day14.

I saw that the form is till day15, just wondering if that is the maximum Timeline before IUI? If day14 still follicles not big enough means we have to abort this procedure?

@jemma, im with u on the bloatedness! I feel like burping or puking but I can't! So this meds make u feel lethargic?? That explains it! I thought I have just been tired and lazy!

Hope everyone has a smooth TTC journey..

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread... and i'm glad that I can seek support from this support...

I've gone thru my 2nd IUI on 13rd Feb (cd14) @ CHR, NUH. My 1st IUI didn't make it... :(
On cd12, I went for my day 12 scan, follicle size 17.5mm, lining 6mm on my right ovary..my left tube is blocked.... Trigger on cd12 evening...
During IUI, doc told me tht my follicle is in irregular shape... but my lining is 9mm...
After the procedure, I've tried to probe further, by asking the doc what do he mean by irregular shape.. he told me i'm ovulating, therefore no measurement is required as the follicle will be shrinking in size......

Have anyone encounter this before??
Today is CD18, my bbt dropped this morning.. (36.47).... I have bad feeling abt it.... :(

Welcome kinetics n kcpc to the forum! Jia you Shasha! I m oso v scare but just bear with it !! Or u can use ice to numb that area first then alcohol swap before u jab :)

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread... and i'm glad that I can seek support from this support...

I've gone thru my 2nd IUI on 13rd Feb (cd14) @ CHR, NUH. My 1st IUI didn't make it... :(
On cd12, I went for my day 12 scan, follicle size 17.5mm, lining 6mm on my right ovary..my left tube is blocked.... Trigger on cd12 evening...
During IUI, doc told me tht my follicle is in irregular shape... but my lining is 9mm...
After the procedure, I've tried to probe further, by asking the doc what do he mean by irregular shape.. he told me i'm ovulating, therefore no measurement is required as the follicle will be shrinking in size......

Have anyone encounter this before??
Today is CD18, my bbt dropped this morning.. (36.47).... I have bad feeling abt it.... :(
Jia you kcpc

Hi. Please check whether we need to go for consultation for iui? I have doc appt to review test result on 15 mar? My menses usually come 20 mar? Does tat mean i can go for tat mth?

Hi all, how are you all doing? One more week for my BT. So anxious as usual.o_O No symptoms. And i dont dare to use HPT and get disappointed. Hope i can sprinkle baby dust here soon. Who else on 2ww now?

Hi,

I'm new in here.. I did my IVF @ KKH in Aug~Sep 2011 but was failed. I been stop till now would like to try again in IVF.
Would like to know the price like in TMC as what I know is quite EX in there.
Is it good in TMC or Should I go back to KKH?

Me, Sonia, ribbonz, jemma ? Did i miss anyone else out ?
I know right i m super nervous oso....sigh.... My BT next week too... I dont have any symptoms as well...The other day i carried my nephew (4years old) n got paranoid cause they said shdnt carry heavy stuffs during tww....ahhh really hor getting paranoid here n there

Hi all, how are you all doing? One more week for my BT. So anxious as usual.o_O No symptoms. And i dont dare to use HPT and get disappointed. Hope i can sprinkle baby dust here soon. Who else on 2ww now?

I know right i m super nervous oso....sigh.... My BT next week too... I dont have any symptoms as well...The other day i carried my nephew (4years old) n got paranoid cause they said shdnt carry heavy stuffs during tww....ahhh really hor getting paranoid here n there
Hi everybody how r u all doing
I am nt good
And bad days at work too
Uff this 2ww is really tough
Wish you all good luck

Hi blisswifu, you are not alone...I also no symptoms as yet. Dunno what to expect also since I'm on duphaston. Anything I feel could very well be my own imagination or the hormones. Sigh... The only thing is to wait patiently. Sometimes I wish there'll be a miracle and it'll be positive. But mostly i feel quite resigned. I dunno why is it so difficult for 1 in millions sperm to fertilize the egg. I really envy those who get pregnant on first try...or after a few tries on their own. The road to motherhood seems so bleak at times and I dunno how to look at it positively anymore. Just trying my best to not think too much and still hope for the best.

Hi @kin-etic

How's everything going? I'm facing same issue as you. Follicles damn stubborn, increased dosage to 150iu, biggest one is 14mm and I started ovulating today so boh pien, I gotta do IUI tomorrow. I would have loved to get my follies to grow bigger. Even the nurse said its a long shot but a miracle may happen.

So my 2ww starts tomorrow, one week after most of the ladies here. Not pinning so much hope though, so have already made another appointment with gynae to discuss IVF.

Keep your spirits up, ladies! Getting a bfp is like striking lottery for us!

Hi @kin-etic

How's everything going? I'm facing same issue as you. Follicles damn stubborn, increased dosage to 150iu, biggest one is 14mm and I started ovulating today so boh pien, I gotta do IUI tomorrow. I would have loved to get my follies to grow bigger. Even the nurse said its a long shot but a miracle may happen.

So my 2ww starts tomorrow, one week after most of the ladies here. Not pinning so much hope though, so have already made another appointment with gynae to discuss IVF.

Good luck for your iui Jemma

Hi @kin-etic

Hi @jemma

Yesterday scanned, and grew from 9.5 to 11.5 and another from 7 to 9.5. 1 or 2 others grew a bit.. One side just stopped growing since a few days ago it seems.. :(

Dosage increased to 125 and will see doc tmrw again...

Sorry can I ask, is ovulation depending on the medicine or it just happens? What is the ideal size of the follicles?

All the best for your IUI today!! Hope everything goes well!

I guess I will be starting my ivf soon...

Spotting last night and some red spotting this morning... now bad cramps... hate the cramp...

Waiting for it to come full before i can call kkh...

Hi blisswifu, you are not alone...I also no symptoms as yet. Dunno what to expect also since I'm on duphaston. Anything I feel could very well be my own imagination or the hormones. Sigh... The only thing is to wait patiently. Sometimes I wish there'll be a miracle and it'll be positive. But mostly i feel quite resigned. I dunno why is it so difficult for 1 in millions sperm to fertilize the egg. I really envy those who get pregnant on first try...or after a few tries on their own. The road to motherhood seems so bleak at times and I dunno how to look at it positively anymore. Just trying my best to not think too much and still hope for the best.
I think it will always cross our mind why ppl get preg naturally so easily...sigh... Stay positive! Good thing is that we have technology to help us now :) at least we can have children! Better than no hope!! :)

Hi @kin-etic

Jia you! Hoped your follicles still make it to meet the swimmers! :) welcome to tww!

Thanks @blisswifu

I doubt the cramp will goes off soon... Just endure...

Oh ya, full flow means comes alot till it soak the whole pad is it?

It doesnt really stain on my pad but when i wipe it, it shows on my toilet papers...

girls, looks like I'm pretty much out this round. in addition to my one one small sole follicle, my husband's sperm was very very substandard this time around. he has been super stressed at work.

the nurse asked me if I still wanna go ahead cos chances are almost zero and I said why not. since I've come so far.

sigh. couldn't help but cry a little during the procedure, which is deemed futile.

anyway, I'll be back in the game soon and I'll be watching for your updates! will just use today to mope in self-pity.

Yes meiling u r right...means full blast, on pad or when shower....if just wipes, is spotting not considered!
Thanks @blisswifu

I doubt the cramp will goes off soon... Just endure...

Oh ya, full flow means comes alot till it soak the whole pad is it?

It doesnt really stain on my pad but when i wipe it, it shows on my toilet papers...

girls, looks like I'm pretty much out this round. in addition to my one one small sole follicle, my husband's sperm was very very substandard this time around. he has been super stressed at work.

the nurse asked me if I still wanna go ahead cos chances are almost zero and I said why not. since I've come so far.

sigh. couldn't help but cry a little during the procedure, which is deemed futile.

anyway, I'll be back in the game soon and I'll be watching for your updates! will just use today to mope in self-pity.
Cry n let it out, we all been through that....can understand....hoped to see u back soon...we r waiting for u to b back..! Fighting!!

I called up KKH,

They told me if is fresh red blood, it can be consider as CD1. So they asked me to go down tomorrow morning... and told me waiting time is 4hrs?!?

Hugs Jemma. If you are meant to concieve even if follicle and sperm not optimal, you will. Dnt lose hope yet.

I called up KKH,

They told me if is fresh red blood, it can be consider as CD1. So they asked me to go down tomorrow morning... and told me waiting time is 4hrs?!?
All the best meilingg! Yup aftrr u take q no for scan it will take 30mins to an hr depending on crowd. Then wait for the same number for review. Since cd 2 , I think reception will advise you then you need to buy medicines, where you need to take another q no at the pharmacy then back to kkivf centre for the nurse to teach you how to inject. Another q no for this.

All the best meilingg! Yup aftrr u take q no for scan it will take 30mins to an hr depending on crowd. Then wait for the same number for review. Since cd 2 , I think reception will advise you then you need to buy medicines, where you need to take another q no at the pharmacy then back to kkivf centre for the nurse to teach you how to inject. Another q no for this.

Thanks @aquamarine10 !

So means it will takes quite long for the whole procedure?

I was told tomorrow is a super crowded day... i guess cos is friday...

I'm excited but nervous too... the self injection makes me nervous haha!

What scan will they be doing tomorrow?

meilingg its super super super crowded at kkivf lately. think is cause everybody is rushing to start after the dec closure of ivf centre and followed by cny period. aquamarine is right, take que for scan 30-45mins, after scan see doc another 30-45mins, then go pharmacy another 30-45mins then go back ivf centre again for nurse instructions maybe another 30mins. the 30-45mins range probably is the shortest waiting time.

Thanks @aquamarine10 !

So means it will takes quite long for the whole procedure?

I was told tomorrow is a super crowded day... i guess cos is friday...

I'm excited but nervous too... the self injection makes me nervous haha!

What scan will they be doing tomorrow?
Maybe there wnt be any scan. Which q no did the nurse ask u to press? My 1st iui cd2 no scan. Just collect the medicines, nurse briefed me and thats all. My 2nd iui cd2 went for scan. Maybe they want to confirm the state of the uterus before they start medications. Assuming some people could be pregnant and having menses.

The nurse asked me to press Q1 tomorrow...

Think i got to bring a book and keep myself entertain over there...

Hi ladies,
I m planning to do IUI. Which doctor & hospital do u recommend? Currently seeing Dr Yu Su Ling at SGH.
Pls advise.
Thanks.

Last edited:
The nurse asked me to press Q1 tomorrow...

Think i got to bring a book and keep myself entertain over there...
I usually reach before 8am and will leave at about 10+. When I reach at about 7:45am, I'm usually queue number 11. Scans starts at 8am, and docs start consultation at about 9am.

Yes, bring a book and make sure your phone is charged! They have a TV there but it loops and the programmes are not entertaining. It was damn crowded in Monday because they had backlog from Saturday.

Also, wear a panty liner or bring wet wipes with you into the room as they use a lot of lube for the scanning.

Good luck!

@Kate08 if you are already comfortable with your gynae, then by all means, stick to her. Also, stick to a govt hospital if you want this covered under Medisave. Although I have heard very commendable things about Dr loh in Thomson! but many women go to him and his waiting time is very long!

@jemma thanks for the tips!

I guess i will go around before 8 too~ since my hubby dropping me before going to work.

Panty liner i think don't need since now already heavy flow?

Is it the same as the cervix ultrascan? How does the scanning works?

@jemma thanks for the tips!

I guess i will go around before 8 too~ since my hubby dropping me before going to work.

Panty liner i think don't need since now already heavy flow?

Is it the same as the cervix ultrascan? How does the scanning works?

Hey that's weird that they want to scan you during your period. Did the nurse misinform you? When my period comes and I'm there for the counseling and to collect medicine, I think I press Q number 4. The Q1 is only for women whose follies growth they want to scan.

Anyway, just double check tmro? No point pressing wrong queue number and waiting for nothing.

I just checked on the form stated the stages. It shows start of menses call kkivf, D2 or 3, scan.

Tomorrow i will check again with them thou...

Hey that's weird that they want to scan you during your period. Did the nurse misinform you? When my period comes and I'm there for the counseling and to collect medicine, I think I press Q number 4. The Q1 is only for women whose follies growth they want to scan.

Anyway, just double check tmro? No point pressing wrong queue number and waiting for nothing.
Yes they will scan even when having menses. On cd2 scan I asked the sonographer.. isit going to be messy?? Haha. And she assured me "dnt worry. We do this all the time". Silly me.lol.

Back