IUI/SO-IUI/IVF.. LET'S SHARE AND BFP TOGETHER!!!

I don't know. Before iui, i had the pulling feel too. Guess similar to whwt u describe. But my BT still long.. and is only 8 days. No brown discharge, hence I don't think is positive yet.

All the best to your BT. Best to have good news with the cny, double happiness! Jia you!

Thanks. I am also hoping to have double celebration since my BT is just before CNY.
I can fully understand the anxiety of those who have to go thru the 2ww.

Hi ladies, can anyone who did iui share with me on which day u all did ur iui? Coz today was my day 15, follicles still small.. Quite worried..

Hi ladies, can anyone who did iui share with me on which day u all did ur iui? Coz today was my day 15, follicles still small.. Quite worried..
the doc would check the size of the follicles first to determine if big n ready to do the iui. So really depends on how your body responds to the jabs/med u were given. For me, i was on jabs n monitored. At day 13, the doc scanned n 1 was 17mm, 2 were 14mm. Then they told me to come back for the trigger shot the next day n come back the following day for iui. So the iui was done on day 15.

hi guys,

just to update..i ve 2 failed iuis at gleneagles n now trf to Kk dr sadhana. she suggested to try home insemination. so back to basics! anyway tried this method before?any advice?

also tiny shop(online) sells clearblue digital for $60plus for 20 sticks. watsons is same price n only 7 sticks. is it reliable?

Dear All,
Let's share our experiences with IUI!!!!To Start with,I shall share my story...

I have had a M/C in 2009 and a Ectopic Pregnancy in 2011.Have been TTC since then but no avail.Finally have decided to go for my SO-IUI treatment.Started with Clomid on 10/07/13, Puregon Injection on 13/07/13.Did my First scan on 15/07/13.My Follicles were 11,6,5 mm on Right Side and 12,6,5 mm on left side.Continued Puregon for two more days.Scanned again on 18/07/13.Follicles were 16.5,6,5 mm on Right Side and 17,8,6 on left side.Uterine lining was 5.5mm.Doctor advised to us Estraderm patch to boost the uterine line as it had to be atleast 8mm thick to start IUI. Went back for scan again on 19/7/13.Follicles were 17.5,6,5mm on Right side and 18.5,10,6 on left side.Uterine Lining was only 6mm.Dr asked to start IUI on Monday,22/07/13.On 20/7/13, I went to O & G 24hrs clinic at KKH for my HCG Trigger injection.Sunday,was in alot of pain(stomach cramps).Monday went to clinic @ 0830hrs to give hussband's sperm for washing.Was told to go back at 1030hrs for procedure.After the procedure,was given Dydrogesterone tablets to be taken for the next 18 days.Was told to continue Estraderm Patch for the next 2 weeks. Also advised BD on IUI Night and following day. Now its my 2dpiui.anxiously waiting for the outcome.Hopefully can get a BFP. Have been waiting for this chance for the past two years and really disappointing when each time the test is negative.

Now have slight discomfort at the abdomen.
Has anyone experienced this?is it normal?

Hey Santhiya... I can relate to u.. I had my first IUI on 1st of april.. on my 2ww now.fingers crossed. How did the IVF go for u??

the doc would check the size of the follicles first to determine if big n ready to do the iui. So really depends on how your body responds to the jabs/med u were given. For me, i was on jabs n monitored. At day 13, the doc scanned n 1 was 17mm, 2 were 14mm. Then they told me to come back for the trigger shot the next day n come back the following day for iui. So the iui was done on day 15.
I had my IUI done on CD16, that is wen i normally ovulate, Had a trigger shot on CD14. Lining was 8.5mm and follicle 18.5 on the right side. Maybe your doc will give a trigger shot and see how. wishing u all success and loads of baby dust

Hi all, I have delivered a bb boy via ivf with Dr THH.. I will be returning red eggs at Lian Shan Shuang Lin temple at Toa Payoh on 23 May (Sat) 12pm. Don't give up hope and bb will be in your arms soon.. Baby dust to all of you here..

Hi all, I have delivered a bb boy via ivf with Dr THH.. I will be returning red eggs at Lian Shan Shuang Lin temple at Toa Payoh on 23 May (Sat) 12pm. Don't give up hope and bb will be in your arms soon.. Baby dust to all of you here..

Hi Booy - Is this Lian Shan Shuag Lin Temple beside the food court in Toa Payoh Central is it. How do you pray and how many red eggs would you distribute? There are two gods on is the main god and the other at a corner. Which god do you pray to? Thank you.

Hi Booy - Is this Lian Shan Shuag Lin Temple beside the food court in Toa Payoh Central is it. How do you pray and how many red eggs would you distribute? There are two gods on is the main god and the other at a corner. Which god do you pray to? Thank you.

Hi Pearl, Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery is located at 184E Jalan Toa Payoh 319941. Near safra. For the first time, I get the temple assistant to help me. I buy the joss sticks and stuff and the asst will chant the prayers for me. You need to pray to the main god Cheng Huang and the Zhu Sheng Niang Niang. Subsequently, I just go on adhoc basis to pray.. The things to chant include name & date of birth of couple and home address.. I am returning 50 eggs and the remaining 50 eggs as cash donation to temple..

Hi Pearl, Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery is located at 184E Jalan Toa Payoh 319941. Near safra. For the first time, I get the temple assistant to help me. I buy the joss sticks and stuff and the asst will chant the prayers for me. You need to pray to the main god Cheng Huang and the Zhu Sheng Niang Niang. Subsequently, I just go on adhoc basis to pray.. The things to chant include name & date of birth of couple and home address.. I am returning 50 eggs and the remaining 50 eggs as cash donation to temple..

Thank you so much booy. It is red eggs or raw eggs you buy from ntuc? If red eggs, how do you make them red or people sell red eggs. Is 50 the minimum we need to pray. Joss sticks you buy from the temple or we buy from outside and bring to temple? If you dun mind, how long after praying, you become pregnant? I was all the while thinking that it was a Monastery praying for the dead. I really dun know that there is a temple we can pray. Normally wat time or days we can go and pray? Thank you.

Thank you so much booy. It is red eggs or raw eggs you buy from ntuc? If red eggs, how do you make them red or people sell red eggs. Is 50 the minimum we need to pray. Joss sticks you buy from the temple or we buy from outside and bring to temple? If you dun mind, how long after praying, you become pregnant? I was all the while thinking that it was a Monastery praying for the dead. I really dun know that there is a temple we can pray. Normally wat time or days we can go and pray? Thank you.
It's red egg.. I got my confinement lady to make it then I return them to the temple as blessing for others.. The standard is 100 I think.. Not too sure on this.. But I also saw people returning abt 30.. It's basically what you say when you pray.. If you promise to return 50, just make sure you do it.. I took probably less than a year to conceive after I started praying at temple.. You can pray at any time or month of the year.. For me, I pop by to pray abt 1 a month..

Hi booy, how do u find Dr Tan HH? I got a recommendation to see and had just arranged for an appt with him. Btw, big big congrats to u!

Hi all, I just started on my SO-IUI program with KKH, after close to 2 years of trying to conceive. Just thought to share my experience, in case anyone is out there looking for more info, and also to find some support. :) Will update along the way...

CD1: Made a call to KK IVF centre to let them know my period has arrived in the morn. If it starts before noon, it counts as CD1. Else if it starts after noon, the next day counts as CD1.

CD2: Went down to KK IVF centre. Was briefed on the costs again (total will range from 2-2.6k depending on amount of puregon needed/issued). Registration fee of $133.75 can be paid with cash/nets/credit card. The rest can be through medisave. Was issued a prescription for puregon and a packet of alcohol swab. Waited for pharmacy to open at 8.30am before collecting. Went back to KK IVF centre to take a queue number again for the nurse to teach how to do the injections. The demonstration was clear and we have to 'pass the test' using the dummy. The 'applicator' is like a pen and the puregon are like refill bottles. The needle was very thin, and i hardly felt anything when I injected myself in the tummy. I casually asked if the injections for IVF would be more painful. Nurse said it's the same. I was done by about 9am-ish. Anyway, the puregon has to be kept under 25 degrees celsius, so they will give u a ice gel pack along with your puregon. Once at home, put it in the vegetable compartment of the fridge.

Next up, I will need to go down for an ultrasound scan on CD7 for the doctor to check how much the follicles has grown. Subsequently, scans will be arranged every 2-3 days until the size of the follicles is ideal. I was told on average, the total number of scans is around 3-5. Once it reaches that stage, I will be given a Ovidrel jab to stimulate ovulation. The actual IUI procedure will be 24-36 hours from the jab.

For the first appt on CD2, an excuse chit can be obtained. On the days of the scans, MC can be issued since doctor will be present. On the day of the actual procedure, a day of hospitalization leave will be issued.

By the way, anybody knows whether they will do a sperm analysis on the insemination day?

Last edited:

Back