IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Yup! Doctor says is advisable if not you will waste the procedure if it didn’t ovulate on time! To be honest, I’m someone who have 0 tolerance for pain and jabs! But this shot got no feeling at all, if you are worry about the pain
Okie.. thanks dear... usually i got smiley on CD13, then next morning I will ovulate liao.. I'll dpuble chekc with my gynae when I go CD2 scan

Anyway good luck ya! Keep us posted.. Jiayou!!

Yup! Doctor says is advisable if not you will waste the procedure if it didn’t ovulate on time! To be honest, I’m someone who have 0 tolerance for pain and jabs! But this shot got no feeling at all, if you are worry about the pain
Btw did u join the TTC group chat that I sms u?

Hi. I am 29 yrold.
AMH 0.9
Day 3 High FSH 9.6
Day 3 Lh 2
The results were bad for my age.

Anyone had similar result and sucessfully conceived through Iui/IVF?

Hi. I am 29 yrold.
AMH 0.9
Day 3 High FSH 9.6
Day 3 Lh 2
The results were bad for my age.

Anyone had similar result and sucessfully conceived through Iui/IVF?

HI,
How do you know your hormone level results? are you given the blood test report?

i am with kkh and went through the blood test before going for my 1st SO-IUI last year. Now that i recall, my doc didn't tell/show my blood test results. Made me went through 2nd blood test for Progesterone to confirm that my progesterone level is consistent. When i asked her how's everything, she told me looks ok, referred me to IVF centre and do SO-IUI. hmm....

Hi, may I know usually when do you all use home pregnancy test kit to test after IUI? As my doctor did not ask me to go for BT and ask me to test at home first.

Hi Babe, Can I check with you during the process of your SO IUI, did u have intercourse with ur hubby to increase the chances? My concern is as I dunno when will the IUI day be, I just worry if intercourse today den next day dr schedule IUI to be done, then the sperm will be weak as I heard it needs 2-3 days rest period. The nurse advise for the husband to clear sperm every 2-3 days, if intercourse also consider right? Appreciate your advise on this and Congrats on ur pregnancy =).

Today is my 3rd day of menses, day 1 IUI injection, anyone also starting their IUI injections this week?

For KKH, I went through SO IUI cycle in March 2018 and took 2 days leave in advance on Day 11 and 15 (just in case I need the leaves for appointments). I had 4 scans in total for my cycle from Day 7 to Day 13 (Day 14 was my IUI procedure, trigger shot done on Day 13), and was in time to arrive in office before 9.30am as the centre opens at 7.30am and scanning starts from 8am onwards. I was kiasu to arrive early at the centre to get the first few numbers, in case I need to queue up for medications and see the nurses thereafter.

Think every cycle and hospital might be different, hence the number of scans will differ. I hope this could be a reference for you to plan ahead :)

Hihi, I am 28 this year and am going for my first IUI in July. Tried clomid once this month (May) but AF came.

Does anybody has any luck/success in IUI for poor morphology (1-2%)?

I know based on stats many would advise us to do IVF but my gynae wants me to try IUI at least twice before IVF (my gynae says my AMH is over the roof I can take my own sweet time to conceive.. but its saddening to have your period appear every month knowing that I've wasted yet another egg).

*DH has varicocele, underwent surgery to fix but no improvements after a year. So decided to go through artificial route.
Pumped Coq10 and many other vitamins but sperm morphology still show no improvements (the rest of the parameters are within range).

HI,
How do you know your hormone level results? are you given the blood test report?

i am with kkh and went through the blood test before going for my 1st SO-IUI last year. Now that i recall, my doc didn't tell/show my blood test results. Made me went through 2nd blood test for Progesterone to confirm that my progesterone level is consistent. When i asked her how's everything, she told me looks ok, referred me to IVF centre and do SO-IUI. hmm....

Hi, i went to get my hormone tested. You can request. I have not done IUI yet. Cause of my result, i dont know whether is IUI or should i just go straight to IVF.

Hi Babe, Can I check with you during the process of your SO IUI, did u have intercourse with ur hubby to increase the chances? My concern is as I dunno when will the IUI day be, I just worry if intercourse today den next day dr schedule IUI to be done, then the sperm will be weak as I heard it needs 2-3 days rest period. The nurse advise for the husband to clear sperm every 2-3 days, if intercourse also consider right? Appreciate your advise on this and Congrats on ur pregnancy =).

Today is my 3rd day of menses, day 1 IUI injection, anyone also starting their IUI injections this week?

Hi babe, we had intercourse at night on the day of IUI to "boost chances" as advised by the nurse from KKH. Though he already submitted his sperm on the morning of the same day, we still did it as an "enhancement". Yes - KKH did advise my hubs to not have ejaculation for 3 - 5 days before IUI to keep the soldiers strong. His sperm test indidated teratozoospermia (large number of sperm with abnormal morphology), so i guess the filtering of best sperms in IUI helped together with timed egg release.

Best wishes and baby dusts to you!

Hi ladies,
I'm 26 this year and been married for 3 years since then my hubby and I were trying to concieve but no news. My hubby and I then decided that we would like to try iui treatment. just set my first doc appt at nuh with Prof PC Wong on 14 june. Not too sure what am I expecting on my first visit. Any ladies here had Prof Wong as your gyne?

Hi babe, we had intercourse at night on the day of IUI to "boost chances" as advised by the nurse from KKH. Though he already submitted his sperm on the morning of the same day, we still did it as an "enhancement". Yes - KKH did advise my hubs to not have ejaculation for 3 - 5 days before IUI to keep the soldiers strong. His sperm test indidated teratozoospermia (large number of sperm with abnormal morphology), so i guess the filtering of best sperms in IUI helped together with timed egg release.

Hi dear, so after IUI is it a good news after that?? How many IUI u tried?

Hi dear, so after IUI is it a good news after that?? How many IUI u tried?

I did one IUI in March 2018. Was very lucky to conceive in the first cycle. Have friends who tried a couple of IUI cycles and still trying. Best to work with your doctor to seek advice. I was glad to listen to her encouragement to go for SO IUI instead of IUI, since taking letrozole did not help me to conceive

I did one IUI in March 2018. Was very lucky to conceive in the first cycle. Have friends who tried a couple of IUI cycles and still trying. Best to work with your doctor to seek advice. I was glad to listen to her encouragement to go for SO IUI instead of IUI, since taking letrozole did not help me to conceive
Congrats!!!! So u did SO IUI and not IUI? What is the different? My gynae nv mention SO IUI to us..

Thanks for your advise. The doctor also mention about my husband sperm morphology on his last semen test. Thanks for the wishes, I really hope I can be as lucky too....=D Good luck to all for June's cycle as well....Let's jiayou together...

Thanks for your advise. The doctor also mention about my husband sperm morphology on his last semen test. Thanks for the wishes, I really hope I can be as lucky too....=D Good luck to all for June's cycle as well....Let's jiayou together...

My DH also had morphology issues.. We are starting our IUI cycle in July.
Which dr/hospital are you with? Good luck to you too ya :)

Today is my CD11, just finished the scan and did ovulation test which is positive. Didn’t expect I will ovulate so fast. And the schedule date for IUI is Tml morning, just did ovidrel shot on my stomach. Now i’m Worried cos the last time my Husband did sperm clearing is either june 1st or 2nd which is more than 5 days already. Dr said chances will be lower but since it’s already Tml, have no choice but to still proceed.

Is my reading consider gd ?

Left Follie : 20.5 mm
Right Follie: 14 mm
Lining : 11 mm

I’m having so much mixed emotions now for tml...Praying for everything to go well

At 330 pm onwards , I started to experience stomach pulling pain on and off.

Went toilet (shit) 3x and now dirrhoea

Last edited:
Just had IUI today and in 2ww. It's my first time so very excited. Any advice on dos and dont's during 2ww post IUI?

All the best to you! Sorry I'm only starting IUI at a later date (in July) so don't have any advise >.< . How many days of leave did you take? Did the dr gave you MC?

No i’m Not in the group chat. I only got 1 day of hospitalisation leave.
I’m feeling normal except breast soreness after iui.
How many mins did u get to lie down after ur iui process? I can’t ctrl my bladder after the iui and went to toilet to pee after 10 min, hope it wun affect.

I'm with NUH! :) are you in the group chat as well? (can update us through there) hahaha.
How are you feeling by the way? :) How many days of MC did you get?

Today is my CD11, just finished the scan and did ovulation test which is positive. Didn’t expect I will ovulate so fast. And the schedule date for IUI is Tml morning, just did ovidrel shot on my stomach. Now i’m Worried cos the last time my Husband did sperm clearing is either june 1st or 2nd which is more than 5 days already. Dr said chances will be lower but since it’s already Tml, have no choice but to still proceed.

Is my reading consider gd ?

Left Follie : 20.5 mm
Right Follie: 14 mm
Lining : 11 mm

I’m having so much mixed emotions now for tml...Praying for everything to go well

At 330 pm onwards , I started to experience stomach pulling pain on and off.

Went toilet (shit) 3x and now dirrhoea

mummymich, hows your DH sperm count on the day of IUI? Wishing all those who did IUI the best of luck...

No i’m Not in the group chat. I only got 1 day of hospitalisation leave.
I’m feeling normal except breast soreness after iui.
How many mins did u get to lie down after ur iui process? I can’t ctrl my bladder after the iui and went to toilet to pee after 10 min, hope it wun affect.

My first 'supposed' IUI was scheduled in May. But procedure was aborted due to only 1 mature follicle on the blocked side... so Dr increased the dosage for the second round (scheduled in July).

I'm new here.

Just had my 2nd SO-IUI yesterday. But have diarrhea and vomiting this two days.
For my first iui, everything seem okay...

Is that anyone facing same issue?

Is it because of the antibiotic, azithromycin that u took 1 day before the iui?

Cos I also experience mild dirrhoea after tt and nurse did mention side effects include vomiting for some other ppl too....

I'm new here.

Just had my 2nd SO-IUI yesterday. But have diarrhea and vomiting this two days.
For my first iui, everything seem okay...

Is that anyone facing same issue?

Yes he have too...ur hus also?
Dr told me nowadays it’s common for men to have sperm morphology issues due to stress. She also mentioned to me that this will not affect the chances of conceiving....

Wow thats awesome, I don't even know if ours can reach that high. Don't mind me asking, does your DH have morphology issues?

Yes he have too...ur hus also?
Dr told me nowadays it’s common for men to have sperm morphology issues due to stress. She also mentioned to me that this will not affect the chances of conceiving....

Yup we r also facing morphology issues and 1 blocked tube. Hope to hear good news from you☺️ Keep in touch ya.

So sad & disappointed, I tested today ,10 DPIUI and get a BFN although I already got a feeling it’s unsuccessful but seeing the single line really hit me hard.

I think IUI is cheap, but the medication and injection plus all kinds of test are not cheap.
I did mine on 16.09.17 at pte clinic and IUI procedure at VFC, my total cost is $7923.49. I am claiming medisave $6k. So that will be $1923.49 cash part.

Hi

May I know your total cost of 7923 is only the procedure alone or included medication?

So sad & disappointed, I tested today ,10 DPIUI and get a BFN although I already got a feeling it’s unsuccessful but seeing the single line really hit me hard.
dont lose hope, wait for 4 more days. Stay strong ya. how many follicles (targets) did you get during the scan before IUI?

Back