IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi all, Im a new member here. I went to kkh to do pregnancy consultation last July and they put me through all the test for infertility and found nothing wrong for me and my Husband. And doctor said since trying for 5 years with no result then suggested us to go straight to ivf. Prior before the Counseling, the ivf center told me that I have to go through IUI before ivf, because it is a guideline from MOH. Anyone of you experienced this ?

Prior before the Counseling, the ivf center told me that I have to go through IUI before ivf, because it is a guideline from MOH. Anyone of you experienced this ?
Not really, just say to your doc that you don’t want IUI. I’m with NUH, said to the doc I want straight to ivf, he was agree.

Hello.. was utrogestan prescribe after iui to eat for a course of 15 days? Anyone feel hungry or giddy after taking the supplements??

No, didn't feel anything. but i was asked to do it vaginally. not oral. shove it up and don't move for min 30 min. so at bed time is best

I think less side effects. read it somewhere.
U could feel sleepy / giddy like u mentioned , so maybe u want to try to take before u sleep.

No, didn't feel anything. but i was asked to do it vaginally. not oral. shove it up and don't move for min 30 min. so at bed time is best

U could feel sleepy / giddy like u mentioned , so maybe u want to try to take before u sleep.

I done my iui on 21 march then on 23rd march started to insert progesterone gel in the virginal. Then I started to test for pregnancy since Sunday 1st April till yesterday but still negative. Then there’s no sign of my menses. But on Sunday night when I put the gel into my V, when I pull out, there’s blood stain. So now I’m so confused. Successful or not successful?

Hope your procedure went well!

I think the blood test request depends on the hopsital that you are visiting. For me, the nurses at KKH ordered the blood test for me 19 days after my IUI procedure :).

They do confident? By right 9th day onwards we can know whether we are successful or not.

My first failed iui, I already noticed my menses spotting on day 11. So no chance to wait till 19th day.

Hi all, glad to be part of this group in the journey.

Am on the unnerving 2ww now at 9dpiui (more than half way there!). First SO IUI cycle, started injections from 3 March, trigger shot on 14 March, procedure on 15 March. Given progestrone 3x daily, progesterone blood test this week 21 March and my betaHCG upcoming on 3 Apr.

Have a blend of nausea, lethargic, headaches, slight cramping daily, which could indicate that it may be successful OR side effects of progestrone. Out of curiosity, I did UPT yesterday and today to see if the trigger shot HCG is still in my body & any possible early signs, and both were negative. Think that's my own experience and different bodies may process differently.

Best wishes to all and baby dusts :)

How’s your result?

Vaginally?? So there are actually diff type of medicine given after iui.. may I know the diff?

Vaginally?? So there are actually diff type of medicine given after iui.. may I know the diff?

I’ve never try oral type. So not sure abt the difference. You may google online progesterone gel. After we pump the gel into the virginal, we have to stay on bed at least 15/30 mins. So that the gel dun flow out immediately

Hi Xinyu,

I've failed my 4 IUIs in the past 4 mths. Was considering going into SO-IUI or IVF in jun. now taking a break from everything as quite stressful to deal with the disappointment. R u seeing a pte or govt doctor?

Seeing the govt doctor so it can be subsidised....so sorry to hear that! hopefully yr ivf gives u good news!

Hi all! Im new to iui processes. I hv been ttc for the past 27 mths to no avail. Prior to that, i had an ectopic pregnancy just on my 1st try to concieve. Have been trying thereafter but no gd news. I went to tcm over the last weekend n the sinseh advised me to do so/iui rather than pure iui if im considering iui as one of e options. Anyone any advice?

Hi all! Im new to iui processes. I hv been ttc for the past 27 mths to no avail. Prior to that, i had an ectopic pregnancy just on my 1st try to concieve. Have been trying thereafter but no gd news. I went to tcm over the last weekend n the sinseh advised me to do so/iui rather than pure iui if im considering iui as one of e options. Anyone any advice?

Have u checked both yours n your hubby condition? Your natural way of calculating ovulation is it accurate? How old r you now?

I done my iui on 21 march then on 23rd march started to insert progesterone gel in the virginal. Then I started to test for pregnancy since Sunday 1st April till yesterday but still negative. Then there’s no sign of my menses. But on Sunday night when I put the gel into my V, when I pull out, there’s blood stain. So now I’m so confused. Successful or not successful?

Hi, how are u ? Any good news.
If it was just abit of blood, not yr usual menses, you still have chance. could be implantation bleeding.

lots of baby dusts to u

Hi all, Im a new member here. I went to kkh to do pregnancy consultation last July and they put me through all the test for infertility and found nothing wrong for me and my Husband. And doctor said since trying for 5 years with no result then suggested us to go straight to ivf. Prior before the Counseling, the ivf center told me that I have to go through IUI before ivf, because it is a guideline from MOH. Anyone of you experienced this ?

i am with KKH too. The doc suggests that i go for SO-IUI for 2 rounds before trying with IVF. in my case, although me period is regular, i may not be ovulating during each cycle. i have tried the 1st round of SO-IUI but failed. Currently seeing tcm, my physician did not mention about going for SO-IUI or IVF. i am trying out tcm first before going for 2nd SO-IUI.

Have u checked both yours n your hubby condition? Your natural way of calculating ovulation is it accurate? How old r you now?
Hi. We hv checked. Both of us are ok...so perhaps due to unexplained infertility. ☹ I did ovulation test over a few cycles previously so roughly I know when is my ovulation period. It may not b very accurate though. Im going to start testing again..soon. Im 35 yo.

L
i am with KKH too. The doc suggests that i go for SO-IUI for 2 rounds before trying with IVF. in my case, although me period is regular, i may not be ovulating during each cycle. i have tried the 1st round of SO-IUI but failed. Currently seeing tcm, my physician did not mention about going for SO-IUI or IVF. i am trying out tcm first before going for 2nd SO-IUI.

Hi, how do u know that u r not ovulating even though yr period is regular? I once posed this qn to a western doc. She said that typically women will ovulate as ovulation n menses come hand in hand.

L

Hi, how do u know that u r not ovulating even though yr period is regular? I once posed this qn to a western doc. She said that typically women will ovulate as ovulation n menses come hand in hand.

From my understand it might not.. I asked my doc if I can wait for me to ovulate myself and do iui instead of a trigger shot.. her reply was u might not ovulate.. even with a mature egg.

Need some help here..

anyone with experience of spotting 13dpiui while on progesterone. Feel like af is coming but not full flow. Been spotting for 4days. Should I stop the tablet to let AF come? Im confused...

Hi all, glad to be part of this group in the journey.

Am on the unnerving 2ww now at 9dpiui (more than half way there!). First SO IUI cycle, started injections from 3 March, trigger shot on 14 March, procedure on 15 March. Given progestrone 3x daily, progesterone blood test this week 21 March and my betaHCG upcoming on 3 Apr.

Have a blend of nausea, lethargic, headaches, slight cramping daily, which could indicate that it may be successful OR side effects of progestrone. Out of curiosity, I did UPT yesterday and today to see if the trigger shot HCG is still in my body & any possible early signs, and both were negative. Think that's my own experience and different bodies may process differently.

Best wishes to all and baby dusts :)

How are your results so far? Hope everything went well!

how are you? any symptoms yet?

I’m still 9 days post iui. I wake up every night to pee since 2 days post iui.. r u experiencing the same?? I sleep earlier than usual too.. sometime cramp on and all.. not sure is it due to medicine..

Baby dust to all

Need some help here..

anyone with experience of spotting 13dpiui while on progesterone. Feel like af is coming but not full flow. Been spotting for 4days. Should I stop the tablet to let AF come? Im confused...

Was the tablet given to be completed?? If yes maybe u should cal the clinic to check.. could it be implantation since is spotting?

How are your results so far? Hope everything went well!

I succeeded :). Super nervous about this, and also very thankful. My betaHCG results came back this week at 1,000 units. 5 weeks now and just hoping the first trimester (and the rest) goes smoothly. Have yet to tell my parents and inlaws and colleagues yet.

Hope all of you wonderful ladies get your BFP very very soon! *throw baby dusts all around*

I succeeded :). Super nervous about this, and also very thankful. My betaHCG results came back this week at 1,000 units. 5 weeks now and just hoping the first trimester (and the rest) goes smoothly. Have yet to tell my parents and inlaws and colleagues yet.

Hope all of you wonderful ladies get your BFP very very soon! *throw baby dusts all around*
Congratulations.

Congratulations on ur bfp. Is this your first try on iui.?

Yes its my first iui :). I have PCOS and suspected thyroid issue, and been trying for more than 2 years with letrozole and TCM. Hope my case gives encouragement to those who are thinking of trying IUI and/or have PCOS/thyroid issue.

Thank you for ur encouragement. Do you have any Symptoms during ur tww? I’m actually 12 days post iui Am excited to test for result. Wonder which is the earliest date to test?

Thank you for ur encouragement. Do you have any Symptoms during ur tww? I’m actually 12 days post iui Am excited to test for result. Wonder which is the earliest date to test?
Symptoms were nausea, lethargic, headaches which were all side effects of the progesterone that I was taking. Had to tell myself that I cant think too much on the symptoms and wait patiently for the UPT. Was hard! >_<

I started using cheapo urine strips from 12dpiui and saw a very very faint line (under bright light then can see as though its a faint pencil line) which became clearer in the next 3 days. Used clearblue upt on 16piui and it was clear positive.

Just to note that different bodies process the trigger shot (Ovidrel) differently. I had Ovidrel shot the day before IUI, and took HCG urine strips on 8 / 9 dpiui to see if there is still HCG left and they all came out negative.

Think best bet is to just test on 15 - 17 dpiui :)

Symptoms were nausea, lethargic, headaches which were all side effects of the progesterone that I was taking. Had to tell myself that I cant think too much on the symptoms and wait patiently for the UPT. Was hard! >_<

I started using cheapo urine strips from 12dpiui and saw a very very faint line (under bright light then can see as though its a faint pencil line) which became clearer in the next 3 days. Used clearblue upt on 16piui and it was clear positive.

Just to note that different bodies process the trigger shot (Ovidrel) differently. I had Ovidrel shot the day before IUI, and took HCG urine strips on 8 / 9 dpiui to see if there is still HCG left and they all came out negative.

Thank u so much for sharing

Congratulations!!

Hi, for those who went for iui and then proceeded to IVF in kkh. What is your average waiting for the appointment/ procedure?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
I’m planning to try iui.. suffered a miscarriage in Jan 17 and didn’t manage to conceive since....
can I know how is the process like and how many scans we need before we do the actual procedure. I believe will need to take a lot of urgent leave to do this and hence, hope to plan in advance and seek my boss understanding

Hi all,
I’m planning to try iui.. suffered a miscarriage in Jan 17 and didn’t manage to conceive since....
can I know how is the process like and how many scans we need before we do the actual procedure. I believe will need to take a lot of urgent leave to do this and hence, hope to plan in advance and seek my boss understanding

Hello.. have u see doctor? For me I only wen for one scan before my iui At cd13 and a trigger shot the same night iui was done on cd15. MC will be given on the day of iui.

Hi all,

For KKH, I went through SO IUI cycle in March 2018 and took 2 days leave in advance on Day 11 and 15 (just in case I need the leaves for appointments). I had 4 scans in total for my cycle from Day 7 to Day 13 (Day 14 was my IUI procedure, trigger shot done on Day 13), and was in time to arrive in office before 9.30am as the centre opens at 7.30am and scanning starts from 8am onwards. I was kiasu to arrive early at the centre to get the first few numbers, in case I need to queue up for medications and see the nurses thereafter.

Think every cycle and hospital might be different, hence the number of scans will differ. I hope this could be a reference for you to plan ahead :)

Hello.. have u see doctor? For me I only wen for one scan before my iui At cd13 and a trigger shot the same night iui was done on cd15. MC will be given on the day of iui.

Hi hi,
I last saw Dr Loh from TMC for my miscarriage. He also did laparoscopic surgery for me as well. I emailed him a few weeks back to enquire about iui. His assistant called me back said Dr Loh read thru my case again and said I can go ahead to do iui. I just need to call the clinic on 1st day of my menses to collect some medications

For KKH, I went through SO IUI cycle in March 2018 and took 2 days leave in advance on Day 11 and 15 (just in case I need the leaves for appointments). I had 4 scans in total for my cycle from Day 7 to Day 13 (Day 14 was my IUI procedure, trigger shot done on Day 13), and was in time to arrive in office before 9.30am as the centre opens at 7.30am and scanning starts from 8am onwards. I was kiasu to arrive early at the centre to get the first few numbers, in case I need to queue up for medications and see the nurses thereafter.

Think every cycle and hospital might be different, hence the number of scans will differ. I hope this could be a reference for you to plan ahead :)

Thanks for sharing!! Best wishes for u!

Hi hi,
I last saw Dr Loh from TMC for my miscarriage. He also did laparoscopic surgery for me as well. I emailed him a few weeks back to enquire about iui. His assistant called me back said Dr Loh read thru my case again and said I can go ahead to do iui. I just need to call the clinic on 1st day of my menses to collect some medications

Hi for some cases medication was given from cd2 to cd5. I was actually asked to test ovulation from CD9 onward. If I ovulate I can proceed to iui the next day.. bt for my case I didn’t manage to ovulate till cd13 tat was why tigger shot was given. I Guess diff hospital and diff doc work differently.

Best of luck to u

Hi for some cases medication was given from cd2 to cd5. I was actually asked to test ovulation from CD9 onward. If I ovulate I can proceed to iui the next day.. bt for my case I didn’t manage to ovulate till cd13 tat was why tigger shot was given. I Guess diff hospital and diff doc work differently.

Best of luck to u

Hi hi
Thanks for the info!! Good luck to u as well!!

Back