IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi Grace, the 1.2k is just an estimate cost.. Below is my cost breakdown...
Registration & Counselling: $89.5
Ultrasound & Doc Review Package: $285.8
Puregon (stimulate drug)(450iu): ~$250
IUI: $136
Sperm washing: $158.7
Progesterone Insert: $140 (17 days)
Misc (OPK, injection..etc): ~$100

My cost was consider low because I used low dosage of puregon and I ovulated quite early. That mean lesser usage of puregon.

Hi Grace, forgot to answer yr question..
You can use Medisave for SOIUI but it is not worth it lor because medisave only covers 3 times for IUI/SOIUI/IVF. Fist time max claim is 6k, then 5k and last 4k. And you dun know whether you r going to IVF or not. If you use it on IUI, it will consider as one claim already.

Hi Xinyu,

thanks for the detailed breakdown. Can I also ask all in all, how many times do you have to go back for consultation/scans in one cycle?

I am worried that I would be able to take so many days off from work cos' I just joined the company not long.

Grace,
I only took one day mc on the day doing IUI for the entire process. As for the scanning/blood test, I went there very early (mostly I am the first one). After the scan and doc review, it was ard 9am. For my company, it is still Ok for this one/two hours late.
For me, total visits...
Day 2 - purchase puregon
Day 7 - Scan
Day 9 - Scan
Day 10 - IUI
Day 17 - progesterone blood test
then see menses come or not...
So total visits only 5 times...

Xinyu, did you take HCG jab the day before your IUI? Progesterone Insert is a must? My doc nv mention it to me... Wonder if I should ask him for it.

WanBB, I took HCG jab on Day9, a day before IUI. As for Progesterone insert, it is depend. Different hospital using different protocol.

Hi Xinyu,

Yes it was Doc Kelly! She was so rough and even the patient beside me also said so. i think was because she was rushing off to somewhere. I was quite disappointed with her service. Luckily the nurse was very caring and nice. I freaked out when the doc insert the catheter.

By the way, did the doc or nurse explain to you on the quality of your husband sperm? Have you succeed on your SO IUI? I'm with doc SF loh as well.

hi xinyu..

thanks for he detailed explaination..!!
happy.gif

at least now i understand more.. thanks again!

Hello Xinyu, thanks for sharing so much. My problem is vaginismus. i could not hv normal intercourse. The last time i did IUI, i had clomid only. 3 pills a day for 5 days. Also, i did not do HSG. My hubby also did not do sperm analysis. We went straight into it.Took clomid, go back for scan on D12, then do IUI, normally on day 13/14. I don't think i produced a lot of eggs that's why the gynae increased my dosage of clomid from 2 to 3 after the 1st round. I knew the 3rd time i did, i had only 1 big one. I felt that my ovulation time was not quite correct as I have 34days cycle and for the 3 times, the IUI was done on D14, which i think could be 2 early as I did not have much mucus.However, gynae felt that i could do it. So, i'm quite confused, whether was i exactly ovulating when IUI was done or whether there were other problems...Hmmm

hi ttakuwan,

ur gynae didn't recommend ur hubby doing seman analysis ?

did they do any test(s) on u before prescribing clomid ?

ttakuwan, I thought for IUI, they will do V-Scan to check for your follicle size to reach maturity b4 they do the IUI? Not everybody's O is on CD14.
happy.gif

My IUI was also done my Dr. Kelly, she was fine with the procedure, probably improving bah. haa ha. but the V-scan very althernate day was extremely horrible, damn painful.
I am now waiing for AF to arrive for this cycle so that can start my 2nd round of IUI.

Hi,no i din't do any tests before i started on IUI. I was assumed to be normal. Can someone advise me what is semen analysis? When my hubby submitted the sperm sample for washing, a report was given. Is that considered a sperm analysis? As for V-scan, yes i believed i did that on D12. Gynae used something to insert into my vagina and from the screen, we could see the follicle. Cos, my problem was vaginismus, ie i couldn't have intercourse, so therefore i was being assumed to be ok?

AABaby, the nurse did explained to me my hubby's semen analysis. I din success in this SOIUI (1st try).. I am planning to go for IVF soon.
happy.gif

ttakuwan,
Semem analysis is yr hubby's sperm analysis, to see how yr hubby's sperm doing. During sperm washing, they also do the semen analysis. So, Yes, it is consider a semen analysis. How the result? normal?
I think yr cycle length is quite normal, 34 days and ovulated on Day 14. Are you on progesterone after IUI?

Dawn, wish you a lot of a lot of luck in yr next IUI. All the best
happy.gif

xinyu, thanks for the luck! really need lots of it! you going for IVF coming cycle? Jia You!!!! Wishing you all the best too...keep us updated yah? Is it done in KKIVF too?

ttakuwan, yes, the scan on D12 should be to check the follicle size. If they go on to do the IUI, your hubby's seman analysis should be okay bah. Din they tell you the quality of sperm before the IUI? I think can call and check with them, they should have the record.

dawn, thanks for yr wishes. Yup, going for IVF KKH coming cycle. I will update you all and you also keep us update yr IUI.. Wish me a lot a lot of luck...
happy.gif

Xinyu,

Jia you jia you, you will definitely make it in IVF
happy.gif
Stay positive ok
happy.gif

I just went for my progesterone blood test..haiz..i wonder what for cos it also don't indicate anything
sad.gif
next week will be the finale for me loh...don't know y i got a negative feeling..maybe due to scare by doc kelly when she was so rough
sad.gif

AABaby, you ask me to stay positive, you also have to stay positive hor..
happy.gif
The progesterone blood test is for doctor's record. No choice have to do it. One more week very fast wan....crossed my fingers and toes for you.

hopes, I hv no idea.. you can try ask in the MTB threads. Did you try TCM(traditional chinese med) before?

Xinyu,

Thanks. You are so nice
happy.gif
By the way, may i ask why you proceed to IVF so soon? Why don;t you give SO IUI one more try again as it is less invasive as compared to IVF.

Morning ladies....
AAbaby, because my husband's army is suboptimal. Dun want to waste time and money on SOIUI bcos success rate so low.

hopes, dun give up. Sure there is a hope. Make sure you find a good gynae. All the best
happy.gif

Hi xinyu,

I am going for my first consultation with Dr SF Loh next week and after that, we will probably decided on SO-IUI or IVF depending on his recommendation. Now keeping fingers cross that HB's SA re-test will have better results.

Xinyu,

I am so moody today. Went to the toilet today and was found spotting
sad.gif
Seems like menses is coming soon
sad.gif
Feel like crying now.

AAbaby, how many DPO you are? might be implantation spotting... Some ppl early preggie also spotting wan. Stay positive
happy.gif
When is yr test date?

AAbaby, DPO is Day Past Ovulation. Do you need to take progesterone insert? Very high chances that it is implantation spotting ler... Wish you good luck hor. You want to test this weekend????

XInyu,

My SO IUI was on 18th therefore DPO should be 10 days right? AM i right to say that ovulation day is SO IUI day? I think i will wait till next Fri to test it.

hi ladies,

first time doing IUI but now my follicles are growing real slow. oreadi day 12 scan and still at ard 6-8mm. been injecting 100ui/day, gynae says becos i hv pcos, resistance to injection is high, tat's y follicles are still small. (previously, have been taking 150clomid for the past years on and off,still din not ovuluate.)

now have to start injecting 200ui to c if by day 15, it will grow, if not, have to stop IUI liao.
in all, i tink i spend close to $1500 jus for injections and consultation/scaning fees.
feeling abit depressed to hear tat my follicles arent growing.
any ladies here xperienced this situation?

AAbaby, sorry to hear that. Hug Hug.. Hope you are OK now. I think you shld check with yr gynae on why yr menses came so early.

okeanosmao, it is quite high chances that some ppl not responding to the injection first time because first time normally yr gynae not so sure how much dosage u shld start, how yr body react to the injection. So Stay Positive
happy.gif
Are u under KKH? Who is yr gynae?

Xinyu,

I'm feeling better already. Just fixed up an appt with Dr Loh two week later. Hopefully he could tell me more. I'm quite dishearted now. Taking a break now before i start the next cycle.

Hi AAbaby, understand how you feel. Take a break and try again after resting! I am starting my 2nd SO-IUI cycle this week.....urrgghhh...hubby was recalled for reservice, so now i have to jab myself these few nights. horrible.....

okeonosmao, hope that your follicles will jia you with the double dosage. mine was the opposite case, too many follicles ....about 15 to 20....and also was advised to stop injection immediately due to danger possiblity of multiple births. so the size of the follicles did not reach mature size when i did my iui.....so failed mission. hope this time it's ok!
Xinyu, you starting your IVF soon?

AABaby, good to hear that you are better now. Please take care and build up yr body for next cycle.

Dawn, going to start injections next week.... Wish me good luck.

Hi Dawn, all the best to you ...jia you jia you
happy.gif

Xinyu, you too! Good luck & i hope to see your good news in this forum soon
happy.gif

Hi Xinyu! Good luck! hope you will strike!!!!
which CD are you at now? keep me updated of the process ok?

AAbaby, thanks! will keep u all updated.

Thanks all for yr wishes!!!!!

Dawn, IVF different than IUI. Not so care about which CD. Everything is control using drugs. I need to inject myself for at least 4 weeks before do egg retrieval and egg transfer. If everything go smooth, I will hv my good news mid Sept.
happy.gif

Xinyu, so complicated one ah!
happy.gif
so when do you know when to start the IVF cycle? after AF has arrived? I will pray hard that you get your bundle of joy soon!

hi xinyu,
went to scan again on cd15, well, gynae was glad to see tat my follicles are growing but still some way to go. mine largest was 9.5mm. gonna c her again tmr.she hope she can trigger for me n start on cd19.
yup, gynae did mentioned first time dosage she can't guarantee hw much she shld give, she wants to prevent too many follicles.
so far, my body is adapting to the injections well, no side effects though, even dosage was increased.
my gynae was previously frm kkh but he resigned n nw in tow yung clinic, he is dr ct yeong. but he's currently in uk so i'm seeing his wife.
so u r now starting ivf?

hi dawn, tks for the words, hope i can succeed lor. =p

Dawn, Thanks.

Okeanosmao, wish you see big big follicles next visit. Take care.

Me going to start my IVF injections next Monday.
happy.gif

Hi Xinyu,

You're doing IVF injections next Monday? Not doing IUI anymore? May I ask how many cycles of IUI u have tried before deciding to move to IVF?

I think I'm going to visit my gynae this month to discuss abt the IUI process. Can sense that my menses is coming soon. No luck so far on clomid pills
sad.gif

cherish, I only tried one time IUI because hubby's sperm is suboptimal. No point wasting time and money. Dun upset ok..

Xinyu, jia you jia you, I just realised the success rate for IVF at KKH quite high huh? almost 50%! Is it a self injection or need to go IVF to let them inject?

How many days leave/time off do i need to set aside if I plan to do IVF?

Hi dawn, it is self inject... If you want them to inject also can, but need to pay lor, I think it is around $6.8/jab. KKH will give 5days hospitaliz leaves after egg retrieval. So for me, I will "eat snake" during scanning and blood tests...
happy.gif

Are you starting IVF soon?

Hi all,

I'm a newly registered. Like to find out from all of u whether your doc advised u to BD after IUI procedure? I just did my IUI yesterday. Though follicle sizes ok, ovulation still not detected. Thus my doc gave me a HCG jab to induce ovulation after the IUI procedure. Today when I tested with the ovulation test kit, it's positive. Just wondering whether shd BD to maximise chances
happy.gif

Hi 75gal, no harm trying to BD rite? ;) many gynaes will encourage to BD after IUI on your own. How many follicles do you have?

Xinyu, wah 5 days leave very good hor? I tot oni private hospitals give 5 days leave for IVF, din know KK also give 5 days. Btw, how come need so many days? Is ET a very major operation? I am starting my 2nd round of IUI now....but scared not successful, so start reading up on IVF mah, so that can go on quickily to it. Do you need to rest for at least a few cycles b4 starting your IUI?

Hi Dawn, tks! I've abt 4 good size follicles but did not ovulate that's why doc did IUI then gave me a HCG jab to induce ovulation. Wish us all good luck
happy.gif

Hi 75 gal, good luck! do you feel any different ? ;) I think i am going to do my IUI end of next week, follicles are still small.

Back