Dr Suresh Nair from Mt E

didi, down regulation is the lucrin injections. it is done from day 21 of current cycle. stimulation will start after next menses comes. right rainbow?

didi, we will see dr on day 2 and he should be starting on stimulation if the blood tests results are ok.

O...k, Me starting on the 1st day of Dec '05, yes to be done daily (think approx 21 days) ? then c him on day 2 and to go for blood test ?.

Msh, did they tell you when to go for the blood test, they told around day 2 at the same time I can see Dr too ? and he will check if there are any cysts

the other time, i did puregon on day 2 and on abt day 7, he added ganirelix...and on day 11, did another injection at 8pm so that 36 hrs later, will be the Er.

didi, they said to go for blood test early in the morning, preferably around 8 or 8.30, then the results will be out at 11 plus same day, then u can see dr with results. dr nair also suggested doing the blood test on day 1, then go see him on day 2, by then the results sure out already. but i think anyway, sure need to wait till around 11 plus to see him in teh morning wan, might as well do it together on the sme day... bring a book to read lor. or go shopping while waiting.

rainbow, like very fast hor, after day 2 starts.... better make sure i have books to read or videos to watch after ET. else i'd be so bored.

ya...i can't remember how i got passed the 2WW.
i think i didn't rest well..and sometimes still go out to walk, shop and eat...
think better to stay at home and don't go out except for the injection.

i will have problem with food... most probably will still need to walk downstairs to eat.... hope it'd be ok, will try to walk super slow..... hb and i always say how come some people don't even know they pregnant, can go do all kinds of sports and exercises and still stay preggie but somehow we just can't. why is it so easy to lsoe it? sigh

rainbow , were u on leave during 2ww?

i most likely can rest afew says only. school repoens on 3rd jan. so hoping my ET can be earlier so that i can rest more b4 i start shouting and screaming like a monkey.

ya i am on leave for the entire 2WW.
dr will give u HL so can u not go back to school on 3rd jan?

u teaching in primary school?

MSH - saw in another thread - u looking for zita west book?

me teaching in sec. i don't feel good lor, not to go back. i always feel like i owe my students something if i stay away or take MC. whole of this year i only took 2 days MC, and it's at end of year, after exams started. touch wood, i have been quite healthy in the whole year. anyway, see how, if i feel that i hav ea high chance, of course i have to choose baby over students.

ya, i'm looking for it. have made a resevation at NLB. why?

For me, think I will stay with my MIL/ or my mil will come and stay with me for 2 weeks after ET as she/ her maid will prepare food for me, as my hubby doesn't want me to go/ move too much as he afraid that it might be painful for me
sad.gif

so nice. my mil wants to come but i said no need, cos she'd need to fly here. btw, if ER falls on public holidays or sundays, will they proceed on that day or bring forward/postpone?

Actually, think it is better to stay at one's place. I wondered if the ER/ET is on a public holiday will there be more $$$ involved ? you know working on PH = double pay for most people. You mil is staying overseas, maybe you can stay with your own mum ?

i din tell my mom about this yet. she'd be super kan cheong and alot of old wives tales one. i prefer to listen to them after i succeed. :p

Ya....I agreed, there's something which I agreed with the counsellor, she told my hubby, in IVF, men are not really the stressed ones as they only need to provide the sperms and we women have to take care of the rest, medicine, injections etc... I alway remind my hubby this
happy.gif

Ya, think I better get some VCDs/ mags to read as scv shows alway repeat. The 2 weeks, I can be 'manja' with my hubby already, guess he will be extra nice to me
happy.gif

didi, do u experience stomach cramps? like pre-AF cramps? why am i feeling cramps now... abit too early leh.....today only D16

Nope, no cramps. You have collected the Lucrin, did you wonder that the small bottle can lasts 21 days ? Thought it look too little

i did wonder. betty told me its enough.

don't know why the cramps leh.... hope its me being sensitive

Ya, maybe you are just expecting something (eg cramps that why
happy.gif
, just over sensitive maybe

i'm ready anytime except next tue, wed and fri. how about u gals? lets do afternoon tea/lunch?

didi, how's the first shot. gals, any tips on the injections? me first time poking myself leh, and on my own from day 1 since i not free to go down to clinic on that day. any advice to make it easier for me on the first few days? i am sure after the first few days getting used to it, it'd be a breeze like didi said... but i just need to overcome the first few days.

MSH, actually for me there is not tips, but I have a tummmy, that why it is less painful. If you are on the lean side then you will have to find a fat area then inject. To tell you the truth, even thought I have done it before but everytime that I need to inject, I am also afraid that it will hurts this time, as not everytime, I pick the right area
sad.gif
, and also do it in a quiet place, preferably alone as I will be stressed if I do at my hubby's presence.

ouch...... i can feel it.... i got tummy but betty did said not enough hahaha. ya, i most likely will do it alone too ... my hubby will also get stressed one... he wouldn't dare see it also.

rainbow, do u have an estimate how much u spent for your whole treatment from down regulation up to ET? did u have to go back for scans alot after stimulation? hb is very worried about money... keep nagging at me that i'm rushing.... must save money and so on.... arrrrggghhhhh.....

oh yes, i remember now, rainbow's was converted from sO-IUI...... RAinbow, when u say injection start from day 2, u mean u didn't do down regulation, just started with stim on day 2? is this how the short protocol means?

yes i don't think i hv down regulation. My follicle stimulation starts on day 2 and it's a short protocol. Total cost for me is abt 11k (ie $6kcpf, 5k cash) everything in. Almost every 2-3 days, you will need to be back for scan as he will monitor how many follicles hv grown. If the dosage is not strong, he will add on to it.

So both of you started injection on 2nd dec05.
For me, quite immune to injection already. But sometimes still gabok...i remember sometimes i forgot to apply the swab...so the injection was quite painful. Sometime it's a breeze but sometimes, i may tend to get bruises if i don't do it well. Sometimes couldn't poke thru and hv to find another better position. All sorts of funny things. What an experience!!!!

i shd be ok to meet on next thur. But let me check my office calendar again. I can't remember if i hv meeting. Hopefully not. Let u gals know on monday. I think tea will be better cos i will knock off at abt 1pm...and don't think u gals can tahan lunch at 2pm.

msh - quite interested in zita west book also...do u know if mph or any other bookstore sells?

i also bot a book on a local couple who hv difficulty conceiving and finally succeeded. Quite an inspiring book by peter lim. It's with my friend now. If you gals want, i can lend to u.

down regulation at most add another $1k i think. cos the lucrin is about $800 i think. so we can expect $12k+ huh??

i'm starting injection on 6th. hve not started yet.

when i receive my copy of zita west, i lend to u lor.... don't think i'd be reading the book for 3 weeks....the last one to finish can return to library. don't think need to buy la.... i've read quite a bit of fertility books from teh library already,... more or less say the same thing one. maybe after your friend finsh with the book by peter lim, u can lend to us.

rainbow...my injection starts at 1 dec 2005, I can't meet on weekdays for luch as I am very busy and can't take leave as I am helping out temporary as I will have to take time off for future scanning etc so time/ leave is precious for me. The book that you have mentioned is it 'The little miracle.....' can't remember as I saw it somewhere ..... As for the Zita west book, think you can get them at kino bookstores.

Rainbow, do you feel bloated after the ET as some women will felt that way.

Oh dear, it is what I am afraid of ......, why thought the bloated tummy will only last for a while, and yours is quite awhile ago ?

Did you check with Dr Nair why it is still bloated ?

Where are you working ? I am working in Orchard.

yes ever asked before and he said it's the gas...always ask me to drink some ginger tea.
i am working at tanjong pagar area.

haha... the jab is absolutely painless. maybe its bcos i was pinching on my tummy for at least 1 min b4 i plucked up enough courage to poke the needle in! haha, but i was very surprised when the needle slid in and i felt absolutely nothing! i was shouting to hubby "look no pain!!!" as the needle slid in. but when i pulled out the needle and released my tummy, i felt a stinging pain for awhile. its fun.. i look forward to doing it again tomorrow! haha... so sadistic right? i foresee though thtat i do not have enough tummy for me to inject into... i only have aboout 1 inch of tummy... so when i run out of 'room' on my tummy then i'd start crying.... anyway i still feel a little pain when i rub the injection area... is this normal??

It is painless,Yes.... wait till you inject the wrong area...ha...ha. As for me, I don't feel the pain when I rub the injection area
happy.gif

today abit painful leh.... think i happy too fast and by about 3pm, i noticed there is a bruise there... it must have appeaared earlier but i didn't know its there ... just happened to lift up my shirt to take a look at my precious tummy... shocked to see the bruise there. i read in internet about ladies who have bruises all over their tummy during the injection periods.... so scary..... hb very worried.

Betty told me soon that is either 9/ 10 Dec, I am very scared, to know the outcome of the IVF as I have heard from the other topics that not evryone conceived on their 1st IVF. Trying to be positive,btw did betty gave u all the syringe as mine seems to be short of a few. MSH, how about yours, menses not coming so soon right ? thought was 6 days after mine
happy.gif

yeah, my AF should be middle next week. i'm hoping it can come earlier... cos i want to start treatment asap. so that i can rest for as long as possible b4 school reopens. haven't told my boss yet..... feel bad if i have to take leave from first day of school,,, i'd miss my kids. :) and the firzt week of school is very impt in setting the tone right.... else the whole year u'd get alot of crap from them, in terms of homework esp.

i didn't count my syringes.... i'm also very nervous... really need alot of support and tips now.... so scared i eat the wrong things or do the wrong things during the 2WW.......

Back