Dr Suresh Nair from Mt E

Yup im having my financial strain now. wth 2 babies. still cant go back to work coz no one helping me out. but good thing is i can "close factory" now
happy.gif

didi, my hubby bought the coffee wth tongkat ali at my sundry shop downstairs. i think u can get it at sundry shops.

msh, u went see TCM? which physician did uc? what did she say? did she check yr pulse? I also have reservation abt taking TCM when i was trying. But then guess i was desperate to try anything. coz i saw on tv abt a fertility talkshow (Channel8) abt TCM medicine & how they concieve. later i heard abt "Gong LI (the actress /Simon Yam wife)" gotten pregnant tru TCM. so i decided to give it a try.

ya.. dr nair used to say to me every month.. dun worry yr time will come soon. One day, i was so tired of what he say.. i answered him back " U everytime tell me my turn will come soon.. but when? so tired of waiting. till now still not my turn"..
happy.gif
Dr nair was actually shocked when i answered him back. he was so stunned that he just stared at me.

i went to tiong bahru EYS. she said checked pulse and said sheng xu. i think tcm is a long term process and cannot be rushed..... but i do not want to do it slowly... she can sense my urgency and told me not to be stressed.... relaz and it'd happen, she said.

rainbow, how many days mc did dr nair give u after ET? he told me he'd probably give 3 days cos he prefer us to go to work and don't think too much at home. which is true also. occupy our mind with work and we'd not think negative. but at the same time, can't help but worrying that'd it'd be too stressful at work. of course i'm sure he'd oblige if we ask for more mc to rest.

MSH,

Me too cannot have too much $$$ to spend on fertility again, as we will be moving to a condo next year and that will cost $ and guess I won't be working yet as my work are quite stressful etc, maybe I will start work again after if the IVF get successful (as a contact staff) as really need to save some $, are you worry that you will get triplets ? twins are fine with me, but triplets quite taxing on mental and financial wise. Be careful about mixing TCM & IVF, guess for me I won't want to take chances.

Christina,

You are very blessed to have 2 babies, bet they must be cute. If you spend extra during delivery ? as I heard that having twins will costs more too.

Dr nair was generous. He gave me 3 weeks of hospital leave to rest after ER. MSH - what he said to you is quite opposite to what he told me...he asked me to rest alot leh..and don't think of work...cos i was worried then to take such a long leave.

Btw, what profession are you gals in? My work is also very stressful...i am doing IT...and quite difficult to take long leave also....always hv the thought to quit and concentrate on this ivf thingy...but guess it's financially not feasible...

christina - r u working or a full time mum?

AF is here :) time to start cycle :)

didi, so you are not working now? good can rest and relax. don't think about work of $$ now, just relax and be positive. what did u hear about TCM? can share with me more?

rainbow, me in education.

didi, you went for homone test on day 2? i think i'd be going tomorrow to do mine.... or maybe on 3rd day? do u gals know if it's ok to do on CD3? i just went for blood test today.... sigh will need to go back again tomorrow.... how many vials of blood do they take for hormone test.... today 4 vials plus AF plus tomoroow's xx vials... i'm running out of blood :p

and didi,rainbow... must share with me what u know hor... i very blur one.....

I went already on Monday (14 Nov 2005). I also blur one hor...., just do whatever Dr told me and go for whatever tests. Wonder if it is because I am too stressed. For TMC, I saw a list of to be avoided food at the ICSI/IVF support board (IIRC), that chinese herbs have to be avoided, TMC is all about chinese herbs, right ?

i think i can consider today as my CD 1 cos the AF is flow today... yesterday just spotting only. so tomorrow is hormone test.

i think i'd just finish the chinese medicine the TCM dr gave me.... 10 days only.. will finish by next thur. then i'd prob not see her again for a while.

rainbow,
me in web + graphic design line. So ur in the IT line huh? i know how stress it is. just take it ez. Currently, im fulltime hsewife. no choice. No one helping me wth the babies. See how, maybe wait till they grow bigger. SO in the meantime doing freelance at home.

Hey. MSH.. goodluck this time round. so ru doing Super Ovulation? U doing IVF? since ur starting the SO-IUI course , think u can stop taking TCM.

Didi, yup i spent around $4K + on delivery. Onli can deduct $2K from medisave. my babies weight is ok..so no nid to admit into ICU. thus, no xtra cost incurred.

christina, u mean u resigned b4 giving birth? then u don't get maternity leave? it's good the babies dont need icu. are they carried to full term? after we succeed in our ivf, u can share with us on preggie experiences... hhahahaha.... can't wait man.... but don't worry, didi, rainbow, our turns will come VERY soon. :)

i think i'm doing ivf, cos hb's sperms cannot make it :p anyway, results will be out this sat when i see dr again. hope the 10 days of TCM will help both of us in about 1 months time. praying hard.

yup. i resigned during my 4th month. MY Blood pressure a bit on the high side due to multiple pregnancy. so dr nair asked me better take lots of rest. If yr boss ask u go to work, ask him to call me..
happy.gif
I took lots of MC. Im sure u know.. when u do IUI or during that time.. u nid to take alot of time to see him. not to mention time spent waiting for me. Since i had a miscarriage b4, so i decided to resign. I didnt carry fullterm. 36 weeks.

DUn worry.. have faith.. yr turn will come soon.. then u will know being a mum..HEADCHE!!
happy.gif

MSH, update us on yr progress

dr nair so cute. he so confident he can convince your boss to let u take MC. hahaha. he told me only need to see him 3 times b4 pregnancy test. once for ER, once for ET and once for don't know when... forgot liao.

i know being a mum is headache too... we are trying so hard to be pregnant and i know when baby is born,... we'd realise we have brought a time bomb into this world. waiting to explode ... hahaha. that's how my sis described my niece when she's born.

i have not told my family about going on IVF... scared they keep aking qns...very stressed. but hb say ok to tell... he's going to tell his parents first.... i'd probably tell next week after i see dr nair this sat. do u gals tell?

me, I didn't tell my own parents as my mum is the 'kan cheong' type she will be worried and will brew all the tonics for me, and I will not want my parents to worry for me as for my parents-in-law, think my hubby has already tell them, (actually I would prefer them not to know, as his dad can be a 'broadcaster' at times (cause he believes that between family there shouldn't be any secrets).

Seriously, I wouldn't mind all the troubles/ headache if I am able to conceive. I am very sure about that as I have always loved children....

i'm scared of carrying new borns actually. never dared to touch them except on the cheeks or hands or head. hahaha... hubby will take care of carrying till baby is firm enough for me. hahaha

how long have u been married btw? me coming to 3 years end nov

Me married for 4 years, tried only for 2 years. Should have gone without protection and hit the jackpot. Did your hubby gone for sperm analysis already ?

Christina, ya dr so cute, ask your boss to call him...let's see if he will say the same to me..
When he gv me 3 wks of HL, i told him no need so long, else maybe sack. He said can complain to MOM.

Chris - is yours natural delivery?

i also did not tell my parents and inlwas. Only my sis and sis-in law knew. They were quite supportive though...always ask me to be positive and don't give up hope till the gynae give up hope on u...

i am married for abt 6 years, and hv started trying since 4 years agao..but only seek help 2 years ago...

or hv u contributed your pics to Dr Nair's gallery? If so, let us know which one and we try to look for u...hee hee...

rainbow, wow he gives u 3 weeks holiday. ya can get sacked easily.. didnt he know we r entitled to 14 days of mc per year??? during the 1st few months when i conceived, he told me anytime i want mc can just tell him. i bet he will tell that to u girls as well. when i resigned my mc is more then 14days.. have to deduct from my salary..

no, mine is C-section. the epidural is very painful though. time & date is fixed by dr. on that day they just wheel u in the operation room. hubby was there too.

as for myself ROM for 6 years, 2 years back only went for the chinese ceremony. started TTC after few months. and managed to get pregnant after 4 months of trying. guess i was too naive at that time. everyone was telling me, no nid so hurry to look for gynae can wait till 3 months. so i waited.. 2.5 months i went to look for a gynae (not dr nair). the scan showed the fetus no longer had a heartbeat. i can still remember the look on my hubby face. we were so sad. decided to get a 2nd opinion. since im staying at toa payoh.. i decided to look 4 a gynae near my place. found dr nair. he was ver gentle & understanding throughout the whole thing, thus in the end i decided to see him instead.

i have yet to put my babies pic in dr nair office. a lot of pics huh??wonder got anymore space. haha!! i told Jenny better find a good place for me..
happy.gif

335893.jpg

wow, they are so chubby. and the girl smiled so sweetlyin her sleep. the girl is fairere hor... or is it the lighting. l cannot tell them apart. do u need to wesr something on them to differentiate them in the beginning?

didi, ya hb has gone for SA test. today afternon. me going for hormone test. when u seeing dr again?

msh, ya my girl is fairer. They dun look alike during birth. the boy smaller 2.1kg wherelse the girl 2.5kg. they have put on a lot of weight since then.

so hows yr hubby SA test result + yr hormone test?

MSH,

This sat got to go for counselling, I must check when to see doc too many dates to remember, IIRC, is to see him the the second day of my nest menses, right ?

Christina,

Your girl is super chubby, I like the pic of her sleeping. You must be very contented ?

christina... the tests were done this week only,... in fact i just came back from hormone test. will get results this sat when i see dr.

didi, i don't know when is the next visit after this sat... u can call the nurses and ask... he told me to keep in close contact with betty.

another qn, i just remembered he has asked me to go to GP and take chicken pox and hepatitis jab... did u gals do it? isn't it too late already? i thot must wait 3-6 months b4 ttc if taking jab?

Msh,

He didn't tell me about it, sometimes I just wonder if he has too many patients that he has lost his personal touch to the patients. He cannot exactly remember what he has said at times.

well, i don't wish to think that way.... i would prefer to preserve my good opionions of him :) don't lose faith in him, didi.... :)

he's going away next week isn't he? he told us some dates. but i forgot when

hi ladies....so bz at work today...hence can only log in and read the post now...

christina...ur bb are so adorable...who is older..bb boy or girl?...girl girl is so smiley...no wonder u said once they smile...ur tiredness all disappear...

Dr Nair gave me 3 weeks of hospitalisation leave, not mc...i am entitled to 60 days HL per year...so hvn't kena sacked yet...heng...

ya sometimes i oso find dr couldn't exactly rem what he has said...i wld prefer if he is more personal..like if we can email him and ask question...i read from IVF support gp thread that 1 gynae went to the extent of smsing her, reminding her of the next day's appt. so good right...

didi - so u r only on oral medicine..no injection yet? did dr roughly tell u when will be the BIG day? He didn't ask meto take any jab though...

christina - did dr nair say anything when he saw your adorable bb? i guess he must be proud that he has made your wish come true!

rainbow,
the day i went back for my appointment wth dr nair.. He was so happy when he see them. He carried both of them and we take photos. Then he say.. ok u guys can go home, and leave them here wth me.
happy.gif
i told him, i really appreaciate all that he has done for us. really without him, we might not be parents of 2 adorable babies. So girls.. dun loose faith in him. Trust his judgement. u will be one happy parent one day.
btw, my girl older by 1 minute.

dr nair has so many patients. think sometimes he lost track of them. normally when i have problems or question i will call jenny. dun think dr nair has time at all.. so its hard for him to be more personal.

ya i heard dr nair will onli be in till next tues. My pap smear postpone to this sat.

christina, thks for the inspiring note...will continue to hv faith in him....he is quite funny sometimes huh...

Christina, MSH

ya, I have alway have faith in him that's y whatever he suggest doing, we will definitely follow. After seeing your babies, it really inspires me (at least there is someone with results to show-Christina).

Rainbow,

He roughly told me the ET will be on Christmas Day...., hope I will be lucky......

no la.... i think he has not lost the personal touch. he called me personally though. when i called his nurse and told her i wan to medical report of my history, he called me at the end of the day and talked to me for 15 min on the phone trying to find out more and console me. that's when i agreed to see him last sat. and when he saw us, he still remembered us by face even though we have not seen him for more than 2 years. he is very busy with his patients and the seminars that he needs to attend overseas. so i think i understand if he doesn't do emails. but i think the nurses are ok.,... can call them anytime to clarify.

good luck didi. we'd both be needing lots of it... mine will be afew days after yours.... i try not to think about the results for the blood tests that we have done this week. anyway i'm seeing him tomorrow . trying to be POSITIVE.

wow he has good memory.
Let's all hv faith on him and hope our dream will come very soon.

I am going to see Xia Rong tomorrow...will upd u gals.

MSH - u seeing dr tomorrow for scan?

I agreed that his memory is quite good, that's why he is a doc (gynae somemore), must be good in studies....., msh, as we have been seeing him long enough to know sometimes how long the nurses will take to return your calls, sometimes they will take a day or half a day. See him for sometime and you maybe will know.....lol
happy.gif
but I heard that all fertility docs are all busy so that's ok.....

errmmm..... i think we need to assert ourselves sometimes..... though i can see when i'm in the clinic that they are very busy... and i understand but when they promised and do not get back, i normally follow up and i won't be that friendly when i have to repeat myself again one lor. i've grown quite impatient over the lst few year.... i don't know why.

i'm getting my hormone test result tomorrow. i read that cannot have too high for FSH.... didi ... what was yours?

I have got mine already the nurse told me that everything is ok for me....., have gone for the counselling already.

Have about yours ?

just came back from mt e. mine is ok too.

i'm very worried leh... what if this what if that... i have a fibroid... thou dr said it may or not interfere with the pregnancy but the chance is always there. i'm doing hysteroscopy on monday.

have u gals done it? can tell me about it? how long is the procedure and how do u feel and so on.

sorry gals, i'm asking qns as and when they arise in my head... .another qn about the hysteroscopy..... can i make medisave claims for the charges? the nurses didn't mention it just now...

I have not done hysteroscopy, but laproscopy. Msh, if you have fibroids it is better that you get rid of them before pregnancy as I have a friend who didn't know she has fibroids and she just happened to conceive (really rare as women with fibroids do have fertility problems)(but unfortunately the foetus didn't have any heartbeat at 3-4weeks, IIRC and as a result she has to abort it). Think fibroids is quite common as I heard from my previous gynae that about 15% of women will have it.....

how come didn't do? dr nair never asked for it? i heard fr jenny, its must do one leh.

i'm not in favour of myomectomy (removal of fibroid) cos can cause uterine scaring and adhesion of tissues that's why 2 years ago i never did it. dr nair keep providing options and refused to make decision for or against it.... left me very stressed today after the appt with him today. i cried on the way home..... just felt very scared and lost. what if we have no kids after all this?? i'm not too gan1 xin1 lor, at least not yet.

Hi MSH, i also didn't do hysteroscopy...only did laproscopy for my severe endometrosis.
What is hysteroscopy?

Don't be stressed... be positive and hv faith in him.

i think they similar la, lapro is thru navel, i think hystero is thru vagina. hystero need to fast for 6 hours prior to it, and need to put a medication to dilate the cervix 3 hours b4 the surgery. so my appt is at 3pm, i need to be at the clinic by 12pm to start dilating cervix. this will cost me another 1k :-(((((

according to dr, it's to see the direction of the uterus, he said some people's uterous is vertical, some slanting, some spiral need to do this b4 ET so that can insert the eggs properly. don't know why u gals noneed leh,... esp rainbow..... i getting confused liao la.....

oh yes, another reason he said for doing it is to see my fibroid. maybe bcos u gals don't have it so he didn't suggest doing it for u. i think htat must be the reason.... must find reasons to justify our faith in him and think positive kekeke

actually i am not sure what he has done for me...only know the general term is called laproscopy...when i claim for my insurance...the bill did hv alot of surgical table...

yup lapro is thru navel..that where the most pain lies after the surgery...as it was my first surgery then...was sobbing after that cos didn't know will hv pain...

i was under GA and not sure what he has done...

MSH - so do u need to be hospitalised?
i stayed for 2 nights...and he visited me every morning and night..so touched by him..

no mine is day surgery.
how come lapro need hospitalised? th elast time i almost did, he also told me day surgery i think. if i remember correctly

my surgery was supposed to start at 230pm...but as usual..he is so bz and i think it only started at abt 430pm...so he said to stay 1 night for observation...
the next day, i was very bloated and he asked me to stay another night lor...

i see... think i can expect mine to start late too, cos he actually very full on monday one... but he ask betty to slot it in anyway.. he not around on tue onwards ithink but don't know till when

just read some info in yahoo on hysterscopy...seems like it's under LA...and it's more to check on fibroid.

The other time when he is not around was he went sri lanka to open the clinic there..i think...

Back