Dr Suresh Nair from Mt E

wow didi..u going Japan for CNY..do enjoy yourself and agree with MSH...maybe u will hv one made in Japan.

Nice meeting u the other day. I enjoy our chat...hope we can meet MSH & Chris soon.

MSH - don't worry, hope u can start this cycle and good luck.

rainbow,... thanks. i hope so too. i had very bad headaches in the afternoon... had to take a 2 hr nap. then i'm ok... now the headache is back. i wonder if it's a side effect of lucrin. i was having no side effects till now... maybe it means that at last my hormones are suppressed. but if i get headaches everyday, then jia lat la. i also feel very warm.... usu hubby is the one feeling warm, and i always feel cold,.. i can't stand it to sit under the fan at full blast before this.... but now i'm asking him to move so that i get the spot which enjoys the most wind from the ceiling fan.... hahaha.... didi, u encountered these during the last few days of lucrin?

good for u didi. hope u got a japan baby!!! enjoy yrself. how was yr cyst when u went for checkup on the 15th. all clear??

msh, dun worry toomuch . take it ez. hope u can start this cycle. goodluck.

how was yr meeting girls?

me, getting a maid soon. any advise? indo or filipino maid??

MSH, me too getting headaches when I was on Lucrin, thought was because I am stressed so at least now I know it might be because of Lucrin.

Rainbow - Thanks looking forward for the trip, I love babies made-in-japan
happy.gif
(just kidding !)

Christina - imo, it is better to get a filipino maid as think they are smarter and easier to communicate (just my personal opinion as my mil has a indo one and due to their custom and upbringing they are quite laidback
happy.gif
)

msh - yes i think it's the side effect of lucrin...when i was on it for 3 mths, i had migraine quite often and hot flushes - which means u feel hot most of the time.

how long will dr be away?

ya, i feel warm most of the time... yesterday went to a friends house... i was complaining to my hubby after that the house is not very airy ad he said.. no leh... very cooling there.... then i realised i was the only one feeling warm....

btw i have good news gals,... i just cam back from dr... he's back liao. my cyst is gone and i start stimulation today. hope to do ER by end of the month. next scan is this fri... hopefully i got stimulated..... if not dr said very low chance....cos this is first time and he has not idea how i'd respond, cos everyone is different. he hope i can succeeed first time of course. praying hard.

msh - so r u still on lucrin or another type of stimulation medicine?

Keep us posted on your progress.

Didi - i am also thinking of trying my 2nd round in Feb 06..maybe we can bump into each other again.

i'm still on lucrin, as well as puregon for stimulation. hb told me no need to wash clothers anymore.... hahaha..... but actually i think can do housework still, until after ET

wow your hubby so nice...then don't do la...let him do more...

Saw your qn in another thread. I was on 150 puregon previously.

didi - u manage to get the TCM details of baby lover?

like that call nice... he only nice when he needs me leh :-( hahaha. hmmm... then how come he said 300 is normal dosage. anyway, i don't care anymore la... just accept and have faith in him. maybe he'd reduce dosage after this fri. today spent 2k on the 5 days of puregon :-(

I agree they should do more than washing clothes,(this is nothing compare to we women that have to undergo the emotional stress, pain of injections/ blood tests etc). Come to think of it, guessed it won't be any difference for me if I were to go thru Puregon etc as my hubby is already helping me to do the housework (he does more housework actually from the start anyway
happy.gif
). Puregon is so...expensive !

rainbow7, yes, he emailed me the details of the TCM already. Haven't decide whether to see him or the MP sinseh yet. Do you want to see either one of them too ?

if u gals decide to go to MP sinseh,..... let me know... i stay very near from there.... we can meet!!! :) if i fail this round, then i might go and see him. didi... where is the babylover's tcm?

didi, when are u going to see dr to check the cyst? better get an all clear from him and then go see the TCM, else will not know if it came out on its own or TCM helped. knowing the latest will also help in updating TCM on your latest condition.

rainbow, did u attack hb yet ? ;-p

Msh, I have seen Dr and he says the cyst is still there
sad.gif
and if by next menses if it is still there then he will have it sucked out (will be done in his clinic). Dr asked him whether to I want to do it in January 2006 but we declined as I am afraid to look bloated during CNY, nosy relatives will ask/ speculate things.....I will have to see him again next month (ie in January 2006). Ya, if I were to go and see TCM will definitely let him know. Stressful........, how do you cope ? btw, what are your plans for CNY, gals ?

oh dear.... i have read b4 that they can be sucked out too. i think it should come out eventually one right, even without sucking? its just that we want to start the program so we don't have time to wait for it come out natuarally.... else normally if it doesn't come out this time, it should come out the next... actually if u do it in jan, the bloatedness will only happen after cny i think? anyway i think u deserve your japan break first. enjoy first... if successful, u can't go for the next 9 months.

i'm trying not to be stressed now.... i also worry how to tell my boss about HL, cos i don't have mood to start work in jan during 2ww.... if i start work , i sure jump and shout and get more stressed one lor.... but at the same time i don't want to shortchange the kids. dilema.

MSH, Take the break, you need it, you can return to the kids later. Think the cyst might come out, but if we need to do asap then got to get it sucked out. btw, it is strange that the cyst appear as as I scanned my womb practically every month, there was never a cyst and when I want to try IVF, it appear !!!! could it be because of the medicine/ injections ?

i know what u mean. in fact hubby thinks dr gave us something that caused the cyst to grow.... cos we both had it.... cos he had a bad experience with a urologist once, so he very skeptical of drs now. can't blame him also.... he was operated on and we think it could have been unnecesary....

i think could be the nordette.... but cannot confirm cos some people don't get it .... i'm puzzled too. i never liked bcp cos i know it can upset the whole system one.... in fact i suspect my fibroid is due to me taking bcp shortly after marriage.... but could not confirm cos never scanned b4 taking the pills.

didn't attempt this mth cos hubby was not feeling well during critical period.

didi - is the rochor clinic known as ming kang?

oh no.. it always happen hor.... when u want it, u cannot have it and when u don't feel like it,... hb keep pestering. once i even wake hb up in the middle of the nite cos i think that was it.... after doing hb just slept and we did'nt strike of course. so hilarious.... just like AF.... hb was teasing me i alwys scared to see red... but this time round.... i keep going to toilet to check if there is... till i finally see it and so happy.

Mash, I think so too. But what to do Dr will not tell us that's the reason, monday when I see him he is quite busy, sometimes really hope everything goes well and we don't have to spend extra $$$$.

rainbow, yes think its the same one. he wrote as minh kand, you going to see him ? me haven't decide yet.....

Yep, every month when my AF is slightly late, I am full of hopes but when it comes I am so upset that I even cry....., can imagine how stressful I am.

u were there on monday? i was there too.. .what time u were there? ya mon very busy cos he not around fri and sat i think

my appt was supposed to be around 4pm, they told me to go around 5 then get to see him at 630pm-645pm. There was so many patients, and there was this man with the wife waited to see him since 3pm then he only get to see him around 7, was so angry that he told joey (the receptionist) off. Can really understand that, it is very frustating to wait over 4 hours, doing nothing
sad.gif

oic, my appt was morning. yesterday sister asked me why nowadays don't see my hb...... he has not been coming with me for a while.... i told her he has no leave and work place is too far to come down for dr's visit. i always wonder how the hb's take so much leave sit in the clinin with thir wives one.

didi...i hv seen the rochor TCM once for my migraine...he twist and turn and pull my neck till i cried...don't think i dare to see him again. But my friend did told me one of her girlfriend also strike after seeing him.
That time, i was ttcing and i asked him...he said my chances is good...no need to worry..didn't know it was hb's issue then...

maybe we shd send some suggestions to dr to improve his clinic waiting time. I think the nurse shd pre-empt the patients if the waiting time is long...they shd go and shop around first..and when it's their turn, then call their mobile to be back at clinic..really no use sitting in the clinic and wait for more than 2 hrs.

didi - u went to see dr cos your AF arrived?

how much $$$ did u gals set aside for this ivf? $10k?

i think if i go for long protocol..this is the money that i must set aside...the other time under short protocol...only need to set aside $5k.

come to think of it...we can use the $$$ to go round the world..holidaying...sigh

rainbow, yes I went to see him cause my menses is here, as for the $, I really hate to think how much we need to put aside, sometimes it really heart pain when everytime, we went to see dr and have to pay and pay
sad.gif

rainbow, didi, i saw the gals at ttc thread pooling to get opk strips... u might like to j oin them,... just get 5-10 strips for jan cycle. who knows u may strike? good luck! then can save so much $$.

my mil last nite called. she felt very guilty that i'm having to inject myself so much everyday.... she's esp sorry that i'm doing 2 injections a day now.... she keep saying its her sin that's why we are suffering now.... she's very nice.

MSH, ask your mil don't think that way. I didn't tell my mother or mil about the injections, otherwise their concern will give me more stress instead for my case.

msh - where can i find the opk strip...? wow, your mil is so nice...but i am like didi...don't intend to tell my parents and in law...

rainbow, i also intend to buy the opk strips, how many should we buy ? and when shopuld we test ? I am really clueless when it comes to testing for ovulation
sad.gif

u can pool with the gals in the ttc thread. i got once from http://www.babywishes.org/OvulationTests.html. got 50 sticks and was using for like 1 year... each month use about 6-7 sticks. i think i got the EZ Ovulation (LH) Predictor Test Strips
where u don't have to compare the darkness of the 2 lines... as long as u see 2 lines that means ovulation coming within the next 8-36 hours.

actually mil has been asking hb "when when when ...." since 2 years back..... so we always tell her soon. then when she found out we doing ivf and need injections, she feel very guilty and now ask us what's the hurry. i don't like to tell parents too... but hb wanted to tell his parents so i let him lor.... anyway not my fault its hb's low count kekeke.... i din tell my parents.... actually very guilty too.... telling lies.

MSH, need to check something is we see an indication that ovulation is coming within the next 8-36 hours, does that means when we must have intercourse ? when is the best time to test for ovulation ? thanks

yes, u start testing on day 11, need to test early cos it predicts ovulation.... so in case u ovulate earlier than usual, at least u can catch it. yes i read that normally once u see 2 lines, u have intercourse that day and the next. in fact i continue to test even after getting positive results.... sometimes the 2 lines last for 2 days... and we try to have intercourse till we get negative result. but hubby normally peng san by then liao.... hahaha

Ok, but my hubby's stamina not so good...leh to do everyday
happy.gif
Btw, my ovulation think not so early as between day 10 - 14, I don't see mucus but a few days after that. Msh, when is the best time to test ? do I have to test around the same time everyday ? Please advise

hehe... my hb too, he will not be interested to do it again the next day... at least one two 2 days interval b4 he interested again.

opk predicts ovulation, that's why when we see postitive results, it indicates ovulation is within the next 8-36 hours. how many days is your cycle normally... testing on day 11 is asssuming u have a 28 day cycle.. if yours is longer then u can start later... but not too late else u'd miss it. for me, i normally start on day 11, and will get positve results around 14th to 16th... slowly u can adjust but better to play safe. this is to avoid missing THE day.

and yes, u should test at the same time everydday... and not supposed to use the first urine of the day. i normally pee when i get up, then use the next pee to test.... u can drink some water but not too much else it'd dilute the LH in the urine.

i just came back from my scan.... there are about 7 follicles in left ovary, largest 10mm , smallest 5mm... dr can't see left ovaries cos of the fibroid i have and it blocks the view. dr said not as good as he expected,... he expected them to be at least 2mm bigger. so he upped my dosage to 400iu. next scan is on 27th.

when i reached home, i remembered that i wanted to ask the nurses for more syringes for my lucrin... oh dear... now i have 1 short for tue morning's jab. think i'd bring the lucrin to the clinic and jab there and then. anyway i need to go for blood test in the morning.

how many follicles are we supposed to have as I heard from Dr that that all follicles will have 'eggs' ? so it better to have as many as possible. My hb has just bought the Digital Ovulation kit for me, guess will testr around day 11 onwards (it has 7 sticks). Msh, are your nervous ? think you will be nervous all the way till you ET ?
happy.gif
Btw, thankw will follow your method of testing, do you think it is better to contain the urine in a container or test it in the flow ?

msh - u must be getting more and more excited.
Me also getting excited for you.
Hope more good news is coming and rest and eat well.

rainbow, have you used the opk ? I have tried today (which is the 11th day of my menses). Have you heard of anyone who ovulate earlier than day 10 ? just wondering, when we have the white mucus does it means we have ovulated ? of otw to ovulation ? did you get the digital one ?

i did get the digital one but didn't use any this mth...good luck to you...keep trying.

mah - how r u? when is your next checkup?

hi gals, i posted my latest update in the ivf support thread.

didi, i think i'd be nervous all the way till confirm success or fail :-( today is my last puregon jab... extra painful and when i pull out the needle an extra large blob of blood oozed out... but it stopped after i wiped it away... thou the spot was sore for about 15 minutes... think i tilted the needle while it's inside. hubby was so sorry.

Yep, if you tilted the meedle, it will be painful. So yoy are having your last jab for Puregon, so what happens next ? Take Care
happy.gif

tom i'm seeing dr, think he'd ask me to go for trigger shot at night. after that ER on 31st, and ET on 3rd. very scared no eggs :-(

Me too, I was worried that time if I go for the IVF this cycle : - things to worry

1. Whether follicles will grow ?
2. Whether follicles hve eggs inside ? (sorry earlier msgs should be not all follicles have eggs? typo error
sad.gif
)
3. Whether the eggs will fertilised ? etc
4. After ET, whether the implantation will be successful ?

This are just my personal worries, I am someone who worry a lot. Guess you have to stay positive for the whole thing
happy.gif

Ladies - pls do not hv so much worries...for my last attempt...i didn't think so much, was just listening to what doctor says.

Be positive and half the battle will be won.

Ok, rainbow, my hubby told me it is better not to know so much, as we will have more stress. Yes, gonna be positive
happy.gif

Back